Coley TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree440Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2009, 01:55 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great get-a-way! And yay for getting some good lovin' in!!! Beach love is always the best.

It's so hard for me to see families together too...I cant go to our neighborhood pool b/c I don't want to see moms swimming with their babies...it hurts.

Im glad yall had a wonderful time and some great together time with each other.

July 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you had a great time away!! I am going to be watching your chart this cycle and sending you my best baby dust!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a really fun weekend girl!

July 13th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys! It really was a great time.

Nan... I tend not to use really lean beef for burgers. I find that it tends to dry out and such. Whenever I'm making burgers for the grill I always use 80/20 beef because as they are grilling, the majority of the fat melts and drips away onto the coals anyway. You'll also need some kind of a binder. You can use an egg, a bit of beer, worcestershire sauce or even just plain water, although it doesn't bring much flavor to the party. As far as the shrinkage is concerned, make the burgers FAT. I generally start out with what looks like a really BIG meatball, and then I flatten them to about 1 1/2-2 inches thick. HTH!!

July 13th, 2009, 09:43 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a great weekend get-away! Hope you O soon and catch that eggie! Crossing my fingers for you!
July 13th, 2009, 09:44 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!! What an absolutely WONDERFUL weekend Nikki - I'm so happy you had sucj a great time (shenanihans included)
July 13th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I hope so too Casey!! I am soooo ready! Don't mind me as I rub up against you hopin' for some of your luck to rub off on me!!

July 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rub away! Hahaha! Hope it works!
July 14th, 2009, 08:13 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post

Nan... I tend not to use really lean beef for burgers. I find that it tends to dry out and such. Whenever I'm making burgers for the grill I always use 80/20 beef because as they are grilling, the majority of the fat melts and drips away onto the coals anyway. You'll also need some kind of a binder. You can use an egg, a bit of beer, worcestershire sauce or even just plain water, although it doesn't bring much flavor to the party. As far as the shrinkage is concerned, make the burgers FAT. I generally start out with what looks like a really BIG meatball, and then I flatten them to about 1 1/2-2 inches thick. HTH!!
I use 96/4 beef/sirloin for burgers and I hear comments all the time about how dry they are going to be, but everyone is always amazed at how juicy they are! I always add 1/2 ranch packet and a dash of cayenne pepper along with some other spices for flavoring and dang they are good!!!

Do you ever put the cheese in the middle? I've started doing that (I'll mix cheeses like swiss & cheddar) and it is really ooey gooey and good!
July 14th, 2009, 08:16 AM
So I'm hating the way my chart looks right now. I'm used to my Pre-Ov temps being low and fairly close together. They are all over the freakin' place this month... it looks like a giant ugly "U"

I know it's early in my cycle and it doesn't mean anything and it doesn't matter and blah de blah de blah... but it just doesn't look anything like any other chart I've ever had and I don't like it! (folding arms across chest & pouting) LOL!!

I'm not used to my Pre-Ov temps being this high. 97.7 this morning! At this rate I have NO idea where FF will put my cover line!

I'm sure it's probably nothing to worry about... but it just seems... odd.

July 14th, 2009, 08:50 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Nikki! YAY for camp lovin Looks like it is about that time for you again! Don't worry about crazy charts~ I actually think that your chart looking different is a good thing Hope you catch that eggie girl! Looks like you already got a very good start Have a great day!!!
July 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yummm.... I want a burger! I don't even really eat burgers - but they just sound so good!

July 15th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Lee Ann... I haven't done the cheese in the center of the burgers yet... but I'm planning on it. I've seen tons of recipes like that and they look SOOOOO good! I was going to do that for the trip, but I wasn't sure if everyone wanted cheese, and with the cheese in the center, it'd be hard to remember which ones had cheese and which ones didn't! LOL!! Turns out there were some people who didn't want cheese, so it worked out.

So my temp went back down today... back to the exact same temp as the day before yesterday. I was kinda thinking that maybe since all of my other charts resulted in BFN's, maybe this chart looking totally different is a good thing. That's Danny's theory... he said "This'll probably be the month you get knocked up because your chart is all different." HA HA!!

Had to pick up a new bottle of Robitussin last night. I swear to all that is holy in this world that I HATE that stuff! But if it brings me a baby... then it'll be worth it. I start making sounds like a cat coughing up a hair ball before I even get the little cup up to my lips! HA HA!!!

Here are some of the pics from our trip

Yay!! Such a fun time and some great memories!! Lovin' my $10 bathing suit!!

July 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann View Post
I use 96/4 beef/sirloin for burgers and I hear comments all the time about how dry they are going to be, but everyone is always amazed at how juicy they are! I always add 1/2 ranch packet and a dash of cayenne pepper along with some other spices for flavoring and dang they are good!!!

Do you ever put the cheese in the middle? I've started doing that (I'll mix cheeses like swiss & cheddar) and it is really ooey gooey and good!
Now youve got me all drooling over here over ooey gooey cheesburgers, MAN that sounds delish!!

Nikki- dont get down about your chart already!!!!!!!! Stay positive! Ive had a couple of hellacious () charts end in a BFP...one of them we only bd'd THREE full days before O and got pregnant! So dont get down just yet, you havent even O'd yet!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 15th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks Ash!! I'm keepin' my fingers crossed. Here's hopin' wacky turns out to be lucky!!

July 15th, 2009, 10:58 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Skinny mama! That was a good buy for $10. Glad you had fun! Your chart is just like mine, just turned upside down! You should be o'ing this weekend, right!!! Fun, fun, fun!
July 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I didnt even see the pics! Great buy for $10! I need a new suit! Even though I know exactly what Jason would say "Ummm no you dont, what about the 12 different ones you already have"
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM
LOL!!! Makin' me blush!! hee hee!

Yeah, Old Navy has a ton of tops and bottoms for $5 bucks a piece... which is great because you can pick the right size for your top and the right size for your bottom. I always hate when it's sold together because it seems like the bottoms will fit great, but the top will be too small. So it's great when you can mix and match... and for $5 bucks each piece... you can't beat that!!

Ash... you've just got to tell him that you need options!! It's just like shoes!! HA HA!!

July 15th, 2009, 01:21 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your suit is so cute- and only $10?! I never find good deals like that! And uhhh, the beach- those pics make me miss it! I haven't seen the beach in 5 years since our honeymoon! And yeah- you'll probably be O'ing already this weekend!! Time for bd'ing! Woo hoo!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 15th, 2009, 01:26 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the opposite problem. My bottom half is bigger than my top so either the top will fit and I'm hanging out the bottom or the bottom will fit and the top's too big! I love seperates too! And don't worry about crappy charts. If you want to feel better about your chart you can just look at mine! I'm totally craving burgers now too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search