My Journey to Being a Mommy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2009, 05:28 PM
EstrellaTTC's Avatar Regular
Well I decided I might as well start keeping a journal to keep track of my cycles.

Well I've been with my husband for 6 years total, off and on, and we decided to get married on 12/13/2008. :-)
I'm 23, and he's 22 years old. I grew up having very strict parents, so I was very anal about ALWAYS using
protection cuz I knew they'd freak out if I got pregnant before marriage. I personally don't have a problem with it,
but I know my parents do. I got my first period when I was about 14, and they have always been very irregular.
There have been times when I get my period on time, every month and other times that I've gone well over 3-4 months
without a period. For the most part, they come maybe every 6-8 weeks. I now wish I had kept track of ALL my periods
so that I can figure my cycles out better, but I was always so preoccupied with NOT getting pregnant :-(

I knew that I would have a hard time getting pregnant due to my irregular periods/PCOS. When I was 18, I went on the
patch for about 2 years to regulate my periods. I stopped b/c I didn't like the side effects. So my (then boyfriend) and I just
used condoms, then we just did the good old pull out, and completely stopped all contraceptives when we got
engaged (september). But we haven't actually "tried" by keeping track of ovulation. We just BD'd a lot without
using protection and figured it would happen when it happened.

But now we've both been bitten by the baby bug, and it's a good time. We're in the process of looking for our own
place (we're staying with his parents while we look for an apertment), I graduated from college this summer, we got married this winter,
we both have full time jobs w/health insurance, we're slowly but surely getting rid of our debt, we've been
together 6 years, and we both feel ready.

So I finally went to the doctor today to talk about TTC. I picked a new ob/gyn because I felt like the one I've
always had never really listened to my concerns regarding my PCOS and irregular periods. I like my new doctor.
My number 1 concern was my pap smear, though, because I had a scary abnormal pap smear last summer, and my old
doctor had been monitoring my pap smears ever since, so I made sure I let my new doctor know about that. As for
my PCOS, irregular periods, TTC she advised me to focus on my health first. Eat healthy, exercise, don't smoke,
take prenatal vitamins. She said that should help regulate my period and make ttc easier. She also recommended
that I use OPK's to make sure I even ovulate, and track it when it does happen. If I don't get pregnant in a year,
she wants me and DH to come back for a complete infertility work up. Then she gave me a prescription for Provera,
to induce my period, since I haven't gotten one since the end of January. I also have to go back Sat morning to
check all my hormones. I was kind of hoping I was already pregnant when I went to the doc today, especially since
DH was sweet enough to drive me and wait patiently while I was with the doc, but I wasn't :-( But I guess it's ok
that I wasn't already preggo cuz I didn't want a December baby. My bday is Dec 9th, DH's is the 15th, our wedding
anniversary is the 13th, my parent's wedding anniversary is the 19th, my sister's bday is the 30th, my grandma's is
the 16th, and my mom's is Jan 1. Plus i have about 15 first cousins with Dec bdays. Also, we're still looking
for the perfect apartment and who knows how long that'll take. I definitely don't want to still be living with
the in laws when I have a baby. DH's bro and his girlfriend have been living here for 8 years and they have 2 kids
and they are planning their wedding. ::rolls eyes:: ...I think they should get their own place before planning a
wedding when they've been living in someone else's house for 8 years but that's them. I feel like if we have one kid here we'll stay
here a lot longer than we want/plan to.

so my plan of attack is to induce my period, get rid of all that old uterine lining, focus on my health by diet,
exercise, prenatal vitamins etc. Use OPK's and track my CM and BD a lot when i'm ovulating. If I don't get preggo
by the summer, I'm going to go ahead and send DH's semen to get independently analyzed cuz I don't want to wait a
whole year! She said if it doesn't happen in a year we'll do the infertility work up and put me on Clomid, but
I don't want to get that stage. I'm really into all natural, no medication (I refuse to even take aspirin or Midol
lol) let nature take it's course but I guess if I have to I'll take Clomid.

Well time to clean up our room (ughhhhh i want to move out so bad!!!), run to the grocery store, and make dinner and
lunch for tomorrow. Wish me luck with TTC!

