Teacher TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hey all!!! I doubt I know anyone in this journal area anymore. Hopefully everyone I did know has successfully conceived and had their first baby by now.

For everyone that doesn't know me, I'm Nancy! I was very active here on just mommies last year when my hubby and I started TTC our first. We figured that economically it would be best for us to conceive in months that would have our baby born in summer because I am a teacher. I teach 6th grade and love it!!!!

Anyway my DH is name Jeremy. He is 26 and a veteran of the USAF. We were stationed in Hawaii and moved to CA in 2007 when he got out of the military. Then I started teaching and he decided to go to school full time to get his degree in Graphic Design and Marketing.

We TTC last year and succeeded right away... The sad part was we lost our baby shortly after. It was terrible to go through and so I eventually just disappeared from here. It was just too hard.

Now I'm doing good and being very healthy. I've always been healthy but I decided to kick my health into over drive. I casually have a few drinks but have stopped completely, I'm taking vitamins, working out (as usual), and tracking my ovulation. DH is also being healthy with me.

We are planning to TTC somewhat according to the Chinese Lunar calendar because I believe it's been accurate. It's helped me predict the sex of about 5 babies or so and I've heard it worked for other people.

So with that in mind we are going to attempt to make a boy in JUNE!!!!!! and then if we don't get preggo we will try again in August. Those are surefire boy months for me... but if we don't get PG then then we will continue to try until it happens. Boy or not all in all we just want to share our life with a baby and start making family memories.

For now we just bought a house last month. It's our first! We live here with our 2 fur babies, DUDE (boxer) and Peanut (chihuahua). If you want to get to know me just ask!! I'm totally looking forward to making new friends on here and following your journeys.

Best of luck to all!

April 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hello! My name is Leslie and welcome back! I hope your stay here is short and you get your BFP when you want it Best of luck to you
April 26th, 2009, 07:16 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay...another fellow teacher!! Welcome back! My name is Stef DH is Scott and we are on cycle # 13 of ttc. I teach 6th grade World Cultures and 7th grade Texas History...I love teaching middle school! I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you get your little June bug!!

April 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome back! My name is Casey (28) and DH is Jeff (29). We have been ttc for 5 cycles/7 months (had two very long, anovulatory cycles and started my 1st round of clomid this month!). Hope your stay is short and sweet! So sorry for your loss. I hope you get a super sticky been very soon! Good luck and looking forward to getting to know you better!

April 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Thank you so much for the warm welcome Stef, Casey, and Leslie!!!!!!!! You all have such beautiful families even the fur babies. Hope we all get out BFP's soon!

April 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!! You look very familar to me so maybe i've met you in the past? I'm Krista and DH is Jimmy.

I'm so sorry about your loss. Congrats on the new house! That's really exciting!! Good luck making your baby boy in June!

April 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, yesterday and today DH has been sick. He has a stuffy nose and sometimes runny with a cough and congestion. I haven't gotten a kiss in 2 days! That's a new record. He is never sick. We are both getting so excited about getting to try for our BFP again! 34 days and counting!!! (Til we at least get to try) Today I got a basal thermometer so i can start charting and I intend on bidding on some digital ovulation tests on ebay. ( I suck at reading the sticks and line colors)

It's day 3 and we're still eating healthy! Even Dh is sticking to it which is helpful. Today we found 40 calorie fudge pops!!!!! heck yes!! that's a dieter's dream and even better than freezing the 70 calorie chocolate pudding cups. =0 )

Anyway I hope everyone is well. I wish I had more time to read up on everyone. I'm here for support and a listening ear!

May 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back!!! I love your siggy!!! Very cute! Just dropping in to wish you ALL the best on your journey.

May 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I had an eventful last few days...

I got whatever DH had but luckily I didn't get it as bad. I had an awful sore throat for a couple days and I felt achey but that was the extent of it. DH and I are both better now.

Last Thursday was my class's field trip. We went to Sea World in San Diego. The kids had the time of their lives. For many of them, it was their first trip to a theme park. I'm glad I got to be apart of that.

On the way home I sat next to my chaperones and they brought up the topic of when I planned on having kids..... They seemed pretty negative about it. One of the moms has 3 kids and the other mom has 5 kids.

They told me that I'm not ready and when you have kids "There goes your whole life!" I was kind of sad because one of the moms had her daughter sitting right behind her.

I understand that when you become a parent your priorities change. You obviously always have to consider your children with any decision but I don't see how kids can be a bad thing.

I figured maybe that they were just unhappy because their kids might not have been planned and so maybe they were not ready to make their children their number one priority.

