Lisa's First Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Veteran
I figured I would start a journal because everytime I think about starting a new topic on the boards I end up writing a book and then not posting it because I think it's too long winded.

Let me start by saying my name is Lisa, and my DBF is Chris. I am 24 and he is 38, so we have a big age difference obviously. My father did not approve of our relationship from the get-go and has basically said that he doesn't look forward to me having a baby with him. I don't feel like I have a lot of TTC family support, that's why I like the idea of a forum like this.

We had been NTNP for a couple of months, and about 3 months ago I was convinced I was PG. I had all of the symptoms but when I tested it was a BFN and I ended up getting AF a few days later. That experience kicked me into high gear and we decided to actively TTC starting in 2009. My first cycle in Jan was a bust because I was sick and had to go for a lot of tests including a cat scan of my stomach. I never found out what was wrong with me (I saw 4 different doctors in the span of a month and a half) and all of the tests came back fine. Supposedly I might have IBS and that's why I have constant bloating and random abdominal pains. Which brings me to now.

This is my 1st cycle of actively TTC#1! I have been eating healthier, I gave up coffee and switched to drinking Orange juice with folic acid in it, and I have been attempting to chart my BBT and all of that stuff.
Right now I am waiting to O and it should be happening any day now so I plan on BD'ing today and again on Thursday. No bd'ing tomorrow- I have a dentist app. and I want to avoid any action because of the X-rays.
I am paranoid when it comes to that stuff. I really hope that my tendency to stress doesn't affect my O date this cycle!

Last edited by Lisaswg22; September 10th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
February 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Welcome and good luck TTC....

Any questions and there are lots of people to help. I have found my journal has helped me.

February 11th, 2009, 10:27 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I'm sorry you don't have the support from you family. That must be really hard. I hope you get pregnant quickly!

February 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looking forward to following your journal - hope your stay here is short
February 11th, 2009, 12:24 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck in your ttc journey, I hope you get that bfp soon!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 11th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board and Congrats!!!! I know it must be hard not having your family backing you but I pray that once you are pregant they will learn to accept your decision. There is a great big group here of some of the most supportive women you'll ever meet!!! Good luck to you!!!!
February 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Veteran
Thanks for all of your kind comments. I hope my family does come around eventually, but if not I'm starting my own family anyway. That's how I like to think about it.

Here's an update. I went to my dentist app. today and got x-rays up the wazoo. I'm glad to have it over with, and they did cover me with one of those shields from the neck down cause I told them I'm not pregnant yet but I am trying. Here's my new problem. The dentist tells me I need some fillings and it might be wise to see a surgeon about my wisdom teeth getting extracted. She said I should get the fillings done before getting PG because they will not do anything unless it is necessary once I am PG. I told her it may be too late since I DTD yesterday, but if I am not PG this cycle I will get the dental work done right away. All of my appointments are for AFTER I test this cycle...so I let them know I might be calling up and canceling them all

Always something to stress over.
February 12th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Hoping you have to cancel your appointments.

GL how are you feeling about this cycle so far?

February 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Hoping you have to cancel your appointments.

GL how are you feeling about this cycle so far?[/b]
I'm not sure how I feel about this cycle so far. I am O'ing right now or about to (I'm assuming because I have my usual pain.) Meanwhile it is days later than I expected. I guess because I was waiting for it to come, it decided to be difficult. So now my BD timing is off. I don't get many chances to BD because of the hours I work, and my BF works. I'm hoping that if I BD tomorrow morning it will be good enough to catch the eggie, or maybe some of his sperm have survived from last time. That's what I am hoping for right now.
February 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Veteran
That must be really hard not having the family support. I'm sorry!! Keep your chin up and think positive though, and always know that we are all always here for you!! Good luck on that

February 16th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Waiting really sucks! We can all relate. I hope time goes by quickly and you see a BFP so you can cancel those appointments you made!!

February 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well your chart is looking good so far!! I hope those temps stay up and you get a BFP!!!
February 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Veteran
Waiting is definitely the worst part of TTC!

UPDATE: FF says I O'ed on the 13th. I had O pains that night but it was around midnight and ALL day the 14th so I just assumed that it actually happened on the 14th. I don't know what to hope for, because I feel like my BDing is off either way. If I would have just O'ed on the 12th like I was supposed to I would feel sooo much better now. I will be blaming my ovaries if I get a BFN this cycle.

I'm also reading into every little symptom I get. Yesterday I had some mild cramps on my right side, but I doubt that it means anything this early. I have been a bit fatigued too.

My best friend of 10 years if PG, and I have been "baby talking" with her. My friend at work is TTC her first with medical assistance and I have been "TTC talking" with her. All of this is making me crazy obsessed with TTC. I can see it is wearing thin on my DBF. I hope it doesn't affect our relationship if I start POAS every other day. I feel the urge coming on!
February 17th, 2009, 11:08 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completely understand about ttc taking so much energy and the urge to POAS even when it is way to early to get a BFP! Hope your temps stay up and you have to cancel those appointments!

February 19th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Your chart looks good. Hopefully your temps stay up. Waiting is definately the worst. Doesn't it seem that once you start TTC, EVERYONE is TTC or talking about TTC or are PG? lol

February 21st, 2009, 10:36 PM
Veteran
Yes, once you start TTC everyone seems to be in the same boat somehow.

UPDATE: I have been feeling nauseous the past two days. I hope it is not IPS but I do have a very powerful mind when it comes to things like that. I always start feeling every predicted side effect when I take any medications and I can't even use tampons because of the sudden toxic shock symptoms that hit me. I bet a lot of that has to do with mind over body. I just hope that's not the case now. I already have IBS I don't need IPS.

Also, I plan on testing Tuesday. I was gonna try to wait until Thursday but I don't think I'll make it that long!
February 22nd, 2009, 12:59 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope those symptoms are the real deal. Good luck!

February 22nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get your BFP soon! I'll be anxiously awaiting your news

February 23rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GL on a !!!

February 23rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Good luck when you test!! I hope it's a !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search