denalibear's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree62Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great update, not the pain part, but the fact that you had all of your fibroids removed!!! That's got to be exciting. I cannot wait to hear of your BFP post. Take it easy and definitely do not try to be a hero. And wow, I'm surprised you weren't in more pain then you reported with those big baseballs in there. Goodness!
denalibear likes this.
August 3rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow...thanks so much ladies....I cannot put into words how much everyone here means to me!!!

I have a huge post with more details in it that I will post today. It was easier to keep everything on my iPad while in the hospital and at home...I just need to copy and paste it.

My mom and I are leaving for my post-op appointment in a little bit....I should get pictures...I've seen them but the printer wasn't work the night of my surgery.

Oh wow...thanks so much ladies....I cannot put into words how much everyone here means to me!!!

I have a huge post with more details in it that I will post today. It was easier to keep everything on my iPad while in the hospital and at home...I just need to copy and paste it.

My mom and I are leaving for my post-op appointment in a little bit....I should get pictures...I've seen them but the printer wasn't work the night of my surgery.

August 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Okay...I tired to get everything down in my iPad while at the hospital and at home so I would just have to copy and paste it to JM so this post is going to be really, really long and is probably way too much TMI for most...so beware if ya read it...I just wanted a place to put everything down so that when I do get preggo...I will have something to reference b/c I will have to have a c-section. ..which is pretty much what I had done with this procedure...I just had more incisions into my uterus than a c-section

Friday night - pain scale 2
I remember waking up in recovery. I was there for about 45 minutes

During that time my doctor went out and met with my family and gave them an update

They wheeled me pass the waiting room and I gave my family a thumbs up

I remember them moving me from the gurney onto my bed...holy cow it hurt. *

Once in the room I begged for something to eat so they brought me ice chips...which were absolutely delicious.*

My mom, dad and dh came back first then my aunt and meemaw. * They filled me in on what the doc said. *Dh took my aunt uncle meemaw and dad back to them house to get everyone settled in for the night...it was after 10pm and everyone was so tired.*

Mom stayed at the hospital with me...we talked for a bit and I dozed off for about 20 minutes. Dh got back to the hospital around 11:30. *I was wired and could not sleep. Dh was so cute he stared at me while I watched tv all night long. *He was so cute

I was in the post-partum wing of the hospital...and all through the night I could hear new babies crying....oh how amazing was that sound. *My room is the only room without a pink or blue bow on the door...it kinda made me sad....but then I thought to myself...in a little over a year from now I will be walking theses halls with my little one with a huge bow on my door. *

Saturday morning*- pain scale 3
my mom ordered me breakfast. *I ate half a banana, a few grapes, and half a blueberry muffin...it was yummy. *

Around 9am the nurse came in and emptied my catheter...yes that's right a catheter. *
I had forgotten they said it was In and i asked if I would need to go to the bathroom soon...she said you've been using the bathroom...I didn't even feel I was going very weird feeling. *

my doctor visited me and gave me some details of what all they did. I have photos and a diagram that he drew that I will post later

Around 10 the nurse came in and told me it was time to get out of bed....I was like WHAT??? *She wanted me up and moving around. *So I used the bed rails to pull myself on my side....holy ouch buckets...it hurt worst from last night. *I slowly stated to lift my self up...just to sit up with my feet touching the ground took about 15 minutes. My nurse carried my catheter and IV machine and I slowly stood up. We walked to the bathroom and she helped me sit on the toilet. *She gave me a wash cloth and asked me to wash my self as best I could. *I had iodine all over my thighs and I got off what I could. *
My nurse tied off my catheter...she wanted my bladder to fill up a little to help get it going again....she was going to take it out later in the evening. *

We slowly made our way back to the bed and my lunch had been delivered....it was already 11:30....yep that's right it took me *over an hour to walk*to the restroom and wash up a little

I ate one quarter of a chicken quesidia and a few steemed carrots and was stuffed. *
I slept for about an hour...then woke up with my mom and dad staring at me...

They said Scott went home to shower and take a nap...I'm so glad they were there...it took some pressure off of dh

I started feeling pain in my abdominal area...it was pretty sharp and painful...it was gas. *I hadn't been able to pass gas or have a bowel movement and my tummy HURT. They stared giving me these pills that would help me pass gas...every time a family member or nurse came in they asked if I had passed gas yet...yeah I felt about two years old

Saturday afternoon - pain scale 2
My nurse came in and said she was going to take out the catheter. *Yeah this was very uncomfortable and it hurt when she pulled it out....but I was so glad it was out. *
She also took some blood to see my blood count levels.

DH came back in the room and he helped me go to the bathroom...poor guy he was so worried about me. *He helped me on the toilet and help my hand. *

I had a little bleeding so the nurse brought me some mesh panties and the biggest pads ive ever seen...I put them on and was in heaven...they have got to be the most comfy panties ever. *
She then ordered Scott and I to take a walk around the halls. *

Scott took my right arm and I held on to my IV with my left...I felt so silly. *

We walked for about 5 minutes and I was exhausted. *We had to stop in the hallway for a couple minutes before we headed back to the room.*

We finally got back to the room and he helped me back into bed. *I slept for a bit

Saturday night - pain scale 2
My mom and dad brought me chick fila for dinner....YUMMY. *Of course I could only eat 3nuggets and a few fries but it tasted so so so good

It's getting *easier and easier to get in and out of bed....dh took me to the bathroom and walked with me down the hall every hour....i started feeling better when we were walking...and could go farther every time.

Scott and my dad left around midnight and mom stayed the night with me.

I was still filling the gas pain pretty bad so my nurse brought me some other stuff to help....it took about an hour and I finally let a huge one go....I swear the entire maternity ward could hear it*

I slept for a couple hours...but still felt restless....so I watched tv most of the night

Sunday morning - pain scale 1
My mom and I took a long walk and came back to breakfast

Doctor came in for a visit...she checked my incision and said I was was doing great. *She was very pleased to see me getting up and around so often. *She *said she wanted me to stay one more night. *She also told me that my blood test shoed a low blood count and told me to take an iron supplement. *I had a feeling it would be low....my period showed up on Monday and was the heaviest I'd ever seen...Tuesday it was just as bad...Wednesday I'd given 4 vials of blood and then 2 more vials of blood on Thursday when I did my pre-op labs. *So I had been feeling weak before surgery. *

Then the nurse came in and took out my IV. I was so glad b/c it was hard to move around with that thing in my hand. *I was put on pill pain killers when they took out the IV.*

Scott and my dad arrived and my dad took my mom back to the house to get some rest

The nurse asked if I would like to take a shower....I said YES. *Scott helped me take a shower...but I couldn't stay in long enough to wash my hair....the warm water made me so weak. *DH dried me off and as soon as I got into bed I fell asleep. I slept for a few hours....until I had the urge to use the restroom. *

Sunday afternoon - pain scale 1
DH and I walked for a good while...I feel so much better....but im still having major gas pains. *I was given some more stuff to relieve the gas and it work.

I made the mistake of coughing....OMG...it hurt so bad I hugged my pillow and cried...from then on out I tried so hard not to cough. *Also very painful...clearing my throat. * They gave me this little contraption that I breath into a few times an hour to help clear my throat.*

Dinner arrived I ate and then fell asleep...Scott went home to get some rest b/c he had to head back to fort worth tomorrow *b/c his stupid work would not let him have off...they said he was going to be docked for being out Friday and Monday. *They won't give him time off until he works there for a year....not even any sick days....I really HATE the company he works for....I hope and pray he gets a job back home soon.

