denalibear's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree62Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
okay its been a while Things have been really tough the last few months...the short story....my body sucks and I need serious surgery to fix it, DH still lives 3 hours away, the 1st summer school session kicked my butt, and money is tight.

The long story
The uterine fibroids are huge and my doc says they have to come out ASAP. I have decided to go ahead and do it mid July...we wont be able to have sex for 6 weeks and we wont be able to ttc for 8-10 weeks after surgery but hey...we've been trying for years to have a kids...I can wait a few weeks

The best news...she got me an appointment with an RE last Friday. It went well...he put me on BCP (YUCK) he said it was to help keep the lining thin for surgery....and even better...he wants to be part of the fibroid removal surgery so he knows what is in there and what we will have to work with when we are able to start TTC

He did an ultrasound and he said the number of follicles looks great...but he agreed with my OBGYN that my fibroids were huge and needed to go. On Thursday he is going to do SIS (saline infusion hysterography) hopefully it will be as easy has the HSG I had a couple years ago.

He also told me that all my pregnancies will have to be c-section deliveries...which kinda bummed me out at first...but hey...the idea of any delivery is a fabulous thing I will have to be on "bed rest" for two weeks...which means no driving...which is going to be tough b/c I live by myself right now. DH is going to try and get a week off and my mom and meemaw will try and come a week. I will know more once we have the surgery scheduled.

I wanted to start my journal up again...just so I have a place to put everything...pre-surgery, post-surgery and then the MA with the RE.

Started BCP June 29th
had ultra sound June 29th
SIS scheduled July 5th
DH will have S/A July 6th
possible surgery dates July 17th or 19th

I'm hoping and praying so hard that the surgery will go great and that we will be able to conceive quickly...maybe even a September or October BFP and a summer baby!!!!!! Wow...just the thought makes me smile
chrissy323, Coley and kbpeanut like this.

Last edited by denalibear; July 3rd, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
July 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it sucks but right now this is probably the best things for you! Not only will you be well taken care of, it will clear your path to becoming pregnant and your RE will get a 1st hand look at what's best for you and that's awesome! Sorry your recovery will be tough, but good timing for you with work I'm happy for you to be getting your journal going again, I miss following you!

I had a SIS done and it's WAY better than the HSG! It's basically like a pap smear, so you'll do great I know it!

Hoping this is it what it takes to get you knocked up
denalibear likes this.
July 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Oh Thanks Tam

I'm so ready to get the ball rolling...thanks for the SIS info...makes me a lot less nervous now.

July 3rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
STEF!!!!

I'm soooo glad to see you back with news!!!

I am totally excited about everything you just wrote! I think it's brilliant that your RE is going to be a part of your surgery!! How fab that he'll know exactly what he's working with and how best to tailor your care!!

We're some of the last original girls knockin' around in here and it seems we're both on very positive sounding paths right now! I will be following each and every step of this new path of yours and can't wait for more updates!

I have such a great feeling about all of this for you! Really GREAT news!
denalibear and kbpeanut like this.

July 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Nikki!!! I got all caught up on your journal and let me see if I can express to you how I feel....Its a high pitched squeal followed by giggles and tears of joy...hope that makes sense.

We need to get outta here girlie....you go first and I'll follow
chrissy323 and Coley like this.

July 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
This made me grin from ear to ear. Of course, the surgery/fibroid situation stinks, but you are getting it taken care of, and I love that your RE will be involved! I also have had the SIS (my doc called it SHG, but it's the same thing, the water test)...and it was a piece of cake. You shouldn't have any worries about that at all.

I am so glad you are going to be keeping your journal again...you and Nikki need to GET OUT OF HERE!

xxoo
denalibear, chrissy323 and Coley like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hey Karin!!! Ive really missed having a journal...I'm glad to be back...hopefully for a short time

Happy 4th of July!! I'm sitting at home watching reruns of Andy Griffith and Matlock...it is very sad. He was a great actor. One of my fav movies is No Time for Sergeants.

I haven't been sleeping well, I wake up every hour or so. If I remember correctly i had the same problem when I was on bcp many eons ago. It lasted for a month or so until my body leveled out. I'm also having trouble with my balance. This could either be from the pill or from lack of sleep

I have an appointment tomorrow at 12:30 for my SIS. I'm so glad y'all told me how it went for y'all...i feel a lot better about it now.

If only i would stop googling myomectomy...of course i find the websites with horrible stories...women that had complications during surgery and ended up having a hysterectomy...truly terrifies me. Before the surgery you have to sign a paper that says if the bleeding cant be stopped that you approve of having a hysterectomy to save my life....yeah I know...I really need to stop reading this stuff.

