Andrea's TTC Journal!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I thought today would be a GREAT day to start a journal. (I was 3 days late ANXIOUSLY hoping AF would stay away, BUT this morning she started.) I'm Andrea and am so happy to be here with such wonderful, strong, amazing women. I've read so many of your stories and have much admiration for you! For those of you who have conceived I am so very happy for you!!!!! I can't even imagine how you feel when you see a positive pregnancy test!!! I am SO excited to experience that feeling!!!! And for those of you (including myself) who have not yet conceived, we too will have our chances and I can't wait to learn and help others along the way! I am 24 (almost 25) and am very happily married to Bo (the most wonderful man I know) Although I have been off the pill for the past 3 years, we've been NT/NP since December. My cycles are always between 24-28 days with the exception of 2 cycles (including this last one) where it was a 31 day cycle. I've never charted my BBT or used OPK's, but am starting this month. I actually took my temp this am (before my period came) and it had dropped significantly from yesterday. I knew then already that my period was coming. Amazing how much you can learn from a single temp. So today is day 1 of my cycle and my BBT was 97.09 this am. That's all for now

I Started a Pregnancy Journal!!!!! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...y-journal.html

Last edited by *Mommy2Camden*; May 14th, 2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: spelling :p
March 7th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Veteran
Welcome to JM!

March 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! Good luck with this cycle! I hope you get your BFP soon and your journal is a short one

March 7th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Thank you ladies!!!!! I'm DEFINETELY not a Feng Shui freak or anything BUT I don't think it will hurt to create a fertility corner in our house! Here are some things I've learned about creating positive, fertility energy in the home...Do not vaccum,sweep or stir up any dust under your bed. Under the bed should not be open and not cluttered so energy can flow around the entire bed. Don't do any home renovations while TTC including major/minor projects. Don't hammer nails into the home, and make sure your front door isn't blocked by anything. This includes plants that could hang infront of it. Elephants, storks, and rabbits are all symbols of fertility. You can place statues in your home (specifically in your fertility corner if you create one) Buy an item for your someday baby to be. You must give each item the intention of being for "the baby that's already on it's way" Strongly visualize using these items on the baby. If these items remind you only of what you want but can't yet have, it will only SLOW the process of conceiving. Being positive throughout the whole process is key.
March 7th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Veteran
Well I'm out...we just used nails to hang a mirror up last night! whoops.

March 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
It's funny because before I read ANY of this Feng Shui stuff, I completely moved our bed and was vacuming like a crazy woman. That's a big "no, no" in the book LOL. Oops....No more under the bed vaccuming until I have a big pregnant belly....

March 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Welcome...hope you get a soon

March 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by *BabyHopes16* View Post
It's funny because before I read ANY of this Feng Shui stuff, I completely moved our bed and was vacuming like a crazy woman. That's a big "no, no" in the book LOL. Oops....No more under the bed vaccuming until I have a big pregnant belly....

Lol, I'll have to remember not to vacum under the bed anymore too! By the way, your siggy pictures are way cute! I love the picture under water with you guys still in your wedding attire!

March 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Hope the Feng Shui works for you!

March 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM

According to "Feng Shui," my fertility corner is actually called the "Creativity & Children" section of our home. (I will call it the fertility corner though hehe)When you first begin Feng Shui (as I am) you choose an area of your life that is most important to you 1st. For us, having a baby is the most IMPORTANT thing to us so that's where I started. Here is my fertility corner I have metal chime balls, elephants, (a pregnant elephant actually hehe) smoky quartz, rose quartz, garnet, moonstone, a crystal, my fertility statue, the Beauty & the Beast Picture, and the baby book. Each item has a different representation. I gathered info. from several fertility books and created this corner
For anyone who's interested here are the meanings:

Metal Chime Balls-Round, bells, metal=All are VERY good for this corner.

Art(Beauty & The Beast Picture-Flat, & Square mean "earth" in Feng Shui. Great for this corner. Pick something you love to be the symbol of your imagination and something that brings back a happy memory in your childhood. The "Plan to Get Pregnant book" is another "square" item that is full of healthy information on fertility.

Light-Lights are great for this corner. They represent "bright ideas" (Just make sure they are in working order)

Elephants-Have been a fertility symbol for thousands of years. Especially if you want to conceive a boy. (we have no preference, but had the PERFECT elephant statue from India) It's the wooden elephant and she's pregnant! The baby elephant is carved inside of her. (Sorry can't see it in the pic)

Rock Crystal-Ideal stone for meditation

Quartz-Stimulates circulation in the body and thus increases sexuality & fertility

Moonstone-Promotes a natural, strong, hormonal balance in women, promotes fertility, and ensures an easy pregnancy & delivery.

Smoky Quartz-Stimulates fertility by activating the production of sexual glands.

Garnet-Has an engergizing effect on one's sex life.

Fertility Statue-It's wonderful to put a spiritual/religious object in the room that can be seen from the bed.

*Baby Book*-I found this book at the Bookstore and felt it was the perfect 1st item for my future baby. I will tell him/her ALL about this someday. *sigh* Affirm your desire! Enhance this section for things for the new baby. You MUST give each item the intention of being for "the baby that's already on it's way." If the items only remind you of what you want but can't have, it will only slow the process even more. Don't be Negative!!!! Say something like "My seemingly impossible wish now comes to pass, and the unexpected now happens. Thank you for the gift of creating the new life within."

