Ashley's TTC w/ PCOS Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
I don't have much time to write an entry as of right now, so I will just give information on my cycle and my symptoms. You can look at my FF chart if you'd like. I am bad at charting so not sure if it is accurate or not.

So, I started this cycle using Provera to start my period. I then took the BCP for a very short time, because I was told to, but changed my mind and changed doctors. Then, I bled for like a year. I even passed chunks that looked like it may have been my uterine lining, but not sure. I was told to take BCP 4x daily for 5 days, but the bleeding ended like the second day, so I discontinued it.

I have been actively TTC every chance that I have had. I think I may have ovulated on the 20th or so, because my temps dropped and are now trying to rise. Aside form that, my cervix was very soft and very opened, and is now less soft, and closed. I haven't had as much CM since then either. Here's to hoping I caught my eggie.

Today I don't have any symptoms of AF or of pregnancy so far, aside from feeling very tired. But I am always pretty tired anyhow. My boobs feel fine. No pain at all. When I am moving around, I feel some pressure in my right side, where my ovary should be, which may indicate that I have ovulated. I am on CD35, and tested - yesterday and today but, like I said, I think I just ovulated and it's WAY too early probably. I will probably test again in 5-7 days, which will be Sunday or Tuesday. If I start having any symptoms or my temps go up a lot, I will maybe test sooner.

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy!
June 23rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
I still don't have any time but I had to make a note of my ridiculous gas. I am sooooooo gassy today. I am usually a little gassy all the time but this is bad. It is hard to hold it in. TMI I know...embarrassing. So, I don't know if that is an actual symptom or if it is the popcorn I have been eating lately. My partner and I have been eating a ton of popcorn. lol

My cervix is pretty closed, so I really think that I have O'd already. I'm not sure when, but I think the 20th. Because I am so bad at charting, I really just try to BD every other day, all cycle long...when I am not bleeding, anyhow. We really don't feel comfortable with that mess. lol

Ummm...other than that, the pain or cramping in my side has gotten a little more intense at times today. This is another reason that I really think I ovulated. I hate that I don't know when. Ughhh!! Charting is difficult. lol

June 24th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I finally have some time to talk about what is going on with us this week. Obviously, I have no idea if I have ovulated. My chart is nuts. My body is acting nuts and I am a bad charter. lol.

Still, I have not gotten a BBT. I will most likely get that on Friday after we get our check and I can go shopping. lol. It is just so crappy to go 45 minutes away for little things I need. Again, that is the only bad thing about living out here in the middle of nowhere.

Sooo...since I have no idea what is going on I tested two days in a row. I didn't test today because I just know it is ridiculous for me to test right now. However, i feel like I may test tomorrow morning. I just want to know what is going on. Ummm...I am gonna order some OPKs and pregnancy tests on earlypregnancytests.com next week. I feel like that will possibly help me out in future cycles. Also, I think that I will try temping vaginally next cycle. I have heard that it may be more accurate. I am sick of these erratic temps. WTH???

Jerrod is getting pretty annoyed, as well. We are just really confused and don't know what to do. My appointment is not until the 7th with my new doctor. I am now upset that I didn't get to see her last Friday. I may just call in and talk to a nurse about my cycle and see what they think I should consider my actual period. If you look at the chart, the temps are higher during my bleeding episode than my temps are now. It was lower during the little spotting episode, so maybe that was a period? Maybe ovulation? My average cycle is 35 days, and this is CD36. My longest cycle, which was last cycle was 45 days. The one before was 42. So, I dunno. They may be getting further apart as I originally suspected. However, I took BCP in May, so maybe it will be closer. But when did my cycle REALLY start? What was the bleeding that started on CD12 and lasted to CD23? Ya know, the bleeding makes it a bit more difficult to conceive, obviously. Jerrod was really loving the BDing...probably more than me...so it has really had him down in so many ways. lol

So yeah...that's us as of now. Not a heck of a lot going on. We are mostly just planning ahead with the OPKs and what not for next cycle. Also, we are talking about starting a youtube TTC Journal and hopeful a pregnancy journal soon as well.

If and when we get to all that, I will keep everyone posted on the link and what not. Also, I will post my test results if I do decide to test tomorrow morning. I am open to suggestions at this point. Anyone have any on what to make of my crazy chart?

June 25th, 2009, 06:35 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a great charter but I reckon it might have something to do with your PCOS. Are you taking any kind of meds for that? I know some of the ladies take Metformin. Sorry about all your troubles, but the 7th is just around the corner....I hope you get some answers soon.
June 25th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks a lot. I can't wait til the 7th!! I wish I'd just get my BFP before that. lol

June 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your wacky cycle! I honestly had no idea what to think about all your bleeding. I'm sure the BC 4X a day thing had something to do with it, but I have no idea what. I've never heard that recommendation. I hope your new dr has some answers for you and a plan to help you get a BFP soon!
June 28th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Carla, the 4x a day was to stop the bleeding so I don't think it was the cause. I didn't take any of it until a couple days before the bleeding actually stopped. So, I don't know if it had anything to do with even the small spotting episode I had. However, that seems like a logical explanation for that little bit of bleeding...like a short withdrawal bleed maybe.

