Coley's TTC #1 Journal...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 09:13 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been reading through some of the other journals on here for a while now, and I've finally decided to start my own. I suppose it's best to start at the beginning with a, hopefully, brief history.

I'm Nikki (34) and DH is Dan (31). We've been together for over 9 years now and our only children are Cinder (Border Collie Mix) and Little (Egyptian Mau - cat)

I became pregnant back when I was 18 years old... suffice it to say, that didn't work out.

Many people say they always knew they wanted to be/were meant to be a doctor, lawyer, computer geek, business person, etc. For me... I knew I wanted to be a mother, I was meant to be a mother. I wanted to be the mom that is there to make the boo boos better, the mom that has the hot cocoa and fresh chocolate chip cookies waiting after school on a snowy day.

But these days, everyone wants so much "stuff" that most live by the "You have to have 2 incomes" rule. I never wanted to have a baby only to have to put it in daycare to head back into the rat race. I want to raise my baby, I want to be there for the 1st step, 1st word, etc. I count myself lucky that DH and I are COMPLETELY in sync on this.

I gained a ton of weight over the years and got up to 210 lbs. I then started having some digestive issues, which we thought might have been connected to my having my gallbladder removed. Tests ensued and no one could figure it out. If I had a dollar for every time I was told I had IBS... I could buy enough embryos to give the OctoMom a run for her money! LOL!

Since we were NTNP and had not had a single pregnancy, I began to worry that something was wrong. Even though I knew I had conceived when I was 18, that didn't mean all was well now. I went out and bought a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility to try and get a better understanding of what was going on.

I started charting my temps back in August/September '08 and continued through until December '08. We moved into our new house in January, which is why I got thrown off of my schedule. Once we were settled in, we decided that we would switch from NTNP to full on TTC. I pulled out my temps from August-December and finally "charted" them out and was horrified to see a couple of annovulatory cycles, a cycle with a 5 day LP... things were just crazy!

I've since lost ALL of that extra weight, I am now down to about 120-125 lbs. I feel great, almost all of the digestive stuff has gone away except for a pretty intense Lactose sensitivity, but considering my ethnic background it seems that's not anything to worry about. I literally have so much more energy now, it's fantastic.

Living in Philly was too much for us. Too much traffic, too many people, too little space. Our stress levels have dropped so much since we moved into the new house. We've felt so much closer, more intimate and connected too. Cinder loves her yard. We've been promising her one for years... now she's finally got it and you can tell she loves every blade of grass! We joke and say that we are Hobbits because the simple addition of our own plot of earth has made us all so much happier.

So in March/April I started charting again on CD 1. It was actually a healthy looking cycle. My temps bobbed along as they should. On CD 16 my temp clocked in at 97.2 and according to FF that was my O day. The following morning my temp had risen to 97.7. They stayed above the coverline for 13 days. I had a lot of symptoms that seemed to indicate that we had gotten pregnant. I had cramping at the time you'd expect implantation and I only EVER get cramps the 1st day of AF. I had severe nausea, vomiting, light headedness, overly emotional, weepy, the whole nine yards.

The worst day was 12 DPO. I was running errands for my dad (he is losing his sight, so he can't drive anymore and mom doesn't have her license). I was in the bank waiting for the teller to cash a check and I was so nauseous I had to lean my head on the counter. I literally felt my legs going weak, like I was going to fall over. I have felt like that one time before in my life. When I was 18 years old.

I woke to a temp of 97.8 the next morning which felt encouraging. Sadly, I began spotting which then turned to a very light flow, then light. The following morning my temp was 97.3 (which was my coverline temp) and I seemed to have a normal flow for one day. The next two days were light to spotty and that was it.

To this point, I still don't know what to make of that cycle. Part of me wonders if we experienced a very early miscarriage and part of me doesn't want to jump to that conclusion. I have excluded my whacked out charts from '08 on FF since I got the feeling that they could be throwing the stats off.

This month, the excitement was this past Thursday. I got my very first + OPK! I took a pic of it and put it on JM just to make sure it was really a +.

Everyone agreed that it was + alright! So, I texted DH to clear his schedule for the night! I had the same sharp stabby pain that I seem to get almost once a month. I've often wondered if I am feeling O pain. Anyway... we had BD'd the 2 days prior to the + OPK, then we BD'd the night of and the morning after the +. He woke me around 1:15 this morning to BD, he even had the Pre-Seed ready! LOL!

So, the thing rattling around in my brain now is this...

I got a + OPK on Thursday. Everything says that you usually O anywhere from 12-48 hours after that, yeah? Well... it's now Monday morning and this morning's temp was only 97.2. DH even asked why it was still so low. I had no answer. I said that I would post a thread on JM and ask the fantastic women here and see what they think.

After posting while waiting for answers, I decided to go look at my chart from last month. I was just curious if I could see any pattern from last month in this month. While I was looking over the temps, I thought I saw some similarities. So I looked closer and they are actually pretty close to one another. Once again, I'm on CD 16 and my temp is 97.2 just as it was last month. My CM is still watery, so my logical brain says I haven't O'd yet. Perhaps I was holding a bit too hard to the guidelines. Maybe it's just delayed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search