March 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Tonight is CD6 (I am going to take my 1st OPK tomorrow!!!!) I had a 24 day cycle in January, so I don't want to miss my surge! I have a feeling I could be going through a lot of tests lol. Oh well, it's my 1st month of charting, and OPK's so I guess it can be expected. I am also shocked at how quickly my fertility statue and pre-seed arrived. It was like the Universe "speed shipped them" so we would have them in time for this cycle! Pre-seed is awesome! We BD tonight and will be from here on out. This may sound silly but, tonight was our first official "baby making sex" we've had. I mean last month we weren't trying to stop anything, but this month we're actually TRYING to make it happen!!!! I've waited my WHOLE life for this !!!!!

March 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!! That is so cute...I LOVE it!!

Enjoy the BD - hope that O comes soon too
March 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks SO much! I hope so too!!!

March 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
hope you get your soon!!!

March 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just noticed you have a journal Yet another one to stalk, lol! How'd your first OPK experience go!?
March 13th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I actually made it till 3:00pm! YAY! My 1st one was negative (which I expected, but didn't want to miss my surge so I tested ) Thanks for "stalking me" hehe

March 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by *BabyHopes16* View Post

According to "Feng Shui," my fertility corner is actually called the "Creativity & Children" section of our home. (I will call it the fertility corner though hehe)When you first begin Feng Shui (as I am) you choose an area of your life that is most important to you 1st. For us, having a baby is the most IMPORTANT thing to us so that's where I started. Here is my fertility corner I have metal chime balls, elephants, (a pregnant elephant actually hehe) smoky quartz, rose quartz, garnet, moonstone, a crystal, my fertility statue, the Beauty & the Beast Picture, and the baby book. Each item has a different representation. I gathered info. from several fertility books and created this corner
For anyone who's interested here are the meanings:

Metal Chime Balls-Round, bells, metal=All are VERY good for this corner.

Art(Beauty & The Beast Picture-Flat, & Square mean "earth" in Feng Shui. Great for this corner. Pick something you love to be the symbol of your imagination and something that brings back a happy memory in your childhood. The "Plan to Get Pregnant book" is another "square" item that is full of healthy information on fertility.

Light-Lights are great for this corner. They represent "bright ideas" (Just make sure they are in working order)

Elephants-Have been a fertility symbol for thousands of years. Especially if you want to conceive a boy. (we have no preference, but had the PERFECT elephant statue from India) It's the wooden elephant and she's pregnant! The baby elephant is carved inside of her. (Sorry can't see it in the pic)

Rock Crystal-Ideal stone for meditation

Quartz-Stimulates circulation in the body and thus increases sexuality & fertility

Moonstone-Promotes a natural, strong, hormonal balance in women, promotes fertility, and ensures an easy pregnancy & delivery.

Smoky Quartz-Stimulates fertility by activating the production of sexual glands.

Garnet-Has an engergizing effect on one's sex life.

Fertility Statue-It's wonderful to put a spiritual/religious object in the room that can be seen from the bed.

*Baby Book*-I found this book at the Bookstore and felt it was the perfect 1st item for my future baby. I will tell him/her ALL about this someday. *sigh* Affirm your desire! Enhance this section for things for the new baby. You MUST give each item the intention of being for "the baby that's already on it's way." If the items only remind you of what you want but can't have, it will only slow the process even more. Don't be Negative!!!! Say something like "My seemingly impossible wish now comes to pass, and the unexpected now happens. Thank you for the gift of creating the new life within."
I am totally impressed!!

March 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Thank you! I am quite fond of it too! hehe

March 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
MY TTC JOURNEY: UPDATED MONTHLY SO I CAN KEEP TRACK....

Cycle1-Jan=Jan 13th- NT/NP

Cycle2-Feb=Feb 5th- NT/NP

Cycle3-March=March 7th (1st Cycle of TTC!!!!)

Cycle4-April=April 1st 2nd Cycle TTC, 9 Day LP-Taking B6 To Lengthen It! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec-Jan-27 Days
Jan-Feb-23 Days
Feb-March-30 Days
March-April-25 Days
April-April-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Had FSH levels tested on CD3 in March...ALL LEVELS NORMAL!!!
*Had Progesterone tested on CD20 in April (4DPO) ALL LEVELS NORMAL (11.3)!!!

Last edited by *Mommy2Camden*; May 14th, 2009 at 06:19 AM. Reason: updating my info :)
March 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Today is CD10! It will be my 4th day of using OPK's. I went to the spa with my girlfriends yesterday and had such a RELAXING time! It was just what I needed to start out my fertile week. The OPK was light again yesterday...All 3 have been negative so far. I am not due to "O" until about 3/19 or 3/20 I'm assuming, but didn't want to miss the big O so I started on CD7. Bo and I are having SO much fun Baby Dancin' I've waited my whole life to be able to try for a baby, and can't believe the time is HERE! We LOVE Pre-Seed, and are crossing our fingers for a December Baby!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search