Tam's IVF Journey! (starts on Page 32, Post 634)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 12:57 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for cycle buddies!!! We both had pretty good timing it looks like... I'm cheering for Team Pink for you... and me too for that matter... wait, did I write that out loud? Of course I would be happy with either (especially the first time!), but I really love sisters (maybe it's a jealousy complex... I never had one)... I want to have 3 little girls and then a little boy to be taught up right by all those sissies! haha... however, I am aware that the percentage chance of getting my 'ideal' is very low so I am facing the fact that I COULD end up with 4 boys!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
July 9th, 2009, 07:32 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mandy....you are too cute!

Tam....good luck this cycle!
July 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! Just wanted to pop in and say GOOD LUCK!!
July 10th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mandy, Lee Ann and Chrissy... hey ladies! Thanks for stopping in!

So, I have to say, I love DF! Which is a good thing I know! lol He's so interested in all the ttc stuff, we were looking at charts together and he was asking a ton of questions about what happens and when. I wasn't sure if he'd be creeped out by everything I'm doing, but he was so supportive because he wants this so badly. Then when I showed him my chart and he asked me when the best days to BD were (he now gets a total kick of the term baby dance and keeps doing a little jig to ask if I think that's what a baby dance would look like). I told him the best day would have been the day he wasn't in the mood when he went to work, but that it was good we DTD the day before. He freaked on me! lol "Why didn't you tell me that was the day? I would never have passed up on that chance and would have made the effort if you had told me!"

I love this, I love that he is so supportive of ttc and not just here for a good ride while the sex lasts ya know?

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your DF sounds so cute!!

My DH looks at my chart and says I don't get it....I cannot tell you how many time Ive tried to explain it to him. But sounds like your guy is great about the whole ttc thing.

I hope y'all caught the eggie and your DF gave you the X chromosome swimmer

My Ovulation Chart

July 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Well ladies, I am off to a wedding shower tonight... mine!!! Not a typical shower, none of my friends can make it because it's out of town, so it turned into my 3 aunts and the 3 daughters getting together, which never happens because there's always men around! Can't wait! So, will catch up with everyone tomorrow when I get home!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hope you have a great night at your shower. I can't wait to here all about it.

[SIZE="3"]

July 12th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Hello ladies! Well was a great girls night all around tons of laughs and things I never thought I'd discuss in front of my mom but hey, it was all good! Of course the talk turned to when we're having kids, and mom came out and said she's already trying after I said yup, we want one, not sure when. She knew! She just knew... And, as predicted, I had my big 3 drinks that makes me think I've had a night of drinking!

How were all your weekends? We are going to see the Lion King on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to that, thank god cuz I work 5 full days in the office this week which will be killer!

I'm off to check out everyone else's journals, have a good night all

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 13th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Hey Tam! Glad you had such an awesome shower! Your chart looks very good! Your DH sounds very supportive I showed mine the chart and everything and I think he got a little overwhelmed. Now I just say~ tonight would be a good night and that does it!! Lots of luck lady!!
July 13th, 2009, 11:07 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you have a wonderful time at your shower! I'm glad your DF is so excited with TTC! I hope you get your BFP soon!
July 13th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Hi Tam (my new buddy!)

Glad you had fun at your shower... I was going to reply in your thread, but I drink during the TWW, too. I didn't at first, but I didn't realize how often a glass of wine with dinner or a beer at DH's parents' house actually happened until I had to stop doing it. I don't drink in excess, a glass of wine here and there, a glass of beer here and there - I save the occasional "drinking night" until after AF arrives! LOL

When is your wedding again? I know it is coming up soon, but I can't remember when... Maybe I can give you some tips on how to survive, since I just went through it! LOL

Happy to have a Canadian buddy!

- Cheryl

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
July 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Glad you enjoyed your shower... I have to say "The Lion King" OMG I Love It Love It Love It. I saw it when I was in New york years ago. It is the best show ever IMO.
I'm loving your chart so when are you testing??? Good Luck when you do.

[SIZE="3"]

July 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Tammy... Just wanted to apologize, but I can't be your TTC buddy anymore. DH has told me he wants to stop TTC and wait a year before we actively start trying again, so I'm going to be on hiatus from the boards. It would just be too hard to watch everyone else getting their BFPs and knowing that I can't get mine.

