Jackie's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you Glenda!

Thanks for the tips on the contacts, girls!! I'm way more nervous about taking OUT the contacts than putting them in. I guess I'll be practicing tomorrow with a trial pair. They want me to try them for 5-7 days then go back and see the doctor and make sure all is well. Eek!! Karin- I'm also concerned about sitting at a computer all day. I do that, so I'm not sure how well this will work for every day use. Ideally I would like to wear them at work and take them out when I get home, but my eyes will probably get too tired. I'm planning at this point to just be able to wear them out if we go somewhere, and for our beach trip, etc. Just the pure option will be fabulous!

Hope you all have a happy weekend. 2.5 more hours til I can get outta here and go get my hair done. Nikki- perhaps I'll post a pic on FB (I love before and after hair pics) but not on here probably.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 16th, 2012, 11:44 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep, that's exactly what I do...wear them for beach outings, concerts, or anyplace where it is just more convenient to not have glasses (like when we went skydiving!). I hate wearing them all the time, but I LOVE having the option!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Well just popping in to say hi. Nothing exciting going on... just a typical 2ww; I am 6dpo today. My temp is a little down today (I know I know, I need to put that thing away), but whatever. I have to keep in mind that my body is doing something different than it's done for a year. *and must remember that!*

Ok, so I got my contacts on Saturday. After a long time of attempting to get the first one in, it finally worked, lol. I was embarrassed, but I seriously couldn't get it to stick!! I wore them for about 2 hrs Saturday and had a hard time getting them back out. My right eye was feeling irritated, so I took them out (I am only supposed to wear them a few hours a day for a while). I went to put them back in yesterday morning for a few hours and my right eye's blood vessels were all inflamed and sticking out on the side. I still put that one in and it HURT like crazy. So I took them out and didn't wear them at all yesterday. My eye is feeling a lot better today, so I'll try again tonight after work. The prescription isn't quite right (he did something to the prescription because of my astigmatism) so I go back Wednesday evening to re-evaluate and probably adjust the prescription a little. We'll see. My eyes were super tired just after those 2 hrs Saturday, so I don't know how awful much I'll wear these things, but it'll be nice to have them. I immediately went to the store after my appointment, sans eyeglasses, and bought a cute pair of sunglasses! It's all I wanted, haha!

Hope you all have a great day!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

March 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Welcome back, Jackie! You may not remember me, you left shortly after I joined, but I did always like seeing your occasional updates. I have been wearing contacts for 16 years, and still always have trouble getting fresh ones out, like the first few days of a new pair. I guess because they fit really tight to the eye at first? I don't know if you suffer from seasonal allergies, but mine are a royal pain during allergy season - just a warning! I wish I could wear my glasses more, but I am SO blind that I can't even see to put makeup on or do my hair, or even freaking shave in the shower, and I can't do those things with glasses on!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
March 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Saw your FB pics, and you look amazing!! Cant believe it has been a year - we have all missed you, and hooray for Florida in a few months - Clearwater Beach is AWESOME!!

PS-Cant wait till your BFP dream comes true <3
Coley likes this.
March 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Welcome back, Jackie! You may not remember me, you left shortly after I joined, but I did always like seeing your occasional updates. I have been wearing contacts for 16 years, and still always have trouble getting fresh ones out, like the first few days of a new pair. I guess because they fit really tight to the eye at first? I don't know if you suffer from seasonal allergies, but mine are a royal pain during allergy season - just a warning! I wish I could wear my glasses more, but I am SO blind that I can't even see to put makeup on or do my hair, or even freaking shave in the shower, and I can't do those things with glasses on!
I do remember you! My prescription isn't awful, so I can still do those daily tasks. I just really wanted to be able to wear sunglasses again, lol! I tried them again last night and well I think something is wrong with the right one. It'll be fine for about 5 minutes, then it starts to get blurry, as if I have something (goo or something) in my eye and even if I take it out and put it back in, it never clears up. Also, I can see something out of my peripheral vision on that side, so something isn't right. I am supposed to go back tomorrow, but I am going to check to see if my new glasses will be in first. I'm not wasting a trip there if I can't at least try out my glasses... since I obviously haven't been successful trying my contacts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
Saw your FB pics, and you look amazing!! Cant believe it has been a year - we have all missed you, and hooray for Florida in a few months - Clearwater Beach is AWESOME!!

PS-Cant wait till your BFP dream comes true <3
Thank you so much, T! I am down 18 pounds since our FET last year, and I have about 10 to go to tone up and be where I will be happy. I just finished up the 6 week 6 pack (well, I kinda dropped it halfway through level 2 because I hated it) and started up the 30 day shred again (3rd time through). I have some serious work to do before I will put that bikini on in public! I'll probably do the shred, do level 1 of the 6w6p again (it did wonders), then we'll see.

