Ericas TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Because of this medicated cycle I decided to finally make a ttc journal.

So some history on me is i'm Erica, dh is J and we have been married since halloween of last year and have been ttc since early 08. It wasn't until last month that I finally was diagnosed with PCOS. Thankfully everything else turned out okay with me since I really worried about it.

So I decided this month to do a clinical trial over the lutrepatch. It's GnRh (one of the injectable drugs) in a patch form. It sends a dose of the drug through electrical type of currents so i'm scared of either 1.sweating on it or 2.getting splashed in some way since your not suppose to get water on it. Also that I may get a placebo. So please keep your fingers crossed we get an actual dose of it or the clomid (or placebo) its suppose to come with.

I started taking progesterone on friday and ended it on tuesday. Two days later I started spotting and af has fully made an appearance today. Because the office is closed on my cd3 I go in cd5 for bloodwork/ultrasound and my first patch. Yay!

to all of you.

May 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh - how crazy and excited - I can't wait to read about your journey!!
May 29th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I'm excited you started a journal Erica!!!

May 30th, 2009, 06:40 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Erica!!!! How exciting, I really hope that this is what you need to get your BFP!!! I have also been TTC since 2008 and although in comparison to some JM members it hasn't been that long~ it feels like a trillion years! I am glad that you now have the info that you need to continue your journey! Good luck sweetie
May 30th, 2009, 06:16 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello Erica! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and to follow your journey. Hope the medicated cycle works and we get to see that BFP soon! Best of luck!

May 30th, 2009, 10:03 PM
So even though this is not ttc related I figured I would go ahead and put this in there. Why would a workplace want you to work 6/7 hours after your last shift? I had to close tonight and I got off of work at 11:10 and now I have to go back at like 6/6:30. I'm seriously considering calling really early in the morning and seeing if I can come in later. It's such BS.

And only like 2 more days until I will have my license, yay!

Last edited by hearts.0nfire; May 31st, 2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: because i said i'd come in early instead of later
May 30th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I think they have to pay you extra here in Canada to do that, or it's not allowed or something, I don't know the actual rule...but I know that it is not generally done that's for sure!! (I think the only exception may be nurses) but I'm pretty sure they have to give you 12 hours between shifts...??? NO wait...maybe it's 8...either way that sucks.

June 1st, 2009, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think here in Canada they have to give you 8 hours between shifts. I'm sorry they're working you so hard.

Today is the day you get your license!
June 1st, 2009, 09:37 AM
So I went to the clinic to start my patch/clomid. I also had to get an ultrasound done and blood work for the missed cd3.

This is the patch. Every 1 1/2 hrs it starts beeping and send the gnrh, and it burns a bit! I didn't realize this but i'll be taking it for a whole month! Please keep your fingers crossed that it works and i'm part of the 1/3 of the group thats gotten pg.

And in a few hours (at 1pm central) i'll be going to get my license (hopefully!) and unfortunately will be getting another pulse then so it'll suck a bit. I'll update later if I get my license or not.

June 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
fingers crossed that you get your license!!!

June 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM
I did! I was suprised at how simple it was, but I finally have it. Yay!

June 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Erica!! ahhh im so excited you finally started your journal! now I can check in on you more often!!! I'm glad you are getting everything squared away with your health!! That should get you moving in the right direction!!

June 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Congratulations!

I hope that you are on the drug and that it does the trick for you.
June 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that you got the drug and that it does its magic!!
Congrats on getting your license!
June 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Congrats Erica! Hope that you get your BFP soon
June 1st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Congrats on getting your license Erica!! Hope that the meds. bring you your BFP
June 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
Yippee for having your license now.

I hope that you are on the drug, and that you are on the right track to getting your

June 3rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
So this is going into day 4 of the treatment.

I'll be finishing with the clomid/placebo tomorrow (friday) and so far i've put the patch on arms and abdomen and OMG it hurts on my stomach! On my arms it just kind of burns but definitely itches, but on my stomach it really burns!

The marks don't hurt from it go away after a day, but so far every night I wake up every 1 1/2 hrs because i'll feel the burning/itching. Ick.

On a kind of cute note, Dh's dad asked about why I was wearing a patch and because we live in the same house ended up explaining what it is. He ended up coming down to our room this afternoon and asked if because of the patch were trying to make him a grandpa. I said yeah because I'd rather be honest and he had a really cute grin after hearing that. He has a "step grand daughter", though i'm not entirely sure how this relationship works out and he just loves her to death. Everytime he talks about her or shows me pictures, even having interaction with my little second cousins it really makes me excited about getting pg and letting him have an official grandbaby.

I'm so hoping it'll be safe too to bd every other day (except for the weekends since its really uncomfortable to with family here) until O day. X fingers crossed X

June 4th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
awwwww yoru FIL is sooo sweet!! I hope you make him an official grandpa soon!!!! Doesn't honesty feel great!?!?! good luck sweety!! what CD are you on???

June 4th, 2009, 06:32 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, I didn't know you decided to do this!! I'm very interested in seeing how it all goes!! How exciting!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search