Coley TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree440Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2009, 08:40 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Danny sounds so adorable...I love that he is so excited about your temps, and knows exactly what day it is in your cycle...that is so cute!!

As for the S/A...if he feels up to it, its actually a bit of a relief to the guys to have it done, specially if they get good results

Sorry that everybody knows that you are TTC...that stinks...I was fairly open about it with my good friends at a certain point (just cause it was taking so long), but I was also open that it is not easy, so they were pretty gentle with me about it...

I hope this is the lucky cycle!!
PS-I swear by the B6...I was absolutely religious about taking it last cycle, and it worked perfectly!!
July 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Can't believe Danny offered to get S/A done. I had to talk Maurice into doing it. BUt it one more thing to cross of the list...
I'm sorry everyone knows ye are trying. It's great that danny is excited but not when people keep asking about it.
My close friends know but I asked them to stop asking me how TTC was going I said it was too upsetting when I'd no news and then on the days I feel like talking about it I know they are there.

[SIZE="3"]

July 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hey coley! I'm sorry Af showed this last cycle. About the high temp you experienced, I read that even through AF your temps can stay high and then lower at the end of her visit.

It's so awesome that your DH is so into everything about TTC. That's how my hubby is but him and I are pretty private people. I would try and have the nicest sweetest talk with him about how you love how he's so open about it but it's hard.

I liked keeping everything between us in case it took longer than expected to conceive... I recommend keeping things on the D-L even when you do get your in case something happens. I know it's hard to contain but i think it makes it easier just to have close family know.

Well I hope you get to have an easter bunny surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still rooting for you!!! catch that eggie!!
July 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah... after thinking about it... considering he knows how this particular friend is... he'll probably understand exactly where I'm coming from with that. I don't mind when my mom asks... maybe that's cuz it's my mom! LOL! It just feels awkward when I say I'm not pregnant and then there's this kinda big heavy silence and I feel compelled to quickly change the subject and it's just... awkward.

Luckily our insurance doesn't require us to get referrals, so we can just go see whoever we like. I just need to find out what our insurance actually covers fertility-wise, if anything. I wonder if they cover testing but just not treatment. I'll have to read through our policy stuff.

I'm with you Nan... I wanna do the whole D-L thing. Obviously, I don't want to think about anything bad happening... but you never know and it would be even worse to then have to tell everyone. Ugh.. I'll pass on that, thanks!

Now I get to sit here and wait... and wait. In case anyone was curious... I AM NOT A GOOD WAITER!

I suppose I could always start the Days Til 1st OPK countdown... maybe that'll make the next 7-8 days go by more quickly.

July 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
Danny sounds so adorable...I love that he is so excited about your temps, and knows exactly what day it is in your cycle...that is so cute!!

As for the S/A...if he feels up to it, its actually a bit of a relief to the guys to have it done, specially if they get good results
Ditto! I don't say anything to anyone about us ttc but DH told a friend of his that we were having no luck, only because that friend and his wife have been trying without success also.

DH will not be able to hold that information in (when we get preggos) so I will let him tell the world and if something goes sour we'll just deal with it then...God forbid! I've decided that I'm not going to live in fear of my pregnancy.

Lastly, I've also heard that temps can be erratic during menses, so I wouldn't worry too much about that high temp.
July 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Nikki, I'm sorry about people putting even more pressure on you even though they don't know it or mean to. I'm glad Danny is so onboard with your ttc, my DF is too and I couldn't imagine if I couldn't talk to him about everything that is going on!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 8th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I think I tend to get a bit edgy with her because she and her husband don't want to have kids. Now, they both have medical issues that they are concerned about passing on... which is a very mature and responsible position to take. But they will never have to tread this path... and maybe that's why I feel like even though she says she understands... she doesn't.

I talked to my mom today which was nice. She didn't ask about my chart, which was a huge relief because I would've had to tell her about another bust. Sigh. Anyway... she had recently mentioned wondering where an old friend of hers (Aunt Paula) was. I told her to try looking online. Well apparently she took my advice and found her!! My mom called, left a message and she called back that night!

