Diane's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I've been keeping a paper journal I thought I'd go ahead and add most of it here. Keeping my journal has helped me recognize when AF is about to show which is helpful since my cycles vary in length.

A little about us - I met my DH when I was 28 (he was 27). He proposed the night before I turned 30 and we were married later that same year. Even though we both wanted to be married for awhile before TTC, I've been ready since before we were married. I'd really like to be pregnant with my first before I'm 33. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So to start, I went off BCP in November - I took my last pill Nov. 15, 2008. I was on the pill for about 4 years this time, before that I'd been on and off the pill since I was 15. I'm not temping or charting yet, maybe in a few months if we're still not successful. Right now I think it would stress me out too much - of course I think I'm already stressed out from TTC .

***ETA: I usually only keep track of my symptoms after I think I ovulated, which so far seems to happen between CD-14 & 16. I realized this wasn't clear when I first wrote this. In the future I think I'll try to keep track of my O symptoms***

1st Cycle - 11/15/08 to 12/12/08, 30 total Days
* CD-14 til AF arrived - I had very sore nipples and my boobs hurt slightly on & off.
* CD-20 - I started experiencing increased sensitivity to smells. I felt nauseous after noticing a bad/strong smell.
* CD-24-26 - sleeping very deep and didn't want to get up in the mornings
*CD-28 - felt like I was getting a migraine, took tylenol and didn't develop into a full blown migraine
* Other Symptoms - Nausea, light cramping, very emotional, light headedness, and oily skin. Very little CM before AF showed. I felt like AF was going to arrive for about 2 days before she finally arrived, I kept running to the bathroom to look.

2nd Cycle - 12/13/08 to 1/17/09, 36 total days
* CD-20 - indigestion/heartburn started, mild headache before getting out of bed
* CD-24 - nipple pain/soreness, felt like they were burning, also mild boob soreness, also had mild headache before getting out of bed in the morning (since CD-20), heartburn continued
* CD-25 - increased CM, heartburn continued
*CD-26 - had a small breakfast and heartburn started
* CD-28 - mild cramps, had them pretty much all day
* CD-32 - I reported feeling nauseous for the last few days, usually starting after breakfast. CD-31 I felt like I was going to vomit while grocery shopping. No boob or nipple tenderness or soreness for at least the last 2 days. No headache. I also reported having trouble going to sleep at night
*CD-33 - Boobs started hurting again. Also very tired.
* Cd-34 - still nauseous. Increased sense of smell that made nausea worse. Felt bloated but my weight was not up. Abundant CM.
* CD-35 - Nausea continued. Lots of CM. Felt sick while working out.
*CD-36 - Had a headache, controlled with tylenol. Also slept very well that night, no problem falling asleep.
* Before AF showed on 1/18/09 I had cramps, though they weren't any worse than the ones I had earlier in the week. Lots of CM before AF showed.
Other Symptoms - I reported being very emotional before AF showed.

3rd Cycle - 1/18/09 to 2/19/09, 33 total days
DH was out of town for 2 weeks during this cycle, he left on CD-14
CD-18 to 20 - I had a headache before getting out of bed in the morning (last month occurred a few days later, CD-20 to 24).
*CD-20 - I reported nausea again, itchy nipples, and a red face (also felt hot) like I'd been out in the sun, indigestion lasting the rest of the cycle.
CD-22 - another headache before getting out of bed, also noticed heightened sense of smell again, red face again, nauseous again
CD-23 - no appetite, no boob soreness for the most part, increased CM, itchy nipples again
CD-25 - woke up in the early A.M. and felt so hungry. Probably because I didn't eat a lot the day before due to not having much of an appetite. Nipples are sore and sensitive again.
CD-32 - had a migraine, lasted until after AF arrived.
Other Symptoms - No cramping, no problems sleeping, and very emotional (even crying when watching TV). I reported light CM the few days before AF. No boob soreness, only some mild nipple sensitivity this cycle. No cramps when AF arrived, and felt very tired the afternoon before AF showed - AF showed soon after I took a nap. (I never take naps so I must have been exhausted!).

That's a summary of my first 3 cycles. I'll update my cycles for my current cycle (#4) later.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Last edited by Gray_baby; March 24th, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: See Red Part Above.
March 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hello and welcome to the board! We are happy to have you here!! Looks like you are off to a good start with keeping track of af and your body! Good luck to you and I hope you get your BFP soon!!!
March 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shes been a member of the board for a while, just never started a journal!!!

Im so glad you started one Diane! I held off at first too, I dont know if you did for the same reason, but I was hoping it wouldnt take long and I wouldnt need to start one! Well, obviously that didnt happen!! I hope this is your lucky cycle!!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say I'm glad you started a journal. I really love how you keep such details about the changes you feel in your body...hope you get a BFP real soon!

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

March 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks girls!

It's definitely been interesting to go back and see how I was feeling last month and the month before. Of course, anytime I feel something new I starting feeling hopeful that this will be the month.

And since I've found other people's journals interesting and informative (TTC and graduates), I thought I'd start one too. And like Ashley, I also hoped it wouldn't take long to see my BFP!

Good luck to everyone!!!

March 23rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You kept a good record of what's going on with your body! Its interesting to see how your body reacts month to month. Do you feel like your cycles are back on track now after discontinuing BC? I hope this is your cycle!
March 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad there's another journal for me to stalk! It looks like you are getting to know your body pretty well. Hope you get your BFP soon.

March 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
One thing I've noticed during my last few cycles is that I have a decreased appetite during the first two weeks of my cycle. I often have a piece of string cheese for lunch.

