Carla's TTC #1 Journal!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have enjoyed reading everyone's journal so much that I figured I should probably start one of my own! I'm hoping my TTC journey will be short and sweet, but being realistic, I do have an uphill battle ahead. So here goes.....

About Us....
I actually met my DH on a blind date March 23rd, 2002. It was my senior year of high school and I had just broken up with my boyfriend of nearly 2 years a few weeks before prom. The prospect of going to prom alone sucked, but the relationship I was in was so unhealthy and I couldn't take it anymore. So I'm sitting in AP economics and a dear friend of mine leans over and says "Hey you're single, my brothers hot, why don't you take him to prom?" She and him were very close and she typically convinced him to take her dateless friends to important functions! LOL! So we decided to meet up for a blind date a few weeks before prom so prom wouldn't be so ackward. When I saw him for the first time it was like those corny movies where fireworks start going off! I'm not really one to believe in love at first site, but if such a thing was true, then this was it! When had great chemistry and just connected! So pretty much from that day forward we were inseperable. We spent an amazing summer together. Then that fall I was already set to go off to college. We made the decision to give the long distance thing a shot. So I moved and we drove every other weekend 4 hours to spend our weekends together. After one semester I decided that this was real and my future was with him. So I transferred to college back in my hometown and we moved in together after 8 months of dating. After 3 years of living together, he finally proposed! Then we had a year and 8 month engagement. On April 29th, 2006 we said our I do's! Then we built our dream home and moved in July 2007. Now we are finally ready to fill it up with little ones! I think DH was ready for the idea before I was. He wanted his first child by 30 and he is turning 29 in June. I just turned 25, but school has taken longer than planned and kind of wanted to be finished with that first. But we always agreed that we would start trying when I turned 25. So here we are!
March 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
An unexpected surprise....

Originally DH and I had wanted to wait later in the year, until school was finished to start trying. However, my body had plans of its own. My first semester in college I was hospitalized with terrible abdominal pain. They originally thought my appendix was rupturing, but it turned out it was a ruptured cyst. I started having pains I noticed my senior year. It was always in my right side. After the cyst ruptured, they thought the pain would go away because they said the cyst is what caused it. But the pain never went away. Every year they would switch my BC pills hoping that would help with the pain. I originally got on the BC at 16 because my periods were so irregular. I would go months without a period. I've been on BC so long now I have no idea how my body acts "normal" I was very active back then (on the dance team) and was never over 100 lbs due to dancing 6-7 days a week, practicing at least 4 hours a day. So I'm hoping that is what contributed to my irregular periods, but I guess we will see!

The past few months my symptoms got progressively worse. I started spotting between periods, periods so painful I couldn't even get out of bed, painful intercourse, pain and bleeding with bowel movements, just all sorts of pain. I had my GI system checked and even had a colonoscopy. Everything came back ok and I was diagnosed with IBS. So I called my gyno and got seen. She did an ultrasound which came back normal. So then she did the laparoscopy where we discovered I have endometriosis. I was totally blindsighted by this diagnosis. Afterwards, looking at the symptoms I had practically every symptom. So now my gyno has given us a 3 month window as our best shot to get pregnant. I go see her for my follow-up on April 3rd so I should find out more then!
March 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
So I can keep track....

March 8th-Officially discontinued BC after 9 years
March 18th-Laparoscopy, endometriosis confirmed & removed.

January-27 day cycle, on BC
February-29 day cycle, on BC
March-discontinued BC
March 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
CD 12

So I broke down and bought an OPK. I really don't even need it this month since I'm pretty sure we'll miss O. I *think* I ovulate on CD 14 and if so then we'll definitely miss out this month since no sex for 2 weeks after sugery. So I tested today CD12 and was negative, but from what I read that's what I expected. But I was excited about getting 2 lines! LOL! And it was my first time POAS so that was pretty exciting!

Last edited by ca_dawson; April 9th, 2009 at 11:11 AM.
March 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How cute that you met DH on a blind date! It sounds like you have been through a lot, I really hope you get your BFP quickly. I see that you are a nursing student. I think nursing school is the most stressful thing ever! What area are you interested in working in? Anyway, sending T&P with you that you get that lovely BFP soon!

March 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Thank you Casey! I really liked the OR and ER. Those have been my two favorite rotations so far. Nursing school is sooooo stressful! I don't know how I made it first two semesters of clinicals. It was torture! This semester isn't so bad so far(even though its supposed to be our hardest semester yet!) I think I'm getting senoritis with a semester and a half left! We filled out our graduation paperwork this week so that was pretty exciting! I'm not too stressed out this semester and am actually making better grades! Go figure! Its been quite the journey but I am ready to be done already!
March 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you started a journal!!! I hope it's a short one for you as well! I know how crappy it is having CONSTANT horrible abdominal pain, and not knowing why. Finding out what's wrong is half the battle. I hope you get a BFP soon! That's smart that you're using OPKs this month to get a head start!!! All the best to you!

March 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hello,

It does sound like you have had quite the journey. I hope that you don't have to go through too much more and you get your BFP soon!

Best of luck to you!
March 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks Andrea! I felt kind of dumb doing the OPK's since we're most likely out this month, but I just wanted to make sure I do O and about what time so I can be prepared for next month! I'd really like to get it right since we have such a small window.
March 22nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
I have a friend in each of those areas and they love it. I would definately shadow someone in each area, you kind of get a better feel for it that way. Congrats on filling out your grad paperwork! Hopefully you will be a ttc grad soon too!

March 22nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there...enjoying reading your journal. Just wanted to drop in and tell you good luck! Looks like we're close in cycles! Hopefully we'll both be reporting BFP's this month!

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

March 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise123 View Post
Hi there...enjoying reading your journal. Just wanted to drop in and tell you good luck! Looks like we're close in cycles! Hopefully we'll both be reporting BFP's this month!
Thank you! We are close in cycles! I'm sure I'm out this month since I still have another week of no sex post op and I'm pretty sure I'll O before then. But best of luck to you this month!
March 23rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
CD 13

Another negative OPK. And even more frustrating is the line is even lighter today! I thought it was supposed to get darker closer to ovluation?! Hmm...guess it will take a bit to figure out this whole OPK thing. I'm beginning to wonder if I will even ovulate this cycle. It is my first cycle off BC and with the surgery that could throw things out of whack right?! I guess only time will tell.

Last edited by ca_dawson; April 9th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
March 23rd, 2009, 09:46 PM
GL this cycle! Hope tomorrow's OPK is positive. Maybe it was lighter due to fluctuations in hormone levels, hope this is the case.

March 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cute way to meet your DH!! Sure sounds like you've been through quite a bit. Did you use a OPK today?

March 24th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hi! It is possible that you ovulated cd10 or 11 bcs i always ovulate at cd11 and i know that bcs I get ewcm that time and very very sharp pain in my left or right overy and i also get darker opk. I hope you get BFP soon. Good luck.
March 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was your OPK result today? I hope it was positive!

You guys have a cute love story, thanks for posting it.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry about the OPK's getting lighter. The first one I took was light, then the next day it was quite a bit darker and I got excited!! I expected they would darken every day until I got a blaring +. I was totally wrong. In fact it's kind of rare for a women to actually have OPK's that progress in color. Your body is probably like "woah" after the laparoscopy, and will be back to normal soon!

March 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
my opk's never get positive, and that is pretty common. Don't get too stressed!!

BTW, love the story of how you met DH. You two have been together about the same amt of time as my DH and I. We met my senior year as well. Can you believe 7 years have flown by so quickly??

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hope you go back to normal soon too! Hope O holds off in time for you to get some BDing in!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search