Well I couldnít update yesterday cuz the internet on my laptop isnít working  So here I am at work updating lol, though thereís really not much to update since Iím barely on Day 3 of my Provera pills, just waiting for AF to show so I can start keeping track of my ovulation. The doc said to take them for 10 days and then wait 2 weeks for it to show. ***!!! Last time I was on them I had got AF 3 days into actually TAKING the pills, but then again when I took them then I hadnít got AF for well over 3 months, so maybe she was just on her way.

I saw Basal Thermometers for $10 at CVS yesterday and I was sooooooo tempted to buy one! But Iím so conflicted about TTC b/c Iím like 100% sure I have PCOS, but both my old and new doc were basically like ďyea you probably have PCOS, but thereís really no way to know for sure and thereís really nothing you can do but treat the symptoms.Ē And my new doc is adamant that I can help my PCOS symptoms(weight gain, hirsutism, acne, irregular periods) w/diet and exercise, and that I first see if I ovulate, since Iíve never actually kept track of it. So Iím definitely buying an OPK, but Iím not sure if charting my temp is worth it. Also, Iíve read on these boards that OPKís arenít really reliable for women with PCOS since our cycles are so screwy. And also that I might get all the O symptoms, and even test positive with the OPKs and I still might not be ovulating. Arrrgh this is all so confusing!! But my doc is right, Iíve never TRIED to see if I ovulate, so I might as well check it.

So my new plan is to use OPKs and chart my CM after I get AF. That will be my ďofficialĒ cycle 1. If I donít get PG on cycle 1, then I will use the OPKs, CM, and BBT. If Iím not preg by June (cycle 3? Or 2?) then Iíll check with my doc again and send in DHís swimmers to be independently analyzed. And Iím going back to the doc if I donít pg by the end of the summer cuz thatíll be one year of BD without protection, and like 4-5 months of actually charting my O, and timing everything right.

On another note, yesterday I was at work thinking about how everyone and their momma is PG or just had a baby, when my friend and former co-worker called me to say she was stopping by my old office with her 7 week old baby and if I wanted to stop by and see her. Of course I did, so I went on my lunch break and OMG!!! What an adorable, cute baby. The one thing that really stood out to me was how healthy my friend and her baby looked. Even before she got pg (by the way, it was an OOPS!! Pg, ughhhh those really get to me cuz weíve been trying so hard ) she was eating really healthy and exercising every day, and she really stepped up her health game even more after she got pg and it really, really shows on both her and the baby. The baby is calm and peaceful when sheís sleeping, and really happy and active when sheís up. And my friend just looks glowing, just like she did when she was pg. So I know I really need to be on it w/ my diet and exercise to make it easier to get pg, and then stay healthy throughout my pg and beyond.

Well thatís all from me for nowÖjust waiting for AF to come so I can see if I O!!!

Well I couldnít update yesterday cuz the internet on my laptop isnít working  So here I am at work updating lol, though thereís really not much to update since Iím barely on Day 3 of my Provera pills, just waiting for AF to show so I can start keeping track of my ovulation. The doc said to take them for 10 days and then wait 2 weeks for it to show. ***!!! Last time I was on them I had got AF 3 days into actually TAKING the pills, but then again when I took them then I hadnít got AF for well over 3 months, so maybe she was just on her way.

I saw Basal Thermometers for $10 at CVS yesterday and I was sooooooo tempted to buy one! But Iím so conflicted about TTC b/c Iím like 100% sure I have PCOS, but both my old and new doc were basically like ďyea you probably have PCOS, but thereís really no way to know for sure and thereís really nothing you can do but treat the symptoms.Ē And my new doc is adamant that I can help my PCOS symptoms(weight gain, hirsutism, acne, irregular periods) w/diet and exercise, and that I first see if I ovulate, since Iíve never actually kept track of it. So Iím definitely buying an OPK, but Iím not sure if charting my temp is worth it. Also, Iíve read on these boards that OPKís arenít really reliable for women with PCOS since our cycles are so screwy. And also that I might get all the O symptoms, and even test positive with the OPKs and I still might not be ovulating. Arrrgh this is all so confusing!! But my doc is right, Iíve never TRIED to see if I ovulate, so I might as well check it.

So my new plan is to use OPKs and chart my CM after I get AF. That will be my ďofficialĒ cycle 1. If I donít get PG on cycle 1, then I will use the OPKs, CM, and BBT. If Iím not preg by June (cycle 3? Or 2?) then Iíll check with my doc again and send in DHís swimmers to be independently analyzed. And Iím going back to the doc if I donít pg by the end of the summer cuz thatíll be one year of BD without protection, and like 4-5 months of actually charting my O, and timing everything right.

