Ashley's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2009, 07:40 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you are getting some help. The endocrinologist should be able to test for all sorts of stuff and give you a better answer as to why the miscarriages are occuring. Yay, hope you have a great appointment and you get a sticky bean soon!
October 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ash!! Just making my way back through the journals....

Glad to hear you've got a fab new doctor and a great RE! I hope you get all the answers you need so that you can get that super sticky bean.

I've got my first appt in 7 days... so I'm a combination of excited and edgy!!

I hope you get that sticky bean really soon... So glad to hear married life is still treating you well!!

October 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been so bad about visiting the journals, and look- I missed a lot!! I'm so happy that you have found a new doctor, and I'm SO glad that someone is actually listening to you now!! It's definitely something that they need to take seriously!

Keep us posted on the doctor updates-- it's certainly not boring!! If it is, then my whole journal is full of boredom! I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and I can't wait to celebrate that super sticky bean with you!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

October 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the RE is the right place to be cause they can run all the more intricate bloodwork/testing to determine what is causing the eggies not to stick...
I really hope that they give you complete answers and even better solutions
October 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that you have been referred to an RE! We can now be RE buddies in addition to TTC buddies!
October 27th, 2009, 05:54 PM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ashley! I just finished reading your journal up to date and I loved it! I also just got married....actually on the day of your bachelorette party..Sept 5th! Congrats to you and your new hubby. I see you have been through a lot trying to concieve and I wish you the best of luck!

October 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ashley! Not sure if I've ever posted on your journal but I've definitely been stalking it for awhile now! That's so great that you are finally getting the help that you need! And that your doctor is willing to answer all your questions. Just because they know all this info on TTC doesn't mean we do! and we want our questions answered! Also, i looked at your wedding pics and everything was absolutely gorgeous! esp you in that amazing dress!! Good luck at your appt!

October 28th, 2009, 07:20 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAgs View Post
I'm glad you are getting some help. The endocrinologist should be able to test for all sorts of stuff and give you a better answer as to why the miscarriages are occuring. Yay, hope you have a great appointment and you get a sticky bean soon!
Thanks you so much!!! Yea, ive heard ill be going through LOTS and LOTS of bloodwork and testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Hey Ash!! Just making my way back through the journals....

Glad to hear you've got a fab new doctor and a great RE! I hope you get all the answers you need so that you can get that super sticky bean.

I've got my first appt in 7 days... so I'm a combination of excited and edgy!!

I hope you get that sticky bean really soon... So glad to hear married life is still treating you well!!
Glad your back Nikki!! THanks for checking in on me! Married life IS still treating me well, its amazing!!! You have an appointment with an RE? (Sorry just a LITTLE behind in journal stalking! ) I hope you get some answers!! It feels like everyone is taking the next step towards getting help...which is a wonderful thing, but scary at the same time (for me at least!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
I've been so bad about visiting the journals, and look- I missed a lot!! I'm so happy that you have found a new doctor, and I'm SO glad that someone is actually listening to you now!! It's definitely something that they need to take seriously!

Keep us posted on the doctor updates-- it's certainly not boring!! If it is, then my whole journal is full of boredom! I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and I can't wait to celebrate that super sticky bean with you!!
You HAVE missed a lot Jackie! Shame on you! Just kidding!!! Yea, im really excited, but REALLY REALLY scared. Im just so scared that their gonna find something really wrong, that will cause us not to be able to conceive. I have a friend here on JM who went through almost exactly what we have gone through and then her husband was diagnosed with a balanced translocation which is now my biggest fear. And she has MTHFR. Scary stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
I think the RE is the right place to be cause they can run all the more intricate bloodwork/testing to determine what is causing the eggies not to stick...
I really hope that they give you complete answers and even better solutions
Thank you Tonya...im hoping for the best, but cant stop thinking about all the bad outcomes there could be. Thanks for checking in on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDD View Post
I'm glad that you have been referred to an RE! We can now be RE buddies in addition to TTC buddies!
Not something I ever planned on or thought I would go through, but hey ill take it! If it means well both have babies soon im all for it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarieP View Post
Hey Ashley! I just finished reading your journal up to date and I loved it! I also just got married....actually on the day of your bachelorette party..Sept 5th! Congrats to you and your new hubby. I see you have been through a lot trying to concieve and I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you very much! Its nice to see some new faces in here! Have you created a journal? September is a good month for a wedding in my opinion! Congratulations to you too! Isnt the honeymoon stage so amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmari816 View Post
Hey Ashley! Not sure if I've ever posted on your journal but I've definitely been stalking it for awhile now! That's so great that you are finally getting the help that you need! And that your doctor is willing to answer all your questions. Just because they know all this info on TTC doesn't mean we do! and we want our questions answered! Also, i looked at your wedding pics and everything was absolutely gorgeous! esp you in that amazing dress!! Good luck at your appt!
Well, thank you very much for stalking me!!! Hope to see you around more often!!

