meagan's ttc #1 journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
I thought that I might as well start a journal because I really am ttc even if in my head I'm saying we aren't really trying. A little about me... I'm 23 and have schizoaffective disorder which is pretty disabling. I haven't been able to hold a job for a couple years now but I'm trying to start a photography business. I know that a baby is going to be rough for us financially as well as mentally (for me) but it's not going to get any better in the future so why not start now?

We both want girls! Which probably means I'm doomed to have boys I've already got my first little girl's name picked out, Maren.

So anyway, this is month one and I just started charting on FF yesterday. My cycle is never consistent so I don't know for sure when I O. According to the chart it is CD 20 and I am 6dpo. But I guess that's a total approximation! I think we've bd'd 3 times since my last period April 11. Guess we'll see!
April 30th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Welcome to the Journals!!!

I am Marci (30) DH is Kelly (32) we are on cycle 13 of TTC (month 14, last cycle was a long one...grrrr)

I hope your stay here is short and you get a soon. You will notice that a lot of us add our chart to our signature, so that others can stalk it...it is helpful if you have questions about your cycle and such. Just an idea. GL

April 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
Thanks Marci! I wish you good luck and hope you get the bfp soon! I have no idea how to make a signature...

I forgot to add that I am 23 and my dh, blake, is 27. We've been married for a month saturday!
April 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My name is Chrissy (29) and DH is RYan (28) We are on our 5th cycle of TTC#1. Just wanted to say welcome and you will love it here. Congratulations on your marriage
April 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hello and Welcome! Hope your stay here is short
April 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone

Well, it feels like AF is coming. Headaches, naseous, cramping. All normal of dear ol' AF. Could be tomorrow or 5 days from now! Better luck next month, I guess.

Although I just found out we are going to California in Sept. and I'm thinking you probably can't ride rollercoasters when you're pregnant (can you?) and it would be sad to miss out on such an opportunity. So if I don't get pregnant until October that's okay!
April 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!! I hope your stay here is short and sweet! I’m Stef(32) and DH is Scott(33).

I don’t think you are supposed to ride roller coasters while pg...here is a link of what the American Pregnancy Association says about it...

Roller Coasters during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

April 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My name is Casey (28) and DH is Jeff (29). We are on our 5th cycle/7month of ttc. Hope your stay is short and sweet. And as Stefanie said, you should ride roller coasters if pg. Good luck!

May 1st, 2009, 11:57 AM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
No AF yet, but it's only CD21 and 7dpo (total guess). I had really weird cramps in my stomach, like upper abdomen last night laying in bed (I sleep on my stomach). Probably it's nothing!

This weekend we're going to a local festival/fair type thing.

We just moved into a new house like two weeks ago. Prior to that we lived with my parents for about 7 months. My mom has two dogs and my dog (who was about 5 months when we moved in) has extreme anxiety.... I think he gets it from me, hah! Anyway, ever since we moved out he's been super lonely and we crate him when we're gone. He goes so crazy he actually made his nose bleed by trying to get out. Vet's supposed to be calling something in for him. Poor thing

So that's what's taking my mind off of ttc. Although I'm really conviced I'll never get pregnant. I've had this feeling that I'm not able to for like a year. Hopefully not true!
May 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
Well my sex drive like shot up a lot tonight which is NEVER does because I'm on all these psychiatric drugs... totally weird.

But now I can't fall asleep and it's 1:00 am, so I definitely don't have the fatigue thing going on!

I don't think either of those are preg symptoms.

In the meantime, I saw my psychiatrist today for the first time in a couple months and he confirmed that I have OCD thoughts and has added a 3rd medication to my system. I know I should talk to him more before trying to get preg but I'm afraid I'm going to get lectured on why I shouldn't be trying! Ugh.

By the way, thanks stef for the article on rollercoasters while pregnant. I would never actually get on one if I knew that I was!
May 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wishing you all the best on your TTC journey!! Good Luck!

May 2nd, 2009, 08:07 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I'm curious...are you sure you O'd when you did...usually an increased sex drive is a sign of O...

May 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
Well, no I really have no idea when I O'd. The thing is though that I'm on CD 22 and AF usually starts anywhere from yesterday to CD28 so I would have to have O'd by now, right? About how many days after you O does AF start?
May 2nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj4409 View Post
Well, no I really have no idea when I O'd. The thing is though that I'm on CD 22 and AF usually starts anywhere from yesterday to CD28 so I would have to have O'd by now, right? About how many days after you O does AF start?

It's different for eveyone, but typically around 12-14 days. Could be a little more or less and still be normal depending upon your body. Good luck
May 2nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
Thanks Chrissy. I think I'm going to have to chart a few months and see because my cycles are never the same.

Well, I've been super extremely naseous tonight and I just feel like AF is on the way. I had some CM tonight and I couldn't decide if there was a pinkish tint. My guess is, she'll show by tomorrow. I'm ready just to get it over with and get to next month!
May 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
mj4409's Avatar Veteran
Been feeling like total crap. Nauseous all the time. The last time I threw up from AF I was 10 but it feels like I'm going to puke anytime I move. Also feels like AF has started and every time I go to the bathroom I'm confused because, alas, no AF.
June 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hi megan!! I'm Nancy.. I was just reading journals and noticed you haven't posted for awhile How are you doing? what's new?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search