My TTC Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I’m Denise and I’m not new to JM – but I am new to posting and TTC – I usually just lurk. Now that my SO and I have decided to TTC our first – I wanted to begin journaling about it.

I am a huge follower of the Law of Attraction –(it’s just a theory that our lives are a direct reflection of our thoughts and emotions…it is similar to the concepts found in book and move - The Secret). Several years ago I put together a vision board (some of you may have seen something similar on Oprah) – and I’ve been so fortunate to see so many of those things on my vision board actually come into my life! Well I’ve decided to add a cute picture of a baby onto my vision board….and we’ll see what happens! Maybe I’ll even add a picture of a BFP!

So this is our first cycle – I’m on CD 10 – and I’m going to pick up some OPK’s today. I actually have some IC's that I used when I first quit taking BCP so I see if my cycles were regulating – but I never could get a positive OPK with the IC’s – but I could if I used the Answer brand OPK….really strange. I currently take evening primrose oil (but I’ll stop after O this month), baby aspirin, prenatal vitamins (I’ve always taken prenatal vitamins) –I read once that if there is even the slightest chance you could become pregnant – even if you are on BCP or using protection – then you should go ahead and take a prenatal) – so since I was taking a daily vitamin anyway – I just made it a prenatal. I'm not sure when I O -- I can't temp because my sleep pattern is always off - and I sleep with my mouth open - which keeps my temps from being correct. Maybe I should get some duct tape and tape my mouth shut for a few nights and see if that helps .

I’ll eventually get a siggy and post some pictures – but I just wanted to get this started while I had a few minutes. I love reading everyone’s journals - and I sometimes get so consumed with them that I lose track of time. If I could find a way to get paid for reading the JM board - I'd be one happy woman!

Well - back to my "real" paying job....before someone pops in my office!
March 19th, 2009, 10:45 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with TTC!! I've heard a lot of people say they are able to get positive OPKs with some brands and not others. If you decide you want to temp in the future, you can temp vaginally if your temps are too erratic.

March 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Im glad youve joined us and started a journal! You will love it here, as im sure youve already noticed since you used to lurk...we have a great group of girls here who are so supportive! Im Ashley (22) and my SO is Jason (23) we are taking a 2 month break from ttc after 4 months of trying and 3 losses. I hope you get a BFP very soon!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Hi, I'm Marci (30) my DH is Kelly (32) we are in our 12th cycle of TTC. As Ashley said we do have an amazing set of girls here...

I do have a question for you though...why would you decide to stop taking evening primrose?

March 19th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!

Longingforbaby - I think I will try to temp vaginally if this cycle doesn't work out...can't wait to see the look on Jeff's face when he see's me start that!

Oreobaby - I thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn't take primrose oil while pregnant -- I may be wrong though...I'll have to read up on that again. I know I read that I shouldn't drink my raspberry leaf herb tea after O -- something about it making my uterus contract...hmmm...guess I need to do a little reading refreshment!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
March 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Veteran
Welcome to JM! I'm Christa & DH is Erik, we have been TTC for 22 long months now. I sleep with my mouth open to and this last cycle my temps looked like a serious heart beat monitor, so I will be temping vaginally this next cycle as well. DH thinks I am weeeeird for it temping any other way then mouth, ear or armpit. haha, Ohhh well!

Good Luck!!!!

March 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Krista (21) and DH is Jimmy (23). We're on our 4th cycle.

March 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03

My name is Leslie (24) and my hubby's name is Alex (25). This will be our 2nd cycle TTC.

I am also a mouth open sleeper and I actually didn't know that sleeping with your mouth open can affect your temps! Learn something new everyday! I just started temping 2 days ago so perhaps I should switch over to vaginally. But with af here that is kind of gross so maybe I should wait until she leaves.
March 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD 11

Okay - well - not much to write about, but I want to keep in the habit of keeping this up -- so I'm going to post even when there is not much going on. I think they say it takes 21 consecutive days of doing something to make it a habit....of course I wouldn't know since I'm not sure if I've EVER been able to keep up with anything for 21 days straight! Well - I did start meditating every day a long time ago -- and I was able to keep that up....so we'll see if I can keep up the journal too!

