~Tamra's Journal~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Regular
First of all, I'm so glad to have found this site. Once the baby bug has bitten you, it's hard not to talk about it. My DH is wonderful in listening to my excitement of TTC, but it's great to have this site. I don't want to bore the poor guy!

DH and I met on a blind date a little over 2 years ago. Everything else just fell into place. We married in Hawaii last June. He is military so we will move every 4 years or so for his job. I have a degree in music education, but I work at a child development center. I am a caregiver/teacher to 12-24 month olds. The job is so rewarding, and that age is just so much fun!

As far as the "scientific" side of TTC, I do not plan on using charts, temping, etc. My cycle is very regular, and no abnormalities with my yearly OB/GYN visit. I guess the only thing is that I have is a tipped/tilted uterus. Hopefully that's not an issue. I am taking pre-natal vitamins, eating healthy, etc. Now, as soon as AF leaves (I'm on CD 3), all that will be left is the FUN part. And LOTS of it! I am patient and knowing that this process could take quite a while.

I am so thankful this is here to record symptoms, and to share experiences with women who are going through the same things. Feel free to comment!

February 22nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Veteran
Quote:
First of all, I'm so glad to have found this site. Once the baby bug has bitten you, it's hard not to talk about it. My DH is wonderful in listening to my excitement of TTC, but it's great to have this site. I don't want to bore the poor guy!

DH and I met on a blind date a little over 2 years ago. Everything else just fell into place. We married in Hawaii last June. He is military so we will move every 4 years or so for his job. I have a degree in music education, but I work at a child development center. I am a caregiver/teacher to 12-24 month olds. The job is so rewarding, and that age is just so much fun!

As far as the "scientific" side of TTC, I do not plan on using charts, temping, etc. My cycle is very regular, and no abnormalities with my yearly OB/GYN visit. I guess the only thing is that I have is a tipped/tilted uterus. Hopefully that's not an issue. I am taking pre-natal vitamins, eating healthy, etc. Now, as soon as AF leaves (I'm on CD 3), all that will be left is the FUN part. And LOTS of it! I am patient and knowing that this process could take quite a while.

I am so thankful this is here to record symptoms, and to share experiences with women who are going through the same things. Feel free to comment![/b]

Welcome to JM! Hope your stay isn't long and you get your soon!!!

February 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Regular
Thanks Christa!
February 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! Hope you have a quick stay at TTC#1 and that you get your soon!

February 23rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
chloe2005's Avatar Super Mommy
I just wanted to say welcome! Good luck...it seems like you have a great attitude about it!
February 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!! I hope you get your quickly!

February 23rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Regular
Thanks ladies! Hopefully it does happen quickly...but sometimes you just never know when. All apart of being a woman, and all the excitement.
February 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Regular
So now I'm at CD 5. Apparently, I was off on my first journal post. I was actually CD 4! AF is lingering...almost gone!

I absolutely love looking at names. As sad as this is, I already have names picked out for a girl or a boy. Hopefully DH will agree! ha! I love the name Katelyn Rose for a girl. Over the years, I've had some GREAT friends with the name Katie. The name Katie is okay, but Katelyn is better. Rose is my favorite flower, and also DH's grandma's name is Rosemary. For a boy, I really like Darren Michael. I just like Darren, no specific reason. Michael is my dad's name. I'm sure it will change, but those names are at the top right now, haha!

My name was picked by my dad. He saw it on a mailbox (of all places!) My mom wanted my name to be Megan, but it was dad's turn to pick. Well, my mom filled out the birth certificate information (I guess my dad was not there to correct her spelling!) She ended up spelling my name as "Tamra." My dad evidently wanted "Tamara." So, that's how my name got to be "Tamra." My dad still jokes around and says "TAMARA." I always reply, "Dad, it's TamRA!"

Anyway, that is my rant about names.
February 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Veteran
Quote:
So now I'm at CD 5. Apparently, I was off on my first journal post. I was actually CD 4! AF is lingering...almost gone!

I absolutely love looking at names. As sad as this is, I already have names picked out for a girl or a boy. Hopefully DH will agree! ha! I love the name Katelyn Rose for a girl. Over the years, I've had some GREAT friends with the name Katie. The name Katie is okay, but Katelyn is better. Rose is my favorite flower, and also DH's grandma's name is Rosemary. For a boy, I really like Darren Michael. I just like Darren, no specific reason. Michael is my dad's name. I'm sure it will change, but those names are at the top right now, haha!

My name was picked by my dad. He saw it on a mailbox (of all places!) My mom wanted my name to be Megan, but it was dad's turn to pick. Well, my mom filled out the birth certificate information (I guess my dad was not there to correct her spelling!) She ended up spelling my name as "Tamra." My dad evidently wanted "Tamara." So, that's how my name got to be "Tamra." My dad still jokes around and says "TAMARA." I always reply, "Dad, it's TamRA!"

Anyway, that is my rant about names.[/b]

Do you ever watch Real Housewives of Orange County?!