I tried to sleep but couldn't....im on Norco and Motrin for the pain...but it's making me loopy and restless so I stopped taking the Norco. *

Monday morning -pain scale 3
DH and my parents were there when the doc said I could go home!!! *I got my paper work and I was wheeled out to the car

My mom went and bought a binder for me to wear around my waist...which helped out a ton. **

I told dh to go super slow b/c I swear I could feel every little bump in the road.*

We got home and I went straight to bed...I think the lack of sleep finally hit me. *I slept for a few hours. *I woke up needing to go to the bathroom..I finally had a BM

Dh helped me take a shower and I tried to sleep. *But I started feeling restless again and felt like someone was sitting on my chest....making it hard to breath

DH left Monday night but my mom and dad stayed with me. *

Tuesday - pain scale 3*
My dad had to go back but my mom will be staying with me for two weeks. *
I was able to get up and get around a lot better today...still having problems breathing...stared having a heavy feeling in my arms and pain in my shoulders...called the nurse and she said it may be my body absorbing the gas they pumped into my stomach
Mom and I went to target today...felt good to get out of the house for a little bit

Wednesday -*pain scale 3
I'm so glad my mom is here...she has been wonderful.. * We went to Randell's *today for a little trip out. * We stopped off at sonic and bought some of their ice...i like to chew ice when I'm in pain....for some reason it helps. *

I coughed today and I thought for sure I pulled my stitches out...I cried...
I'm getting very frustrated b/c I can't do much and I am moving so slow still...it is driving me crazy. *I don't know if I will make it for the 2 weeks of very limited movement....I ready to pull my hair out

I stopped taking the Motrin....the not sleeping, heavy arms, sore shoulders, and having trouble breathing can be from the Motrin...at least that is what google says. I asked my doctor if I can just take some Tylenol instead....she said sure

Thursday - pain level 2
Well today was much better....I've been taking Tylenol for the pain and I feel so much better. *No more breathing problems or soreness in my shoulders....
I took a nice warm shower and washed my hair
Mom and I went to store and then to sonic for lunch.*
I cleaned the house up a little...finally unpacked my hospital bag and did some other cleaning....

I have my post op appointment tomorrow *at 9:30...I'm hoping she gives me the pictures they took of my fibroids.*

Friday - pain scale 3
Did Not sleep at all last night and I felt horrible all day
I went to the doctor today....she said everything looks great. *My blood pressure was a little high...but she didn't seem too worried about it. *She removed the tape around my stitches. She said the stitches will dissolve on their own.*
Im moving around better but it still hurts to stand up completely straight. *My dad got here today and I made them go out to dinner....I feel bad that mom has been stuck taking care of me. *

August 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Wow what an ordeal! I've never had a surgery or anything close to that so I can only imagine how hard it must be, but you have been so brave through all of it. It's almost like you will have given birth 2 times for 1 baby but it will all be worth it when you have that baby a year from now. Personally, I would love to see the pictures of the surgery if it isn't too weird of me to ask. Hang in there Stefanie, you are on the downhill side now.

August 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had almost the same recovery and time schedule, like I said before, at 4 weeks was when I finally felt *normal* again...I cant wait till you are going through that again - only, ONLY, because that will mean that you have a little baby in your arms <3

What kind of time schedule are they looking at for letting your uterus heal and everything?

Am so glad that you were able to get everything over with fast (without having to think about it too much) and now its all about recover and BABY!!

Thinking of yoU!
August 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm really glad your slowly getting better, I had surgery (albeit on my hip) a few years ago and I remember the frustration about not being able to do much and the pain when i overdid it, all too well!

