Lyz's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First I want to start with how me and DH met. Dan and I have "ran with the same crowd" since we were little kids (I played softball in 5th grade with his sister). We never really knew each other but just had similar friends. One night I was hanging out with some friends and Dan was one of those guys. We hit it off as friends right away. When I left that night I knew there was something that I liked about him but couldn't put my finger on it!

For a few weeks afterwards we would always run into each other at the same parties, etc. To make a long story short we started dating from then on and here we are almost 7 years later! We were married on January 12, 2008 and it was such an awesome wedding! After marriage everyone started with "the" question. I am still in Grad school getting my master's so I was able to stave everyone off by saying "after I graduate we'll probably try then". Apparently I can't wait that long (I do graduate in May 2009)! My sister had her first baby in September 2007 and I have had baby fever ever since! I really wanted to wait until I was at the end of my schooling because I'm working 40 hrs/wk at my regular job and then 20/hr at my internship and everyone says you're exhausted your first trimester. Something hit me around our 1st wedding anniversary and I decided I really wanted a baby. We talked about it and decided to start giving it a try.

Dan asked me not to make "a project" out of TTC (he knows I'm a planner and I need instant gratification) and I'm trying really hard not to! But, it's so hard when I thought it would happen the first month. Let me preface that with I have been off birth control since we were married so my body was good to go in that department. I have always had your typical cycle 28-29 days. I figured I could BBT chart and BAM, we would be pregnant! Not so much..........so here I am in the middle of my 2nd cycle and feeling bad about feeling bad it's been 2 cycles already (I know there are so many other women who have been trying for 1+ years).

Anyway, I just wanted to put it out there and tell my story. I really hope this is THE month but I'm a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason. I'm going to try to just have fun practicing with my hubby and I will get pregnant when I'm supposed to

February 11th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Thanks for joining us and GL

If you have questions, most of the ladies here are real good at answering them.

Are you temping or checking CM to see when you ovulate?

Thanks for starting a journal.

February 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isn't it crazy how everyone starts asking about a baby the second you get married? After i got married literally the next time i saw my family my sisters were asking when i was going to make them an Aunt!

I hope you get pregant quickly but don't be too discouraged if you don't! You're still just starting out and it takes most people about six months from what i've heard. (I know it's hard to wait though!) Good luck!!

Krista

February 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Are you temping or checking CM to see when you ovulate?[/b]
??? Also, are you charting your temps? You will find that alone to be a HUGE help instead of pretty much just being in the dark about when you o because most girls dont o on CD14 that is a huge misconception! Good Luck!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 12th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yes I chart but not on FF. I use mymonthlycycles.com. Here is a link to my chart so you guys can see.

http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/viewb....jsp?id=66c0e7

I haven't figured out how to put it in my siggy yet

February 12th, 2009, 09:59 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey,
I'v seen you on here lately, and never officially said HI...HI!!
can't wait to read about your journey...
I'm a planner also, and I know what you mean - it is so hard to have something like this where we literally cant have control over...its driving me crazy!!
February 13th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I see on your chart that youve been having some ewcm!! I hope you o soon!!! Good Luck!!
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I used mymonthlycycles.com for a long time before i started trying. I like FF better now though! Good luck Oing!

February 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hey,
I'v seen you on here lately, and never officially said HI...HI!!
can't wait to read about your journey...
I'm a planner also, and I know what you mean - it is so hard to have something like this where we literally cant have control over...its driving me crazy!![/b]
Thanks Tonya....Hi to you too I've seen you on lately to and never got the chance to officially say hi!

February 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD19:

So, I just found out that my co-worker is pregnant! AGH!! seriously, she wasn't even trying. In fact, she just had a baby less than a year ago. I didn't want to be pregnant anywhere near her time because we are both in that managerial level so it would be devestating to the office if we are both out. After I had that silent freak out in my head, she told me that she's already 10 weeks along. So, if I'm pregnant this month there may only be 1 week that no one is in the office to make decisions. She'll be at the end of her maternity leave then so she can come in/call in to answer questions.

I feel better now that I know she's further along. But, she's also a really cute pregnant person and I don't want to feel like I'm competing with her (I'm so petrified I'm going to gain 60lbs!!) I have no reason to think I would since my mom only gained 16-23 lbs with each of her pregnancies and my sister only gained 11lbs with her baby. They say you mimic your mother's pregnacies and labors so I'm sure I'll be fine! (having said that, she didn't have hardly any morning sickness and her water never broke....crossing my fingers!)

*sigh* Thank god it's Friday and I have tomorrow to look foward to! I hope I wake up with a spike temp tomorrow and then I can relax....well, at least for the next week or so until I get that "itch" to POAS!

