Erin's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Takinabreak
Well I know I'm super late getting this up and going, but I've been feeling a little out of the loop w/my TTC sisters since I don't have a journal happening. So here goes....

Quick background: DH Mike and I are both 30. We have been married one year and decided shortly after our wedding that we'd start ttc once we got our photo business up and running. DH has a 5 year old daughter from a previous relationship that I have my good and bad days with. I'll just say that I'm looking forward to starting our own family.

Fast Forward to January 09. I knew almost nil about temping/charting etc....we used the online calculators and opk's, which resulted in a BFN. I found JM in the meantime and found the ladies here SO helpful, I stuck around and began to learn all the tricks.

FF again to now, June. This will be my 6 month ttc using my full arsenal of ttc tricks...temping, charting, opks, prenatals, more water, preseed and the list goes on. I've recently begun taking EPO which has helped tremendously with my (lack of) ewcm issues, so I kind of feel like I'm just now starting out with all the right ingredients, so to speak.

In the meantime, my ob-gyn today has given me a fertility workup....bloodwork, SA for DH, ultrasound (possible endo) and a referral for an HSG. I'm trying to figure out if my insurance will pay for it or if I'll have to eat the cost, but I'd rather find out sooner rather than later if my tubes are clear or not.

I think thats about it for now!! I promise to be more active in the journal section, I can't believe its taken me this long to get one going!
June 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I'm glad you finally started a journal...I wondered how long you had been TTC for. I hope all your bloodwork and everything comes back normal, as well as DH's SA.

Last edited by Oreobaby; June 8th, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
June 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you have a really proactive OBGYN to already start testing. to what Marci said - I hope it all comes back clear.
June 1st, 2009, 06:02 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you started a journal...
And yea for a proactive OBGYN - good luck!
June 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAy for starting a journal Erin and I really hope that everything comes back okay with the fertility testing I'm about to start soon and I am scared. Good luck with everything and I hope you get your BFP soon!
June 2nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Takinabreak
Well couple things this morning.....1st of all, I'm SO happy for Marci and Krista. We all started on JM within a month or so of eachother, so this all gives me renewed hope! I know I havent been trying all that long, but I think it goes without saying that when months are divided up into 2 week sections, each one seems to drag on longer. I never thought I'd get PG right away, but I can say that 6 months didnt seem as long before ttc as it does now that I've lived it.

Anyways....my Dr's receptionist woke me up with the good news that my insurance company will cover the HSG after all. It will probably go toward my deductible, but even so, that's better than nothing.

Also....I broke down last night and told my Mom that we have been ttc since Christmas. I didn't want to tell her anything because I had envisioned surprising her completely with news I was pregnant, so this was kind of a bittersweet moment for me. She had troubles TTC as well, but I never knew the extent of it until last night. She and my Dad had tried for 2 years to have me. 2 freaking years! She was temping and charting as well, and they could find no reason for her infertility. Eventually she just gave up, and she and my Dad began the adoption process. The day of the first home visit, she found out she was PG with me. So of course, her advice was to relax, have some wine and just enjoy DH. I can't stand that advice, but she said that's what worked for her. When she released all the stress and worry and constant thoughts of wanting to be PG, it finally happened. Easier said than done, of course....

She also recommended that I go for the HSG and laproscopy, if only to mentally know what, if anything, I'm dealing with. Endometriosis is a concern, as I have always had excruciating menstrual cramps and painful intercourse as well. I'm just happy that my new Dr. is actually listening to my concerns for once and taking the steps towards me finding out for sure.

DH is getting his SA done tomorrow, but since he has a child already, I'm sure that will come back fine. I know things can change over time, but I would be completely shocked if the issue was with him and not me. At least we'll be able to rule it out.

I'm also having a bit of MIL drama that I'll have to post in a little while, because its a drawn out situation and probably deserves its own post, but I dont feel like dredging up emotions at the moment. I'd rather just be tickled pink for all the BFP's this morning and look forward to my own someday!
June 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I love journals! They are so much easier to follow than random posts and help me keep all the girls straight!

I'm so glad that your insurance is going to help out with all your fees! That's a blessing! It was also good to hear that you spoke with your mom. I actually got teary eyed. I'm trying to surprise my mom too... because last time we got a and had a loss and she was apart of that.. I want to wait a while to know the baby is healthy and we're in the clear. I'm glad your mom is really open with you and that you can relate. It must be awesome having someone so close to you that can offer support and advice from a similar situation. I hope everything with the docs go well and that your MIL drama subsides!

