Paige's TTC Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't normally do journals or blogs or anything but I thought this might help me out. Here's my story. It's probably be kind of long.

As long as I remember my cramps have been HORRIBLE. Throwing up passing out horrible. The got much worse in college. I went through three GYN's before the fourth finally listened to me. By that point I was just telling the doctors "this is what I have" and they ignored me. The Dr. tried different BC pills but they didn't work. Then I had laparoscopy to remove endo. He found it on my bowels, right ovary, and uterus. A few months later the pain came back. Then I went on Lupron for a year and a half. A few months later the pain was back again. That Dr. didn't believe the endo was back so he sent me to a urologist and a gastroenterologist. Nothing. He still wouldn't do anything so I changed to another Dr. in his practice. The first thing he said was lets do the surgery again. A month later, 10 days after I got married, I had it again. (no sex for 30 days after ) Pain came back. Two years of Depo. I stopped the Depo 1 1/2 years ago and started Nuva ring. Stopped that in December. This is Cycle 6 of TTC. My GYN told me I needed to have all the children I wanted before 30.

Here I am 27 with none. Monday I have my first appointment with the OB/GYN to check me out and see if I have fertility issues. I keep wondering if my female problems are my fault. Up until I met my husband I didn't want kinds. Now that I've changed my mind it feels like it's too late.

DH is in the Army and right now he is working for NATO in the Netherlands. Feb. was 2 years that we have been here and I have never been more homesick in my life. December I get to go back home

You ladies here are an inspiration to me. I know what I've been through is nothing compared to what some of you have. Seeing so many BFP's lately has given me so much hope.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
June 4th, 2009, 07:14 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the boards - you've definitely had quite the journey already...I hope that all the tests come out well and that your stay here is short and sweet
June 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
It's been a long day. I didn't temp this morning because I had to get up at 5:45 to go pick up DH at work and I knew the temp wouldnt be worth anything taking it three hours before I usually do. DH works 24 hour shifts sometimes and rides his bike to work. We had a nice breakfast before I had to take him to the Dr. He had a spot on his face that the doc said was pre-cancerous so a dermatologist had to look at it. Thankfully he is fine.

So, I started the OPK's Wednesday since I'm still not exactly sure when I O yet. Yesterdays line was darker than Wed. but today's was lighter so I have no idea what is going on. I'm cramping a little bit though so I'm going to guess I'm getting ready to O. According to FF I'm probably fertile right now. I don't know if it's going by my temps or just when it said I O last month. My mom asked me last night when I was going to give her grandchildren. I wanted to say I'm trying but it isn't happening but I just said soon.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for the stuff you have been through already. I REALLY hope you can get your BFP very soon, so you can put this journey behind you. Thank you for sharing your story.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

June 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey! I really hope that they are able to do something to help you for good!!!!!!! I look forward to getting to know you! HAPPY FRIDAY
June 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hi paige! I'm Nancy (24) welcome to the journals!! I can't wait to get to know you better =0 )

June 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Today is going to be more of a vent. Another OPK today and still negative. Negative as in I could only see the second line if I squinted really hard. I think the IC are exactly that, cheap On to my vent. On the way to the commissary this morning I saw a guy driving around with his 5-6 year old standing up in the seat. Then once there there was a 4-5 year old outside playing on the playground while her dad was inside shopping. No other kids or parents out there. I realize it is a military base and you have to have an ID to get on. Yes there are guys with big guns at the gate. That does not mean that the military is immune to perverts and kidnappers. Maybe once I have kids I will change my mind but I don't think so. Then at work some mom left her kid in front of the TV in the audio department. I don't know how old this kid was. He said mama and papa and a few other words but unfortunately it was Greek. Literally Greek. Nobody understood the poor thing. Finally his mom showed up. She had left him by himself in the store to go to the clothes store across the street. Lastly, we had to call the MP's (which we have to do at least 3 times a month) because someone had left their infant in the car. It didn't get above 55 here today. The poor thing was in there at least 30 minutes. Today was one of those days where all I could do is say it's not flippin fair that these people have kids and some of us try so hard and it just doesn't happen. I'm getting very moody and cry-ie which I'm assuming means O is coming so I wanted to strangle these people while crying at the same time.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 8th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I said goodbye to DH this morning. I was and am very sad. I know he's going to be gone less than a week but in the almost three years we've been married we haven't spent 24 hours apart. I know I was aggravated about those IC OPK's but I'm beginning to think that there is nothing wrong with them. I don't think I'm going to O this month. CD16 and no temp rise or positive OPK. I had EWCM one day but now it's gone as well. I guess I will find out in less than two hours if the doctor does an U/S which I'm guessing she will since I'm in the O time frame of the cycle. Will post more when I get back.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 8th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Oh, honey sorry you are so sad I would hate it if my DH had to leave ever! I didn't like the IC, or the Answer OPK's. Now I'm using the expensive, but more reliable Clearblue, and though I have not had a positive yet, I like them much better. I really hope that you get your + OPK and your temp. rise soon! Good luck with the U/S
June 8th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I'm sorry your hubby has to leave you... I am the same way- in almost 5 years of marriage, we've never spent a night apart either... Lots of HUGS!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