February 13th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Veteran
Quote:
CD19:

So, I just found out that my co-worker is pregnant! AGH!! seriously, she wasn't even trying. In fact, she just had a baby less than a year ago. I didn't want to be pregnant anywhere near her time because we are both in that managerial level so it would be devestating to the office if we are both out. After I had that silent freak out in my head, she told me that she's already 10 weeks along. So, if I'm pregnant this month there may only be 1 week that no one is in the office to make decisions. She'll be at the end of her maternity leave then so she can come in/call in to answer questions.

I feel better now that I know she's further along. But, she's also a really cute pregnant person and I don't want to feel like I'm competing with her (I'm so petrified I'm going to gain 60lbs!!) I have no reason to think I would since my mom only gained 16-23 lbs with each of her pregnancies and my sister only gained 11lbs with her baby. They say you mimic your mother's pregnacies and labors so I'm sure I'll be fine! (having said that, she didn't have hardly any morning sickness and her water never broke....crossing my fingers!)

*sigh* Thank god it's Friday and I have tomorrow to look foward to! I hope I wake up with a spike temp tomorrow and then I can relax....well, at least for the next week or so until I get that "itch" to POAS![/b]

I'm in the same boat! And, it's sooo hard to stay positive for your friends when your secretly INCREDIBLY jealous of them. I just try to remember that my time will come and keep my head up! Good luck and I hope you get you this month!!

February 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ehh it is always bittersweet when you find out someone else is pg. You're happy for them but sad for you. Luckily if you get pg soon, you both shouldn't be out at the same time!!! Don't try and compare yourself to anyone else. I think ALL pg women are cute!!! and you'll be cute too!! I hope you get that temp spike tomorrw!!
February 15th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 21:
I woke up this morning to a spike in my temp of 97.8, up from 97.5. I hope this stays up and means I ovulated on Vday!! I had one time EWCM but then it was almost dry for the rest of the day yesterday. Who knows! I stoped OPK because 1) I ran out (haha) and 2) I never got a line. I either got a bad batch of them or I am one of those women who never gets a reading.

I have an open house for my house today. Wish me luck!!

Note:
My nips are super sore today! I've never had that before.
Also have had lower back pain (mild, more like achy) for the past week on and off.
Super fatigued (can't keep my eyes open past 9pm)

February 15th, 2009, 05:13 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gone through 70 OPKs and have never gotten a positive, on the day before I think I Oed, I had a close to positive - about 70% as dark as the test line - and a few hours before and a few hours later it was back to almost nothing...

There is a consumers report that says that they dont work for everyone:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/27/...ain538075.shtml

Quote:
In the end, the ClearPlan Easy Ovulation Test Pack ($30.32/5 tests) won, with a
borderline "Very Good/Excellent" overall rating (it received an "excellent" for
LH sensitivity and was easier to read than most others, but again, it will not
detect the LH surge of approximately 12percent of women).The Answer Quick &
Simple One-Step Ovulation Test ($16.89/5 tests) was at the bottom of the list,
with an overall rating of "Poor" (the only test that received a "poor" for LH
sensitivity, and without a protective cap, it can be messy to use).[/b]
February 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM
It's true, they don't work for everyone and I'm not sure why?! But I am sending you lots of O dust!!! KUP!!
February 16th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 22:
Thanks for the report! It was really helpful. I ordered mine off www.early-pregnancy-tests.com so I think before I give up complete hope, I'll buy the ClearPlan Easy Ovulation Test Pack and try those.

My temp went down this morning to 97.53 . I honestly think I'm not going to Ovulate this month. My longest ever cycle was 34 days. That's 12 days from now. I mean I guess I could still ovulate but the chances are slim. I'm over it at this point and just want to finish out this cycle so I can start fresh with a new one.

February 16th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I'm sorry Lyz For whatever reason, our bodies are mean to us when we're TTC!! I hope this cycle is over soon so you can start the next one!!! Good luck!
February 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry Lyz For whatever reason, our bodies are mean to us when we're TTC!! I hope this cycle is over soon so you can start the next one!!! Good luck![/b]
For some reason, our bodies decide to just really SUCK when we decide we want to ttc!!! I hope you either o very soon, or you get AF so that you can get this stinkin cycle over with and start fresh!!! Good Luck!

February 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
chloe2005's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
CD19:

*sigh* Thank god it's Friday and I have tomorrow to look foward to! I hope I wake up with a spike temp tomorrow and then I can relax....well, at least for the next week or so until I get that "itch" to POAS![/b]
I have so many friends/aquaintances who get pregnant without even trying, and they always seem so nonchalant about it...like..."oh by the way, I'm pregnant." Don't worry about being out at the same time...everything will work out.
February 16th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I hope you O soon!! Sending you some O dust!

Don't compare yourself to other people. Everyone is different when they're pregnant. Some of it is genetics but i think a lot of it is how healthy you are, like how you eat, etc. while you're pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search