Ashley's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 06:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ View Post
And even when she told me she was pregnant I told myself I would be pregnant by the time she had her ultrasound and im not. And I also told myself I would hopefully be pregnant by the time she had her baby and who knows if that'll happen. .
You know I know EXACTLY how you feel there I was just saying the same thing the other day. It is SO hard because thats like how we cope and then once they have the baby and you're sitting there, empty, it hits you, there is no more coping, they're a mom and we aren't.

I'm really hoping this is your month and that everything will stick and I'll be stalking your pregnancy journal.
February 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I do the exact same thing. And it sucks, you know? Its amazing how many times I've said "oh well, I'll be pregnant by..." and then the data rolls up and I'm still in the same boat as I have been, no pregnancy, no baby. Recently, I've decided to try and move my "date" forward though to three years Screw this six month crap, it comes up way too quick. Three years might be just about perfect. No matter what things will be figured out by then
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
February 22nd, 2011, 07:13 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you made it through last night ok... I was thinking about you!

And woo hoo for the temp rise!!! Welcome to the 2ww!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 22nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CD18 - 2-3DPO

No, I honestly didnt make it through last night okay. It was REALLY hard. But im not going to go into all that and make it an issue. It is her time and im very very happy for her. Its just hard not to be sad and depressed for us! She is having a girl and naming her "Honor" I think that is such a gorgeous name!

Im so glad to be clearly in the 2WW again. Last month we didnt even have a shot at all because we didnt dtd around O time at all, so im glad to be in it again! I think I will do Soy again next cycle if this cycle doesnt work (obviously its not going to!)
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 22nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'm so sorry. I'm not too close with anyone that has gone through a pregnancy-- well my cousin's wife who I was tight with but we drifted as soon as I found out they were pregnant) I can't imagine- but you're such an amazing friend and it shows with you being with her!! I definitely can't imagine how hard it was though... and still is.

And don't say this cycle won't work-- you have an excellent chance, and I am hoping we both move to the November DDC-- this is our best chance yet to remain together!!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

February 23rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
CD19 - 3-4DPO

Some days the pain of feeling like I will NEVER be pregnant really hurts more than others. Today I just cant believe it, I cannot see myself ever having a pregnant belly, ever seeing a heartbeat on an ultrasound, ever feeling a baby kick, ever having my own baby shower. Etc. I just cannot see it happening. I cant. And I dont think it will. Im scared over the fact that I just cant see it happening means it wont. I know lots of girls probably envisioned themselves pregnant before it ever happened and I just cant even do that. Im sad about that.

Im sad that one of my best friends is having a baby girl. Im SO happy for her, I cant stress that enough but im sad for us. She's having a girl which I wanted so bad (not that I want a girl over a boy, I would DIE for either...I just always wanted a girl ever since I was a little one) and she is planning her shower and going with a theme I had always wanted to do. Its just heartbreaking. And its not like I can even talk to her about it anymore, because now its her, ya know? I used to talk to her all the time about fertility stuff and vent to her when someone else popped up pregnant but I cant do that now because she is one of them. I dont want to offend her or hurt her feelings because now is HER time. Ever since I found out she was pregnant, its been in the back of my head that I would always treat her how I would want to be treated if it was finally me who was pregnant. I would want her to be happy for me. If I finally got pregnant I wouldnt want someone bringing me down, so I dont want to do that to her.

Anyway, gosh im going on and on about her. Just cant stop thinking about all of this. I am only 24 and shouldnt be going through this. I started TTC when I was 22, TWENTY TWO for god sakes. I should have a 1 and a half year old right now (the first time I got pregnant I was due in Aug 09) Thats pretty depressing. Oh well, ill just go with what Jason ALWAYS says, "We'll appreciate it more..."
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 23rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're feeling down, Ashley. I think we all feel that way sometimes, that we can't possibly picture ourselves pregnant after trying so hard, for so long. I wish I had something more encouraging that I could say! But since I don't, I'll just say that I'll keep you in my T&Ps.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
February 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM
CD21 - 5-6DPO

I cant stop thinking about Jackie This just isnt fair that we all have to go through this.

This morning I realized it was a really great thing for me to take that break from obsessively charting and worrying about TTC. I feel renewed! I also feel more hopeful being SO MUCH MORE healthy. Not that I think im gonna end up pregnant anytime soon, but I just feel better about everything being healthy.

This morning as I was stepping out of my door (I always go out the garage and get in my car and we have one little step) I got SO dizzy. I stopped for a minute because I felt so out of it. It was strange, I 100% know it had nothing to do with my cycle or anything, I just thought I was gonna pass out and someone was gonna find me laying in my garage!

This weekend I finally, finally have my first whole weekend off of taking any pictures so Im going to enjoy every single second of it! Tonight we have a wedding shower to attend but I think my butt is gonna be on either my couch or in my bed all weekend Saturday night Jason and I are going to dinner though, we havent gone in FOREVER probably since starting our diets. Gotta make healthy choices!

February 25th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ash...

I know exactly where you're coming from. I have a hard time picturing myself pregnant or any of that too. It just seems so far away that I can't even see it, ya know? It's funny... I'm able to be optimistic and show the silver lining of everything to everyone else... but not for myself.

I was talking to a GF of mine after she had a medical procedure done the other day. I don't believe they are actively TTC yet, but it's definitely in the near future for them. She mentioned that they asked her if she could possibly be pregnant and she said "No. My husband and I are trying... but I know I'm not right now."

They gave her a test and it was negative and all, but I've gotta admit... I felt a shiver of panic. Not that I was afraid she'd be pregnant... but the idea of having someone so close to me on the TTC journey too... and what if she's all perfect and gets pregnant right away and GAH!!!

So, I hear ya... and therefore I bring

February 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Quote:
CD19 - 3-4DPO

Some days the pain of feeling like I will NEVER be pregnant really hurts more than others. Today I just cant believe it, I cannot see myself ever having a pregnant belly, ever seeing a heartbeat on an ultrasound, ever feeling a baby kick, ever having my own baby shower. Etc. I just cannot see it happening. I cant. And I dont think it will. Im scared over the fact that I just cant see it happening means it wont. I know lots of girls probably envisioned themselves pregnant before it ever happened and I just cant even do that. Im sad about that.

I have never realized that other people had the same feelings as me nearly as much as you seem too. Between the whole "I'll be pregnant by the time they deliver" thing and now this. I can not picture myself having all of that either. It is SO scary. But these are the type of feelings that I really feel like I can't tell anybody cause they'll tell me it doesn't mean anything but I fear it does...

I hope you have an amazing weekend off from pictures! Enjoy!!
February 26th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:dothug: I know it was tough for you to go through that with your friend. I'm always thinking of you :wub:
February 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Hi Ash.... I hope you're holding up ok. I'm sorry I haven't been here for YOU the last few days especially. I got caught up in my own TTC drama, and that's not right.

I hope you are enjoying your first weekend OFF in a long time-- have a nice dinner with Jason, and just enjoy your time together. I love you honey.

February 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you are enjoying your weekend off. You certainly deserve it. I'm so sorry you had to go through that with your friend. That just shows what an amazing friend you are (not to mention what an amazing mommy you will be and trust me you WILL be one!!!). Just wanting to stop by and let you know I'm thinking of you and cheering you on!
February 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
CD24 - 8-9DPO

Nikki- Thanks so much, its nice to see you around here! Hope your doing well! (And your mother)

Jackie- Dont you dare say sorry, you had way too much on your plate to even worry about me. And dont forget that I went MIA for awhile too when I just couldnt deal anymore and wasnt really there for you for a bit.

Casey- Thanks for checking in on me! I feel like since I took such a long break from journals and worrying about this stuff that no one really comes around my journal anymore...and thanks for saying you think I WILL be a mommy, its hard for me to believe!

Not much going on with me, Jason and I enjoyed our weekend together more than I can even explain! I havent slept past 7am in about 6 months and we both slept until 11am on Saturday morning! I was SHOCKED! We had a really intense workout friday night too so that may have contributed but it felt sooooo good. I havent slept that late since I was a teen!