On another note, yesterday I was at work thinking about how everyone and their momma is PG or just had a baby, when my friend and former co-worker called me to say she was stopping by my old office with her 7 week old baby and if I wanted to stop by and see her. Of course I did, so I went on my lunch break and OMG!!! What an adorable, cute baby. The one thing that really stood out to me was how healthy my friend and her baby looked. Even before she got pg (by the way, it was an OOPS!! Pg, ughhhh those really get to me cuz weíve been trying so hard ) she was eating really healthy and exercising every day, and she really stepped up her health game even more after she got pg and it really, really shows on both her and the baby. The baby is calm and peaceful when sheís sleeping, and really happy and active when sheís up. And my friend just looks glowing, just like she did when she was pg. So I know I really need to be on it w/ my diet and exercise to make it easier to get pg, and then stay healthy throughout my pg and beyond.

Well thatís all from me for nowÖjust waiting for AF to come so I can see if I O!!!
March 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Ok so I'm trying to move my journal over here and I don't know wth I'm doing!!! I keep trying to add my past entries, but it won't let me!! Oh well, at least you guys at least have my background story. I'm working on a siggy right now too

Day 4 of Provera. I want stupid AF to show so I can start keeping track of my cycles! At first I said I wasn't going to get caught up in charting and all that, I was just gonna "go with the flow" But now I've purchased 60 OPK strips from Earlypregnancytest.com, Pre-Natal Vitamins, and I'm going to buy that BBT i saw at CVS on my lunch break :-). I also bought Luna Bars cuz they're delicious and I figure they can't hurt my chances. I started power walking during my lunch breaks, cut out caffeine and cigarettes, and I've been eating as healthy, wholly, and balanced as possible. I'm trying to do the low glycemic index diet to try and control my PCOS. I'm going to order pre-seed too. At first I was like, oh i don't need any extra moisture down there! But then I read that saliva is bad for sperm which is pretty much what we use. So i'm going to miss that (TMI, I know lol) but oh well.

I've been so emotional lately. Yesterday I went to go visit my mom and I was telling her how my dr appt went and I just started crying cuz I'm terrified I won't ever get pg. Then on my way home DH brought up an argument we had had earlier that day and I just completely blew up at him, screaming, crying, the works. Then this morning I was running downstairs to take a shower when I fell down the remaining steps. Instead of just moving on, I ran upstairs like a little girl into DH's arms, leaving all my crap scattered all over the stairs. He just held me and let me cry until I felt better. UGH! I hope this means I"m getting AF sooner than later. Well i'm super excited to go buy my BBT, and lose weight and get healthy for my future baby!
March 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03

Glad you joined us here. Good luck to you and I looked forward to following your journey!
March 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Yay I finally was able to move my journal! I'm so excited cuz DH called me while I was at work to tell me he heard on the radio that tickets to Medieval Times were buy one get one free. It's freakin expensive to go there ($60 for 1 adult reg admission!!) and he's always wanted to go there (i've been there once on a field trip in high school) so I got the tickets for next Sat at 5:30 pm! I'm so excited to go!!! Mainly just for the food lol...AND I WILL NOT ASK THE WENCHES FOR A BEER lol! I'm seriously trying to cut out caffeine, alcohol, and smoking. I want to be as healthy as I can be when I do get preggo. I'm so excited to have all my ttc stuff
-BBT
-FF account
-OPKs coming any day now
-PreNatal Vitamins
-Exercise regimen
-Low glycemic diet

Will buy pre-seed and chasteberry , and get Dh checked if not pg by the summer.

I keep posting basically the same thing over and over but i don't care. When I get excited about something, I am so gung-ho!!! I google, join message boards, buy lots of crap, the works.

Well time to work on my siggy.
March 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM
...testing...