I think my hubby and I have been able to experience a lot more than most "young couples". We've lived in Hawaii... alone (when we didn't know each other) and together. We've both done some traveling and had tons of exciting life experience (skydiving, concert going, cruises, etc) and are both all about being a family. We are also the best dog owners on the face of the Earth. Those dogs are our babies. lol =0 )

Anyway I was just kind of bummed that the mom's had been so negative.

On Friday night, we went to a welcome home party for a family member and everyone there of course asks, "When are you going to have kids." I don't like telling people I know that we are planning, in case we're not successful and so we don't get that negative feedback. So when I asked, I smile and turn it over to DH and ask him, "Yeah when are you going to have a baby." That usually gets people off our case.

Saturday was a blast. We went to the So Cal Rock Revolution and partied it up with our friends who were playing the show. We also got to meet the headliner, Story of the Year, and were front row for their show.

On Saturday DH and I celebrated another dating anniversary with dinner at Gyu-Kaku. It was great!!!

Last edited by Skimboardin Mama; May 9th, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
May 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Baby Shower Blues...

unfortunately when i found out that I was PG last yr... 3 of our closest friends all found out at the same time that they were PG too. That's of course wonderful but has made it harder on me since now that we lost ours... it's hard to watch everyone be so excited and attend the showers and shop for gifts because we would also be having our baby very soon.

And of course I was asked the usual question by several people.... "when are you guys going to have one?" I wish they'd stop asking.

The only people that will know if and when we get that BFP is you all and my DH. We don't plan to tell anyone this time until we know its safe. Maybe I'll tell my mom for support. Our friends knew last time and it sucked being the only couple who was actually planning and trying for the baby... because we lost it.

On another note today DH and I participated in the "Walk for the Animals". It is a fundraiser for our local humane society. we had a blast and got to walk our dogs on the minor league field in town. We also surpassed our goal of $100 for the cause.

hope everyone is doing good. I'm looking forward to making friends on here and sharing our journeys...let's see some BFP's soon!!!!

Last edited by Skimboardin Mama; May 9th, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
May 10th, 2009, 07:26 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Nancy! I'm Chrissy and DH is Ryan. We have been TTC for 5 months. So sorry for your loss Just wanted to say welcome back and I really hope you get your BFP and your baby boy!There are a lot of teachers on here. I teach second grade~I love it! Hope you are having a great weekend
May 10th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully next year I'll be getting spoiled today! I can only hope.

We're so excited. Only 21 more days til we're safe to start trying. That's not long at all!!! I've been taking prenatals which I read was a good idea. I'm also planning on how to tell DH. Last time I got that BFP I was just so excited that I ran out of the bathroom and woke him up and he started crying. To tell my mom, we carved a stork carrying a baby onto a pumpkin. It was the coolest.

This time will be different. My husband and I are huge Dallas Cowboys fans. He was the only guy that finally sat me down and taught me all about football and I love it! I love it enough to even watch it by myself and i check all the stats out and what not.

So tell DH the next time we get that BFP (gotta think positive) I'm going to give him a gift bag with a cowboys onezie and pacifier. I think that will really make him cry. lol.

As for telling my mom.. we were considering taking her and her boyfriend to an Angel's game and putting it on the big screen. It's only $40 bucks so the shock factor won't really cost that much... But it might be hard getting time for her to hang out so we might need a plan b. we'll see. I'm so anxious!

May 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Those are really cute ideas on how to tell your DH and mom! I havent even got to think about that, i would probably just run out of the bathroom!

Good luck for june!
May 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Those are really cute ideas! You're very creative! Hope you get to use those soon!

May 11th, 2009, 03:36 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back!! Im Ashley (22) and my DF is Jason (24) we had been ttc our first for 4 cycles and unfortunately had 3 very early losses. We then got engaged and decided to focus on US and our wedding which will be September 18 of this year! Then we will ttc again right after our wedding (Im hoping for a honeymoon baby!) The girls here are just so awesome for me to leave though, so ive been sticking around still through our "waiting period"! I cant wait to get to know you!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Those are very cute ideas. I love your creativity and optimism
May 11th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aloha!
Today was long but I enjoyed catching up with journals and posts on here. It's usually not a good thing for girls on here but I'm pretty happy that AF showed up tonight. It just means that one more cycle before we will be trying for our little miracle. We're not trying until June.... and i should be O'ing sometime at the end of May... so it works out. Can't wait. Until then I'm going to practice charting and analyzing CM and supporting you all.

does everyone pay for fertility friend? It's ridiculously expensive. I wish it was completely free.

May 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Good luck with the charting. I did pay for FF, but it was cheap at the time and I got a ton of days free. Congrats on it being close to actively trying time!

May 13th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hey I also just paid for FF 1 year $45. I know it's expensive, but I like all of the trackers. More things to obsess about
May 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Good luck with the charting/tracking. I can't wait for you to catch that eggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search