Jackie's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

June 4th, 2010, 09:29 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Ash & Nikki!!! I can't wait to have my good hormones back!!

Thank you Mrs.Black2006 for this cute siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

June 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to let ya know I am HOPING and keeping my fingers crossed for ya as well, have a great trip too
June 4th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Thank you!! We'll be leaving Thursday morning and home late Sunday night- but we both took Monday off as well.... only 6 more days and I can not wait!!!! We're going to Sam's Club tonight to stalk up on some supplies for the trip. We'll be taking all the paper plates, napkins, plastic cups, utensils, etc., so it'll be a fun shopping trip!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

June 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jackie! I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!! I am praying for your miracle!!! I am going to do natural with accupuncture Hope you have a great weekend!!!
June 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I have been so bad a journals the last few months and Im so sorry....but what a way for me to come back!!!!!! Jackie I am so freaking excited for y'all!!!! A summer miracle is just what the doctor ordered!!! Ive also heard you are more fertile after coming off BC

I want this for y'all so so so so bad!!!!!!!!

June 5th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Thanks so much ladies!!
Chrissy- we'll still be doing the same thing then- au naturale!!!
Stef- it's ok, I'm going to try to keep it kind of low key (not post in the main forum about "coming back" or anything... just trying to stay as stress free as possible! Only about 9 more days til I'm back and at it (hopefully!!)!!

So, this morning we FINALLY ended the sex drought! Seriously, check my chart- those are all real days, and wow... 3 weeks and no nookie? Ugh. It's not for lack of effort on DH's end, believe me. The dialog in our house since I've been back on the pill has been something to the effect of
DH: touches me in appropriately and tries really hard to get me in the mood.
Me: NO- stop touching me.
Poor guy. He did tell me in our talk the other night that he'd rather have me with no sex drive than be in pain like I was.... what an amazing guy I tell ya!

Oh and I think the end of the sex drought goes hand in hand with me forgetting to take my pill Thursday night You know, in 9 years of being on BCP pill earlier in life, I may have forgotten to take a pill twice... seriously. But after our talk on Thursday and me being so happy and excited with us going back to TTC, I totally forgot to take it. So I took two over the evening yesterday and it made me absolutely tired and I fell asleep on the floor with Favela last night. Sure enough though, I woke up this morning and we didn't even get out of bed before that drought was over!

Well, that's about it. We got lots of stuff together for our trip. We take extra monitors for some of the folks flying in so we got all those labeled and packed up. I also got all the laundry done so that our new shirts are clean... we had a couple people in our gaming group make some logos and I opened up a Spreadshirt store and sold them (at cost). They turned out so cute!! What a bunch of old geeks we are. I can't wait to go though. There's a few guys going that I haven't ever met, and a bunch that I have met a couple of times that are SO much fun. I'm the only girl gamer going again, although I think 3 wives are coming this time.... they don't game so who knows where or what they'll be doing all weekend!! OMG I can't wait to go you have no idea!! I have pics on Facebook from last year's trip, so you can get an idea of what we do....

Have a great weekend, ladies!

June 5th, 2010, 08:23 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad the drought is over, LOL! I'm so happy that Jon has agreed to your plan. I had a feeling he would! I love that he said he would rather have you not in pain than have you with a strong sex drive. Now that's love!!! Anyway, hope the endo pain stays far, far away and you get the BFP that you deserve. Crossing all crossables that you get your little miracle soon!
June 6th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for the end of the drought!!!!

Hope you guys have a great trip!!!

June 7th, 2010, 01:34 PM
So I've been thinking (dangerous in itself!!)... since I'll only be able to stand a few natural cycles before needing to go back on BCP, I want to pull out all the stops... I still have preseed, so that's a given. I still have EPO, and that always helped a little with my endo pain anyway, so I'll start that with AF. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of those soy isoflavins. I've read a bunch about them- mixed stories, some swear by it and some don't think it had any effect.. but it's supposed to work like a natural Clomid... giving a stronger O. I figure for $8, why not? I'm going to RiteAid tonight anyway, so I think I'm going to pick up a bottle. You are supposed to take double the dosage that you'd take of Clomid, so about 100mg for me (the ones I think I'm getting are 40mg tablets, so I'll probably only take 2 tablets), on days 3-7 like I did with Clomid. I figure why not?? I am also going to take my baby aspirin during the 2ww again (only did that for IVF because my RE told me to). I want to be as fertile as possible for this summer miracle I'll be working on!

