Rebecca's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 11:18 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You and Maurice have a lot of exciting things going on! Your awards and his book! Awesome! Hope this turns out to be a super lucky month for you two!

June 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Takinabreak
Hi Rebecca!!! I'm so excited for you...the possibility of an (or 5!) awards PLUS your DH is a local hero and will be in a book?! How awesome is that!

I hope AF takes off soon so you can start gearing up for O in the middle of all your fun busy-ness!
June 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Thanks girls. It's been an exciting few days and I'm really looking forward to the awards ball next weekend. I just got my ball gown back from the dress maker. It had to be taken in...

Erin glad your HSG went well and you got through it ok. I've my fingers crossed for you for a good result.

[SIZE="3"]

June 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whooo- hooo for leading such a fabulous life!!!!!! Congrats to you and DH both! I would love to see pics. of your dress and at the ball!!!!!! Have a great day
June 9th, 2009, 05:58 AM
I promise I'll post some pic's of the awards ball. fingers crossed it will be with an award in my hand.

Here is the pic I was thinking of putting into the book for Maurice.

This one is of Maurice doing a truck pull for charity.

Now all I have to do it write his story. I've found out things about him I didn't know... So it's been a good experience for me.

[SIZE="3"]

June 9th, 2009, 08:16 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

June 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!!! You have a LOT going on!! I am so happy so many great things are going on for you and DH!!
First off, I hope you don't O over the weekend. But if so, just try to BD before you go and when you get home!!!!! DO IT-DO IT-DO IT!!! HAHA
Wow, you must be super proud of DH! And I will be thinking of you this weekend!! I wish you lots of luck and hope you win ALL of your nominations!!!! GL!! Have a fantastic rest of the week!!
June 9th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Great pics, TFS!!

June 9th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Great pics! Glad this wonderful experience is helping you to learn more about your DH. Can't wait to see pics of you with those awards! Good luck and all my crossables crossed for you!

June 10th, 2009, 08:32 AM
OMG next weekend is shaping up to be a great weekend.
I was listening to the radio today and they were on about romantic ways you met you husband/wife people were ringing and texting in saying they met at a bar on holidays etc... so I decided to text in all I said on my text was "I met my husband at my nan's funeral" that was it and so about5 min later I got a phone call from the radio asking would I go on and speak about it so I did. I told them that he was at my nan's funeral because he was friends with my cousin. After the funeral all the family went for food and drinks in a hotel he was there and we got talking. He was so sweet and afterwards he walked me home. The next day he rang to see how I was coping and he took me for a walk on the beach. We got togrther a few weeks later and that was 5 years ago and we have been married for 8 months now.
About half hr later they rang me saying I had won the competition about the most romantic meeting. I didn't even know it was a competition. So I won €50 gift voucher and I'm in a draw on friday for a weekend away.
So Please everyone keep yer fingers crossed.

[SIZE="3"]

Last edited by Dóchas; June 10th, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
June 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again! I'm keeping mine crossed for you!!!!!!

June 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!! That is so cool!! I love the pic of him pulling the truck - WOW!!

And I love the radio story - and that you won...how wonderful that the sadness of your grandmas funeral led to the happiness of meeting your future husband

Best of luck getting the weekend get-away
June 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Ok So My bag is packed for the awards weekend. I'm really excited... There will be over 1000 people at the awards weekend from all over Ireland. I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow night there is a big dance with a buffet it will go on till about 6am dancing singing etc...
On Saturday there is a BBQ (please rain stay away) after that we will all be getting our hair and make-up done for the awards ball. The ball starts at 7:30pm and will finish up about 6am again loads of dancing etc... On Sunday everyone gets together again for a farewell meal about 3pm of course someone will start playing the piano and there will be more singing. I should get home Sunday night about 9pm.. Shattered... But It's going to be a great weekend I'm so excited.

DH will be staying at home he's working. I should be ok with Oing sunday will be CD11 last cycle I O'd on CD13. Don't know how I'm going to temp I'll me going to bed around the same time I temp...

I'll update on Monday hope I'll have some good news and a few awards. I'll try and post some pic's asap.

[SIZE="3"]

June 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
YAY Rebecca!!!! Hope you win and have soooo much fun
June 13th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Congrats on winning that radio contest! Can't wait to see pics from the awards. Hope you win! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

June 15th, 2009, 04:27 AM
What a fantastic weekend. We won 3 out of the 5 nominations. We won best chorus, best technical (which covers lighting, sound ans set) and best of all we won best overall show. We are all on a high and we didn't get much sleep.
I'm so tired today.

On the TTC side of things Plenty of EWCM yesterday and today and also +OPK yesterday and today. So even though I was sooooo tired after the weekend we BD last night ans will do as well tonight. Temp went down this morning... But I'd say the high temps could have a lot to do with dancing all night and very little sleep.
I must go and check up on everyone now to see what everyone got up to at the weekend.

[SIZE="3"]

June 15th, 2009, 04:53 AM
YAY, YAY, YAY Rebecca!!!!! Congrats That is awesome! Glad you had such a good time!
June 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Awesome Rebecca! I think maybe winning all those awards is a sign that this will be your lucky month! Congrats! Love the pics! You look so excited! Hope you have a great week!

June 16th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I'm a bit confused. I'm not sure if I O'd yet or not.
My temp started going up on CD8 and stayed up till CD11 I got a +OPK on CD11 and CD12 but then CD12 my temp went way down. It has gone back up again today CD13.
Why is it all sooooo confusing?????
We BD on CD8,11 and this morning on CD 13.

Maurice was at the DR today for a testicular exam. He has to book for a S/A but the DR said he has to abstain from any form of sex for 4 day before the S/A but I'm not to sure when to book his test for because of not know if I've O'd yet. I don't want to abstain from BDing in case this is our cycle...

I wish it was as easy as "oops I'm pregnant"

[SIZE="3"]

June 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
The next few days temps will probably give you a clearer picture of whether you did O or not. It's common to have a little dip in temp before O. I wish all of us could have an oopsie! That would make this so much easier! Wishing you tons of good luck for your DH's SA. Hope you are having a great day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search