Coley TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree440Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crystal - Considering the news you got today, I'll take it with more than a grain of salt, if you don't mind! LOL!! You're right though, I should let the software do it's thing instead of monkeying around with it to make it look like I think it should look.

It's just so weird, because according to FF, I'm 7 DPO and I totally don't feel like anything is happening this month. Aside from me being really easily irritated with DH today at the DMV! We still hadn't switched our licenses and stuff from PA to DE, so we went to do that today. He told me he had looked online and found what we needed and we were good.

Well, we get there and we don't have the stuff needed for me. It's not a big deal really, we just have to get the stuff and go back, but man was I irritated!! I started shoving stuff back in my wallet all huffy. DH actually asked me when we got in the car "Are you okay? I thought you were gonna cry in there."

Jackie - I took the OPK results out (before I logged on here) and it moved O day to CD 15. But after reading everyone's thoughts, I put it back in and I'm just going to leave it be.

My temp this morning was 97.9 so we're on a steady uptick. Let's hope it's a trend!!

June 4th, 2009, 07:13 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a plan, either way, I hope those temps keep climbing!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

June 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
You kidding Chrissy?!? You're like 15-20 mins from me... I'm only in Wilmington!

HAHAHA! I always think DE is so far for some reason
I live in the Bridesburg section of Philly! I used to teach in Chester, so I was down that way a lot. Yay for the PA girls!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY FRIDAY
June 5th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
haha huffing and puffing huh??? yup, sounds like me....and every woman at certain times of the month. LOL
your chart looks great!!! omg I SO hope this is your cycle!!!! i hope AF STAAAAYYYYS AWAYYYYY!!!!
I will be stalking you FOR SURE!!!! I hope you are going to stay busy this weekend and keep your mind off of waiting. And maybe next week you will have your BFP!!
When do you plan on testing??
June 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Entry #4

Happy Happy Friday!!

Temps are still on the climb... granted they are small increments, but they are still going up and that's what counts. I'm really trying to take a lighter approach to the whole symptom watch this cycle, and maybe that's because I don't think I've felt that much really.

DH's little brother is graduating from high school today, which under normal circumstances would seem to not really be a HUGE deal. However, DH's family has had some really rough patches. DH had some struggles early on due to his parents divorcing, his dad remarrying a Harpy-Shrew who hated him because he looks like his mother and the Harpy-Shrew was unable to have a baby of her own. Luckily, FIL did leave her, eventually.

DH's one sister got pregnant at 16 and his other sister just recently admitted that she has a drug problem. So his brother graduating high school today with a 3.5 GPA is a pretty big freakin' deal!! He's actually talking about going to an Aeronautical university. I'm so proud of him!!

So, BIL calls while DH and I are at Johnnie's Dog House the other day (mmmm! soo good!!) to find out if DH is coming to his graduation. DH tells him he doesn't think he can make it. After he hangs up, I ask him what the deal was and he tells me that BIL wanted him to come to graduation, but he only has 1 ticket left, so he wasn't going to go because there wasn't a ticket for me. (Bless him)

I told him he shouldn't miss his brother's graduation just because I can't go. I think it's sweet and darling that he would think to stay home with me, but it's silly. So I told him "We're so proud of him, this is a big deal and you should be there. Don't worry about me, I'm a big girl, I can be left home alone." LOL!! Really it wasn't even a question for me... he should be there, period.

I said "You call him back right now and tell him that you will be there." So DH called back and everyone was very happy that he'd be there. I told him that he's the big brother, he's the eldest, and he's the most successful in his family. It's important for him to be a presence and a role model to his younger siblings. Granted, some of them have made a real mess of things, but they are still young and they can still turn things around. If they see what their brother has done amid all of the struggles he's had in life, he can be a real example of possibility to them.

So, I'm bummed that I won't see DH until late tonight because the graduation doesn't start until 6:30 and it's about a 2 hour drive from us. I know he said he wants to talk to his brother about his future, what he wants to do, etc. So, it'll probably be LATE tonight when he gets home.

BUT... I'm happy, because he's going to be coming home with my new kitten!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited to be getting a new 6 week old furbaby!!! Oooh, I just can't wait for him to get here so I can love him all up!! We weren't supposed to be getting the kitten until next weekend, but since DH is going up for the graduation today, it made sense to bring him home tonight.