I have to go to the dentist tonight for a cleaning... yuck. I hate the dentist more than anything!! I had a "soft" spot the last time I went, so I imagine this time we'll be making an appointment for a filling. I get to leave here an hour early though today- so yay for that!

2 more days til we leave for Ohio!

June 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jackie!!! oh my goodness!! lady!!! I am super duper beyon for you!!! eeeek!! Best think I heard all week!!! yay!!!

So tell me about your trip... I tried looking in previous post in your journal, but I can't seem to find it!!

I used to work in the Sam's Club home office here in Canada! but then they closed down, so I ended up working in the Walmart home office... same office different position (sorry for hijacking your journal)

As for the drought!!! let the rain pour and pour!!! woot woot!!! What's your username on Facebook, i am privatized so I don't think you can add me but if you don't mind I can add you...

xoxoxo
June 7th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I'll PM you my email address, Justyna!

As for our trip, basically we are members of another online community for "older" gamers- over 25. I joined 4 years ago on my 25th birthday and Jon joined a little before that. Through the last 4 years, we've made some true friends on and offline (and it's so nice because everyone is older and so mature!). In 2007, we went to the site's annual get together in Chicago and met a handful of these folks we game with almost nightly on the 360. So last year, as our small group has gotten closer and closer, about a dozen or so of us met at one of our member's house in Cincinnati. We had such a blast!! A 4 day weekend with everyone was just what we needed, let me tell ya! So we'll be doing this yearly. So this is the third get-together we'll be having. It's at one of our member's house (gorgeous huge house) and this year about 20 of us are going! Jon & I stay at a hotel about 15 minutes away from his house, but most of the group sleeps all over the floor there. It's basically 24/7 gaming, with little sleep and not much sober time. I just get so excited to get together with this group- I'm the only female gamer, but it's not unusual because I'm one of the guys and always have been. I can't wait to hang out with our friends for a 5 day weekend, just sooo excited. Plus, Jon and I have such FUN road trips. We have NEVER been on a road trip and had to put on the radio! We are quite entertaining ourselves!!

Anyway, off to PM Justyna.

And I couldn't find the soy at Rite Aid OR at Walgreens tonight- GRRR! All they had were loaded soy supplements with a bunch of other vitamins in them- I didn't want to double up on certain vitamins so I passed. So I'm going to order it online. Jon was supportive so I'm going to get that ordered tonight and hopefully have it for the start of next cycle. We shall see!!!

June 8th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your trip sounds soooooo fun !!!! ENJOY!! I was going to ask ya if you found the soy, then saw your post. If this femara doesn't work I may try that next. Where did you order it from? Thanks. ( I may pop over to walmart next time I'm there to see if they have it) is it just called soy isoflavins ?
PS you survived the dentist ok ?
June 8th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I survived the dentist, although I'll be going back next month- boo! I had 2 spots they've been watching for over a year, and it's finally time to get little fillings put in... I absolutely HATE going to the dentist and will cry the day of my fillings, believe me!

As for the soy- I ended up ordering it from Amazon, believe it or not. Here is the one I bought- there are 60 tablets, and if I take 3 a day for 5 days, it's enough for 4 cycles.
Amazon.com: Spring Valley - Soy Isoflavones 40 mg, 60 Tablets:…

I'm also going to order another bottle of EPO... the one I have is almost empty and I didn't realize it!

2 more days and one more day of work til we leave!!!

June 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay...your trip sounds like so much fun....we need a JM trip so that all us ladies can get together!

I may be out of the loop but what does soy do?