MARRIED SINCE 12/13/08, TOGETHER SINCE 05/02/03

March 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
OMG I write in here too much already haha...but I think it's important to jot down any/all pg, O, and AF symptoms because I neeeeeeeeeever have before. Like I said, I was always obsessed with NOT getting pg, then we were NTNP and I have never ever paid any attention to AF. She just came and went as she pleased. I never got PMS symptoms, I think i've had cramps like 3 times my whole life. So i think most of my cycles were actually...hmmm...whatever it is when your uterine lining just basically collapses cuz of all the junk built up there. BUT i KNOW i've had ewcm before (not often, but it has happened -funny- i always thought it was an infection or std symptom and i'd freak out until my RN friend told me it was completely normal hahah that's what i get for having super strict parents who refused to discuss sex) and I have had cramps before so maybe i'm one of those ppl who only ovulates like 3 times a year. But ANYWAYS I just noticed that I'm having cramps. Way down in my abdomen. It could be either
1) PG!!!! My doc gave me a pee test mon, but maybe it was too soon? LOL nothing but wishful thinking. Off to the more likely scenarios.
2) Maybe I'm ovulating or about to ovulate? But I don't have any EWCM...i'm pretty dry.
3) Most likely, AF is coming. Ugh!! But last time I took Provera, i'm pretty sure i wasn't cramping. And like i said, to me cramping is not an AF symptom since it's soooo rare that it happens. MAYBE it means that my AF's will finally be normal and I will actually ovulate!!

Yes, I am extremely jealous of all the women who get their period every month, and get cramps, and get emotional and moody, and get weird cravings. I would give anything to get PMS and have regular cycles because i'd feel NORMAL and I would not be feeling like a big, infertile failure right now :-(

See? I'm emotional....maybe my periods will be normal for me from now on lol.

I also want to note that this is day 1 of my pre-natal pills, so I don't know if that has anything to do with my cramping/moodiness.

AAAAAAAAND i also just noticed my bbs are feeling a little sore. I can't tell if they're bigger cuz they're huge and they always look big and bouncy to me

OK i need to calm down, stop freaking out, and go to bed. And remember that although we haven't used protection since Sept, we were NTNP, and I haven't even gotten to cycle 1 of ttc "for real".

ETA: btw, the only reason i even brought up the possibility of being pg is b/c even though i'm taking provera to get my period, my doc said if i DON"T get it, that i could very well be pg. wouldn't that be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EstrellaTTC; March 19th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.
March 20th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say welcome and good luck to you! Hopefully you'll be writing about a BFP very soon!
March 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! Just want to wish you good luck!!!!

March 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks girls! I hope you guys get your BFPs as well!

Well, my cramps are gone. Actually I was thinking it might have just been lower back pain from when I fell down the stairs yesterday. Speaking of that, I feel a huuuuuuuuuuuuge bruise on my butt. It hurts!

This morning, I stopped at Dunkin Donuts with my SIL (she works with me). I wasn’t going to get anything (trying to cut out caffeine) but I ended up getting an iced coffee. Ugh I need to stop! Anyways, when I walked in I felt this huge wave of nausea. I actually had to sit down cuz I felt like I was going to puke any moment. But I don’t think it’s pg related, I think it might have been because I took my Provera pill, anti-biotic, and pre-natal pill all at once before breakfast. Maybe that’s not such a good idea.

In other news, my diet/exercise plans are going very well! My pants are looser :yay: In not so good news, we STILL haven’t found an apartment! I’m getting so frustrated cuz I wanna move out yesterday!! We don’t even have any appts to go look at this wknd. I keep checking craigslist, but I haven’t found anything that meets our requirements. I feel like once we find our perfect place, my chances of ttc will be much higher cuz I won’t be as stressed.

March 20th, 2009, 07:21 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!! Glad you are here...
I know the feeling about long cycles...I'm on day 30, and have at least another 12 days - maybe more...anyway...

Is Provera supposed to jump start your period? If so, those are probably the weird cramps and feelings that you are having...

I think you should get a new doctor if she is telling you that you cant test for PCOS and there is nothing that can be done for PCOS, thats bull! Go see the ladies over at TTC with PCOS and they can help you with questions to come up with fo rthat...I hope that you can figure something to do from there...its my personal opinion that if you have irregular periods, and have at least been NTNP for a number of months, the doctors should be much more proactive about getting you some help instead of waiting a full year - ridiculous!

PS-Is Medival Times that place that has a play while you eat dinner (in a medival setting) - with horses and jousting and that? I went to a place like that in Orlando last year, and it was really fun!!

March 23rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you find an apartment soon! Apartment hunting can be so frustrating! Hope AF hurries up or better yet she stays away and you get your BFP! GL!

March 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!! And GOOD LUCK!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 24th, 2009, 08:13 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the TTC journey!!! Very happy to have you!! Good Luck!

