denalibear's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree62Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so behind on your journal. I'm so sorry for your student. That's awful.

I hope this cycle is it for you! Your chart looks amazing!!! I hope this is your Christmas miracle!!
denalibear likes this.
January 3rd, 2013, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Just checking in on you Stef. Hope all is well
denalibear likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 07:32 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
How are things going for you? I have been checking back.........
denalibear likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Danee, Christina, and Aaron Nicole!!!!!!!!! Thanks for checking up on me I love and miss yall so much!! I hope to join yall soon

Well I have fabulous news.....DH is coming home!!

For those of you who don't know....DH and I have had a very tough 3 in a half years. DH was laid off for two years and the only place he could find a job was in Fort Worth which is 3 hours away from Austin. So for the last 15 months we have been living in separate cities. BUT....he just accepted an offer for a job in Austin....

my man is coming home!

Living in separate cities has made it really tough to TTC....and was going to make MA almost a $1000 more a cycle because we were going to need to freeze his samples to try IUI. Just to freeze and unfreeze his swimmers cost $900.

So we will start MA in March I'm super excited....I need to call my RE on Monday to find out what we need to do for my March cycle.

Last edited by denalibear; February 10th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
February 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So excited for you!!!! I've been wondering how you are doing. Can't wait for your next update! I can't imagine having my DH in another city. That must have been miserable for you.
denalibear likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! That is so exciting!!!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's fantastic! Yay for MA in March
denalibear likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 10th, 2013, 11:46 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy View Post
So excited for you!!!! I've been wondering how you are doing. Can't wait for your next update! I can't imagine having my DH in another city. That must have been miserable for you.
HEY CASEY!!!!!!!!! Thanks for checking up on me!! It was very hard and lonely...I am so happy he is moving back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait&AngelAbove View Post
Yay! That is so exciting!!!
I know right....I'm so ready...we have been waiting way too long to start IUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
That's fantastic! Yay for MA in March
Jen we are cycle buddies!!!! I'm not going to have a lot of hope for this cycle....we will start moving DH home next weekend and that is when I should be Oing...so if we aren't too tired after moving maybe we can work in a little BDing

I'm super duper tired...just finished my presentation for class....only 3 more weeks of this class....my professor is great BUT he assigns A LOT of work every week.

I just got out my sewing machine. I will be making cloth menstrual pads. Last month I started doing a lot of research and found that disposable pads and tampons are really really full of toxins. So I bought a few different brands of cloth pads and used them for this last cycle. It went great!!!! I didn't bleed as much and I didn't have that yucky smell from disposable pads. Another huge plus was I didn't sweat a lot using cloth pads. With disposable pads I would sweat tons and just feel gross...but not with cloth pads

I found a few videos on youtube on how to use and clean cloth pads and I am hooked. They are super cute and they cost a bit to start up...but they will last for years. I bought a couple of pads from different brands...

Sckoon...they are super cute...but kinda thick...I liked them best for overnight....nothing leaked. Had to really work hard on a few liners to get stains out
Party In My Pants...very thin and absorbent and they are also super cute!!! No problems with stains
TreeHugger...they were very comfy, soft and absorbent...but they seemed to smell more than they cotton brands above.
Charlie Banana....really liked them...the only downside is the wings are not leak proof...so I only wore them on my light days.

I only bought a couple of each brand...the charlie banana were the cheapest...$18 for 3 pads and Sckoon was the most expensive $19 for one pad

Anyhooo....I got off topic there...sorry. So after using cloth pads...I'm hooked. I found a youtube video to make your own pads...so I will buy some fabric and try and make them myself.

Last edited by denalibear; February 10th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
February 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
Jen we are cycle buddies!!!! I'm not going to have a lot of hope for this cycle....we will start moving DH home next weekend and that is when I should be Oing...so if we aren't too tired after moving maybe we can work in a little BDing
Usually i'd nbe for cycle buddies but since we're NTNP at the moment ill just give a little cheer and a I hopethis is your month!

Are you moving far? We got pretty good at moving house, moved most years for 3-4 years, i got quite proficient at it!

Oh and about the cloth pads, i might just do some more research on this, sounds interesting. I'm a big tampon advocate and never use pads but for overnight this might be worth a try!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 11th, 2013, 09:02 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've actually looked into cloth pads but I have such heavy cycles that I've been afraid to try. We do cloth diaper Mason and I love it. I may have to buy a few to try them out.

I'm soooooooo excited for you moving towards MA!!!! I cannot wait to see your BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 12th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Yay! So glad that you will be living in the same city as dh and that you are looking into MA. Can't wait to follow your journey!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot