Drew's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
My husband and I have been TTC for 6 months. It gets so discouraging at times.
June 2nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Brittany 22 and my husband is Jason 23 - we're on cycle 7 right now. It can be very discouraging but it also can bring you a lot closer to your SO. I've learned a TON about myself and about him through the last few months and it's really great. It Will get you down if you let it, so don't! There are SO many WONDERFUL girls in here that are willing to support you in every step and listen to your vents so feel free to be yourself here. It's a really great place for TTC in each and every step of the way...even when you reach Grad status, Which you Will!

We aren't the ones who are going to tell you, "Relax and it'll just happen" or anything like that. Most are doing one form or another or MORE to reach the goal we're all striving for...

I'm temping/charting and using Preseed - Are you charting!?

Tell us about you!!!
June 2nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hi I'm Nancy. Brittany really gave you some heartfelt insight on JM. This journey is rough and seems a bit unfair that we all actually have to TTC when for many people they just get pregnant as a surprise. This is a place you can vent and celebrate and we will all always support you the best that we can. Welcome to JM and the journals! I hope we can help you in your journey and learn more about you!

June 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
I guess we figured that once we started trying it would just happen. I haven't tried anything so far, except BD, to get PG. I didn't think I would have to. I guess this is all sinking in that it could take a long time and be difficult to get PG. I never would have imagined I would be in this position. It doesn't help that we told people we decided to have a baby and they have started asking questions. It's starting to feel embarrassing. Have you all been through this?
June 2nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Super Mommy
If you talk to enough girls then you will find that we've all been through SOMETHING! We decided to start trying right after our wedding and when we weren't pregnant in the first few months I decided we had to do something. I have been temping and charting for 2 months now and we've used Preseed for 2 or 3 months.

We didn't initially tell anyone but a few of my close friends...then I was asking my mom and aunt a lot of questions and they started asking me if we were trying so I told them. Then they started annoying me about it and asking ALL the time so I recently told them I'm back on my BC pills and we weren't trying at all. lol It's the only way I could get them off my back. My mom was REALLY bad about it, taking pictures of my HPT's in my bathroom and sending pictures to friends/family (She has No tact whatsoever and it really hurt me). I can't say I'll be inviting her over anytime soon.

Sorry, didn't mean to go into a story in your journal!! It may help you to go through some of the Journals in here and read up on the girls and what's happening with them. Like I said, it's a process....the chances of getting pregnant Right away are very very low!

The easiest thing you can do is temping with a BBT (body basal thermometer) every morning at the same time and chart it, that way you know when you ovulate (after the fact but that's important!) and how long your Luteal Phase is which is also Super important. If you do that for a couple months then you can take that to your doctor, if you don't have something along those lines then they won't really know what to do with you. It's also a good learning tool, along with the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It will tell you everything you need to know and a lot of things no one Ever thought of telling us. OPK's (Ovulation Predictor Kits) can help you detect ovulation before it happens but I have no experience with those...yet. I wish you all the luck in the world, and feel free to get into the other journals and comment! Get to know the girls!!

Oh and sorry if I'm over-explaining, so much of this was foreign to me when we started TTC!

Last edited by J03B13; June 2nd, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
June 2nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
I guess I have some major reading to do so I can educate myself. This is all soooo new to me. Everyone in my family seems to get pregnant right away or on accident! Thanks for the advice!
June 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Super Mommy
Same here...You're SOO welcome!

Umm...just for your information, haha That book...looks huge! But it really isn't...part of it goes through Infertility and A LOT of it is index/appendix/charts...lol Just don't be afraid of the book! The book will take you through every step though and even explains charting/temping/OPK's and other things!
June 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
glad you're getting informed now.. something I've learned is that it can take healthy couples up to 18 months to get pg (so don't get discouraged).. there is also only slim chance of getting PG any month... things like preseed give the spermies a better chance of catching the eggie.. and charting really does teach you a whole heck of a lot about your body and cycle so you know the best days to BD and when you O!

We haven't told anyone we're TTC.. we had a loss last year and so we don't want pressure or people prodding in case it doesn't happen for us. It's been hard with all my friends/family getting PG so easily and most of them being "surprises".

June 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI Drew!! I feel exactly the same way! We are now on month #7 and I thought it would happen by now and month after month it sucks to watch it happen for people accidentally. Hope you find some comfort here! Everyone is great
June 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI Drew!! I feel exactly the same way! We are now on month #7 and I thought it would happen by now and month after month it sucks to watch it happen for people accidentally. Hope you find some comfort here! Everyone is great
June 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hi Drew! My name is Leslie (24) and my hubby is Alex (25). We tried for about three months before I got pregnant then I lost the baby at 5 weeks in May. We are currently taking a month "off" before we start trying again. I hope your stay is short and sweet here and you get pregnant very soon!
June 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed03 View Post
Hi Drew! My name is Leslie (24) and my hubby is Alex (25). We tried for about three months before I got pregnant then I lost the baby at 5 weeks in May. We are currently taking a month "off" before we start trying again. I hope your stay is short and sweet here and you get pregnant very soon!
That's so devastating. I had a miscarriage when I was 19 and it was so hard. At least we know that we CAN get pregnant right? I want a baby so badly it hurts.
June 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Drew! I'm Casey (29) married to Jeff (29). We have been ttc for 9 months/7 cycles. I have long anovulatory cycles and am on my 2nd round of clomid. I know how you feel about people asking questions. I really thought it would happen by our 3rd month. Boy was I ever wrong! I actually backtracked and told people we were no longer trying because we are buying a house. Now that we are close to closing I will have to think of something else to tell people. I really wish I would have never told people. The questions hurt almost as much as the BFNs and AF. Anyway, sorry about going on in your journal! Taking Charge of Your Fertility was a wonderful book and really helped me to learn what was going on in my body. If you are interested in charting it discusses this as well. A lot of us go to Fertilityfriend.com to chart. They have a free membership and also a VIP if you want some of the extra features. Hope your stay is short and sweet! Good luck! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

June 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Tonya and DH is Matt. We've been trying since November (even though that cycle started in September)...getting to know your body really helps and the girls around here know everything there is to know about this stuff...hope that you dont have to wait too much longer...
June 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I just found out last night that I am PG!
June 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
June 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Super Mommy
I guess you didn't need all that information! Congratulations!!!
June 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
I am so very exited and happy for you!!!:d hope your pregnancy goes very well!!!

June 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
congrats.....
June 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone!
Do you know it you can get a false positive with the tests?
Has that happened to anyone?
I ask because I am a bit paranoid and so I tested again this morning and it was negative this time. I used 2 this morning and they both said no. : (

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search