Its great that your parents and DH were there to look after you

I hope the post-op appt goes well, KUP on the feedback from the doctor. And remember to rest and not overdo things, however bored you may feel!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Wishing you well in your recovery, Stef!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
August 8th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
Wow what an ordeal! I've never had a surgery or anything close to that so I can only imagine how hard it must be, but you have been so brave through all of it. It's almost like you will have given birth 2 times for 1 baby but it will all be worth it when you have that baby a year from now. Personally, I would love to see the pictures of the surgery if it isn't too weird of me to ask. Hang in there Stefanie, you are on the downhill side now.
Thanks Melissa I need to get pics of the fibroid...my doc has them on her phone b/c she couldn't get the camera in surgery to work....she tried to text them to me but it didn't work....so she said she would send them to me. I need to call and remind her

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
I had almost the same recovery and time schedule, like I said before, at 4 weeks was when I finally felt *normal* again...I cant wait till you are going through that again - only, ONLY, because that will mean that you have a little baby in your arms <3

What kind of time schedule are they looking at for letting your uterus heal and everything?

Am so glad that you were able to get everything over with fast (without having to think about it too much) and now its all about recover and BABY!!

Thinking of yoU!
Hey Tonya!!! Thanks girlie! I dont know how you did it...I didnt have a little one to take care of...I would have been completely worn out.

We will have to wait until November/December to TTC and no BDing until at least 6 weeks post surgery...Scott was like....WHAT???...I told him 6 weeks if he is lucky...the thought of sex does not sound good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
I'm really glad your slowly getting better, I had surgery (albeit on my hip) a few years ago and I remember the frustration about not being able to do much and the pain when i overdid it, all too well!

Its great that your parents and DH were there to look after you

I hope the post-op appt goes well, KUP on the feedback from the doctor. And remember to rest and not overdo things, however bored you may feel!
Thanks Jen!! Not being able to get around SUCKS...but Im getting better at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Wishing you well in your recovery, Stef!
Thanks Jenny!!! Im doing tons better now.

Well time for an update...ive been doing tons of resting and shopping. Yeah shopping...it makes me feel better

I havent been on any pain killers since last week...I have taken tylenol a few times but for the most part the pain is gone. I can cough and sneeze with out pain....im still tender but no real pain. Of course my body tells me when Im doing too much. Still having a little trouble breathing deep sometimes...if it doesnt get better I will call my doc and ask what's up.

My mom try to get out of the house every once a day.

I had a big milestone today....I drove to Ikea...yahooooooo! It felt good to be able to drive myself.
I weighed myself today...and Im happy to say I have lost 12lbs since surgery...which is awesome. I cannot eat a lot at a time...i can feel my stomach pushing on my insecsion....it creeps me out so I stop eating. Its a great way to diet

My doctor couldnt get the pics of the fibriods from her phone...I will call her again and ask if she can email them to me some how....but I have pics from the hysterscopy and a drawing they did of the fibriods location and details.

I had a total of a 8 fibriods
7cm
5cm
4cm
3cm
3 at 2cm
1cm
Together they weighed almost a pound!!! Yahoo they are gone!!!

Last edited by denalibear; August 8th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
August 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOWZERS girly! you have been through so much!!! Im glad you feel good enough to not have to take pain meds anymore... I hope that this is just what you needed to get that precious baby of yours!!! you are one tough cookie!
August 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks Jess!

Did good today....my only complaint....I hate sleeping on my back....I just can't get a good nights rest...I normally sleep on my side or stomach...this is driving me crazy. I've tried sleeping on my side but it feels like my insides are going to fall out. Hopefully I can switch over soon....come on its been 2 weeks.

I've been reading a ton of books since ive been down....I've fallin in love with so many authors I've found...of course most of the books have been supernatural books....it's fun to get lost in.
newprincess likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 11:35 PM
newprincess's Avatar Member
Hi,
I had robotic myomectomy in January. I also hate sleeping on the back but putting a high pillow under my back was helpful. It was almost like I was sleeping half seating. Also I had a pillow under my feet. Get better.
August 14th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newprincess View Post
Hi,
I had robotic myomectomy in January. I also hate sleeping on the back but putting a high pillow under my back was helpful. It was almost like I was sleeping half seating. Also I had a pillow under my feet. Get better.
Thanks!!! I asked my doctor about robotic myo b/c she does them...but she said in my case it was better for her to get in there and feel....which bummed me out a little.

Well today I'm doing much much better. Still have a little pain...maybe a one on my pain scale. My stomach is still pretty swollen but not as big...when in the hospital my tummy looked about 6 months preggo from the swelling and last week was about 4 months preggo. I still cant get into my jeans...still wearing yoga pants every where I go.

Here is a photo from today....my tummy is still swollen and bloated...hopefully it will go down soon...I have to be able to get into my work clothes by Monday. The incision is 3 inches

Here is the photo my doctor drew after surgery...still waiting for the pics of the actucal fibriods.

Last edited by denalibear; August 14th, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
August 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad your feeling better and the pains easing off, i'm sure the bloating will go soon

Do you feel ready to be headed back to work on Monday?

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
Glad your feeling better and the pains easing off, i'm sure the bloating will go soon

Do you feel ready to be headed back to work on Monday?
Thanks Jen Not really...but its only teachers next week....we go back a week before the kids. I asked my new principal if I could wear yoga pants...he said he wanted us to dress professional...he said it would be okay for me. So yoga pants for next week but I will have to get into my work clothes for when the kids come back....

For some reason the other pic I added didn't show up at first...so I added it again.

I look like I have a butt on my tummy No more 2 piece bathing suits for me

August 14th, 2012, 06:20 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm so glad you are on the mend! You know, I know it seems a bit odd, but maybe if you are still too tender after that first week to wear "normal" pants, maybe some maternity pants might help? The elastic waist might really be comfortable on your incision, and yet they would still be "work pants"? Just an idea, though could totally understand if you wanted to avoid going that route!

Anyhow, hope you continue on this healing path!
August 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
newprincess's Avatar Member
I looks like you had couple of fibroids. Mine were three grew into one 8cm big. Some doctors wantt to actually touch your uterine wall to feel if there isn't more inside and there's nothing left. I went to three doctors to get different opinions (wanted to avoid the surgery so much) and chore robotic.
August 16th, 2012, 09:44 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing, you'll be surprised though how that scar heals. You'll be back in a bikini probably. My stretch marks were HORRIBLE from pregnancy but surprisingly they're healing rather well considering they were purple. I hate that they had to do a vertical incision on you cause of when you deliver your baby but I know in the long run it's worth it. I'd rather have that incision and a baby than neither. I've met so many selfish women lately who don't want kids cause they don't want to ruin their bodies. Absolutely astonishes me.
August 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad your surgery went well but sorry for the slow healing process. That's so great your parents were there for you and your mom was able to stay with you for 2 weeks!

Sounds like you are doing a little better each day so hopefully by the time you have to wear work pants, you can comfortably. Njust remember this will be all worth it when you are holding your baby.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks Danee and Dawn....y'all are right...it will be worth it in the end

Dawn...can I just say how freaking happy I am for y'all!!!! makes me super happy to see vets get their well deserved bfp!!!

Well, today is my last day off....I go back to work on Monday and the kids show up on the 27th. I am so not ready...tons still to do.

I have a doctors appointment Monday at 7:30 about my thyroid. my GP said everything was within normal ranges but he wanted me to see a specialist just in case so he referred me to an endocrinologist to have it checked out.

I am feeling so much better...I was able to sleep on my side for a little bit...which was wonderful.

Now I'm just waiting for the witch to show up...she should be here Sunday or Monday....I really wish she would hurry up. My doc said my first period after surgery will be rough...heavy bleeding and lots of cramps...but will only get better after.

I'm just in count down mode....every day I look at my ticker and go...crap it still says 3 months until we ttc. time seems to be dragging right now but it will fly by once school starts.

Have a great weekend y'all!!!

August 20th, 2012, 02:40 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Thanks so much Stefanie!!!

I'm glad you are feeling so much better and I hope AF isn't as bad as they say it might be! I will be stalking to make sure you get your BFP as soon you are ttc again.

Forever missing my angel 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search