Jodi's TTC#1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM
My name is Jodi(24) and am with DH(29) we have been together for 4 years, and he has been gone alot of that time (army.)
He will be returning home in the end of May 5 dpo. So we have decided to go active on TTC in June. I figured I better jump online and get things started with tracking my cycle. I have done the ovulation calculator, and have a pretty good idea when I ovulate now with CM. I am a little nervous as this will be our first attemp at really TTC, and I do not want to get upset if it doesnt happen right away, but he will only be home for 6 months and then is supposed to leave again... I signed up for JM to get advice, and share stories and look forward to hearing other peoples stories!

Will post more when the month is up and he is home and we can really put all our effort into TTC. I just know I dont want to get so caught up in TTC that we lose our passion, and our spontaneoty. (sp)

I want to keep things spiced up, and I know that might be hard if our number one focus is TTC, instead of us.
May 7th, 2009, 12:59 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats on TTC soon!! That must be really hard having him gone for so long. I think not putting too much focus on TTC is a good thing, although easier said than done for a lot of us! I hope it happens within the 6 months he'll be home. I'm Krista BTW married to Jimmy and this is our 6th cycle TTC. Good luck!!

May 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I am Marci (30) DH is Kelly (32), welcome to the journal side of things...I find it very good just to get your feelings down. I am that type of person that I can't sleep if something bothers me, so my journal is my outlet...I actually have a journal here, a paper journal, and a blog...i like to get my thoughts out...LOL. I really hope you catch an eggie while your DH is home...How long is he supposed to be gone for when he leaves again, do you know?

May 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobaby View Post
i like to get my thoughts out...LOL. I really hope you catch an eggie while your DH is home...How long is he supposed to be gone for when he leaves again, do you know?
Hello Marci, I like your SN..i dont want to be rude, but are you a mixed couple? My sister just married, and they are a mixed couple, and i call my neice my lil oreo, she is sooo adorable!

I am the same way, although i have gotten away from writing a journal and just started writing DH letters instead! DH is normally gone 6-12 months, depending on what is going on. I must say he has changed so much in the 4 years we have been together. but mostly for the better. I havent really slept in about 3 weeks, because I know he will be home soon, and well I am just overwhelmed with thought of him being home again..(in a great way!)

I can say I am already tired of waiting on him to get here...I just want to start TTC now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4baby View Post
. I think not putting too much focus on TTC is a good thing, although easier said than done for a lot of us! I hope it happens within the 6 months he'll be home. I'm Krista BTW married to Jimmy and this is our 6th cycle TTC. Good luck!!
Hey Krista! Well I am sure I will be no exception when it comes to not putting to much focus on it. As soon as he said yeah lets start our family, i was online, looking at sites, and joining them, and I am already super focused on it!

Good Luck Krista, hopefully this is your month!

Last edited by tryingfor1; May 7th, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
May 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hello! My name is Leslie (24) and the hubster is Alex (25). This is our third month TTC I hope that you enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask any questions that you may have
May 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
The more I sit here at work, the less I want to work, and the more I want DH home. I probably wont have much to say until he is here and we are able to TTC. in the meantime, im going to continue to drive myself crazy, and prepare my body for what will hopefully turn out in a BFP. I am working on not drinking coffee and soda, although i will do one or the other right now, hopefully i can get it under wraps by Monday.
I am continuing my daily workouts, DH isnt going to know what hit him when he sees me. since he left i have dropped 15 lbs. (5'5 128 lbs) I was looking online, and i was reading that a healthy BMI to get preggo was between 20 and 30 BMI(body mass index) and as of right now im at 21.8, so i should be good there. I forgot to metion in my first journal entry that i have Celiac disease.
(cannot eat wheat rye oats or barley.)

I have read online that there is some women with celiac that are infertil, but no one really knows if it is linked to celiac or just coincidental. So i am hoping that it is just coincidental...
that really worries me, because DH is super excited about having his "boy", although i told him that we cant just say its a boy, and have it come out a boy! but he is hopeful that when i finally do get a BFP it will be a boy!

anyhow these are just some thoughts and concerns i have to deal with and hope that i dont get to overwhelmed with everything!
May 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Jodi...we are not a mixed couple...my sign in name is oreo baby, because we have a black and white cat that is our furbaby. It was the only thing I could think of at the time. I don't know much about Celiac disease. Actually I don't know anything about it at all...but I hope that it is just a coinscience. Have you talked to your Dr. about it at all?

May 8th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobaby View Post
Jodi...we are not a mixed couple...my sign in name is oreo baby, because we have a black and white cat that is our furbaby. It was the only thing I could think of at the time. I don't know much about Celiac disease. Actually I don't know anything about it at all...but I hope that it is just a coinscience. Have you talked to your Dr. about it at all?
I have talked to my DR and he says so far that everything looks good. But we havent tested my fertility, because we havent actively tried..

Yeah i probably just put my foot in my mouth..lol but was curious!
May 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say HI and congrats on starting the TTC road...welcome to the journals...its a great place to keep your thoughts
May 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM
well look there, now there are pictures! You all look like you are very happy!

Its just another day of waiting here for me... not only am i waiting to start TTC, but i am waiting for DH to get home, and currently waiting for him to call.... I know it will be soon, we normally get to talk 2 to 3 times a day. I am still preparing myslef, i skipped the coffee this morning, and about an hour ago broke down and got a soda...
I am definately ready to get this started!

anyhow..Thanks for all the support! Good luck to all of you i hope you ladies get your BFP this cycle!
May 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hi Jodi! I'm Nancy(24) and DH is Jeremy (26). DH was in the USAF but separated in 2007 and so we moved from Hickam, Hawaii to California. =0 ) we miss it of course. We are also planning to TTC in June.. we had a loss in Oct. and so we're staying hopeful. We're trying to follow the chinese lunar calendar too so we can get a boy lol. =0 )

Anywhoo I just wanted to say hello and good luck!!! I hope you and your hubby get that BFP right away! If you need any support I'm here!

May 10th, 2009, 06:20 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jodi! Welcome I'm Chrissy and Dh and I have been TTC for 5 months. I really hope you get that BFP before DH goes away again! Good luck sweetie!
May 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Well thank you everyone!

Hopefully you get your boy in June!

I just got some great news! DH comes home on the 21st of this month! i know things can change, and they almost always do, but i cannot help but look forward to seeing him in 10 days!

Which also means that we might just hit the fertile days on the O calender!!!! AF was late, but i have been super stressed out lately, just waiting for him to come. AF thankfully came yesterday, i was started to think something was seriously wrong with me since i am never late! I had already made a DR appt, but i can cancel now since AF came!

Hopefully his date of coming home doesnt change and we can hit this month! but I am not going to get my hopes up to high, because even if he is home, i know that it might take some time...

Good luck to you all! I hope you get your BFP Soon!
May 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Yay! I'm happy DH should be in your arms soon!!! And a little time apart could add a spark so BDing will be even better!! like on Meet the Fockers---- you could get PG easier because you want him more =0 ) i remember something like that. anyway I'm keeping my crossables crossed that uncle sam doesn't change his mind for DH.

May 11th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandawg View Post
Yay! I'm happy DH should be in your arms soon!!! And a little time apart could add a spark so BDing will be even better!! like on Meet the Fockers---- you could get PG easier because you want him more =0 )
Yes im super excited, and this isnt our first time apart, and YES the spark is great when he gets back! Thank you so much!

only 10 days!!!!

Hopefully you get June!
May 11th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Just one more before i go! this waiting for DH to be home is killer. I can only imagine how i am going to be on the 2ww....probably going out of my mind.

Other than that, i am just trying to get everything ready because we have so many things to do when he gets home, we are remodeling the house, and that went on hold while he was gone. so that will get started again, along with BDing, and seeing the fam. It just doesnt seem like me and him will have any time to ourselves, although this is how it always is when he gets home, and we always make the time... I am just nervous thinking about seeing him again! like a schoolgirl!
May 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Okay so far so good, the date for DH to come home hasnt changed, so if i have a normal cycle I should O around the 25 or 26 of may. So hopefully its a normaly cycle, and we can BD.

Other than that i started charting on FF and from my estimation of O (theres matched pretty much) so we will see if FF and Me are correct! And if so then hopefully I will get to join in on the craziness of the 2WW.

I havent heard from DH in a day and a half now, so I hope he is okay....Normally we get to talk 2 to 3 times a day.
July 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
okay so it has been a few months, DH is home, and so far no luck, since he has been home things have been different, but we are working through it. it has been difficult for him to be gone and then come home and expect me to be the exact way when he left. anyhow we have been ttc since he has been home, but no luck yet since my AF has been here there and everywhere, from being my regular 28 days, to going down to 19 days, and anywhere in between. maybe stress?

had something wierd the other day, some cramping, and almost a blood colored tint when i wiped, it lasted a day, and then everything was back to normal. sorry for the tmi, but just frustrated.

i was not expecting it to happen right away, but he wants it to be now, and so that is putting stress on me, i did get semi good news, he will not be deploying again, they are medically retiring him from the army. anyhow enough for now, will check in more often.

good luck ladies!
July 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that things haven't happened as quickly as you would like. That seems to be the trend. It does take a bit of time, because the timing and lots of other things have to be right... it's much harder than we're all led to believe.

Perhaps knowing that DH will not be deploying again will remove some of the stress of feeling like you are on a time schedule, kwim? If you don't feel like you have an exact deadline... perhaps you can let things be a bit more natural.

I wish you the best of luck.

July 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey sweetie! Hope it was just stress and things will calm down now!! Maybe that was IB..... ya never know! Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search