Yesterday I was really sick off an on all day, I honestly thought I was coming down with the flu or something and it would be worse today but im totally fine. TMI!!! but my tummy hurt SO bad and I couldnt tell if I needed to sit on the toilet ( ) or stand over the toilet to puke. It was not fun, I ran to the bathroom constantly. Im totally fine today though!!

We had some storms and tornados overnight so that was scary, I could not sleep at all and it started sounding REALLY scary outside (it was really windy and things were pounding against the house) so I finally woke up Jason and we turned the TV and went downstairs, perfect timing because the tornado alarms started going off and the meteorologists said to get downstairs (for our area) right when we did. Luckily not much damage occured to us but there is lots of damage across the St. Louis area.

Today my temp dipped REALLY low. Like really low for 2WW so im hoping it jumps back up tomorrow morning.

Have a good day girls! End of month today so i'll be busy here.

February 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I hope that temp is down for a VERY good reason!!

We had storms here last night, too!! So weird for this time of year!

by they way...

March 1st, 2011, 03:27 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
CD24 - 8-9DPO

Nikki- Thanks so much, its nice to see you around here! Hope your doing well! (And your mother)

Jackie- Dont you dare say sorry, you had way too much on your plate to even worry about me. And dont forget that I went MIA for awhile too when I just couldnt deal anymore and wasnt really there for you for a bit.

Casey- Thanks for checking in on me! I feel like since I took such a long break from journals and worrying about this stuff that no one really comes around my journal anymore...and thanks for saying you think I WILL be a mommy, its hard for me to believe!

Not much going on with me, Jason and I enjoyed our weekend together more than I can even explain! I havent slept past 7am in about 6 months and we both slept until 11am on Saturday morning! I was SHOCKED! We had a really intense workout friday night too so that may have contributed but it felt sooooo good. I havent slept that late since I was a teen!

Yesterday I was really sick off an on all day, I honestly thought I was coming down with the flu or something and it would be worse today but im totally fine. TMI!!! but my tummy hurt SO bad and I couldnt tell if I needed to sit on the toilet ( ) or stand over the toilet to puke. It was not fun, I ran to the bathroom constantly. Im totally fine today though!!

We had some storms and tornados overnight so that was scary, I could not sleep at all and it started sounding REALLY scary outside (it was really windy and things were pounding against the house) so I finally woke up Jason and we turned the TV and went downstairs, perfect timing because the tornado alarms started going off and the meteorologists said to get downstairs (for our area) right when we did. Luckily not much damage occured to us but there is lots of damage across the St. Louis area.

Today my temp dipped REALLY low. Like really low for 2WW so im hoping it jumps back up tomorrow morning.

Have a good day girls! End of month today so i'll be busy here.
I'm still here! And Casey's right... you WILLLLL be a Mommy
March 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
CD25 - 9-10DPO

I really think im 10DPO but im just putting that up there because its a small possibility that im only 9DPO.

I dont know what it is, no scratch that, I do know what it is...its the fact that im so healthy and feel like a new person that makes me feel so hopeful about TTC again. I feel as though its my first month TTC all over again! Ive started reading a new book about infertilty (Thanks SO much Darcy, if you read this!) but in there she says you have to learn to "start over" when something changes in regards to TTC. As in, if you get testing and find out you have a reason you have gotten pregnant, then from that point forward start fresh like its your first month. So, here I am...having made a HUGE change in my life, something i've wanted to do for years but never thought I could be one of those insanely motivated people who lose weight just by diet and exercise, no quick fixes, just blood, sweat, and tears HARD WORK. And i've done it, I have officially joined the club and if feels more amazing than anything I have ever done in my entire life. And with that, I feel, once again, like the fertile 20 year old I once was before all of this infertilty stuff. And if that feeling goes away in the next couple of months, fine then. BUT I will not allow myself to feel that way again just yet.

My temp today went right back up to where it was! Whoo! I may test tomorrow, maybe not.

Have a great day girls!

March 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gonna add in, you WILL be a mommy!
Glad you are feeling positive again, and hooray for being super healthy!
March 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love your positivity!! I hope you do test tomorrow but understand if you don't!
March 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loving the positive attitude! I definately think your new, healthy lifestyle is the first step to getting your BFP! I can't wait to say I told you so

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search