Rebecca's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi Girls
I'm Rebecca (33) DH Maurice (34)
From Ireland.

We have been TTC since Aug 08 by NTNP but I started to think we have to be doing something wrong so I googled "trying to conceive! and this site came up.
Everyone seemed really friendly and supportive so I decided to join.
Sorry if my 1st post is long but there is alot to cover. First I want to say how great everyone one is on this site. Everyone has made me feel very welcome. And with all the BFP today I know there is hope for all of us.

I made an appointment to see my dr ( who is also a really close friend of mine). Just to make sure there is nothing medically wrong. I had my blood taken last month and my progesterone level was low. so I had it taken again this cycle a few days earlier just to double check. Results should be back tomorrow. This has been my first cycle charting and using OPK.

Ok something not many people know about DH.
He suffers from Depression and has done for years but he's on meds and doing fine. When we got married in October and when we started TTC he got it into his head that he didn't want his meds to be the cause of us getting BPN. So without telling me he just stopped taking his med's.
Anyway you can't just stop you end up getting major come down's like being a drug addict. So he ended up going into hospital for 6weeks after we got married.
He's back on his meds and doing great again. Back to work, Back training. He is a 6 time world champion in Power lifting in his weight class. ( I'm very proud of him)
I still worry about him that he's taking his meds. I'm sure he is because he got such a fright when he stopped taking them. I also wonder to myself if his tablets have anything to do with us getting BFN. If AF shows up again he'll be getting his sperm tested.
I can't talk to people about it as no one knows he has depression only my best friend and his brother.
He is so excited about becoming a dad.

We also have my mom living in a granny flat that has been built onto our house. She had a stroke a few years ago and I look after her.

I've been dancing and singing on stage for the last 22 years and we just finished "Titanic the Musical" I Love being on stage. It takes me away from the stress at home.
We have been nominated for 5 awards for Titanic the awards ball is on saturday the 13th of June so I'm really excited about that.

We have 3 furbabies Cats:- samson 2 and nero 1 & Dog :- Diego who is 9 years old.

I caved in and did a test on 12DPO I got a BFN. I feel as if AF will be here by tomorrow I've got really bad cramps.

Again sory for the long post.

[SIZE="3"]

June 2nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hi! I have seen you posting around before, but I just wanted to welcome you to the journal section and I am glad that you started one. I find that it is a nice way to vent and it is your own space to just say whatever is on your mind
June 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I am so glad you have a journal now!!!! I am really sorry to hear about DH and his depression. But at least he is doing what he needs to, to control it. You seem like a very loving and caring wife. He needs someone just like you!!! I wonder if his meds do have something to do with causing BFN though. hmmm I am curious to know. I hope you can get it all figured out.
OMG I LOVE being on stage as well!! Growing up I was in plays and drama. I absolutely love it. My dream job would be to be an actress. Congrats on your nominations!! I can't wait to hear how you do!!
Well, hopefully AF stays away....but I am right there with you. I had some cramps today and am really feeling like the witch is due anytime now.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

June 3rd, 2009, 04:29 AM
I'll keep you posted on awards. I can't wait for the ball I have my dress sorted it's like a mimi oscar's for Irish theatre. There will be around 900 people at it from all over Ireland.
I'M SOOOO EXCITED.

I got my blood test back and my levels are normal they are 19.25 normal is 20 so it's good. So next is DH getting tested.
Af still hasn't arrived but I'm 99.99% sure she's coming.

[SIZE="3"]

June 3rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Rebecca! YAY for starting a journal The ball sounds fabulous! Hope you havs sooo much fun! Hope that your hubby feels better and that you guys get your BFP soon~ I wouldn't give up hope yet your temps look good! Lots of luck sweetie! Have a great day
June 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca, it looks like you and I are still in the running. Still no sign of AF for either of us. But I agree, I feel I am 99% sure I am out this cycle. But I hope she stays away and you get your BFP!!! Your temps are still looking great!!!! When are you going to test again????

June 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'm getting fed up now still no sign of AF but I know she's coming. I can feel it. Why oh why do or bodies have to play games with us.

[SIZE="3"]

June 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean! Are you testing in the morn?? I really really think this is your month!! Your chart looks so good!!!!!!

June 3rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the nomination! How exciting! Sorry about your DH's depression. I have a history of depression as well and know how it is. I was on meds for a long time and thought I was better and quit them cold turkey too. I also ended up in the hospital so I know how rough it is. PM me anytime to vent or if you have any questions. (I know longer take meds). Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you! Hope you don't have to stay here long though! Good luck!

June 4th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Thanks Casey I't nice to know there is someone here who understands about depression. It's even hard for me to even understand but I try my best. I might PM soon if yoy don't mind. I have one main questions about depression.

Well the has shown her face this morning and I'm in awful pain you'd think I'd be used to it. The 1st shown her face when I was 9 years old and since then I've had 3D&C's a Ruptured Ovarian Cycts and a Laparoscopy. But every month she shows up and every month I think this pain is the worst yet. I'd love to be one of those girls that sail througn it with no PMS.

[SIZE="3"]

June 4th, 2009, 07:05 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to drop in and say Hi...I'm Tonya, DH is Matt...we've been trying since November 2008...

Hope that everything comes back normal for you and DH...

And your job sounds wonderful!
June 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Hi tonya. Thanks I've fingers crossed things will settle down soon with DH.
About my job I love it... I love being on stage and teaching dance. I'm also a beautician but have just lost my job due to the recession that Ireland is in, but I don't mind as I can have more time to spend with DH and to work on new dance routines for my class.

[SIZE="3"]

June 4th, 2009, 01:04 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry the witch showed for you. It's very nice to get to know you.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

June 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry the witch showed Rebecca! Hope this cycle brings good things for you
June 5th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I'm feeling a bit better today. I need to get myself sorted My friend is getting married tomorrow. DH hates the fact he has to wear a suit he really is more of a sport guy.
I was up really late last night couldn't sleep with cramps. But alot of TTC#1 girl were on chat I think at one stage there was 8 of us. Great idea Ash. I loved chatting with everyone It was about 3am when I went to bed got to sleep about 4am.

[SIZE="3"]

June 6th, 2009, 10:52 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry the witch showed and she is being so nasty. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck this cycle! PM me anytime with questions.

June 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks casey you have been great so far answering my question on depression. Maurice is doing really well Thank God.
As for AF the Pain is gone and it has got much lighter. So now the wait starts till I O.

[SIZE="3"]

June 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Rebecca. I just noticed your journal.

I had a lot of fun in chat the other night too (I can rarely make chat nights so it was really fun). I can't wait to hear all about your awards night. Good luck!
June 8th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Hi Kim ya I really enjoyed chatting with you a few nights ago. Don't worry I'll keep ye posted on awards fingers crossed we win a few out of the 5 we were nominated for. Just need to break in my shoes so my feet won't be killing me I know we be dancing all weekend. I can't wait.

Update on TTC:- AF is nearly gone just a bit of spotting. I'm a bit worried I'll miss O because I'll be away at the awards for the weekend DH can't come he has to work So I'll be gone fri to sun. We'll try and BD before I go and hopefully Sunday night when I get back if I'm not to tired.

Another good thing that has happened this weekend was :- A local Author contacted us. He is writing a book on local hero's and well known people of Kerry (Ireland) and he wants to add Maurice to the book because he is 6 time world champion in PowerLifting.
So I'll be spending the next few day helping maurice with his life story how he got started, his training, his diet, who helped him along the way and what competitions he has won.
So I'll have a busy few days ahead of me....

[SIZE="3"]

June 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh how exciting about the book entry!!! That's awesome!!

And I really hope that your body cooperates and you don't have to miss O time away from home!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search