Jackie's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
I've heard it give a ton of people trouble with their knees so you aren't alone! It hasn't ever bothered my knees (this is my 3rd time working through the shred), but I do get shin splints after about a week of it. If I skip the jump roping and instead do butt kicks or high knees, I'm fine.

Good luck with your half marathon!! That's awesome!!
Thanks! Good luck with your 30 day shred. I do wonder if I wasn't running if that would make a difference with my knees, but I have heard a couple other people say the same thing.

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 30th, 2012, 06:17 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
We have lots of outdoor work planned for the weekend, too, and the weather is supposed to be perfect for it

Glad to hear the witch is leaving you!
Yes, the weather should be great! It'll be a little chilly tomorrow, which should be good for the tree project and buying our fire pit. Sunday will be a good day to get the grass done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I'm stalking you
Thanks, Val. I've been bad about updating the group, but we're back at it again.. hoping for a miracle before I need to hide under BCP again!

Cycle Day 6
Wow, really? Time has flown I think. I'll be POAS in a week again! It's still the boring part of the cycle, but just glad that the witch is leaving, the pain is diminishing, and I can get back at it again.

I didn't work out last night still and I feel guilty about it. Then of course I have been CRAVING pizza like no other so we are getting that tonight. I only gained back a half pound since I've been off my routine for a week, but still, now I have to re-work that half pound back off, lol! I am still a ways away from my goal for June 1st, so I have 2 months to get this thing done!!

Happy Friday, ladies! I am thrilled it's so close to the weekend. It's been a long week!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 22nd, 2012, 06:33 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Always wishing for a BFP for you!

July 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you Glenda.

I guess it's time for an update (not much to give though!) since I've been away from JM for almost 4 months.

I am currently awaiting the witch's arrival after yet another unsuccessful cycle. Per the advice of a fellow JM sister, I was introduced to bee propolis, which is a natural supplement I started taking at the beginning of this cycle. I have been taking 500mg twice a day, as that is the recommended dosage. Studies (albeit few) have shown that bee propolis may have a positive anti-inflammatory effect on endometriosis, so I figured what do I have to lose? I haven't had any side effects from it (thank Goodness, since I am allergic to a certain wasp, but not necessarily all bees), and I feel like I've been in a better mood (for the most part lol). I am going to try it for a few months and see if it makes any difference with endo pain. I know I am already doing better than last month, given I already had my temp drop and haven't had much cramping at all. Last month, while we were at the beach, I was cramping hardcore for 2 or 3 days before the witch came. This doesn't mean it won't happen, but I am trying to be as positive as I can about this. Anything to keep me naturally off the pill, which still gives me that natural (yet very small) chance each month. I am really hoping I notice some kind of pain decrease in the next few months, and this may be a short term solution. A BFP would just be an added bonus. I will continue temping (just not as hardcore as I once was!) and using OPKs so I know that we at least gave it a shot and so I can prepare for AF.

As for non-TTC talk, I can't believe the summer is on the downward side of the hump! We had an awesome time in Florida with my parents; the weather was amazing and we left ONE day before the tropical weather started hitting. It got super bad in the area we were in, so we really lucked out! Then we had our annual gaming trip to Cincinnati a week ago- another amazing time with memories that can't be outdone. We had 27 there this year, which is pretty insane, and we had just so much fun together. We have a family reunion coming up at my parents' this weekend, so that should be nice. I am hoping AF doesn't upset too much of my plans though. She's due Wednesday, but with that temp drop this morning, I imagine she'll be making her way to me tomorrow sometime.

Well, just felt the need to say hello. I do read from time to time, but a lot of times, I just can't bring myself to post. In a lot of ways, this chapter of my life is closed, and in some ways, it's not. It depends on what I'm feeling that day. Today, even though this cycle is a bust, I am feeling quite positive and hoping that our miracle will still come. My mind is focused on getting closer to the time period of meeting up with my last frozen embies in the lab, and with the weight loss and changes I've made, I am really hoping that it benefits them this time. I'll probably wait until after the first of the year to start the re-testing, SHG, repeat bloodwork, all that fun stuff, and then shoot for an April transfer time I think. April sounds like a good month, and I don't want to repeat a Feb or March transfer now that those months are tainted for me transfer-wise!! I think if I get the ball rolling again, and have some talks with my RE at the end of the year, we will figure out a new plan. I need to have a sit down with him, look him in the eyes though, and basically remind him that we have TWO shots left (maybe only one depending on how many he would want to transfer or how many make the thaw) and that we need to do everything we can to ensure this is in our best odds. So as for now, just naturally trying to reduce my endo pain.
I'll try to pop in more often- 4 months is a little long to post I suppose.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Thanks for popping in! I can understand your reluctance to post, and believe me, there are MANY of us here who understand that very well. I'm glad the bee propolis is seeming to help your endo pain, that's a step in the right direction - honestly, TTC or not! Any supplement that is helpful without side effects is a positive!

I agree, this summer is flying by! We were just talking about our August plans, and once Aug hits, it will be over before we know it!

Pop in every now and again We like when you do!
July 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Nice to hear from you, Jackie! I hope the bee propolis continues to help you, and, even more, that you get a surprise BFP!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 31st, 2012, 06:41 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Jackie, just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm still stalking and so glad that you are giving natural supplements a try! Hope the witch is much nicer
August 1st, 2012, 03:46 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
It was great to hear from you Jackie! Sounds like you got to do some fun things this summer!!! I hope you get your surprise BPF before you have to go back to RE.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 2nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My fingers are always crossed for you hun!
August 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girlie

Glad the witch wasn't her usual evil self. I'm hoping it will only get better for ya and even bring ya a BFP
Yahoo for some time with family and friends...always super fun

February 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure if you check in anymore but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. Hope things are going well with you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search