June 9th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Stef- it's supposed to help with ovulation, and I'm a little worried about not ovulating coming off the pill, so I'm going to give it a shot. Here's an article JM had up a while ago:
Soy Isoflavones: Natural Alternative to Clomid

June 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Good morning Jackie!! So I am truly impressed!!! Your trip sounds like a ton of fun!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. So my husband is a avid gamer and I watch him play all the time. I play the "kiddie" games.. like Mario etc. But!!! I work in the video game category at the Walmart home office!! So that's why I am super impressed. Because, there is not a lot of hardcore gamers that are girls out there.. or if there is, they aren't as good... hahaha.
So good for you, I have always felt like I was one of the guys too... I get along with more guys then girls.. or maybe I should rephrase that, I am more comfortable around guys and don't feel like it's a competition to be more prettier etc. if that makes any sense.

I hope you take pics so I can see them on Facebook. I think it's much needed for the both of you. As for the road trip... you are too cute!!!

As for the dentist... I hear ya!! I rather go for surgery then the dentist. I am crazy!!! I know. I am deathly afraid. My boss once had to bribe me with ice cream at this really good ice cream shop near our work if I went. Chris has to come in with me when I go. Once I was forced to make an appointment with the the dentist.. then the next day I canceled the appointment, and still went to "the dentist" but I went shopping at the mall .. hahaha!!!

Stef, is right we need to do a trip for JM!
June 9th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one scared of the dentist!!!! Hahaha!

And I will DEFINITELY take lots of pictures. We actually have a streaming webcam that will be up, !! Should be a great time. It's just nice because we're all from different areas and we're all gathering in the middle. There are a few coming from the St. Louis area (well St. Joe, but I don't know how far that is from there), a few from Minnesota, one from Michigan, Illinois, 3 from NYC, one from Tennessee, the list goes on and on. I actually took count of the current total and there are 26 of us going (I'm the only girl gamer though)! That makes me a little nervous, as I've only met about half of them, but I'm also soooooo excited!!!
Jon and I wouldn't be together if we both didn't game. We've been addicted to the xbox since the first Halo came out, and of course played lots of Mario, etc., on the NES a long long time ago. It's our vice- we're big nerds and proud of it!

And Justyna- I totally know what you mean about fitting in with the "guys". My very best friend growing up is a guy, which made it a little weird when I started dating, but it's just "me". Jon sees that for what it's worth, since he knows how lucky he is to have a wife that games as much as he does and doesn't mind the guy get-togethers and activities! I probably enjoy being around them more than he does!

Ooooh I'm so excited!!! Is it 5:00 yet so I can get my packing on and really prepare?!?

Last edited by ~*Jackie*~; June 9th, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
June 9th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Awww, your too cute! Are you excited for Halo Reach??? Guess what I got to try out yesterday, Microsoft came into our office and gave the Electronics and video game team a chance to try out........ Project Natal!!! it was cool!!! Now, right now they dont have any shooter games or anything cool like that planned for playing with Natal, but Microsoft has over 30 publishers and they have had Project Natal for over a year, so I am hoping there will be some cool games to play on it.
I made an extreme dodgeball on it. I think this is a neat idea, but it can`t be for games where you need to play for 40 hours.. cuz that would be very tiring.. and talk about some good exorcise!! haha

Wow.. that`s a lot of people!!! you will definitely have fun!!
Me too!! Mine was a guy too!! hahaha!! DH was a little peeved in the beginning when we dated in high school, but he got over it because like you said, thats just me!! And yes, he is very lucky to have a wife who is a gamer!!!

Awww, before you know it you will be on the road ... 5:00 hurry and come!!!
June 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
You know, we played the Reach Beta while it was up for a few weeks, but I wasn't impressed. We still play a ton of Halo 3 online with our friends (where our group originated), but I find myself playing Modern Warfare 2 more and more-- I love first person shooters- that's my thing!

Sounds like we have a lot in common!!! I hope you catch that eggie while I'm gone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search