I did stop at Walgreens on the way home yesterday to get some OPK's -- I ended up getting the Walgreens brand - 7 to a box for $18.99. (yikes!) I could have gone with the cheaper ones - but like I said before - those don't seem to work for me. I'll probably buy a second box for this cycle so I can test twice a day. The difficult part for me is that sometimes my cycle is 29 days and sometimes it is 31.

Oh - I forgot to mention - I did order some pre seed earlier in the week - but I'm not sure if it will arrive in time...but we'll see! I read a post on here where someone said they used it and it felt like super glue!!!! Oh my! But a lot of others wrote and said they didn't have that problem...so I'm really hoping I'm not getting us in a sticky situation !

I'm at work today -- I work in an office of about 24 people - but so many people take Friday's off that it doesn't feel like a regular work day...kind of like when we were in elementary school and it was the day before a holiday...didn't feel like a real school day, know what I mean?

Well, I think I'll head to Subway for some lunch! The weather is perfect here ... sunshine and low 70's!

Last edited by Denise123; March 20th, 2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Because I can't type and think at the same time :-)
March 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Oooh Subway! Yum! I'll be trying preseed for the first time this cycle too. I've mostly heard really positive things about it, so don't worry too much!

March 20th, 2009, 11:56 AM
EstrellaTTC's Avatar Regular
Hey Denise thanks for stopping by my journal! I'm with you, i've been obsessively updating my journal for the randomest reasons, but it can't hurt anything lol. I want to try pre-seed as well. Let me know how it works for you

MARRIED SINCE 12/13/08, TOGETHER SINCE 05/02/03

March 20th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well - I just had my lunch (subway, yum!) and decided to go take an OPK test really quick. I grabbed it out of my purse - (I'm using the one's in the long plastic cassette that you pee on -- you don't have to dip) and I stuck it in the top of my pants (my shirt is not tucked in) and headed to the lady's room. Well the guy who cleans our office is there mopping the bathroom and when he see's me - he tells me to go ahead and go in and he'll mop when I'm done....great...now I'm under pressure to HURRY -- have you ever tried opening one of those alluminum wrappers when you really, really have to go (shouldn't have drank all that water!) AND you've got someone standing outside waiting to mop! Boy, talk about presssure!

So - I finally take the test -- pop the lid back on it -- and stick it back in the waist of my pants...NOTE TO SELF....next time bring purse or use pocket....as I was walking away -- the dang thing slid through my pant leg and dropped on the floor!!!! Luckily - when I turned to see if the cleaning guy saw -- he wasn't there -- he was already back in the bathrooom mopping....!

Now the OPK is sitting in my top drawer -- it's of course negative -- but I expected that!
Just another fun day at the office
March 20th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Hi there! Welcome to the TTC board. I'm pretty new here too, but I like chatting with everyone so I thought I would say hi.

I'm 22, DF is 32, and we're just about to start our first cycle (having my IUD removed today, actually in 2 hrs...)

As for your post above, that's not that bad... I would think dropping a tampon out of your pant leg would look worse! At least he probably wouldn't know what an OPK strip was, or even looked like! lol

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
March 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
What a story! Sounds like a close call! Just a note, most OPKs need to lay flat for a while afterwards. Does yours have that in the instructions?

March 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4baby View Post
What a story! Sounds like a close call! Just a note, most OPKs need to lay flat for a while afterwards. Does yours have that in the instructions?
Looks like I'm learning something new everyday too! It probably does...I'll have to pull them tonight and check. Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl_W View Post
As for your post above, that's not that bad... I would think dropping a tampon out of your pant leg would look worse! At least he probably wouldn't know what an OPK strip was, or even looked like! lol
Hi, thanks for introducing yourself! You're right - it really wasn't bad -- i just got a good chuckle out of it because I was walking pretty quickly and it kind of slung across the floor...it took me a second to find the plastic cap to put back on it....
March 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD 12

Well - No BDing last night...I fell asleep around 9:30! Must have been exhausted! Anyway -- took OPK around 2:00 today and it's almost positive! (It's one of those lines that's half very dark and half a little lighter) -- so we're going to start the BDing tonight. (Even if I sleep through it ) Once the OPK's turn positive, I'm not sure how long that phase will last -- so I don't want to take any chances.