She said they talked for about 2 hours. She asked about me and said that she almost fell over when my mom told her that I'm 34 now. She said she just can't imagine it. Mom told her that we are trying for a baby and that we aren't having much luck. Along came the age old "Relax blah de blah de crap on a fork" I let it slide. Mom knows where I'm "living" right now... so it didn't even need to be said, kwim?

Not really tired... so I figured I'd kick around over here... pass some time. Thinking about my strategy for this cycle. I'm wondering if maybe we should back down the BD'ing a bit. Danny gets a bit like a duck on a June Bug when he knows it's getting close to O time. He's wantin' to do it every time I turn around and I've been reading that he may not be allowing enough time for his... ahem... soldiers to... "form up" as it were. Obviously when we've got a +OPK, all systems are GO... but leading up to O... I think we must chill.

Well, I suppose that's enough ramblings for the night. Hope you are all resting peacefully in your beds. Really hope I will be able to do the same here shortly.

July 9th, 2009, 06:48 AM
My doc said to not dtd for about 3 days before O time....so that the spermies can build up and then every day until O was fine.

good luck with whatever strategy you take!
July 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! Hope everything is going well. Sorry about the extra TTC pressure, believe me I know how it feels Everyone knows about us and IT SUCKS! It's great that your DH is so supportive! I hope your plan leads to your BFP!!!!
July 10th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Just popping in to say hi... Our dr also told us to take a break before O so the spermies can build up strength...
So new plan might be just wants needed. Good luck honey

[SIZE="3"]

July 10th, 2009, 06:49 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How wonderful that your DH is so involved and interested in your cycle. That's awesome! I had originally told people we were ttc but was pretty sorry I ever mentioned it! I hated the constant "are you pregnant yet?" questions and the looks like there was something wrong with me since it was taking so long. Anyway, I really hope you catch it this cycle and that your DH's S/A comes back great!
July 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks girls! You guys rock!!

Yeah... Danny is one in a million, I tell ya. I could not ask for better.

So my temps are nice and low... just as they should be. They look like they have been diving off a cliff for the past few days! LOL!!

So, we are getting ready for a camping trip tomorrow. We are going down to a friend's family beach house. It's her birthday this weekend and she wanted all of us to come down, camp and have a cookout.

So... since I'm the one with the most free time and the kitchen talents, I ran and did all the food shopping. I made 16 homemade burgers, I got hot dogs, I've got a batch of macaroni salad and a batch of pasta salad that I'm in the process of making now. I always have to make two different salads, because Danny's not a huge fan of mayonnaise based salads... so I always make him a vinaigrette based salad.

I've pulled out the tent, but I still need to clean out the cooler, pack pillows, blankets, clothes AND my thermometer! It'll be interesting to see what my temp is after a night of sleeping outside! Might be wacky!

I'm pretty excited about the trip. Danny and I haven't been to the beach together since we went to Ocean City, MD back in 2002! That was a FANTASTIC weekend! We walked along the shore in the moonlight... it was just really nice. Unfortunately it won't be that romantic this time, because we won't be alone, but it'll still be fun. I hope.

The friend whose birthday it is tends to have a bit of drama in her life lately. Recently out of an abusive marriage, constantly fighting with her ex, single mom to a 3 year old who is acting out because of all of the drama between her parents, living with her mom and struggling with that... oy... just thinking about it makes me feel stressed.

That would be the reason why we haven't asked anyone to come over and check on the dog for us on Sunday. That gives us an "out" in the event things start to get hairy and we wanna beat it earlier. HA!! Aren't I terrible?

Seriously though... I just feel like I don't need or want any stress right now. I'm trying to keep my body and mind in a positive relaxed vibe... and people fighting and sniping with each other is not in any way conducive to that goal. I'm too much of an empath. I feel very deeply and I tend to experience the emotions that are being expressed around me even when they have nothing to do with me. It becomes a bit of overload sometimes and can be hard to compartmentalize.

I am optimistic that things will go well though and that a good time will be had by all. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend if I don't talk with any of you beforehand!!

July 10th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanna come to one of your trips! We always get frozen hamburger patties and store bought salads! Have a great weekend

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
YIKES!!! Camping....I don't like it because it is just soooo hot down here! Camping in the 100 degree weather with no breeze is "no bueno" !!!