June 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
My doctors appointment went well yesterday. The doctor was surprisingly nice with a good bedside manner. No offense to any Dutch ladies but the dutch doctors are so much different than the US that it's hard to get used to. They are very straightforward and brutally honest. It was too late in this cycle to do anything so CD3 of my next cycle I go in to have my LH, prolactin, progesterone, and two other things check. Then starting CD10 I will go in every two to three days for U/S to see if I am releasing eggs.

I updated my information on FF for my last cycle adding my - and + OPK. Doing that took away my ovulation day. I finally got a +OPK today on CD17. My temp still hasn't gone up though. This morning it dipped from 98.0 to 97.7. Some web sites and OPK say O will happen in 24-48 hours and some say 24-72. Either way I don't know if my LP will be long enough for me to be able to get pregnant this month I would love to not have to have all of those tests run next month but glad the doctor is doing them. That way if I'm not pregnant by the time we move back to Alabama in December I can get a referral to my old OBGYN and have the lap to remove endo again.

On a much happier note DH comes home tomorrow. I hope he won't be too tired to BD since O is imminent but he had a 3 1/2 hour car ride, followed by a 8 hour plane ride. Shortly after a 2 hour plane ride followed by 6-7 hours in the desert. Then a 8-9 hour plane ride followed by 3 1/2 more hours in the car. I have a feeling he will be way too exhausted.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 9th, 2009, 12:41 PM
baby:mama's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to baby:mama
I have a feeling he might be too exhausted too, but you can catch him after he rests!! I am glad to have you here. I just started blogging too. I like the others hope that your stay is short and you get your BFP very soon!!!!

Thanks to Kiliki for my siggy
June 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Despite the +OPK my temps still have not gone up. I don't think I'm actually going to O this month. Even if I do, or have, my LP would be at the most 10 days. I know next month I start the hormone tests and multiple U/S but I was still hoping that this would be the month and I wouldn't have to. I know so many people have been through a lot more than me but I'm still feeling pretty bummed right now.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 11th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hope you feel better and Yay for DH coming home FWIW~ I think that you may have O'd yesterday!
June 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I think we'll see a temp rise tomorrow! Hope you were able to BD!

June 12th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks for trying to keep my spirits up ladies. My temp dropped 0.1 degrees today. So now I'm on to reminding myself that I start the fertility screening next month and the next I'll probably be on Clomid. In all the relief that my doc was sending me for testing without having to try for a year I forgot about what a pain TriCare is. For those non military ladies it's like pulling teeth to get anything done. Apparently now they only pay for 1 ultrasound when pregnant. That's nuts. Now I'm staring to worry that they won't pay for the ultrasounds every 2-3 days. There is no way DH and I can afford it. At home maybe but medical costs are a little bit more here plus they are in euros. My 8 visits to the physical therapist after I broke my leg was almost 1000 dollars. Life is difficult. I'm also in one of my witchy moods. Yesterday I wanted to strangle my supervisor at work. She's one of those people that's always all in your business. Trying to tell me how to do my job when she's been there 4 months and I've been there 18. The customers were driving me nuts too. Some days I'm perfectly able to deal but yesterday know. Some nationalities are just mean, some way too loud, some way too cocky, and some lazy and rude. And no I'm not discriminating we Americans have our faults too

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 12th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Sorry you haven't O'd yet... it isn't too late though- before I started meds, I wasn't O'ing until CD 21-23ish. Here's some O dust, girl!

June 12th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Here's some more...: dust: Hope today is better for you! Happy Friday
June 12th, 2009, 12:15 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Darn it! Paige, I was sooo convinced you were going to O! O

June 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Round two for today. I broke down and bought a Jenny reading. Two hours later I get my response.

Your reading reveals that your BFP news comes the month of July from a cycle that begins the end of June. The pregnancy shows as twin boys - identical - and their EDD is referenced the month of March (around the 25th) and their birth is shown around the 26th of February 2010.

Even knowing that there is like a 10% chance this is real it still makes me happy. I would love to have twin boys. I always have. I have a lot of mucus tonight just not EWCM and sharp ovary pains. I'm going to seduce DH tomorrow just in case it's not too late. I've been reading some of the other journals tonight and it's amazing how much strength women have.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: