Christa's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies, I figured I'd start posting in this forum rather then the other that I was in since there seems to be WAY more action going on in here. So, I'll just repost my first post.

So, I'll start off by telling about myself.
I'm Christa(22) and I'm married to Erik(27). Been married since May of 2007 and have been TTC #1 since then. Hasn't been such an easy road, obviously that's why I came here and am now totally addicted!! I got AF when I was 16. However, I never actually had her for more then 2 consecutive months. When I was younger it was great! But now that I'm married and want a baby, it's not so great. We tried for 13 months, hoping maybe I'd O and get something to stick. Anyways, needless to say that didn't work so great. Finally 14 months of trying I went to the doc only to find out have a thyroid problem and they thought that was possibly the reason I wasn't having a period. So, 5 months on the thyroid pill, still no period. My doc then put my on BC to see if I could get a period on that...well, I did. So that was at least good. After that they did the internal ultrasound to check my ovaries..Clear! After the was the Hysterosal pingogram to check for blocked tubes...CLEAR! Next step was to go on the period inducing pills(not provera, but something like it and I can't remember the name of it at the moment). Took the pills, got my period and then started my first round of chlomid(50mg). Hubby and I had a planned hunting trip and we were going to be gone for a month. Silly me, went off and forgot my thyroid pills. Needless to say, I was without them for the whole month.. opps! So, went on with the chlomid, dtd, and was feeling pretty confident. The next month when AF was due, there was nothing, no signs at all. So I tested...BFN. ######! After that we ended up moving east and I had to try and find a new doc. Closest one to me that was accepting new patients was 45 miles away. Alright, fine..I have no problem driving that far IF I like the doc. Well, long story short, I told him that I hadn't been taking the thyroid meds, but had been doing the chlomid. I guess I didn't realize how important the pills were( call me stupid, but I am SO bad at remembering pills). He basically told me that by not taking the thyroid meds I was canceling out the chlomid and that could be a big reason chlomid didn't work. Not only did he tell me that, but he basically yelled at me while telling me this. Mind you, this was my first time ever meeting the man. He then decided he wanted me to go on BC due to me not being on my pills constantly, he didn't want me to get prego with my stupid thyrpid probs. So, I didn't go on the BC, and I didn't go back to him. I don't feel I should be driving an hour to see a doctor that is going to yell at me, especially since this was my very first visit. So, I took a break from docs for a few months and was finally able to get in and see a doc right here in my town. My neighbor is a nurse in L&D at the hospital and recommend him to me and told me I would love him. Holy smokes, thank goodness she told me about him, he's SO nice, kinda, personable and down to earth..unlike the other jerk! ANYWAY, so I went it and saw him today and he's decided that he think I have some sort of form of PCOS, maybe not full blown PCOS because all my levels didn't quite match up, but somewhere, something is wrong and this was his assumption. Sooo, I get to start provera tomorrow and get a period in the works..then I'll start chlomid!!!!!! YAAAAY!! I am SO excited and feel more confident then before! I'm crossing my fingers this all goes well. Now I just need to remember my darn thyroid pills and I'll be good!

Sorry this got sorta long.

**UPDATE** Finished my last pill of provera yesterday and am now waiting around for that ol' AF to show her ugly face, then I will start my chlomid on day 3.And, I haven't missed 1 day of my meds..which is amazing! (-:

February 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to welcome you here...am so glad that you found a dr that listens to you!
Hope that it works out well, and am looking forward to reading all about it!
February 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Just wanted to welcome you here...am so glad that you found a dr that listens to you!
Hope that it works out well, and am looking forward to reading all about it![/b]

Thank you!!!

February 11th, 2009, 10:48 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! There's not too many Kristas (or Christa) around here!

It sounds like you've been through a lot! I'm glad you found a good doctor and hope this next cycle results in a !!

February 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Hi and welcome! There's not too many Kristas (or Christa) around here!

It sounds like you've been through a lot! I'm glad you found a good doctor and hope this next cycle results in a !![/b]
I noticed! You and I are one of the few!!

It has been a long road and I hope I'll be getting to the end soon...in the mean time...good luck to you on getting your

February 12th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Veteran
Well, my temp dipped this morning and I've had a little tiny bit of spotting so far, along with some mild cramps. I guess that means the ol will possibly be here sooner then I expected. YAY! (ha, I never thought I'd say YAY about AF showing her face!!)

February 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, again!! I'm glad you joined us!! I'm sorry you've been struggling, but I really hope you get your SOON!!!! I look forward to following your journey!!
February 12th, 2009, 09:55 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!! First of all Welcome!!! You have had quite the journey so far!! Im so glad that you found a great doctor after that other one yelled at you! I know all about mean doctors, I am in the process of trying to find a new one!!! I really hope that things workout for you soon, and im glad that you havent forgotten to take any of your meds!!!! Good Luck!!!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Wow!! First of all Welcome!!! You have had quite the journey so far!! Im so glad that you found a great doctor after that other one yelled at you! I know all about mean doctors, I am in the process of trying to find a new one!!! I really hope that things workout for you soon, and im glad that you havent forgotten to take any of your meds!!!! Good Luck!!!!![/b]
Thanks ladies!

Ashley, I LOVE your siggy!!! Pink and brown are THE best!!!! :biggrin: Can't wait until I can get one!

February 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks!! I LOVE pink and brown too! Im trying to talk my SO into changing our bedroom to pink and brown instead of teal and brown but I dont think he's having it! lol
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 12th, 2009, 10:39 AM
ha ha. Yea getting a guy to agree with pink in the bedroom might be a little difficult Ashley!

February 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Veteran
Quote:
ha ha. Yea getting a guy to agree with pink in the bedroom might be a little difficult Ashley! [/b]
Haha, that's funny! My husband would never go for it. We're pretty outdoorsy people...so our bedroom has a cabin feeling, log bed, camo bedding, etc. Can you imagine the look on his face if he came home to a pink and brown room. Ohhh, I'd be dead! LOL

February 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Quote:
ha ha. Yea getting a guy to agree with pink in the bedroom might be a little difficult Ashley! [/b]
Haha, that's funny! My husband would never go for it. We're pretty outdoorsy people...so our bedroom has a cabin feeling, log bed, camo bedding, etc. Can you imagine the look on his face if he came home to a pink and brown room. Ohhh, I'd be dead! LOL
[/b]
Oh gosh that would be priceless!

February 12th, 2009, 12:56 PM

February 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Christa!! Good luck with a soon!!

Sorry that you have gone through a lot already!!

February 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Welcome Christa!! Good luck with a soon!!

Sorry that you have gone through a lot already!![/b]

Thanks Elissa,
There have been a few minor bumps in our road, but always just have to remember that it could be waaay worse!! Good luck to you as well!

February 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad AF showed her face, and you can get on to your new cycle
February 13th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Veteran
I need to go buy an OPK in the next few days...anyone have any recommendations as for what brand to buy??

February 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Quote:
I need to go buy an OPK in the next few days...anyone have any recommendations as for what brand to buy??[/b]
Sorry but i've never bought any so i'm no help!

February 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Veteran
I'd just like to note in this little journal of mine that making up for 6 1/2 months of no AF, is totally misserable. Though I will admitt it doesn't even come CLOSE to when I went 17 months with no AF. Ugh. She'll be over soon enough and in the mean time...I'm taking my midol and curling up on the couch to go dream about babies!!! (LOL)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search