As for cycle stuff... still nothing much going on. Lots of air in my tummy for some reason and my temp went back up. It's where it should be for 7dpo so yay. I guess we'll see if the witch shows in another week. I have a feeling the 2ww 'symptoms' will be numerous since being off the pill... but I don't have one test in the house so she has to be days late before I would even think about POAS!

March 20th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a Florida trip!! It did wonders for us!!! Clearwater Beach was definitely one of my favorite parts of the trip. I wish the weather had been warmer for us so we could've had more than one beach trip... but it was wonderful for February!! Are you and Tonya gonna try to meet up for lunch or something while you're in town too?

Sounds like you'll be very busy with all those workouts! I need to drag my butt down to the gym because I need to tone up. It's just so hard getting off my butt!

March 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM
How's your eye doing today?

March 20th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
How's your eye doing today?
Fine without contacts, lol! It really is ok (the day off helped), so now I think the contact is an issue after yesterday's debacle! I'll give them a call this afternoon and try to figure something out. I'll probably still try it again tonight just because, but I imagine it just doesn't fit right or something.

March 20th, 2012, 09:19 AM
It took me a few different tries to find contacts that fit my eye well. My DH can wear one kind, and mine are very different. Also make sure it wasn't inside out! I've done that more than a few times, and it always sucks!

March 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
That makes me feel better, Karin! And I did make sure it wasn't inside out- I figured it was something I did!

I'll give it another go tonight!

March 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg how did I miss this??? It is so good to hear from you (although I do keep up with you on Facebook) and I have to say you look AMAZING!!!! I hope your ends pain doesn't come back to badly!! And I hope that dream of yours comes true. I think about the old TTC#1 girls all the time that I am hoping one day will pop in here and say "I am pregnant!" you are on the top of that list

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

March 21st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Thank you SO much, Megan. I am always following you too and your journey. I really hope that I will get to exclaim that one of these days!!

8dpo today

All I will say is holy gas!!! I'm sure it's just the progesterone my body is producing, but wow. It's been a long time. It started yesterday.
Otherwise, not obsessing- still temping and just hoping that the witch doesn't show up at the end of next week.

Happy Wednesday! I'm back off to the eye doctor this afternoon. My glasses are in (yay) so hopefully the prescription in those feels better than in my contacts. I'm hoping we'll just try a different brand since I am not having success with my current ones. With DH's advice, I didn't even try mine again last night. He told me I shouldn't have to overcome something with them- they are either right or not. I guess he's right. Ok, back to work!

March 21st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Sorry 'bout the gas. That can be a real pain!! Hope the witch takes a loooong detour away from your house!

I agree with DH... contacts shouldn't be that tough. It sounds like something is up with that particular lens.

Hope you like your new glasses!!

March 21st, 2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks, Nikki! You got me in the mood for pancakes! I may be meeting DH for dinner after my appointment... and I just may need to get pancakes now!

The glasses I got are different- it was between 2 pairs; one that was very similar to mine now, and one quite different. Although I'm one that doesn't like change, I was lured into these new ones, so we'll see!!
Coley likes this.

March 21st, 2012, 06:33 AM
Pancakes for dinner are always most excellent!!! I highly recommend it!!

I'll be keepin' my eyes peeled on FB for a pic of the new glasses!!

March 21st, 2012, 06:48 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Jackie. I don't think I met you when you are in the board before. I'm Dawn and I am a co-host on the board. I just wanted to pop on and introduce myself.

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 21st, 2012, 07:23 AM
@ Nikki- Oh I know it!! Jon makes them for me from time to time for dinner. I LOVE pancakes!

@ Dawn- hi and nice to meet you too!! I was very active here from April 2008 until March of 2011... then I was on a year hiatus. I'm glad to be back, although it may be for a limited time.

March 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
how did I miss this?????!!! I of course see you on FB but I didn't realize you were actively trying again

Progesterone did crazy things to me too.... but totally worth it if it works!!!! Happy to see you are back on the TTC bandwagon and I hope it's a very short ride for you!
March 21st, 2012, 11:22 AM
Thank you, Lyz!! I just kind of sneaked back on the scene! Yeah, we're taking a few months off the pill (it just kind of stopped working and I was in pain and had constant spotting the last month), so I am doing a little reset of sorts... and of course trying while we can. I'm trying to stay as low stress as possible (but came back here because I missed talking about and reading about TTC!!), and just going to use OPKs only (except this cycle- I didn't have any so I am temping). Thanks for always cheering us on...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search