Anyhow, YAY!! I have charted my temps religiously for 9 days in a row. I am proud of myself. But I'm not sure if it is now more normal or more wacky. Anyone care to input? As far as Oing goes, if I have at all, it would be on CD32 or CD37 so I would be either 8DPO or 3DPO. Is it possible?

I am feeling a lot better today. yesterday was hell for me. I was so down in the dumps yesterday. But then I started coming up with new plans and it gave me more hope.

So that's it for today so far. Hope everybody is doing okay!! Come on BFPs!!!

June 28th, 2009, 03:11 PM
You sure did have a major temp jump on friday...I'm not sure how temps are affected by PCOS. Your temps are high so I'd wait a few more days to see if your temps get higher and maybe ff will give you crosshairs.
June 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
That's a possibility.

June 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
i hope you get your

June 30th, 2009, 05:54 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope you get some answers at your doctors apt. Your chart looks really good. When are you testing?

June 30th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Ya think it does? I wasn't thinking so. lol. Well, I tested already and got a BFN today...but it was with a dollar store test...the +/- kind that is $4...and I found that it detects 50 mlu so it is prob. too early if I am only 10 DPO. I was hoping to use a cheapie $1 test so that I would feel better about testing early. lol...but they were out of them. Instead, I was an idiot and bought the other kind and it became an evap, which ticks me off to no end. I hate blue dye tests, although I can tell an evap from a pos. on them most the time.

If I go into the city soon I will re-test with a $1 test or an FRER. I think I should wait though because I am not gonna except any SUPER faint lines right now, and we are budgeting this week because Jerrod wanted to go on a trip that took up a lot of our spending money I am definitely going into the city on Thursday, to the bank. I know I sound like someone who is riding a horse to town or something...lol. We live in BFE if you know what I mean.

June 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I'm sure Stef can agree with me that people think Texans ride horses to school. When I was younger, there was a girl who moved down here from a northern state and was shocked to find out we didn't get to school via horseback!!!

Good luck with your test on Thursday
June 30th, 2009, 08:09 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ashley
Can't wait until the 7th so you can see what your new doctor says. Do you temp same time every day before you get out of bed? I know that's really important to be able to track your temps and will help you get clear / accurate charts.

I hope that you get your BFP this cycle so you won't have to worry!

KUP!

July 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann View Post
I'm sure Stef can agree with me that people think Texans ride horses to school. When I was younger, there was a girl who moved down here from a northern state and was shocked to find out we didn't get to school via horseback!!!

Good luck with your test on Thursday
They do think that!

Only a couple more days until your doctors apt. YAY! I hope you get some answers. Here's a couple suggestions for your visit.
Print off your any FF charts and take them with you and make a list of questions you want to ask. Good luck. KUP.

July 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Hey everyone. I have not done a journal in a while, obviously. So, I guess it is time...while I wait on the results of my blood test.

Liss, I am so bad at taking my BBT at the same time every day. I go to bed at different hours of the night, so I figure it would be less accurate if I had different amounts of sleep...like 8 hours one day and 3 hours the next. lol. So I just try to make sure I take it every day...maybe once I get that down, I can get my sleeping patterns more under control. That is more difficult now that I hunt with Jerrod like every night. We never know when we will get home.

My appointment was GREAT!! I really like my new doctor. She is really easy to talk to and listens to me...can you believe it? She didn't push BCP on me at all. She said we will start my period with provera each cycle, and that if nothing happens in 6 months, it's clomid for me. She wrote me a scrip for provera and prenatal plus, which, my other doctor didn't even give me. How crazy is that? I was told not to take provera until I took a HPT, so I did and it had a VERY faint line. So I took another and it had one too, but maybe darker...and it showed up faster. I also had a + OPK, so I dunno. I went to the health department the first day, and it was negative so I took another. That is why I am getting blood tested. That's 3 lines so far vs. one negative. lol

So, I am setting here waiting and I am sure it is gonna take all day for them to call. I need to go get some milk but I am afraid to leave my house. We usually play tag, and I don't feel like it today. lol

I will update this when I get the call! Cross your fingers ladies!!

July 10th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Not pregnant. Blood test was negative. I am okay. May go MIA for a while though, so that I can just relax. I'm gonna take 1 or 2 weeks to cool off a bit. lol

July 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
sorry to hear that...you will be missed if you do mia for 1-2 weeks.

July 10th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks Naomi. I will miss everyone too. Truth be told, I seem to have an addiction to JM. haha. It is hard for me to not get on here, even when I should be doing my school work. I ran out of ink for my printer and have to set at my desk right now since I can't print out my stuff.

That makes it extra hard not to get on JM. It's right in front of me. lol. But I am gonna try, because I am spending too much time on TTC related stuff. I can't relax. haha

I hope you will or already have seen my journal on TTC board. It has pics of my tests I took. So nuts!!

July 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
So sorry hun...I was really hoping this would be it for you.

Glad your new doctor is better and yay...no BCP!!!!!

I totally understand needing to take a break from JM it is addictive. But just know we are always here for you and please check in every once in awhile to KUP on how things are going.

****Texas Sized Hug*****

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search