Jackie's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cycle Day 28; 9dpo

Nothing much to report!! Bloated on and off and still no sore bbs. I really can't remember when that would start though. Not sure what to expect with the first cycle back and my body trying to figure things out. Temp is still up there, so at least that seems to be going my way.

I picked up my new glasses last night and they make me feel taller. I feel like I'm floating a bit from the new prescription, but I'll get used to it. Things are soooooo clear!!! YAY! We also did all kinds of exam stuff with bright lights and looking at letters again to figure out the contacts. He gave me a new left lense because it needed the astigmatism adjustment too (I was just on the edge of needing it for contacts (already have it for both in glasses) so that's all he had to adjust. As for the right eye issues, he checked the lense and fit and everything and it seemed to be ok. He gave me these different kind of drops to help moisten.. he's thinking it's partly allergies and partly my eye wanting to tell me something foreign is in it. All I can do is try them again, so I will tonight.

Happy Thursday, ladies!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know if I'm not supposed to get my hopes up, but I soooo want to see this cycle end in a BFP for you. I am on the edge of my computer chair!!! I am praying for this to happen for you and Jon.
I also felt like I was extra tall when I got my new glasses last time... And I have such problems with the last contacts that I had, I never wore them. I would put them in in the morning and by afternoon, my eyes would be bloodshot and irritated...my DH suggested getting the daily disposables...IDK...I would love to have contacts again...if only to wear them in the summertime ( I love to wear some sunglasses too!! )

March 22nd, 2012, 06:49 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
@ Dawn- hi and nice to meet you too!! I was very active here from April 2008 until March of 2011... then I was on a year hiatus. I'm glad to be back, although it may be for a limited time.
Ok, I joined this forum April 2011 so I just missed you. I hope you stay is short and sweet this time!

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 23rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Glenda!! I miss you so much. Don't get your hopes up- you can't!! Today is 10dpo and nothing new to report. I had a few quick spurts of AF-like cramps yesterday, and I'm starting to get a little bloated again today. Otherwise nothing. No sore bbs, temp is up, and that is about it.

@ Dawn- thanks so much!

So nothing new to report today. AF is due next Wednesday, so unless she isn't here by Friday, I won't be testing. She's usually right on time so I won't have much guesswork. The weather is going to be absolutely perfect again today.. low 80s (YES 80s in MARCH) and full sunshine. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain all weekend. I had hopes of being outside in a bikini top washing my car in the sun, but I guess that won't happen. By the time I get home from work, the sun is on its way down and it's not quite as toasty. We don't really have any plans this weekend, which is nice. We just have to run out to a hardware store and get some plumbing stuff. We're going to be installing a new shower (we already bought it but haven't started any of the legwork yet). We need to get all the little hardware stuff now. Jon's uncle will be helping (thank Goodness- I know nothing about plumbing.) Hopefully it will be done in a couple weeks.. we shall see! I'll definitely post pics (we have to add a wall because we currently have a corner shower and this one is a bigger rectangle one).

Happy Friday all!!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

March 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah... I wanna enjoy this last day of warm weather before the chilly rainy weekend. Blech! We got all spoiled! Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the weather to warm back up.

You should definitely do Before & After pics of your shower!! I love home improvement projects!!

Happy Friday!!!

March 23rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Happy Friday! Did you try out your new contacts last night?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 23rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Happy Friday! Did you try out your new contacts last night?
Yes, much better!!! The left prescription is PERFECT and the right one only blurred for a little bit after I put them in. I used the drops he gave me (prescription ones I guess- "blink" or something like that)- it is supposed to replace tear film, which he thinks is a problem I may be having due to allergies or something. I wore them for a little about 3.5 hours after work, so much more successful. We were playing video games last night and my eyes couldn't handle it anymore by that time, lol. I'll do the same again tonight! I still have to go back to see the doctor on Wednesday, but hopefully by then, I'll be used to getting them in and out and have a quick/easy appointment. I already told DH he is going too so we can have another impromptu dinner date.

March 23rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Oh YAY! I'm so glad. I know when I first started wearing mine, I could only wear them for a couple hours a day at first, so that's pretty normal. Keep it up, and you'll be used to them in no time! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Well hey there......I decided to lurk here today and just look who I found!

March 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, Danny did the same thing... He'd wear them for a few hours until he could feel his eyes getting tired, then he'd switch to his glasses.

I'm so glad you're having more success and getting more comfortable with them. My vision is quite good for the most part, but I can imagine how amazing it must feel to be able to see clearly through your eyes without anything on your face or to have clear peripheral vision for the first time!

March 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Hi Ash! I miss you so much.

Nikki- thanks!! I wore them quite a few hours each day this weekend too, so I think things will be ok. I have to go back to the eye doctor on Wednesday though so he can check my eyes I guess.

