denalibear's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree62Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks dawn!

I received some really heartbreaking news today. One of my students was killed last night. He was riding his bike home and was hit by a car. He was an amazing kid...he always had a smile and his goal was to make me laugh everyday. He was only 13. I wish I knew why things happen. It isn't right. It isn't fair. He had so much potential. I really hate that I am having to use past tense when I talk about him. I just don't get it.

I just saw him at school last week...he gave me a big hug and asked if I could be his 8th grade teacher...we laughed and talked then I said "see ya later i have a meeting to go to...I'll see ya on the first day of school"...he turned to walk away and then turned back, smiled and said "see ya later mrs s." the next time I see him will be at his funeral.

It's been a long day....

August 21st, 2012, 03:56 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I am so sorry. I will keepin him and his family in my T&P's. I don't get it either; why things happen the way they do. 13 is soooo young .

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Life is not fair sometimes and I guess we just aren't meant to understand it. Sorry for your loss
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
August 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
Oh my goodness... I'm so sorry. Knowing the "whys" of situations like these are out of grasp, I believe. T&Ps to all friends and family.

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for evidence of O - present. Also determined fibroids are relatively small. Also the presence of endo is undetermined.

Waiting for AF, or + HPT for Cycle 1!

August 27th, 2012, 07:50 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry Stef That is heartbreaking
September 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks so much ladies

I'm sorry I dropped off the planet for a while....it was so much to deal with...the loss of a student, first week of school...which was so hard, first week of my grad program, and then family stuff....I came home every night and slept or studied.

I'm doing much better now.

I had my first AF after surgery and it was wonderful!!!!! It was a normal flow...not heavy, no clots...no pain...I only used regular pads. This was a great surprise b/c I was warned that it would most likely be really bad.

I have had a ton of watery and EWCM the last 5 days...so i'm pretty sure my body is gearing up to O....so surgery didn't mess with my cycle timing

On the TTC front - I had two doctors appointments today
This morning I had an appointment with my doctor about my thyroid....my labs showed my iodine level was way too high...she believes this is what has thrown my TSH levels off....she wants me to come back in a month to test again to see if my iodine levels are dropping and if my thyroid is balancing back out on its own. I am still anemic....so i was told to increase my iron. And another thing that shocked me was my vitamin D was very low. So I am on a vitamin D supplement to help...so overall pretty good news.

My appointment with my OB/GYN was my 6 weeks post-op. She said I was healing wonderfully fast and she seemed impressed with how fast I was recovering She even said if we want....we can start TTC after my next cycle if I am ready
Of course I will be ready according to FF I should be Oing around Halloween and we will try that one time on our own. I will start charting next cycle to see my timing. If we don't get preggo the first time we will go straight to my RE and see what he recommends.

I just want to be preggo before my 37 b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost 5 years of TTC is too long!!!!!! I am So. So. So. So ready to be a momma!!!!!!!

September 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A lot of us are so so so ready for you to be a momma, too!

Praying that your first TTC cycle is the one that gets you your BFP!!
denalibear likes this.
September 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post

denalibear likes this.
September 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post

Thanks ladies. I y'all so much! I have been on JM for over 3 years and I really don't know what I would have done without y'all!

Well I bought condoms yesterday....yep haven't had to do that in FOREVER doctor gave us the all clear to DTD but not TTC...I didn't want to take BCP...so condoms it is.

I'm so happy...when I looked at my ticker and saw 1 month & 3 weeks....I smiled super big .

aF should be here on the 21st and I will chart that cycle to make sure I'm oing when I think I am...then the next cycle....IT's ON !!!!!!

Happy Saturday!!
chrissy323 and blueeyes25s like this.

September 20th, 2012, 03:24 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All GREAT news!!!!! Yay!! so excited for you!!!!
denalibear likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
denalibear likes this.
September 29th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Hey ladies! Sorry things have been crazy around here...not crazy in a bad way....just super busy.

We've been getting ready for a garage sale that was supposed to be today but of course it is raining. So we will have to wait for another weekend...everything will have to sit in den for a while longer.