Hope you have fun! I hope you're going to let all your friends know "if the tent is a rockin' don't come a knockin'

(sorry I just had to say that)
July 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you have fun on your camping trip...sounds like fun!

July 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Oh sounds fab I've never been camping but lways wanted to try it ( a bit cold and windy in Ireland ) I hope you have a great time and there will be no major drama's to report.
Hope ye get to sneak away on yer own for that moon light romantic walk on the beach.
Have fun honey.

[SIZE="3"]

July 13th, 2009, 04:40 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Nikki! Hope you had a great time on your camping trip!! Sounds like it's gonna be tons of fun!
July 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Have fun on the camp out! It sounds like a good time. I know Dh would be really happy if I ask you this... how do you make homemade burgers without them shrinking to bits or falling apart. We get the leanest meat and we still suck!! HELP!
July 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Well, I'm back from the beach. We got home yesterday afternoon and were so busy unpacking, tending to the furbabies and getting settled back in, that I never got a chance to log on.

We left Saturday morning and had a fairly easy trip. Traffic wasn't too bad, which was nice. We dropped all our stuff off at the house and then headed to the beach. It was a really nice day, although it was a bit windier than I would've preferred. Danny wanted to get in the water, so we did. It was a bit cool at first, so he kept splashing me! GRR! LOL!

We threw a football around, then once I got better at throwing and catching, Danny started tackling me! LOL!! I didn't realize at first that it was a private beach, but that explained why it wasn't super crowded and why people were able to have alcohol out in the open.

It was a little tough for me because the B-day girl has a little 3 year old and her sister & BIL have a 4 year old and a 3 year old. Watching them play with their kids gave me a few pangs of wishing it was us... it seems like everywhere you go, there are happy families with their little kids. I didn't get upset or anything... but it crept into my mind.

We got back to the house and badly needed a shower to get rid of all the sand and salt water. Danny and I jumped in together and the next thing you know... there were um... shenanigans. HA!! Chrissy was right... running around in a bikini DOES equal hot lovin'!!!

Danny fired up the grill and I wound up being taken hostage by all the kids! They surrounded me on the floor with all their toys wanting me to play with them. LOL! So we played with Leah's Pet Shop animals, David's Super Hero toys and Noelle's dolls. Then Leah threw the Hulk at David's head which made him burst into tears. Before I even thought about it, I was rubbing his little head, drying his tears and trying to make him feel better.

Everyone raved about the food... which made me happy. I was glad everyone enjoyed it. After we ate, we sat around the screened in porch listening to music and talking. Somehow TTC came up, so we had a bit of a chat about that. Bless Danny's heart, he started throwing around TTC terms that the "parents" in the room knew nothing about, so we had to try to explain. LOL!

We finally headed to our tent around 1:15 am and had some GREAT lovin'!! Might be TMI... but it was really passionate and really GOOD. Our bed frame is kinda... creaky. So at home, we find that we're always worried that one of the "kids" might be under the bed and we might crush them! HA!! Well, we had a futon mattress in our tent and it seemed that without the creaky frame, we were FINALLY able to have some really good sex. I told Danny I'm inclined to take our bed frame apart and put our boxspring and mattress on the floor until we get a new frame if it means we can BD like that!!!

Sunday morning we woke up and temping went right out the window, because Danny woke me up to BD again... we tried, but his sunburned belly kinda killed the mood.

We all had coffee and Wacky Cake (family b-day cake) in the morning. We tore down our tent and packed up the car. We went down and checked on their crab pot, which had only about 2 or 3 keepers in it. We even saw jellyfish swimming in the water, which was really cool!!

We thanked everyone for having us, jumped in the car and headed on home. The drive home was really uneventful. We were worried we might run into everyone else coming home from the beach, but that wasn't the case. After we unloaded everything NFL Network was showing a replay of the Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys Wild Card game from last season! Woo Hoo!!

So overall, we had a fantastic weekend. We felt very connected, very much in love and very happy. A great way to kick off the week leading up what should be our fertile time!!

July 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like yall had a great time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search