I really wish it would stop raining. I still have a lilac bush, cherry blossom and maple tree to mulch and this rain is keeping me from getting it done. Luckily, we got a lot done on Sunday and Monday with the beds, but those trees still need to be done, and I really want this pile of mulch out of my driveway!

I think this is gonna be a movie watchin', stayin' in bed with the furbabies kinda day.

June 5th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwjones View Post
haha huffing and puffing huh??? yup, sounds like me....and every woman at certain times of the month. LOL
your chart looks great!!! omg I SO hope this is your cycle!!!! i hope AF STAAAAYYYYS AWAYYYYY!!!!
I will be stalking you FOR SURE!!!! I hope you are going to stay busy this weekend and keep your mind off of waiting. And maybe next week you will have your BFP!!
When do you plan on testing??
I'm hoping that the addition of the new kitten will keep me pretty well preoccupied. Plus, DH just bought a Wii, he's been wanting one forever, so we've been playing with that too. So, hopefully I'll have plenty to do.

It's so strange... while I don't feel like anything is happening this cycle, I feel like my chart actually looks the most promising, if that makes any sense?

As for testing... that's the big question. When, oh when to test! I haven't really decided yet. I'm not feeling the itch to test yet, so that's a good thing. I'm definitely going to ride out the weekend... Monday will put me at 11 DPO, we'll see how psychotic I feel by then!! HA!!

June 5th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Climb temps climb!!! And a big congrats to your DH's brother!!! That's wonderful! And I'm so jealous of a new kitten!! With our 5 years "no kids no pets" rule, we don't have any furbabies (except a beta fish lol). My parents have lots of cats (whole other story), and there is always a baby in the mix that I just fall in love with. I know DH will let me have one once we have a baby (2 against 1, he'll have no chance!), but for now, he doesn't want one. Have fun loving up that new kitty!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

June 5th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah Jackie, DH and I are total animal people. We actually got our dog when we had only been together about 6 months! When I think back on it, that's a HUGE commitment that early on in a relationship, but I always had a feeling that he was the one, so it worked out! The most we had was 2 dogs and 2 cats! That was a three ring circus!

Crystal - I was reading your post on Nan's journal... "And honestly my BBS are NO where as sore as they have been before. And I feel the same, THEY AREN'T EVEN BIGGER!!"
I feel the EXACT same way. My bbs are nowhere near as sore as they have been the past 2 months and they don't feel as heavy as they've felt before. And didn't you have O pain on your left side this month? I thought I remembered reading a post about pain on your left side this cycle.

June 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy for your BIL AND that your DH is attending his graduation. You are so right, he should be there. You are such a great wife to push him to go!!! Awwwwe a new kitten!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE kittens. I would have a million kittens if I could...but not cats. LOL I like when they are little but then they turn to b*****s when they get older. lol Well, some do. I love my cat though...he rocks!!
You will have to post a new pic of your kitten!!!!
Yes, I did have O pain. It wasn't the day I Oed I don't think....but it was around O time. I also had some pains and/or twinges a few days before I tested. It felt like AF was coming...like cramps. But...well, you know.
Glad you are going to have a good weekend and you will have plenty to occupy your time!!! Enjoy the kitty!!! I can't wait till Monday!
June 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Awww... you're so sweet!

I LOVE kittens too!! They are so tiny and fluffy and their tiny little meow is sooo cute!! I will definitely post a pic of him!! I always told DH if I ever had a ton of money, I'd buy a big plot of land and make it into an animal sanctuary. I can't stand going to the SPCA because I want to take them all home!

I do think DH is gonna cut me off at 2 cats now though. LOL!

June 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Speaking of cats....I found out at the clinic yesterday, from the nurse...that: If you are pregnant you can NOT change the litter box. It is not harmful to you but can cause birth defects to your unborn child. The parasites in the cat's urine, when inhaled can cause this. She gave me gloves and masks in case I absolutely HAVE to change it. But she said I CAN'T! So, I am fine with that!! DH has to do it now!! So, be careful!!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

June 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I'm so happy to hear that your BIL is graduating with such a high GPA! good for him and I'm glad your DH will be there cheering him on!

Congrats on your new kitty. Boy or girl and what's it's name?? If I don't PG by september I'm getting another boxer. =0 )

I've got the testing itch... i wish i had more self control lol.. and i wish my body would cut the crap already and stop toying with my mind. Have a great weekend!

