Chrissy's new TTC journal!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello everyone! I post on the site alot, but have totally overlooked having a journal. Just a little background about me~ I am 29 (just turned in March) and on August 30, 2008, I married my honey, Ryan, who I have been dating for over 10 years. I was on BCP for years before finally deciding to get off in 2005. I was okay for a while, but soon after, I had painful erratic cycles and bad breakouts. I went back on BCP for a few months in early 2008 and have been off now since May 2008. We are finally married, have the house, the jobs (I teach second grade and hubbie is a construction foreman), the dog and what do ya know? No baby This is cycle #5 for us actually tracking cycles, but we were nt/np for a while before that. I am trying to keep a positive attitude and really enjoy having you wonderful ladies to talk to and ask tons of questions

On another note: If you ask me something or comment and I don't get back right away, my dad is sick and has been in the hospital since Oct., also my brother is in the hospital since March so I am not ignoring~ things just get a little crazy somtimes

Let's go April/ May BFP's for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Wow Chrissy, sounds like you have a lot going on! I hope you guys get your BFP soon!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 21st, 2009, 05:19 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you do have a lot going on!
My best to both your brother and your dad...I hope that you have good news to share with them soon!

I'm a teacher too!! How do you like it? How long have you been doing it? My hat goes off to you elementary teachers - I couldn't deal with that much prep, so I just repeat myself 6 times a day to high schoolers

Good luck, and I can't wait to stalk your journal
April 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hahaha! I don't think it's in my curriculum, but I definitely repeat myself approximately 1,000,000 times a day I love being a teacher and my kids are actually really good. I have been teaching for 5 years and so far second grade is my favorite! Today though, they asked me to teach third next year and I don't think I have a choice.

Tonya, how long have you been teaching?
Kate, do you teach also? I thought I read that somewhere

Journal stalking is fun. I hope I can put some interesting things in mine
April 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, cool, we are simialr - this is my 6th year...I have 9th grade Earth and Space Honors (for the past two years I also did AP Environmental Science which I loved, but they didn't have enough kids taking it this year to give me a class of it)...
I think this year is my favorite of all the years, the kids are just wonderful, not an attitude among them - I swear the difference between happy teachers and miserable teachers is the attitude of the kids...

If you teach third next year would you get to have some of the same kids for two years? That would make it a lot easier at the beginning of the year...
April 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just had to say we're like the ultimate cycle buddies! I'm on cycle 5 as well and am pretty sure i'm 2 DPO, so close!! I hope your dad and brother get better soon!

April 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you started a journal!!! All the best to your dad and brother! I really hope you get that BFP really soon!!!!! I'll be stalking ya

April 22nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks so much girls!!!!!

Tonya~ I am trying to keep my whole class for next year, I really do love them. I am glad to hear that your kids are great and I totally agree that our happiness often depends on their attitudes.

Krista~ I know I have been secretly stalking you since we are on our same cycle of ttc We should be testing buddies too!

Andrea~ thanks so much! My dad and brother are finally getting better, which is great!

Thanks so much~ I love these journals
April 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Chrissy, i do teach, but i teach preschool... its a whole different world. I originally started teaching preschool while getting my teaching certificate, but changed my mind and am now working on my stuff to do pediatric OT. I think it is fascinating and i can still do the things i love about teaching. I wanted to teach Kindergarten originally, so working with 3 year olds is different, though not entirely.

I am so excited you're testing with us!! I hope we get a big bunch of April BFPS (in may of course!! )

April 23rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
I agree teaching 3 year olds is different Before teaching I worked at a daycare and then I ran a home daycare for a while. I love little kids, but it was hard to actually teach them. I would love to do pediatics, but I squeamish and do not wnat to go back to school~ ever haha! I know I am sooooo excited for BFP's. I want us all to go in the same DDC!

No liking my temps~ they are flat FF says I o'd and now for 3 days I have had the same temp. I don't know what's going on, but I don't think it is good. I thought temps were always fluctuating~ I don't know? Just had to rant a little

Oh. and I don't know why I can't see my own chart when I click on it? Can anyone else?

I am soo confused today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
April 23rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Chrissy, I am Marci (30) and DH is Kelly (31) and we have been TTC for coming onto 13 cycles...

I was gonna stalk your chart...but I can't see it.

I hope your dad and brother are doing better...

I'm not a teacher, but I used to be an SNA (Special Needs Assistant) and miss it horriblly.

April 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Hi Marci!!! I'm trying to fix my chart and add it to the chart stalking thread. but have no idea how to do it? I really hope that the next cycle is it for you! Being a special needs assistant is a great job~ The kids are so cute
April 25th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I fixed it yay! Now anyone can stalk me and please let me know if you see anything wrong. I am still learning

FF moved my o date and now I don't know what's going on. I think I just need to relax and let whatever is going to happen~ happen

Happy Saturday!
April 25th, 2009, 08:40 AM
well you've definitely O'd. I think if you had a thermometer that went to 2 decimal places your chart would vary a little more. Just a thought. How are you feeling about this cycle? Any symptoms yet?

April 25th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
well you've definitely O'd. I think if you had a thermometer that went to 2 decimal places your chart would vary a little more. Just a thought. How are you feeling about this cycle? Any symptoms yet?

Thanks for the info. Kate! Where did you get your thermometer?
I felt good about this cycle and then FF changed my o date and I am afraid that it will keep changing. I guess I'm just nervous. I had soooo many IPS's last cycle that I am not buying into them at all this time~ not yet anyway How are you feeling? Hope you are having a great weekend!
April 25th, 2009, 01:34 PM
i feel nothing so far!!! I am hoping not to give into IPS the cycle too!! Hopefully its not imaginary!!

So...the thermometer. I got my BBT at Target for like $7. You can get them just about anywhere. Look for a basal thermometer. If you want to try one i'd suggest not starting to use it until next cycle, or use it in combination with your regular thermometer just to compare b/c not all of them read the same...weird i know.

I hope you have a great weekend too!! kick your feet up before monday!

April 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about getting a BBT. My temps were a little flat before i got one. I got mine at walmart for pretty cheap. Sorry if i missed this, but what day are you planning on testing?

April 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see I have another journal to stalk! Sorry about your dad and brother, hope they get well soon. Good luck this cycle. Hope to see lots of April/May BFPs, with you being one of them!

April 26th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks Casey!!! I hope to see your BFP soon!!!!

Krista, think I am going to test on May 1st. I have a wedding that day and would like to know either way. If I chicken out though then I guess the 2nd.

I thought I had a BBT, but are there different kinds? Maybe I bought the wrong one I only get one decimal place on mine-Hmmmm? Maybe I should get another one. Thanks! Hoping this coming weekend brings us our BFP's then we can be ultimate DDC buddies!

Last edited by chrissy323; April 26th, 2009 at 07:27 AM.
April 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ALL the best in the rest of your 2WW!!!!!! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!!!!! Baby !!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search