June 2nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
YAY for insurance coverage!!!!! Hope everything turns out okay That advice is the same advice that everyone I have told has given me. I just keep thinking about how to relax when I want it so bad? I haven't found a way yet, so let me know if you do Sorry about the drama and I hope that everything works out!
June 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Yippee for insurance coverage..that is awesome!!!

I know you will get your soon...I really hope that all your tests come back fine, and that DH's SA will be fine as well...I want every in the grads board.

June 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Takinabreak
So I'm feeling kind of crap today....while I am excited that I'm having the HSG done on Monday, I'm really nervous because they don't give you any kind of sedation or pain medication, and DH is not allowed to come with me I spoke with another hospital who advises a few motrin and then they sedate you. I guess I'm just feeling sad because I wish I didnt have to have this done in the first place....but since I DO, I just wish they could be a little more sympathetic? Maybe I'm just being a poor-me today. I can load myself up with ibuprofin, w/e, but I did want DH to be there with me.
June 4th, 2009, 10:44 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for starting a journal! I'm sorry you're nervous about the HSG. It does suck when DH can't be with you. Hopefully it will be quick and pretty painless! I'm glad you're getting all the testing done so you can get to that BFP that much sooner! If your mom had trouble TTC and with the pain, it is a possibility it could be endo. They say if you have a mom or sister with it, then your chances of having it are actually tenfold. My mom had no troubles conceiving, but she started early (like 16!) All of us were accidents. I hope you get good results!
June 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you finally got a journal!!! And awesome news on the insurance. Some is ALWAYS better than none!
I am sorry you are not having a very good day today. I hope it gets better. But just vent in your journal. That is what it is here for!!!!
GL on Monday!!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

June 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girlie! First, hooray for insurance coverage of the HSG- that is great news!! Secondly, I completely can sympathize with your wanting DH to be with you at the HSG... I did too. DH went to the hospital with me to do it, but he couldn't come in the room and I was sad. BUT, the good news is, it really doesn't hurt bad (just a bit uncomfortable) and it's over before you know it- I promise! And with the unfortunate pain you deal with during AF and such, I bet you have a much higher tolerance for pain than you think and the HSG will be a breeze. I can't wait to hear that you have the all clear early next week!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

June 4th, 2009, 12:55 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for starting your journal and yay for insurance covering your HSG! I'm sorry you have to do the HSG at all though. I really hope you get the answers you are looking for soon. Maybe the HSG will clean out those tubes a little and you can get your BFP soon. I really and truly hope so. Wishing you best of luck and I hope it doesn't hurt. KUP on the results.

June 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hope you are feeling better Erin! *HUGS*
June 4th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Takinabreak
Thanks ladies!!! And thanks Jackie, that makes me feel better...i've read some horror stories about how much this thing hurts!! I'll just be glad when Monday's over thats for sure Then I have a few days off and will be on a mini vaca!! I should be O'ing by the end of next week, but I'm not going to stress it this month. Just going to take it easy, have fun and see what happens. I can stress next month if not stressing doesnt work
June 8th, 2009, 06:57 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck today, sweetie!!! You're my newly assigned ttc buddy, and I need to keep extra close tabs on you now! I hope the HSG is a breeze!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

June 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for having Jackie as your buddy!! She rocks!! I hope your appointment is going well. I can't wait for you to get back and let us know how it went.

If it's any consolation, my parents also had a hard time conceiving. It took them 5, count 'em, FIVE years to get ME! So I'm living proof that while it may take a while, it DOES happen!

Sending tons of positive mojo your way!!

June 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope the HSG goes great! Best of luck!

June 8th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Takinabreak
I posted on the main board, but I'll update here also. HSG was, in Jackies words, a breeze! Almost painless, very similar to a normal pelvic exam. The radiologist was a female which helped me in the nerve department.

From what she said, which wasn't much, everything looks good. No blockages were mentioned, so hopefully I'll hear from my Dr soon to find out more in depth what is going on, if anything.

On another note, my Dr. said she is somewhat concerned with my bloodwork. My thyroid levels are low, and she'd like me to come back for more testing. I guess its not a hard fix? She said I'd just have to take supplements to get my levels balanced if indeed they are 'off'. I was going to stop in on my way home from the HSG, but somehow I turned my car in the opposite direction which I'm sure had nothing to do with my irrational fear of needles I'll go back in soon though, I promise. Probably with DH behind the wheel so I have no choice but to arrive there.

Other than that, my weekend was super busy and I've got lots to catch up on with my JM friends!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search