Coley TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree440Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
Oh, Nikki!

I'm so very sorry this didn't work... I'd actually be curious to find out if IUI is actually successful, and if so, how often.

I will what others have said, however, that you are meant be a mom and it will happen, just not as easily as others, unfortunately. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
Coley likes this.

Me: 41, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (28 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently at goal weight)

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected, had surgery in Dec 2014 to correct
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014 - Natural, failed

Cycle 2: September, 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Cycle 3: October, 2014 - Failed IUI

Cycle 4: November, 2014 - Failed IUI

Cycle 5: December, 2014 - Missed due to surgery

Cycle 6: January, 2015 - Failed IUI

Cycle 7: February, 2015 - Failed IUI

Cycle 8: March, 2015 - Natural cycle, failed

Cycle 9 - IVF #1: April, 2015 - 13 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 4 transferred (3-day), 4 frosties. Chemical pregnancy.

Cycle 10: Natural cycle in preparation for FET in June, 2015.
July 22nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh nikki, I'm so so sorry. Hugs for both you and danny, I can't imagine how you're both feeling right now. I do hope your RE has some answers or something for you so next time will be the last time for you guys. This sorta thing kills me as you two so deserve to be parents
Coley likes this.

July 22nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
So sorry, Nikki I hope your RE has a good plan for you moving forward.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Honey. I'm so very sorry this IUI didn't work out. I have been following your journal all weekend, but was on my phone, and you know how I feel about posting with my siggy In hindsight, I should have emailed you. Duh, my bad.

I hope you and Danny and your RE get a great plan in place for next cycle....whatever it is. Take the time you need, and come back and keep us posted on your plan.

You will be a mommy.
Coley likes this.
July 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, Nikki. I don't understand why things like this can't just happen, either, especially when everything is going in your favor!!
I'm really sorry for all the emotions you are going through right now, and as always, you know where to find me if you need someone to lean on... HUGS
Coley likes this.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- 7/13/15 @ 34 weeks 6 days

July 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, Nikki. I agree with you and Lyz that maybe this is a sign that you should go with IVF next. I hope your RE has some answers for you. You will be an amazing mother and I'm sorry the road has been so difficult for you.
July 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
OMG Nikki, I am soo zoo sorry I just don't understand how it did not work. Everything was on your side, everything went so well. I don't know the statistics of IUI's but it just doesn't seem right that it didn't work.

You WILL get your baby one way or another, don't give up hope. I will be thinking of you and Danny.
Coley likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 23rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
they told me that IUI success rate w/injectables was 25%...with Clomid I think was 15%...dont think statistics matter much right now though...

I hope that you have a wonderful and carefree time with your family Nikki and that you and Danny can come to a decision on what you guys want to do from here...you will be a mommy...you will...

Huge hugs and always thinking and rooting for you <3
Coley likes this.
July 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I was thinking about this last night. Since you and I have been doing this crap for about the same amount of time, and since, in our collective recent MA experiences started with one failed IUI with injectables, I think you should copy what I did. We have followed somewhat of a similar path up to this point, maybe IVF is the next step? I think in your heart you probably know that already, but I love that you and your RE felt IUI was a great option to start. You've gotten "used" to the shots, but more importantly, your body got used to them. Think of it as a "trial" cycle. Your body responded wonderfully, and now, it's all ready to go with IVF!

You know how this plan worked for me.... just sayin'.

blueeyes25s likes this.
July 24th, 2012, 09:49 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Nikki - just wanted to tell you how I sorry I was. You deserve so much for this to happen! I hope you and your RE make a plan that you feel comfortable with. We're all rooting for you and thinking about you and Danny. Lots of s!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

July 24th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CD 3 of Cycle #41...

Well, I had my appointment with the RE today. Danny was able to go with me, which was nice for a number of reasons... one of which was that he had yet to meet our actual Dr.

So, they took blood and sent us back to the exam room for the u/s. Our Dr. came in, introductions were made, hands shaken, etc. We did a lot of talking and Danny pressed him for answers on why he thinks this isn't working. We got the Unexplained IF thing, blah blah blah... but this didn't seem to be the answer Danny was looking for, explaining that he's feeling frustrated with everyone telling us how great our numbers are, but we're still not having any success.

So, the Dr. went into further detail. He explained about all of the little things that have to happen in order for a pregnancy to take place.... How he can be sure that the follie is a mature size and that my hormone levels are at the right place, but how does he know if the egg actually makes it out of the follie? How does he know if my tubes actually move the egg down the way they are supposed to? How does he know if the sperm are actually reaching the egg? How does he know if a fertilized egg is able to travel to the uterus? He explained that there are no tests for them to see if these things are happening and if they aren't... well, there you are.