I talked with the RE yesterday and I cant get in until November 30th That sucks! I guess its okay though...I just dont know what to do in the meantime. TTC and hope not to get pregnant and have another loss, hold off and wait until we get some answers??!!! Im so torn in two ways, on one side I have this feeling that if I can just get pregnant I can make it work if I try harder I can make my bean stick which makes me want to try (which i know is just nonsense I didnt do anything wrong any other time I did absolutely everything possible to have a healthy baby). Then on the other hand I dont want to go through the same thing again which makes me want to wait. Then again I also think, maybe it was just bad luck three times in a row and the next time will be fine which makes me want to TTC. Ugh...I dont know what to do!!! What would you guys do? My OB says there is no harm in trying if I want to just of course make sure to take prenatals and baby aspirin (in case I do have the clotting issue, she says it doesnt hurt if you dont have it, but it would help if i do) I dont know what to do....
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

October 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I have a little journal at work that I started just to be able to show the doctor what is happening...when and if we have to figure out what's wrong. I don't have one on here though.....
I loved the month of September for our wedding! I don't know where you are but it was PERFECT weather here...we started dating in Sept too so it just seemed right

Haha, honeymoon stage is over! We have been together for so long AND lived together that it really doesn't feel very different! LOL! Maybe when we have a baby it will seem more real

October 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Weve been together for 4 years and lived together for 3yrs and 10months of that time!!! And it STILL feels totally different...I feel more in love with him than ever! And I feel like it just gets better each day!
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

October 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, that is too funny! We have been together 5 years and lived together 4 years and 10 months of that time!! What a coincidence!

That is so sweet that you guys feel like that I do kinda feel closer to him but he's still a big dork!

How's the baby making going?

October 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
That is funny!! As far as baby making ... Im just trying to decide what we should do ... wait until after we meet with the RE (weve had some "fertility" problems) but if youve read my journal you already know that! But I cant decide if we should wait to meet with him and figure out whats wrong first...or start trying and risk having another loss... I dont know I cant decide theres bad parts of both decisions

Last edited by ♥Ashley♥; October 28th, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
October 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
That is a tough decision....when is your appointment? If it's not too far away then I would wait it out but if it's not for another month...that might be harder.

I haven't been through a loss but I'm not sure if I would be as strong as you are with a couple in my past!

Good luck with your decision

October 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That sucks that you have to wait another month to see the RE. Of course in the grand scheme of things, it's only another month! Good luck with whatever you decide to do until then.
October 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Ashley...I'm so sorry I have been a bad journal visitor...and you have been having so many exciting things happening!!! I am so excited that you have found a dr. that will hear you concerns and help you through it!!! It is hard that you have to wait another month before you can get in though. TTC is definitely a decision that you and Jason are going to have to make. If you think you could chance that perhaps you may have another loss...I know that it would definitely be hard to have to go through that again. Definitely you guys should discuss it, and I know us girls here will stand behind you no matter what decision you make...and we will all be praying that if you do decide to continue to TTC till your appointment that you will have a super sticky bean!!!
October 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been meaning to come in here FOREVER just to say your wedding photos were BEAUTIFUL and I absolutely LOVE your siggy!!!!!! It makes me smile every time I see it. My best friend did the same colors, and I love the look!!!

Lots of luck with your upcoming RE appointment, I hope you get some answers FAST!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
October 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl...sounds like a very hard choice to make. I hope y'all can decide what to do. Im very excited for you about the appointment...you need to make a countdown ticker for how many days left.

October 31st, 2009, 04:10 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ashley! So glad that you have finally found someone who can and is willing to help you! I don't know what I would do if Iwas you?? I agree you and DH need to weigh your options and decide what is best for you. That being said, I think that once the RE runs some tests, you will be preggo with a sticky bean very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Halloween
November 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
We are just going to continue to go with the flow. Not preventing, but not going crazy over bd'ing, cm, opks, testing...etc. So im pretty sure im 5DPO today (obviously that is not 100% certain but I think its either that day (CD14) or the day after (CD15), so I need to keep that in mind when it comes time for AF to be due. The baby bug is really hitting me hard here lately, its all I can think about and talk about all over again. There was actually a point where I just wanted to be a married couple for a while and not even think about ttc, but thats way out the door now...I dont want to wait!

November 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I hope you are blessed with your miracle while you aren't trying like crazy! It'd make the surprise that much better!! I'm with you on the baby bug thing- ughhh, it's taking over my life (ok, it has for a long time now) but even worse now!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search