Ok, here are my symptoms so far in Cycle #4:
*Pretty sure I O'd somewhere around CD-14 to CD-16
* CD-19 - noticed increased watery CM, not as thick as earlier in the week. Had trouble going to sleep.
* CD-20 - had trouble going to sleep, felt constipated
* CD-21 - had trouble going to sleep, felt extra-emotional today, backache, also felt dizzy and nauseous while shopping.
*CD-22 - Sore nipples, backache not as sore as yesterday
*CD-23 - No backache or constipation. Felt hungry all day.
*Cd-24 - felt dizzy on and off during the day, was ready for bed before DH (never happens!) and I slept great
*CD-25 - slept really deep and didn't want to get up in the morning, even though I slept more than 8 hours. Felt constipated in the A.M. Felt like I needed a nap around 4pm, resisted the urge and ended up with a headache instead (next time listen to body!). My stomach was bloated and I felt constipated & gassy. Boobs are mildly sore & nipples hurt a bit (have for a few days).
*CD-26 - mild cramps
*CD-27 - mild cramps again in the morning and early P.M. Still pretty bloated. Boobs not sore today.
*CD-29 - I fell back to sleep after DH left for work and slept til 9:30! Still felt tired after getting up. My boobs and nipples hurt - living in my tight sports bra. My back aches again.
*CD-30 - had trouble falling asleep, maybe I was overtired and I was cold (ended up putting on sweats and socks so I could sleep). Slept through the night (unusual for me, I'm usually up a couple of times to go to the bathroom). Had mild cramping in the A.M.
*CD-31 - Felt like a migraine was on it's way, took two tylenol and it went away (weird because migraines usually don't stop with tylenol).
*CD-32 - my boobs were so sore yesterday, starting when I woke up - the sides and bottoms ached so bad especially if I touched them.
Other symptoms - very little CM since mid-cycle. Haven't been very emotional lately, no random crying spells. My diet has been terrible lately - I keep craving bad foods like the Sonic Double Patty Melt and I've had a few root beer floats this week. Eeek!

And today - CD-33 - I feel constipated again. I never feel constipated, this is very weird for me this cycle. I always drink plenty of water - I usually drink water all day except for a glass of milk in the morning and a Mountain Dew for lunch. And I usually have plenty of fiber everyday. Also, my back is aching again, low in my back.

I'm so tempted to test tomorrow.

But since two of my last 3 cycles have been 33 days or more I feel silly testing so soon. What if AF is just waiting to come til CD-35 or 37? To say I'm scared of a BFN is an understatement.

March 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you decided to start a journal! I hope this is your lucky month!! It's so odd to me that you've had sore nipples like every month! Was this normal before coming off BCP?

March 24th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I hope you test soon and get a BFP!!!!!!
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4baby View Post
I'm glad you decided to start a journal! I hope this is your lucky month!! It's so odd to me that you've had sore nipples like every month! Was this normal before coming off BCP?

I know right? It's like PMS just likes to mess with me.

I never had sore nipples on the pill, I'm guessing it's my body adjusting to being off the pill. Though this month it's not just my nipples that hurt. Ugh.

When I was on the pill I had very few PMS symptoms and no cramping ever. Though I usually would get a migraine a day or two before AF would start. I've actually had fewer migraines since going off the pill, which is really nice.

March 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you ALL the best!! It's so smart to track your cycles so detailed!!!! I hope you get the BFP soon!!! BTW, I LOVE Elvis too

March 24th, 2009, 10:08 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get your BFP! March seems to be a lucky month for a lot of people around here!

March 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Whew! I had the hardest time getting to my journal this morning since the website is acting funny.

Today is CD-34. If AF doesn't show today I think I'm going to talk to DH about testing tomorrow. He wants to be here when I do it and we initially agreed to wait until CD-40. If I wasn't so nice I'd do it behind his back

Last night I had some very mild cramps while we watched TV and until we went to bed - starting around 8pm and we went to bed after 11pm. I also had some mild shooting pains in my left boob - ouch! Not sure what that was about.

My back ached pretty much all day yesterday too - pretty mild in my lower back during the day but then I think I pulled it or something while playing Wii Fit. I did the advanced hula hoop game and realized I'm not very coordinated at rotating my hips. I think that hurt my back and made it achy more than normal.

When I was a teenage I used to get back cramps with my period, I wonder if my new back ache problem is really cramps??? It's been so long since I had them I think I'd forgotten what they were like.

March 25th, 2009, 02:00 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope AF stays away!!! I can't wait for you to test!!

March 25th, 2009, 03:55 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting! Stay away AF! I can't wait until you test! Hopefully its a BFP!
March 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM
CD-35 still no AF.

I had light cramping pretty much all day yesterday - at least since mid-afternoon.

I also had a continuing back ache pretty much all day yesterday, definitely worse at night. It's very mild today but I'm about to do some Wii Fit and then get on the treadmill so let's hope I don't make it worse.

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but dang it I can't help it! I thought for sure I was out yesterday because of all the cramps, I thought for sure AF was going to show.

Yesterday, DH and I agreed to take a HPT on Saturday morning - he'll be here and that will be CD-37. So I'm hoping AF stays away!!!!

March 26th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Diane- light cramping/weird twingy feelings were the reason I knew I was pregnant! And I was right both times! I really think you should test!

March 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
How exciting! I hope you get your BFP!!!!!!!
March 26th, 2009, 11:15 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
TEST TEST - it definitely sounds really promising this time for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search