Cycle Day 2

Yup, the witch came after what my temps would have called an 11 day LP. My shortest ever was 13, so either it's because my body is adjusting to being off of the pill, or I O'd earlier than my temps showed. Either one is a good possibility. Either way, it sucks. I still had hope yesterday morning and that quickly turned into AF. It was the fastest she's ever come on- weird.

I had to take a percocet to get through the night, which sucks too. I am less sore this morning but bleeding pretty badly and I am pretty miserable. I'm debating leaving here around lunch time to go home, get some meds in me, and just chill. I could probably stick it out here, but it's so tough sometimes with the pain and bleeding. We'll see. I'm more mad about my workout schedule, but I guess I can adjust it. I was planning on the witch around Wednesday so I wanted to have a few good hard workouts in before her... now I have to do it the opposite way! Oh well, a one week setback it's the worst I guess. Sigh.

Sorry for being down. I just get so emotional sometimes when the witch is in town, and I swear I get so much hope each cycle and then it crashes down around me when she's in town. I'll be all picked back up in a few days, but for now, I shall sulk a little.

March 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugghhh. That sucks. I hope that this AF and pain go away quickly.

If me wishing for you to get a BFP was all it took..you'd be puttin Michelle Duggar to shame by now!
Feel better soon! You look so healthy and you are doing so well with working out...I hope this will be the boost you need!
fromustobaby likes this.

March 26th, 2012, 11:09 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
JACKIE!!!!I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!

I'm so sorry the witch showed her face early... I'm really hope she makes a quick exit and that your pain goes away!!! I have now started stalking you again!!
March 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry about the . It is always a hard time when she shows.

March 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks, girls... And Jacklyn Stalk away! Not much to see here though!

I ended up having another rough go at it last night. I had a hard time sleeping (I didn't want to take another Percocet although I should have). I ended up taking more ibuprofen at 4am and called in and decided to go into work late. I had no choice. I was bleeding SO much yesterday, so I'm sure it all goes hand in hand. No one can tell me my lining couldn't have been thick this time!

I have an awful headache and a bit dizzy.. just losing lots of nutrients although I think she's on her way to slowing down and exiting. I am really hoping I can get back to working out tomorrow night... or at the very latest Thursday. UGH!!

So this cycle, there's not much of a plan. Still staying relaxed and doing this whole thing naturally. I bought digi opks and will start using them around day 13. I do think I'll continue to temp as well... although it didn't seem to help me pinpoint AF this cycle! So now enters the boring week or so of the cycle...

March 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cycle Day 5

Still the yawny boring part of the cycle, lol. I *think* the witch is for real going away this time. She fooled me once at the end of day 3 and was here yesterday still. Today's just spotting, so maybe some BD this weekend.

Nothing much going on life wise either. I'll be so glad tomorrow that it will be Friday. Jon and I have some things to get done at home this weekend- the first grass cutting of the year, we have a tree that died 2 years ago to chop down and clean up, and we want to go buy a few trees to plant in the front yard. We've settled on flowering plums. We have 1 so we are going to add 2 to the other side of the driveway. They bloom so bright- I will share a picture sometime of ours from the last year. We are also getting a firepit. We've been talking about it for our patio. We have a fire pit in the yard, you know, where you burn branches on Saturday mornings, but it's pretty far from the basement where we have to haul wood from... so we are getting one of those nice metal pits for our patio and I can't wait! I am drooling from the thought of s'mores made much more conveniently (well on an open fire anyway).

Well, have a great afternoon/evening! I have some work to get done, then I will try to re-motivate myself to workout tonight. It's way too hard when the witch is here, but I haven't had pain since first thing this morning, so I should be good to go. I'm back to the 30 day shred 4 days a week and then on Fridays I am doing the "no more trouble zones" dvd, which is 50+ minutes long. I think this will be my recipe to toning.

March 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
DH and I have been discussing putting a fire pit I the backyard. We would like one in the ground but becuse we live in the city we have to follow the rules and have it x feet away from the house which would be right in the middle of our yard and we don't know if we want on right in the middle, especially once we have kids. I think having one on your patio would be a nice place for one .

I have he JM 30 day shred. I tried to do it everyday for 30 days and failed lol. I have a hard time doing that workout, it hurts my knees and I am training for a half marathon and figured I need me knees to work good for that so after my half marathon I may attempt the 30 shred .

March 29th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post

I have he JM 30 day shred. I tried to do it everyday for 30 days and failed lol. I have a hard time doing that workout, it hurts my knees and I am training for a half marathon and figured I need me knees to work good for that so after my half marathon I may attempt the 30 shred .
I've heard it give a ton of people trouble with their knees so you aren't alone! It hasn't ever bothered my knees (this is my 3rd time working through the shred), but I do get shin splints after about a week of it. If I skip the jump roping and instead do butt kicks or high knees, I'm fine.

Good luck with your half marathon!! That's awesome!!

March 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
We have lots of outdoor work planned for the weekend, too, and the weather is supposed to be perfect for it

Glad to hear the witch is leaving you!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
March 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to let you know that I'm stalking you

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search