On a good note - my preseed came in yesterday! Wow -- I didn't even pay for expedited shipping and it only took 2 days to arrive. I'm psyched about that!

Today was pretty uneventful...we did a lot of packing and cleaning around the house. We recently purchased a new dining room set which is going to be delivered in several weeks -- and I have tons of boxes in the dining room with decorations and books, etc. - that I want to put in storage -- so that's what I spent this fun day doing. I'm getting ready to have a garage sale next month - so trying to organize the things for that also.

Oh - I was going through the boxes and came across one with baby clothes -- (a friend of mine and I used to sell clothes on ebay - and this was a box left from that time) - anyway - it was fun looking through them - and I decided to keep some of them for my LO. Figured it would be good energy!

Right now - we're watching The Mummy and working on our laptops -- just enjoying the evening...and of course making sure I don't fall asleep too early tonight!

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

March 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If the dark part of the line is as dark as the control - then get that BDing in girl!!

Ugh, speaking of packing, I gotta get to it...

Have fun tonight
March 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you do another OPK today? I was wondering if you got your + yet! Best of luck to you! Hope first time's the charm for you!
March 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay - time to get my daily entry in! I’m a little confused about my OPK’s – I was getting an almost positive yesterday – and today it was even lighter. I’m not sure if it has to do with the amount of water I was drinking today – or if something is “off”. (I ran today - so I've been drinking a lot of water) I’m only on CD 12 though with a 31 day cycle – so hopefully I’m not going to ovulate until the 24th or 25th and I'll get a positive OPK then. Good thing is we’re getting the BDing in just in case!

Wel - it’s kind of a running joke between SO and me that I can’t make a decision! In my job – I do great – but when it comes to personal things….I’m just pretty easy going about things…so when it comes to picking a movie or restaurant or tile, etc. – I have trouble being the one making the decision…since it usually doesn’t matter one way or the other for me. When we were shopping for dining room sets a couple of weeks ago - the sales guy told my SO that I was so indecisive....and SO laughed and said he had NO idea!

Anyway – a few weeks ago I was reading posts on JM and noticed where some women had gotten baby prediction readings from a “psychic” who did baby readings. I love trying these things for fun (I take them with a grain of salt) – but get amused by them. I emailed my first name and birthdate to her and didn’t hear back for several weeks. I finally heard back from her and this is the reading I got (spelling is obviously not her strong point!):

Im seeing a conceive or find out with a bfp or give birth between march and april. So either conceive or find out with a bfp between March and april of 2009 or give birth between march and april of 2010. I see a boy.
With your son the first thing I got was that he will really not like making decicisions, not like going with change, if he had a choice about it he would have everyone make his decisions for him. The reason I say this is because when I do see him making choices it feels like a massive overload to him and even picking out the color socks he wants for the day will seem like a major catastrophe. I also see him not likeing to make decisions because with that comes the possibility of hurting others and changing lives forever.. So needless to say if he marries I feel his wife will be making all the decisions big or small.
I also see him having a short attention span, He will be very smart, but it seems that things will catch his attention one moment then something else will be more sparkly and neat the next and then hes off and running in that direction.
I wish you a speedy bfp!

I showed it to my SO and he died laughing and said great…so he’s going to have YOUR personality! LOL Then in addition to that – I received a message earlier today from a cousin I haven’t been in touch with for years. I had called him and he responded in an email saying that he had meant to call me back but then saw something sparkly and got distracted. LOL (He’s got a funny sense of humor). SO just shook his head when I showed him that message….

Anyway – I have made two very important decisions....I chose the European style dining room set ...And I made the decision that we will only be buying white socks for our LO! LOL

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

March 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so funny! I just wanted to welcome you and introduce myself. My name is Casey (28) married to Jeff (29). We have been ttc since Oct. '08. I just wanted to mention that with OPKs it is best not to drink a lot of water before you take them because it can dilute the sample. HTH! Hope the prediction is right and you get your BFP soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search