Coley TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree440Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
I just want to tell you how freakin jealous I am of you and your drug prices. I had my injection class today for my IVF cycle and the pharmacy called with all the prices for everything they called in. At face value, I'm looking at $3211.52! But I'm pretty sure I'm going to only buy my Follistim as I need it. I don't want to end up with a crap ton of extras, ya know?

I really hope this works for you, but if it doesn't just think, they'll already have a really good idea of how your body responds to the drugs, so they should be able to come up with a great plan for your IVF if you decide to jump right into that!
fromustobaby and Coley like this.
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

June 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HOLY HELL! That's a lot!!

I wish I could let you use my insurance!!
Tracy87 likes this.

June 27th, 2012, 07:49 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
That's about what my drug cost. If you can do the ordering on an as needed basis, without incurring additional shipping charges for overnight shipping, that is by far the best way to go. I ordered what I needed, and I had to order more at the end, actually, because I was out. But you for sure do NOT want to order and pay for a bunch of drug that you don't use!
Coley and Tracy87 like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Yup, that's definitely what I plan to do. They are great about working with me and ship at no additional cost. What do you think about the menopur? Any idea when they usually start that in the cycle or how many I should order to get started? I posted my protocol in the TTC by IVF forum if you want to check it out and give me your two cents, Karin.

I'm shutting up now, enough journal jacking!
Coley likes this.
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed

June 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I will go find it Tracy! I wish I had advice about Menopur, but I haven't had that in either of my protocols....going to find your post now...

(sorry nikki!...all in the name of help!)

June 28th, 2012, 05:51 PM
It's all good! No apologies necessary! I'm glad for the chatter... it's better than silence!!
Tracy87 likes this.

June 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
CD 15 of Cycle #40 - Day 3 of Stims

Got a call from the pharmacy today. My pre authorization came back for the Ovidrel at $60 bucks. Sweet! Paid with the Amex, shipping out on Monday for Tuesday delivery. So everything we know we need has been ordered and paid for!

I got another call today that I thought was kinda funny. One of the other pharmacies called me to day they had the drugs ready to send out to me and I was like "Um... yeah, I went with another pharmacy that was able to get my drugs for free..."

I felt kinda awkward, like wondering... was I supposed to call all of the pharmacies back to tell them they hadn't made the cut or something? I didn't know I needed to break up with them... It's a couple of prescriptions, not The Bachelor!

Really looking forward to my appointment tomorrow morning to see what's going on in there and how things are moving along!

Last edited by Coley; June 29th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
June 29th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ooooh Oooooh, you're appt tomorrow! I'm going to be stalking from my phone for your update!!!
Coley likes this.

June 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed

June 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
CD 16 of Cycle #40 - Day 4 of Stims...

Had my first monitoring appt. this morning. Saw Dr. Guttman (RE who performed my HSG ) My right side is the dominant side with 7-8 larger sized follies, with the largest being a bit over 12. My left side has about 6-7 smaller ones. She said everything looked good and that they still needed to grow.

The office just called with my results. I'm so not used to getting actual numbers, so I didn't have a pen right away. My old RE used to just call and say I hadn't O'd yet. I'll be better prepared to get actual results in the future.

What I was able to write down when I did grab a pen was that my estrogen is 152 and my LH is 3.95 which she said is all good. They want my follies to continue growing, obviously, so my instructions are to continue at 150IU for the next 2 nights and come back for b/w & u/s on Monday morning.

We had to drop the Mitsu off at the dealership for service this morning. The ABS light came on and Danny said he was feeling rolling resistance. They just called as well and said that the sensor and the bearing in the driver's side front tire is shot. It's all covered under warranty, so they're gonna fix it no problem.

The only thing is... it won't be ready to be picked up until Monday. Normally, Danny would just take my dad's car. But I've gotta be at the RE on Monday morning. So... I'm gonna ride in with Danny, drop him off at work. Depending on traffic and how long it takes, I may go to the Corner Bakery Cafe near my RE's office, have breakfast and surf on their WiFi until my appt.

I'll pick him up after work and we can pick the Mitsu up anytime before 9pm. So we'll wait for traffic to die down before we head out for that. It'll be a full day for sure... but it'll be alright.

Shots are still going well. The only side effects I've been getting are some hot flashes and killer headaches that start about an hour or so after injection. I took 2 Advil last night and it did absolutely nothing for it. It was literally pounding when I crawled into bed last night. I fell asleep pressing the heel of my palm into my forehead, thinking it would somehow alleviate the pain.

It was gone when I woke up this morning and so far I'm feeling fine. I'm fully expecting another one tonight after my injections. I'm gonna try some Aleve this time and see if that helps. My papers say it's a known side effect, so I'm not worried about them, I'd just like to alleviate as much of the discomfort as I can.

So that's what's up with me today... Back home, out of the heat wave and chillin' with Danny. My parents are both taking naps upstairs, so we may get a movie or something.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Skimboardin Mama and swtneka like this.

June 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
numbers sound perfect (though I've only been given the estrogen number for mine, so I dont know much about the LH number)!! Sorry about the headache though - boo!
Go follies go!!