February 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Regular
No, I have never seen it....why?
February 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Veteran
Quote:
No, I have never seen it....why?[/b]
Oh darn! Hhaha, funny ladies on that show. One of the girls name in Tamra..Long story though, you'd have to see the episode to laugh. Lol

February 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Regular
Today I am at CD 9. There have been no symptoms of ovulation, so we'll see when that does happen. I've been doing more research on trying to conceive with a tipped uterus. I guess in the past there were myths that it was more difficult to have a baby. Now, they say that it causes no fertility problems. It is genetic in my family, and there is no Endometriosis. My sisters and mother had no problem having kids, so hopefully I can do the same.

I have been just looking ahead and figuring out a baby budget. Luckily, with my husband in the military, all medical is covered. Cloth diapering seems to be a better and cheaper option. Working in a daycare, I see that disposables are not good at all for the babys' skin. Plus, being changed every 2 hours (if even that), you're going through so much garbage, and money. Also, all the chemicals in the baby wipes are not healthy, and really don't really help in cleaning up anyway (also wasteful). It seems that cloth wipes and warm water is much better for their skin. I would rather do laundry more often than think about thousands of diapers in the landfill, and money wasted.

On another note, I am trying to figure out the point of getting a stroller. I rarely see parents actually using them. Wouldn't a baby carrier be much more economical, and more enjoyable for the baby? Plus as newborns, you use your car seat to carry them from the car to daycare, the store, etc. A stroller will not be on my "must-have" list. Also, a high chair is not necessary. A booster with tray seat that fits in our dining room chairs will do, once the baby is 6 months. Also, expensive toys are never necessary. Of all the toys my kids in daycare have, they mostly play with boxes, books, puzzles, old juice containers, plastic bottles filled with colored water and glitter, bubbles, sand, water, and play dough. All of these require little to no money. I can't believe how many toys people buy their kids. They have way more fun with the toys that require imagination.

I guess the big buck items would be the crib, car seat, bottles (glass ones, plastic have way too many chemicals), and the formula and food once I've stopped breastfeeding. Clothing is also an expense, but not at second hand stores. They are rarely worn more than twice, since they grow so fast. Also, a diaper bag isn't necessary. A backpack (which I have already) is better, in my opinion.

Well, that is my rant for today.

March 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You need to come back and update, you havent for awhile!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 2nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you O soon!!

As for the other stuff, it sounds like you have some good ideas. I LOVE second hand stores!! Although i can guarantee i'll be getting a diaper bag, high chair, and stroller. While i think a carrier will be nice, i guarantee i won't want to use it ALL the time and i'd want a stroller on occasions too! But everyone is different!! There's really no right or wrong way to do it IMO.

March 3rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Regular
Quote:
I hope you O soon!!

As for the other stuff, it sounds like you have some good ideas. I LOVE second hand stores!! Although i can guarantee i'll be getting a diaper bag, high chair, and stroller. While i think a carrier will be nice, i guarantee i won't want to use it ALL the time and i'd want a stroller on occasions too! But everyone is different!! There's really no right or wrong way to do it IMO.[/b]

Yeah, while I'm trying to be practical right now, I will probably be buying all of those things too!! hahaha!
March 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Regular
Well, I'm at CD 12 now. My curiosity got the best of me a few days ago. I caved and bought a pack of OPKs. I know it has been early, I've tested since Sunday to see what they are all about. No Oing yet! I think it will happen on Saturday. Otherwise, I'm just a late Oer. This week it's all about BDing, woohoo!

Hubby is going to be gone next week for work. ugh! Hopefully my body doesn't decide to O then! If that happens, oh well! This week has felt extremely long already, and it's only Tuesday. I hate it when weeks feel like that. At least spring is getting closer! Now it's time to catch up on the celebrity gossip....yeah, I know...it's a bad and awful habit!! :-)

BFP DUST TO ALL TESTING THIS WEEK!

March 4th, 2009, 06:48 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you O soon!

Good luck on catching that eggie!!!

March 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Regular
CD 13

What a busy day! Work was very busy as usual...when are 1-2 year olds NOT busy??? Tonight I've been planning my best friend's bachelorette party...which isn't until May. We are doing a whole over night thing at a nice hotel and going out of course! I just had to get reservations early to get the cheapest price on room rates and all. It's going to be SOOOO fun. Also, I might be going with my husband to Pheonix next week. I really don't think I will get the time off, but hopefully I am lucky. It would be so nice to go...we haven't been away for awhile. We'll see tomorrow.

No sign of O yet......time to watch my nightly "Sex and the City" re-run...

March 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Regular
CD 17
So, to start out the journal entry, I have to say that using OPK's sucks. WASTE OF MONEY. Oh well, at least I tried something new. My body is telling me that I'm ovulating today. I've had some twinges in my lower left abdomen throughout the day and CM, which is nothing new. Nothing painful, just feels like something is going on down there! There has been plenty of BDing going on, and we leave for Phoenix tomorrow! Woo! There will be plenty of BDing going on there too, I'm sure. That's all for now......HAPPY O DAY!
March 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Regular
CD 19

I've had a dull ache in my lower abdomen throughout the day today. Could I be ovulating TODAY? Or, something else? All I know is that it's the ache that makes me feel like AF is coming...but she's not due to show for another 2 weeks. I've never had this ache before in the middle of my cycle that would last this long. I have no other symptoms...boobs are sensitive but nothing out of the ordinary. I got a bit pimple on my cheek, which is rare too! CM is also moderate...I definitely don't want to over-analyze things, so we'll see what happens!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search