He said if he had to take a guess... he thinks it's a tubal issue. He explained that the tubes are not just straws for the egg to drop through... that they are muscles that flex in response to different hormones. Some cause the tube to flex to move the egg down, some cause the tube to flex to draw the sperm in and others cause the tube to flex to carry the egg to the uterus. If the tubes aren't responding to the appropriate hormones in the appropriate way... again... there you are.

I cried.

Danny asked what the point of another IUI would be and our Dr. pretty much agreed. He said he generally likes to try something 2 times before moving on to something else, but we aren't bound to that. Danny pretty much said he doesn't want to do IUI anymore.

So... with that being said, we made a decision today.

We are taking this cycle "off". From my initial blood work, my HSG and our IUI... we've got a fair few bills that we need to pay and Danny wants to get ahead of those before the totals start racking up. The Dr. wants us to try on our own this month because apparently IF treatments can often have effects that last beyond the actual cycle and sometimes people get pg while taking a cycle off. I'm not holding my breath or expecting anything at all because... well, do I really need to explain why? I mean, c'mon... it's Cycle #41 people. If I could do this on my own, I tend to think I would've done...

In the meantime, we'll have our IVF consult where they will go over each and every single detail of everything we'll have to know about, think about and make decisions about. We'll talk with the finance people, I guess for them to tell us exactly how much everything is going to cost and what we'll be on the hook for. I'm to call when my next AF arrives... hopefully I won't have some stupid crazy long cycle.

My RE said I'll have to have a hysterscopy to make sure there are no polyps or fibroids in my uterus and that all is good there (had one at my old RE and it wasn't that bad, so I think I'll be alright) and that they will do a Mock Transfer to make sure the pathway through my cervix is clear and whatnot.

At first I was really bummed about having to take the cycle off... but now that I've had the day to let it all kind of sink in, I think it's probably for the best. We've got a lot of information coming at us and it's a lot to absorb.

I'm hoping that I'll start feeling excited about it instead of just feeling horribly broken... I thought I had come to grips with the idea of IVF before my initial meeting with my Dr, but maybe all the talk of things looking better than we thought and thinking IUI with shots might work... I think I got my hopes up.

I never wanted this and I still don't, but it seems to be the path I'm being forced to take... It's just going to take me some time to make peace with it and accept it.

July 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM

That's all for now. Just a big, fat,
July 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Karin
July 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs!
July 27th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So sorry Nikki, I wish I could say or do something to help.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there Nikki

July 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
July 27th, 2012, 02:18 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Oh Nikki...words can't describe how I feel for you right now...because I am right there along with you.

While my own Dan hasn't said those words to me, I know he thinks it. And at the age of 39 and trying for 2.5 years and KNOWING what our issues are - who can blame him? But I keep having to be the optomistic one and remind him that ONE DAY we WILL be parents!

Course though it is so hard not to start thinking that way.

Believe me, girl - we are in the same boat.

I so wish I could hang out with you for a day and just give you a huge hug!

ALSO - MAYBE we can be IVF cycle buddies!!! If you guys ARE able to actually do your IVF cycle say in September???

I'm not 100% sure what our schedule is...next friday is when I pay off my 401K in order to turn around and take a new loan from it (which I have to wait 30 days) so September we will have the financing and september looks to be the birth control month then October will be our actual IVF month.

Believe me - I know how much it sucks. I am LITERALLY sitting in the same boat as you are - but if this is what we have to do to create our families, then so be it!

I'll be praying for you every step of the way girl!!!!!!!!!!!
Coley likes this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; July 27th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
July 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
Oh, Nikki... My heart is breaking for you and Danny. I so appreciate your outlook on all of this despite all of the heartache already endured. I'm amazed that both of you aren't going mental with all of this...

Know that I'm thinking/praying for both of you and I know that both of you will be parents... Until then, here's a big

-Christi

Me: 41, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (28 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently at goal weight)

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected, had surgery in Dec 2014 to correct
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014 - Natural, failed

Cycle 2: September, 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Cycle 3: October, 2014 - Failed IUI

Cycle 4: November, 2014 - Failed IUI

Cycle 5: December, 2014 - Missed due to surgery

Cycle 6: January, 2015 - Failed IUI

Cycle 7: February, 2015 - Failed IUI

Cycle 8: March, 2015 - Natural cycle, failed

Cycle 9 - IVF #1: April, 2015 - 13 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 4 transferred (3-day), 4 frosties. Chemical pregnancy.

Cycle 10: Natural cycle in preparation for FET in June, 2015.
July 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Oh, Nikki, I'm so sorry I think you're right about taking this cycle to come to terms with everything, take care of finances, etc. I really hope you and Danny can make peace with everything.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!