Sounds like quite an elaborate plan for the car...but glad it works out and that you got it taken care of!
July 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Yay! I read this not long after you posted it, but was on my phone, and I hate typing from my phone. This is good news! I'll be curious to see what kind of "activity" you have at your Monday appointment!

Also, um, you are ridiculously thoughtful. Pat and I just stared, mouths agape, at the unbelievable thoughtfulness of your recent package. We both sort of teared up a bit!! You are too much! We love, love, it, and can't thank you enough!!

xxoo
Coley likes this.

July 1st, 2012, 07:32 PM
CD 17 of Cycle #40 - Day 5 of Stims...

Oh Karin, I'm so glad you guys 'd it! You had just started your IVF cycle when I saw it. I instantly thought of you and KNEW I had to get it for you!! It just seemed way too perfect!

Not much new here. Tonight's shot hurt more than the others, but it was my own fault. The spot I picked was too high up my belly and there wasn't quite as much fat, so it really stung. I'll be sure to keep it nice and low tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow... Back to the RE!! I'm excited because the appt. is actually with MY RE, I'll get to see what's going on in there and see what the plan is. If I get through traffic with enough time to spare, I'll be online from the Corner Bakery Cafe in the morning.

Okay... off to watch Falling Skies with Danny before grabbing a shower before bed.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

July 1st, 2012, 08:48 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck tomorrow!
July 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
can't wait to hear an update about today's appt
July 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
First, I LOVE Corner Bakery! We don't have one super close by, so we never go. I used to go quite often in Chicago. I love their chicken salad, and their derby turkey. But what I REALLY love is those cinnamon raisin things. Ohhhh....you probably can't eat those sorry

I totally should have told you make sure to keep your shots low. I forgot about that one. After about 10 days, I was running out of room on the lower parts, so we did it a bit higher, where there was no bruising. That was a mistake. I would have hurt less had I done it on a bruise. Ouch.

You know, we are now seriously considering an entirely elephant nursery theme

July 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
CD 18 of Cycle #40 - Day 6 of Stims...

Had a great appt. with my RE today!

He asked how I was doing, how the meds were going, any side effects, etc. I mentioned the headaches, but also that they'd stopped for the past 2 days. I said "I dunno, maybe I'm getting used to them?" He said it's possible and it's also possible that it's completely unrelated. Either way, they haven't come back for 2 days, so I'm good.

I told him he had avoided a beating and he started laughing and said "Oh good! I was worried!!" I told him everything went perfectly with it and I was so thrilled about that. He went on to say, while shaking his head, that for an HSG they're often trying to inject 20cc's of dye and a uterus only has a capacity of about 2-4cc's, so naturally it's going to cause pain. I the fact that my RE takes the time to actually explain all of this stuff to me. Sooo much information!!

So, he starts the u/s and the first thing he remarks on is my "great" lining. He said "It's Type 2" to which I asked "What's that?" since my old RE never mentioned any such thing. He described it as a mattress for the baby to lay on, and that mine is "fluffed up" and looking ready for an embryo.

He started checking my ovaries and I said "Looks like it's all happening on the right side." He said "You're right." I have 6-7 small ones on my left side and 6-7 on my right that are CLEARLY larger.

Once he'd finished, I said "So, what's going on in there?" He said "There's A LOT going on in there and it's all good!" My largest "mature" follie is a bit over 15mm, I can't remember the numbers on the others but they were 13's and such. I also have a 17mm follie on my right, but he's of the opinion that it's likely a cyst and does not contain an egg.

So we wait to see what my bloods say for my med instructions and then head back to the RE in 2 days.

I really hope I'm about to get pregnant soon!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

July 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
This is so freakin exciting!!!!! Your numbers sound great! I know the feeling of waiting for the b/w phone call Hoping they call you sooner rather than later...I hated waiting!

I'm sure your doc will be cautious of this, but I had one large follie like that my first round, and at first, she wasn't worried (same reason like yours), but later found that it actually did contain an egg and that was the one that caused me to O on my own But as long as they are monitoring your bloods well, they will be able to tell.

YAY!

July 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
UPDATE!!!

RE's office just called... She said "Your bloods look GREAT!"

My estrogen jumped from 152 on Saturday to 424 today. My progesterone is less than .02 and my LH dropped from 3.95 to 1.94 She said everything looks great and that my dosage is just right.

I'm to continue at 150 for tonight and then go in for b/w & u/s tomorrow morning. I decided to try going to the Center City office for my next appointment because to be honest, while King of Prussia isn't far, distance wise... it's a haul with traffic.

I've met all except one of the RE's, they've all been great and they rotate through the different offices. So it's not like I'm gonna get a Dr. I've never met before. I'm actually gonna see MY RE again tomorrow because he's apparently in the Center City office on Tuesdays.

So yeah... from the tone of everyone's voices regarding my u/s and b/w results... things must be looking pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
You know, we are now seriously considering an entirely elephant nursery theme
That seriously, totally made me

July 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Um, those numbers are fab!!!! Well, the E2 anyway. I never got my prog numbers. That sounds wonderful!

And yes, DH already started planning the room around a photo of an elephant that is in a book on African Animal photography that he bought me for Christmas!
Coley and Belita like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search