Heather's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2009, 06:13 AM
baby:mama's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to baby:mama
I found out today that my RE called on my cell phone and left a msg to call back on FRIDAY!! UGH!!!!! I leave my cell on vibrate since I am a teacher and I don't want my phone ringing as my principal does a walk thru. : ( So I left them a msg to call me back on Monday. I am trying to keep my mind off of it so I went to see New Moon to be distracted by Jacob's abs. Oh my goodness. They were distracting. Movie was pretty good but the eye candy made the movie : ) We are gearing up to celebrate our first Thanksgiving without DH's mom. He is doing pretty well. I assume the actual day is going to be the hardest. I just hope that I can be the support he needs. I am not really sure what I can do to ease this pain for him but just letting him know that I love him and that I miss her too is the best I can do.
My cousin who is pregnant was at our family side Thanksgiving celebration last nite. She has not been sleeping well. I pray for her to get this next months rest to prepare for delivery in January. My SIL is struggling like me to get pregnant. She has PCOS ( I think it is the correct acronym). She is not ovulating. My brother said she is not dealing with it very well. I thought I might turn her onto JM's website. You girls have always been supportive and upbeat as we all go through this journey. I think she needs this as well. Just knowing that you are not alone in this makes the biggest difference. Also the stories about experiences helps to ease one's mind. I am really thrilled I found this site. I hope for a holiday miracle. It would be nice to have a little joy this holiday season since things will be tough for us. Thanks girls for being there for me and others that are struggling to become pregnant.

Thanks to Kiliki for my siggy

Last edited by baby:mama; November 22nd, 2009 at 06:14 AM. Reason: left out the day RE called
November 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Well we heard back from the RE's office. Not so good news. Even with the urine sample after the SA DH still has no sperm. They want to do chromosonal testing to see if that is causing it and hormonal bloodwork and have him go the the urologist. We can not afford IVF which looks like our only way to conceive biological children. I laid eveything out on the table to my DH. I want to be a mom and I don't want to give up on that. I gave him options, adoption, foster care with adoption option, sperm donation, from annonymous or known donor possibly his dad?? My heart is heavy tonight. I feel like I am suffocating and the walls are closing in on me. How do I wake up from this nightmare? How can my only dream of being a mom be so far out of reach? Help me understand : (

November 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Heather...Im so sorry

I'm sorry you didn't get good news form the doctor...my heart is breaking for you.

I wish I could jump through the screen and give you big hug. I really hope and pray that y'all can figure out what is right for y'all. Again...I'm so sorry {{HUG}}

I really hope the urologist can give you some reasons why his sperm numbers are the way they are and that they will have a way to help get his count up.

November 26th, 2009, 09:19 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I'm so sorry you did not get the new you was hoping to hear from. Ask them if they can aspirate the sperm with a needle from the testicle or from the vas deferens??? Are you saying there's absolutely no sperm from everything? I haven't read your whole journal (as I am really tired from cooking thanksgiving dinner all night and served all day and just got home.).

I would get 2nd opinion. My DH is dealing with MFI as well. I so understand what you mean.. feel like it's UNFAIR you'd never have biological children... I've grieved and realized I need to be patient and do everything I can do in my power to make sure we would have exhausted every option. Yes it may be $$$ but so worth it.
PESA or TESA Sperm Aspiration & IVF ICSI vs. Reversal Surgery, Fertility Options after Vasectomy, Costs and Success Rates

I'm always a PM away.
January 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Well finally I am back. We went to the RE today. I did not ovulate last month according to my BW. We are ordering our sperm donation this week and I am going to have an US to check to make sure my ovaries are ready to pop out an eggie. RE said he wanted to make sure that I was ovulating. I got the CBE ovulation kit. He said that the internet cheapies were too sensitive and you might get too early of a reading that might result in a waste of $$$. So got that today. I bought some B6 cause I heard that will help even out my hormones and help me to ovulate and produce progesterone yadayadayada. I hope that in two weeks that we will get to do our IUI and two weeks after that we get our BFP. I am trying to stay positive.
I talked with my principal today about the opportunity of moving to kindergarten and I may even get to take my current assistant. I hope everything falls into place with this. That would be really great for next year. Also talked with principal about upcoming fertility treatments. She was really cool about it and said that she would work with me about my time that may or may not have to be taken from work. That was really a relief. Well that is all for now. Hopefully soon I will have good news to share. Lord knows I need it : )

January 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That all sounds wonderful!! KUP!!!

I hope you get that eggie this month!!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
January 24th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ordered my sperm last night. We got two vials per doctor's suggestion. I have an appointment scheduled on Feb 1 for my US of my ovaries to see if I have an eggie. I hope that there is one there all by itself without having to use fertility meds. If not that will be next but I have the baby juice there as DH calls it. I thought it was kind of neat b/c of the day I am going to get this done. It was 7 years ago DH and I had our first date. 2 weeks later when we will know the outcome Valentine's DAy is the day he proposed 3 years later. What better news could we get. DH birthday is the 21st of FEb so that would be an awesome bday gift. Please pray for us. I am nervous, scared, worried, excited, hopeful, and optimistic. What an emotional roller coaster : (

February 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Feeling very hopeful!! I tried not to get excited but everything had lined up so perfectly for this IUI.
Finally made it back to school today after 3 snow days. Thing is they are calling for winter weather during the night tonight so tomorrow may end up being another snow day!!! Kinda crazy. I hope my kids don't get too behind.

February 4th, 2010, 08:03 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Heather, must be nice just getting to hang aound but i can see that getting really boring fast too! I really hope this IUI worked for you and that you got magic sperm!! Good luck!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search