Tonya's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2009, 10:37 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I have been putting off doing this because I thought that everything would happen so fast, that I wouldn't need to...but it isn't happening as fast as I planned - and I need the support of all of you (cause you are all awesome!)

I've been around here for 4 months already, so some of you already know my story, but here it is (I think I should warn you ahead of time - I'm very wordy!)...

I met Matt when I was 17...it was the first day of preview week at college, and we were put into the same orientation group. I've always been a guy's girl, and we absolutely hit it off immediately - even though he was incredibly shy (and had never even had a girlfriend). We snuck out one night and found an all night pizza place, he brought his guitar and sang and played as I danced around to Counting Crows in the dorm room after, we played hookie from some of the programs we were supposed to attend so that we could just hang out/play games. His mom even remarked that she couldn't believe that this was her son, because he was so happy around me (and so was I around him). We were there to schedule our classes, and so we scheduled a whole bunch of classes together. We became best of friends, studied together, went out to eat at this little local vegetarian place twice a week...but he never made a move - and I eventually started dating another guy. He dated a girl (who had made a move on him), but we still hung out. Fast forward three years, and we had both broken up with the people we were going out with. I was heading back from the football game, and I saw him and his friend on their bike. His friend explained that he'd just gotten kicked out of his apartment, so I offered him my couch to crash on. And, then they told me to come to their show (they were in a local band) the next night. So, Matt was the singer and wow, umm, I think I have a thing for that...so I was hooked. And, because his friend was living with me, he was over all the time. At this point, I could tell that he really liked me, and eventually we kissed (it took him another 3 weeks to kiss me - but I love that he is shy). That was December 1997.

Well, we were meant to be, that's about all I have to say - we've been going out ever since...
Got engaged on New Years Eve 2000...
Got married in 2002...

By 2003, I wanted kids, but he wasn't quite ready...so, I waited...

Meanwhile, we got involved in triathlons, and decided to do an Ironman (you have to sign up a year in advance)...its pretty hard core, so it took a full year of pretty intense training...that's when my cycles got all messed up...but, it was still a very cool accomplishment!

And, after Ironman - November 2008, we started trying...

When I talked to my mom about having kids, she said - Oh, we did it on the first try...so, I assumed that we would also...

Our first try in November, we just missed the timing (cause I didn't really know what to look for)...
That was a 57 day cycle...our next try came on Christmas Eve (now I knew exactly what to look for), but we couldn't do anything about it cause we were on my parents pull out couch for Christmas...
That was a 45 day cycle...
Our third try was a disaster, because my body (which hadn't been sick since September!!) decided to spike a 102 fever the DAY of O...we DTD anyway, but with a temp that high, I didn't really hold out much hope...
That was a 43 day cycle...

Now, we are on cycle #4, and I'm NOT patient at all...and getting less so by the day...

We are older - I'm 32, he's 33...and want three kids, so I decided to go to the dr to get any results I could. She was wonderful, and said that we could do an HSG and SA now, so that once we got to 6 months we could start looking into help (speciafically since my cycles are so long, it could be keeping us from conceiving)...I'm super analytical, so having numbers really help me a lot...

So, I'm waiting to O for our 4th try (but really only our second to time everything correctly)...

And, I'll keep you all updated as to what happens from here
March 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yayyy for your journal
March 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
yayyy for your journal
March 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Got a bit of a gripe of the day...
So adding it in here (my kids are all taking a test today - can you tell)

We made an offer on a house last Monday, and it got accepted on Tuesday...
On Wednesday, I wanted some love from DH, but he was too nervous about the house/money to want to do it - uhhh...

On Friday, we had the inspection, and found that the roof only has 2-3 years left in it (we are in Fl, and most insurance companies wont even cover you unless the roof has 5 years left) and that the a/c units (there are three of them broken up into zones) only have about 3 years or so per (they are all around 15 years old)...
So, now BOTH of us are stressed about it...

We have 10 days for inspections to still get out of the contract...so we have until Friday (10 days after they accepted our offer)...

Right now, we are saying that we want them to replace the roof, and that we will take our chances on the a/c units...

BUT, Matt is so stressed, he doesn't want to DTD...and so help me, we are NOT missing this month after so many months of circumstances beyond our control...

So, I told the Real estate agent that we were getting pretty nervous about everything...and it stinks cause its a great house...but I'd rather not be stressed (and live in a small place) then be stressed (and have Matt not want to BD!) and live in that really nice place...

I just don't know what to do...

Random thought for the day:
We just watched this movie "The Fifth Element"...the girl in it was pretty cool, so I looked her up on google, and found a song that she did on youtube ca;;ed "gentleman Who Fell", and now I can't get it out of my head...so I'm sitting here watching the kids take a test bopping up and down to this really old weird song! One nice thing is its keeping me from completely stressing about the house AND how that will effect our BD time...so yea for old quirky weird songs
March 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Giiirl, you SO don't look 32, not even close...I totally would have guessed early to mid 20's! I love your siggy!

March 9th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaAnn View Post
Giiirl, you SO don't look 32, not even close...I totally would have guessed early to mid 20's! I love your siggy!
LOL...thanks - well technically, in that pic I'm 31 (its from the summer)
Its pretty funny working at a high school, cause I always think I look really old, cause I'm around 14 year olds all day, then during the summer, I think I dont look that old cause I'm not around 14 year olds all day - then when I get back to school again, I think I look really old again...LOL!!
March 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Veteran
Lol, that's so funny. What subject do you teach?

March 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaAnn View Post
Lol, that's so funny. What subject do you teach?
9th grade Earth and Space Honors...this is my 6th year...
I love the kids, this year's group are the sweetest I've ever had (they even made me a fan club on facebook) - it's really fun and always entertaining!

Last year, I had one class of AP Environmental also, and that was great - cause those kids were brilliant, it blows me away with how smart they were!
March 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Veteran
Lol, a fan club! That's sooo cute! I don't remember being that sweet when I was in high school!

March 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Veteran
ugh, double!

March 9th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Tonya, I'm so happy you finally got a journal...now I can stalk yours too!!!

Hoping Matt gets less stressed...I know what it's like.

March 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy you finally started a journal! I love your new siggy by the way.

March 9th, 2009, 11:57 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for you finally starting a journal!! You know i'll be a stalker. I totally agree that you don't look like you're in your 30s!!

March 10th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Oh geez girls - you are making me blush - thanks!

CD19:
Well, today should be an easy day...kids are taking standardized testing all day, so all I do is watch them...so that's pretty easy...should be able to check out JM a bit because of it
Temped for the second time this cycle (it really does help me wake up on time) and today's temp is super low, never had a temp this low...I'm really wondering if this is from taking all the soy on CD4-8...I know that it is supposed to make my body produce more estrogen, and estrogen is the "cold" hormone...LOL, I feel like my own little science experiment...its pretty cool
March 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I also had a super low temp today, but I think mine could be cause I'm getting ready to O...I also thought maybe it was because of the time change? I wonder if that's messing up our temps...mind you didn't start till after the time change? Hope you have a good day...I used to be a Special Needs Assistant, so I know what it's like the the standardized testing.

March 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say welcome! And you know i can totally relate with the cycles... everyone else had two during my last one! Anywho like everyone else i would have guess you were like, 25!

I just realized i probably sound really hyper with all the exclamation points i use online... its funny i'm about the unhyerest person in the world, lol.

March 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I think I probably sound the opposite of hyper, cause I always use "..."...lol!

Well, we signed the mortgage papers tonight (so that if the contract is agreed to, they can get it out asap), andmy realtor said that the sellers agreed to pay for a new roof for the house...so, as of today (and mind you, this could change at any time), it looks like we will get the house (again)...

Matt is doing his SA (finally) on Thursday - so, we had to "do it" yesterday...then he can't do it again till the day of collection (Thursday)...wouldn't it be my luck if I Oed on Thursday or something...I have signs that it is coming soon...Saturday or Sunday would be PERFECT!!
March 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Congrats on the house, so glad everything worked out! I'm glad he is getting his SA, I know how stressed you were about that. It sounds like things are really looking up for, I'm so happy for you. Hope the results come back good and you catch that eggie!

March 11th, 2009, 05:10 AM
CD20:

Urrr...why did my temp shoot up like that...
Ok, I do everything to look for O signs - usually I have really obvious O signs, and I really don't think that I Oed...but, today's temp is high 97.5 (usually my baseline for O)...
I think its cause my cat woke me up at 5am, and kept playing with me (he likes to purr really loud and put his claws on my neck - lol!) - so I was awake and tossing and turning for a good hour before getting back to sleep - and then only slept for about 30 minutes before my alarm went off...so I'm going to ignore the temp, I think it will go down tomorrow if I actually have uninterrupted sleep (hopefully)...ugh, it was so much less stressful when I wasn't temping

Well, today is the last day of standardized testing, so that should be an easy day at school...then I head an hour south to grab a big lot of dolls...then I head back up here, and we meet with the real estate agent at 8pm to make the addendum to the contract...they have until Friday to accept it, and then we pretty much have the house...
March 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I hope all goes well with the house!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search