March 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks girls!!! And fromustobaby - yes, Medieval Times is where they have that play/jousting tournament thing going on while you eat.

**UPDATE**
My dr called me back w/ my test results: Pap Smear - NORMAL (wheeeww!! so worried since 6 months ago my previous dr said i was halfway to pre-cancer, whatever the f*** that means!!! my new dr said she didn't see any abnormal cells, so that's good.)

Hormones - WACKY!!! (well the dr obviously didn't use those words lol). My thyroid, prolactin, and TH something are way off. She thinks I have hypothyroidism and told me to make an appt with the endocrinologist. My appt is in 2 wks. This is crazy because I used to think it was my thyroid that was giving me all my problems, but my previous dr always said it was normal. Ok, one of them has to be way off. My first dr said i had normal thyroid, very abnormal pre-cancerous pap smears, and the only way to control my period was bcp. Second doc says way off thyroid, normal pap, and provera to make sure i at least get my period every 3 months. I hope hope hope my first doc is the one that's wrong and not the 2nd!!!!!!!

My opks came in the mail. I immediately tried one. Of course, I wasn't ovulating lol. Just wanted to make sure it worked. About temping every day...ehhhhhhhhhhh....i don't wanna lol. Seriously i'm too lazy and hubby works 3rd shift, so i wake up at different times every day. I"m gonna try tho. also wanna mention my last day of Provera was tue, so should be getting AF within 2 wks. Hurry up, I wanna ovulate already!!

In other news, we're gonna go look at 5 apartments this wknd. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

March 26th, 2009, 08:36 PM
YIKES!! I sure hope that dr isn't right - that is scary stuff...
I thought I had hypothyroidism, but I got: TSH, FH3, FH4, and everything was normal, so I guess I dont...who knows...there is a hypothyroid forum on this board which is really helpful...

Did your new dr decide on a plan for TTC?

March 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck looking at apartments!!!

March 27th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
GL looking at apparentments...hope AF comes soon so you can O. It is very exciting TTC.

March 29th, 2009, 03:08 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have fun apartment hunting, hope you find something you like!

March 30th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone!! So we completely nixed the apartment idea. My mom finally convinced us to just purchase a condo or townhouse. I was against the idea at first cuz I just figured getting an apartment was good "practice" to owning a house, something I just did not feel ready for. I was worried about high taxes, separate utility bills, maintenance and repairs, etc. Plus for some reason I thought you had to be 40 years old with a perfect credit score to qualify for a mortgage, esp during these difficult economic times. But my mom started talking about how buying a condo or townhouse is a good alternative to renting or buying a whole house. She said this way, we're investing our money into something we will actually own, that we can eventually rent out or sell. Our taxes will be lower because we're splitting them with other people, and our utility bills won't be that high because we're not heating an entire house, just a portion. And we won't have to worry about outside maintenace and repairs.

DH had brought up the idea before, but I just brushed him off. I really need to start taking his opinions into account. I have this nasty little habit of not taking everything he says seriously, I just assume I'm the smart one in the relationship and I need to stop that. He has good ideas, and just because he didn't go to college like I did doesn't make me smarter or better at everything. If it wasn't for my mom, we would have just gone for the crappy apartment, when I should have listened to my husband in the first place!

So anyways, we are now pre-approved for a loan!! Yay for good credit!!!! So now I have to decide on a real estate agent, and start looking at places. I've already found some gorgeous ones! I'm talking about granite countertops, hardwood floors, beautiful oak cabinets, walk in closets. I can't believe how adult we are! I never thought that I would be married at 23, purchasing a home, and ttc!

Speaking of that, AF finally arrived on Friday and she's still here. I can't wait til she leaves so I can check to see if I ovulate. I hope I do! I decided to just use my OPK's and check CM until we move out. There is no way my temping chart will be accurate since I wake up at all hours of the night. Once we're out of this little bedroom we're living in, DH can watch TV and eat in the living room and kitchen instead of in our room like he usually does. So hopefully it won't take long for us to find the right place. Now I'm glad we didn't take the first apartment we saw, and that my mom sold us the idea before I signed any leases! Well that's all girls

March 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
That sounds wonderful - yea for loan approval too
Hope that it goes well - we are closing on a house tomorrow, and I know how exciting and completely nerve racking it can be!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search