June 5th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Crystal - Yeah, I did know about that. Luckily, the cat box has always been a chore that DH has done. It's funny, I never mentioned anything about cat boxes and pregnant ladies to him, right?

So last night he goes into the bathroom with the fresh litter and a garbage bag to change the box. A few minutes later I hear "Hon!! Can you get me another bag? I had a bit of an accident." So I grab a fresh bag for him and come to the bathroom. I'm standing outside the door and I start to push it open, he reaches out, grabs the bag and says "Ok, now get out of here." HA HA!!

Nan - Our newest addition is a little boy. MIL has been calling him TJ, but we won't be keeping that name. I'm one of those people that needs a day or so with an animal to see what their name should be, if that makes any sense?

I'd have the itch too if I were 10 DPO and had temps as high as yours!!! Holy crap woman!

June 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Ok... DH isn't home and I'm bored now. LOL!! I'm so used to having him here!

I've been feeling a little bit of abdominal discomfort. I'm not exactly sure what that's about. I didn't eat anything funky. I had some sharp pains a bit earlier, they didn't last long, but now I've got a... I don't even know really how to describe it. It's kinda like a combination of the day before AF feeling and the crampy way your tummy feels right before you get diarrhea.

June 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
O my gosh!! I am having the same kind of pain right now. I feel like I need to go #2/cramps. It is weird. Maybe this is a good sign for you!!!!!
June 5th, 2009, 07:53 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that it is a good sign for you - your temps look great!

And, yea for a new kitten and not having to change the litter box
June 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Entry #5

Temp still high this morning. Woo Hoo!
Bbs still nowhere near as sore as last month, which seems really strange.
Tummy is a bit grumbly, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm hungry. LOL!

As for the new kitten... can I just say, OMG, what a little slice of heaven!!
Here he is...

He is only 6 weeks old and only 2-3 days off the bottle and completely human bonded. He's a total explorer and not afraid or anything. When DH brought him home last night, he came out of the carrier and wandered through the whole house, climbed into the dog's Pillow Pile and curled up for a bit. Then came over to the sofa, curled up in my lap and passed out. I carried him in to bed with me where he crawled under the blanket and curled up in the nook of my tummy. He's really affectionate too!! I just LOVE him!!

We haven't named him yet. Cinder seems to love him too! She watches over him and seems to be very motherly all of a sudden, which is odd because when we brought Little home, she was totally freaked and terrified of her! Little seems a bit freaked, but she hasn't hissed at him or anything. She did take two gentle swipes at his butt while he was eating breakfast though. LOL!!

Ok, he's crawling all over the laptop now and trying to eat my USB cable... so I'm gonna wrap this up. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!! Will check back in later... maybe during kitten naptime.

Ouch... you little... Ok, gotta go!!

June 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww, he is SOOOO cute!!! Oh just adorable!!!!!!!

I hope your belly feelings and belly grumblings are GOOD signs!!! I like your chart!

Have a great weekend!

June 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Entry #6

Soooo..... interesting developments today. Put in my temp and FF changed my O day! I kinda had a feeling earlier in the month that was going to happen, but I can't quite figure out what it is that made it change. It said that it was a non temperature related sign.

The thing that makes me feel like it's kind of a bummer is that it changed our BD timing score from High to Good. Don't get me wrong, we're not way off, but I certainly liked it better when it was High!! LOL!

Graduation party was nice last night. Had a few moments where I felt a little green around the gills, but once I ate I felt better. Cinder is loving the new kitten. Little is still a little skittish. It doesn't help that every time she comes up to sniff him he starts boxing her. LOL!

June 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!! I almost named my dog Cinder - it is such a cute name...

Funny story...
I was waiting tables, and I had already bought the dog, so I was describing him to my tables - a black poodle, super sweet, and I was a Chemsitry major...the two best names were Carbon and Cinder...but, the people who suggested Carbon left me a much bigger tip, so, Carbon it was - LOL!!

Your new kiten is super cute...hope he earns a name soon...ours took about 2 months to get a name, finally, he jumped in the tub while we were giving the dog a bath,a nd just stayed in there - sopping wet!! So Hydro it was...

From then on, we'd come in the door and say "Hydro-Carbon" - HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search