Warning TMI: I started tracking my cycle this month AF showed and she was fabulous! No pain, 3 days of bleeding, no clots, blood wasn't too thick, just a normal flow....Loved it! I've started temping and I noticed some watery CM this morning...I will start using OPKs this afternoon.
Is it normal to say I'm super excited about TTC in 2weeks but I'm also terrified???? I start second guessing what my doc says...im scared that maybe it is too soon after surgery and I should wait longer. But then I change my mind and want to jump right into it. I feel great...I still have trouble lifting things that are heavy...I've tried doing sit-ups and it hurts...so my tummy muscles are still healing...doc said it was normal and it will take time for my tummy muscles to get strong.

So that's about it...I'm excited and terrified to start TTC again. I'm silly I know

September 30th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yay for a great sounding AF, heck if we have to put up with her each month it shouldnt be torture! Your tummy muscles should get better with time, and even if you did get your BFP your first cycle trying by the time the bub is big enough to be testing your muscles you should be feeling much much better!

hope the rain clears soon x
denalibear likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks Jen!!!

Well, last week was crazy. Last weekend my parents came into town and we finally got to have our garage sale! We sold everything except for some small stuff which I took to Goodwill. Mom and dad left on Sunday and DH left Monday morning.
My grad program is divided into 10 8-week courses so last week I had a 15 page paper due, a presentation, and a final to take. So I was super busy last week.

I’m so ready for AF to show. I’ve been having some pains right below my belly button and around my incision. I called my doctor and the nurse said it could just be scar tissue?!?!?!?! What....this makes me nervous...she didn’t think it was serious but I asked if I would have these sharp pains on a regular biases...she said I could So of course I will Google it and find out what I can do to help with the formation of scar tissue.

This weekend DH's friends are in town for ACL. It is a huge music festival held in Austin every year...this year they had a pretty good line-up...Weezer, Black Keys, Jack White, Gotye, thievery corp...and many others. Tomorrow they will see Red Hot Chili Peppers....wish I could see them in concert...but ACL is their guy bonding thing.

Have a great weekend!!

Last edited by denalibear; October 13th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
October 14th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oouch about the pains near your incision. Having had hip surgery and a big incision to go with it, my tip for preventing/reducing scar tissue is massaging the area with bio oil (do you guys have that?)

that great about the yard sale and that you managed to sell most of your stuff. What are you studying at school? (sorry if ive missed that somewhere before)
denalibear likes this.

October 19th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I will have to see if I have the oil here...I did start rubbing around my incision deeply when I'm in the shower.

I don't think I ever put what I'm going to grad school for...I'm a dork . I'm going to school to be a principal....I am doing a lot of administrator duties at my school...so I thought I would get my degree and get paid for it

AF started I will start temping in the morning and start using OPKs on Wednesday. I am so ready to be a grad.
fromustobaby likes this.

October 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So excited for you Stef - always rooting for you!!
October 20th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo for AF (not often we hear that around these parts lol), itll be O time before you know it!

A principle, i think thats the same as headteachers here, sounds like a pretty great job to have. When i was younger i wanted to be a teacher and even now, if i get chance i would love to go back to uni to get my PhD and teach law at undergrad level. How far into your grad programme are you?

December 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sorry...I kinda abandoned my journal
Jen I still have a year and a half to go...but it should go by fast.

Well lets see...work has been crazy...my students are a handful this year. I have never taught middle schoolers that are this needy. I am so ready for the Christmas break.

Last cycle was a bust...but I'm super hopeful for this one....I'm currently 4DPO and my BB's are very very tender. Sometimes the pain shoots through my BB's and I have to stop what I'm doing...I know it is way too early but I have no idea what is causing them to feel this way.

We put up all the Christmas decorations this year...I was a bah humbug last year and we didn't even put up a tree. This year we got everything out of the attic and put it up...I want 2013 to be a new beginning for us...so 2013 here we come.

December 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Yay for decorating for Christmas I'm glad you're feeling hopeful about this cycle - fingers crossed it's the one for you!!!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search