Tam's IVF Journey! (starts on Page 32, Post 634)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2009, 09:16 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have fun remodeling.....I redid a bathroom, took me 6 months to do cause I started and then could never find the time! At least you'll get a tub....Sorry about AF starting, that is always a bummer.
July 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry AF showed **big hug**

Yay for getting a new tub...renovating is so exciting. I love going to Lowe's and Home Depot...I can spend hours just walking around. The smell of lumber always brings back good memories for me.

July 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Sorry about AF buddy, but you'll get your BFP soon I'm hoping the first reading was right, and that you're going to get a BFP in September from a cycle that started in August - that sounds good, it has a good vibe for you.

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
July 20th, 2009, 07:42 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl!!! so sorry that AF showed I hope that your first reading is right too! I got the same reading from Jenny and that would put us on a DDC together!!~ here's hoping...
July 21st, 2009, 08:29 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies! I had my acupuncture today and what an experience! She listened to everything about my IBS and my issues with irregular AF and side pains etc. She put some needles in for bowels, reproductive organs and also my hormones. The one needle that hurt and hurt the whole time is the one that is in my painful spot on my low right side. She said that was a good thing that she wanted it to feel stimulated the whole time. She feels that I have dampness in my body and gave me some foods to try and of course, suggested that I exercise to get things moving. I thought this was interesting since I've been told I have excess yeast in my body which kind of goes hand in hand with dampness...

Anyway, she felt that there was a blockage somewhere, and she is concerned about the constant pain and dizziness I feel from time to time. She thought it could even be hormonal.

The cool part is I told her we were ttc and that I was charting and noticed my pain was the worst after ovulation. So, she was interested in knowing about my charts and was happy I record all that. I told her what my pre and post O temps were, and she thinks I might have low progesterone levels given my lower post O temps than most.

So, I made another appt for Friday and we'll see if it makes a difference

Have to put out a big thank you to Rebecca for giving me the idea! And thanks to you all for listening to my moaning and groaning about everything!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 21st, 2009, 11:33 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Wow Tammy sounds like you had a very productive appointment! Hope it sorts out some of your problems. It sounds like you're really making some headway!

Lets have a bit of a race... Last one to grads has to make the other a set of baby booties! LOL

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
July 22nd, 2009, 06:06 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl_W View Post
Last one to grads has to make the other a set of baby booties! LOL
HA HA!! I like that!!

July 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
I'm glad your appointment went well!
July 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I so happy I was able to give you the idea of acupuncture. I delighted your appointment went great. When I went for my IPS she also told me I had dampness in my body. I only get IBS now maybe once every few months. I really think it was the acupuncture that worked for me.
Now remember if you feel tired after your treatment go for a rest don't fight it also she told me not to sit on anything cold like a wall so the dampness wouldn't travel back into your system.
I really hope this works for you not only for your IBS but also to get your BFP.

[SIZE="3"]

July 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I have nothing to report so just saying hi to everyone who stops in!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 22nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great acupuncture visit!!! Did you look for an acupuncturist that specializes in fertility or was is just a general acupuncturist? I think after hearing you and Rebecca I will defiantly look into doing this next week. Do you mind me asking if it was expensive?

July 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
She was general, but on her pamphlet most of what she promoted was reproductive therapy. I'm in Canada so may be different for you, it was $75 for me, I know one of the guys at work had gone for $50. The questionnaire was perhaps the most extensive I've ever filled out! From your sleeping and eating habits, to what your pee looks like and how often you go, to what time you go to bed and wake up, to what kind of tastes you taste in your mouth on a regular basis, I mean they are very thorough. She asked me if I was anemic just from looking at my tongue because it is not as pink as it should be. I like that they can work on more than one problem at a time, and she even said they do not believe in just treating one organ because typically if something doesn't feel right, it makes other things not right at the same time.

If you have any questions let me know, and I know Rebecca was awesome with my questions too! I'm going back on Friday, but I have to say, I'm still spotting today, and whether it's because AF is pretty much gone or the acupuncture, I don't have the unbearable pain I did the last 2 days. None at all, but will see what happens next cycle!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 24th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Tammy i'm gald the pain is gone I felt the same after my acupuncture it was like someone turn off the pain switch. I'm gald your going back b/c it does take a few sessions to fell the tru effect well it did for me anyway. My treatment costs me €55and my health insurance covers €30 of that for 12 sessions a year.
I hope it helps with your IBS and if it helps with getting your BFP that would be fantastic...
Good Luck Darling.

[SIZE="3"]

July 24th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Hey Tammy! Sounds like the accupuncture is working! So glad you are feeling better and I hope it leads you to your BFP very soon! Have a wonderful weekend!
July 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Quick update... I worked nights this weekend so missed out on the journals and hope to catch up tonight I just realized the prime time baby making time may be while we're at Big Valley Jamboree this weekend (a 4 day outdoor concert) and my mom is staying in the trailer with us! I told DF I'm not missing out on a month of opportunities so we may have to get my mom drunk enough to pass out! lol

AND, the best news... I just got the call my wedding dress is in! So, I'm off to pick it up from the tailors! OMG I can't wait, less than a month till I get to be a Mrs.!!! I'm so hoping I get pg this cycle, it would be right around that time I'd be testing and would so love to give DF that as a wedding present! Pray to the baby gods for me!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 27th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Have fun at the Jamboree! I'll be praying that your plan works
July 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Hey Tammy! Hope everything works out the way that you planned at the jamboree and YAY for getting your wedding dress!!! Can we see??? Please
July 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
So, I'm posting pics of my dress... I'm home sick today with major pains in my lower right side that aren't IBS pains so I can only attribute it to my cysts that came back last night So, I needed a pick me up! The pics aren't the greatest, I can't do it up by myself and left it in the bag to take em, in less than a month will have the best pics to post though

The crazy part about this is that initially it was going to be a beach wedding type dress because we were going to get married at a campground and keep it casual. But, I started looking at dresses and felt the need to be a bit of a princess! Then, there was supposed to be no train, but my designer felt that I would lose too much detail by cutting off the train and she wanted me to have it all so she left it! We're getting married outside in Jasper Alberta on Pyramid Island, look it up if you have the time, it's beautiful! Then, our reception is at the horseriding stables! So, me and all my princess dress and train will be walking around horse stables! lol They did put a bustle on it for me which will help, but I can't wait! I found a tiara and jewelry off ebay and went all out on my garter, I love it so much I don't want to toss it! lol My flowers will be gerbera daisies with reds, oranges, purples, all the deep colors. I've never been so excited for a day to come!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 28th, 2009, 06:37 AM
The dress is so gorgeous!!! When is the big day???
July 28th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful bride you will be!!! Can't wait for pics!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search