Okay...I hope everyone has a great Fourth!!!

July 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Stephan if you're reading this I wanted to wish you good luck on your SIS. I've had it done twice now and they weren't bad. Just take 2 advils an hour beforehand. The last time I had it done I felt discomfort in the 2 days afterwards because I think my body wasn't letting go if the fluid properly so I was bloated and uncomfortable but it wasn't that bad. Good luck!
denalibear likes this.
July 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hey Judy... Thanks...it went okay today

my fibroids got in the way so he could not see anything. I will have to have a hysteroscopy. They will call when they have everything set up...I know many women on here have had it done...I'm just worried that if my fibroids got in the way of the SIS...how is the hysteroscopy going to be any different. oh well...I guess I will find out

I also got some upsetting news from my blood work....apparently I have an overactive thyroid...yep...this really confused me b/c I don't have any symptoms...i only started having sleep and balance problems on Friday when I started the BCP....I had the test done on the Wednesday before....so I don't know what is going on. Ive been feeling GREAT the last few months...so who knows. It just seems out of left field b/c the last 5 years my blood work as always come back great????

anywho...the things we women have to do...sometimes I really wish I would have been born a man "here, put your sample in this cup" how hard is that!!!

July 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Ugh, that must be frustrating! Sorry you didn't get all the answers you needed today...but at least you have a plan and are moving forward with things!

July 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks Karin...I'm a little upset b/c this will push my surgery date back...I don't want it to stop me from missing the first few weeks of school...that is what we call "teacher suicide"...the first few weeks are crucial to a successful school year. If I have to start off with a sub in my classroom...it will take me for ever to get caught up.

Well DH came home yesterday ...we went out to eat for our "anniversary." Our anniversary was last weekend but he had to work so we are celebrating this weekend. The gift to ourselves is a new bed...we've wanted a king size bed for years...so we got a great deal on the mattress set and the king size frame that matches the rest of our bedroom set was on sell
We are going to Ikea today to get new sheets and comforter...and when we go to ikea we never just walk out with what we went in for so we should be gone for a while

I have an appointment with my general practitioner Monday morning about the overactive thyroid...hopefully he can give me some insight to WTH is going on.

Also, I'm super excited b/c my work is sending me to Las Vegas for a conference!!!!!!!!!!!! I fly out Monday night. OH YEAH!!!!!! Of course when in Vegas it cant all be about work I'm taking $300 to gamble with...so I'm hoping I can turn that into something.

Have a great weekend!!
Coley likes this.

July 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww Stef I hope things start to go smooth for you very soon! Good luck with your appt and here's hoping you get some answers about your thyroid!
denalibear likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM
WOOT WOOT! for a new bed!! And how awesome is it that you caught the matching frame on sale?!?! I love me a bargain!!

I hear ya on the Ikea Adventure! You always wind up walking out with stuff you had no intention of buying or even knew existed in some situations!!

Hope you guys have a great anniversary weekend... and WOO HOO on the trip to Vegas as well!
denalibear likes this.

July 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
New bed day is SO FUN!
denalibear likes this.

July 9th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks ladies!! The bed is fabulous...I have never slept so good!!

Went to the doctor today and he looked at my blood work and said WHAT??? Is said my T3 and T4 were within normal ranges....they were near the high side of the normal range but within the normal range. He said my OBGYN is overacting I love my general practitioner!! He said my thyroid feels great by blood pressure is great, temp great....he went ahead and ordered an ultrasound of my thyroid and blood work again to make my OBGYN happy.

the airport shuttle will be here in 30 minutes to pick me up....

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

Oh and Nikki....I'm so so so so so excited for ya!!!!!!! I wont have time to check your journal till later...cant wait!!!
Coley likes this.

July 9th, 2012, 05:59 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Just got caught up on your latest news - I hope things start falling into place for you soon. Have a great time in Vegas (one of my favorite places)
denalibear likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Steph
Have fun in Vegas!
One thing about the thyroid.. Even if T3 and not T4 are normal, if your TSH is off it can cause problems TTC. My RE is treating me even though my T3 and T4 are normal. So your obgyn is not necessarily overreacting.
Enjoy your trip!
denalibear likes this.
July 11th, 2012, 05:44 AM
So glad your GP was able to set your mind at ease about your results and I hope you're having a great time on your trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
denalibear likes this.

July 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay I'm glad to see things are moving along for you! Why will you have to have csections for your babies?
denalibear likes this.
July 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! I know you are away, but just wanted to say how excited I am for you and how POSITIVE I feel about all of this for you. Fibroids and thyroid are 2 major roadblocks to TTC and I think without those you will be good to go!! Hope you are having fun
denalibear likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search