I'm sorry, I know we just became TTC buddies but I really wasn't expecting this. I hope when I come back to be active on the board, you're long since moved to the grads, and that you find an awesome new buddy in the meantime.

Thanks for being an awesome buddy for the few short days between when we decided to buddy up and when DH sprung this on me... And I hope your TTC journey is a short one.

- Cheryl

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
July 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Everybody that stops in here please go and give Cheryl a big hug! She needs us right now!!!

So, after reading all about Rebecca's experience with acupuncture, I did a bit of my own research and decided to book myself an appointment! My first one is Tuesday morning and I'm so pumped! I have had pain in my right side since 1997, it's ALWAYS there, sometimes worse than others. Now that I've gone off BCP, I do notice that it's the 2 weeks after I O that it gets worse. I can't even imagine what a day without pain would be like?

On another positive note, I'm going to make another phone call tomorrow to see if I can switch doctors. I find that mine isn't as thorough as I'd like her to be and it takes forever to get in to see her. When I have an issue, like my cysts that I get, she just wrote it off as an ingrown hair because my bloodwork didn't show anything wrong. No other checking, no come back as soon as you get your next one, nothing. I want the doctor that does that! So, my pg gf goes to this other doctor who also delivers babies so perfect time to get in to see her and become her newest patient!

So, today was a positive day and that was awesome!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope you get a good doctor soon Tam. I really think they are one in a million... kind of like a good auto mechanic! Most are just in business to take your money, not to give you above and beyond quality service. Remember sometimes you have to push hard and bring up specific things on your own- I suggest bringing a list of questions! Although even THAT sometimes doesn't work... as I have found a few times now. :/ But I'll really eat my hat if you don't have PCOS, after all the symptoms you've told me, and if you do the sooner you can start treatment the better!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
July 17th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Hey Tam! Hope you find a great doctor! Your chart is still looking great! Hope that you have a wonderful weekend! When are you testing? I have all crossables crossed for ya!
July 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please keep us posted on the acupuncture...I think I will try it next cycle if this one doesn't work. I hope you find a new doctor soon.

My Ovulation Chart

July 17th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Grrr. I had such a bad day and need to have a bit of a pity party here! Sucks because yesterday I had such a good day and was feeling so positive!

Started with my dream at night, I had a dream that I tested and got a BFP and today my temp went up so I thought hey, why not, my dream has to be a good sign! Well, got a BFN Was a little worried because the last 2 months I'd get sore bb's and then 11 days later AF would come. Well, she left her luggage at the door this afternoon, I started spotting which means she will be here tomorrow or the next day. Bah.

Then, I called about the doctor I had heard about and really wanted to get in to see, but she's not taking new patients. Bah.

Then, I didn't get approved for our Home Depot credit card which we going to put all our reno expenses on. I've NEVER been rejected for any credit I applied for in my life because I have such good credit. Problem is, right now everything is in my name, house, truck, trailer so it looks like I'm way over extended, but DF can't get anything in his name for another 1.5 years until a past debt is paid off. Bah.

So, just a grrr day where every couple hours something was bursting my bubble. But, on the upside, DF had made me a foot bath and gave me a nice foot rub when we got home

And, now he knows where I log on first and he wanted me to tell everyone "heeeeyyyyy!" lol I love him

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and will be better I'm sure.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Mine is 4 days long and we have fabulous weather! No Bah there

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry the showed her face. I hope the new dr you find will be able to help you get your BFP soon and good luck with the acupuncture.
I'm sending you a great big Irish hug.

[SIZE="3"]

Last edited by Dóchas; July 18th, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
July 18th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Not much to update today... except had to rave about DF again for a moment! We were talking about his kids this afternoon and how they're growing up, his youngest will be 8 in Sept. Then he looked at me and said, I'm so ready to have another baby I can't wait! Feels so good to hear him say that! He's one that thought getting pg was so easy But, I'm irregular and my last 3 cycles my LP was only 11 days. I'm so happy for coming here and learning so much, and for charting because when I go to my doc at the end of the month, I'm stocked full of info and will try and force her to help me rather than just say everything's ok keep trying.

Tomorrow we are going to get all the supplies we need for our bathroom renos and will start painting the doors and baseboards, I'm excited! Mostly because I can't wait to have a bathroom and tub where I can actually have a bath in

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search