Tam's IVF Journey! (starts on Page 32, Post 634)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello all! I've been here a little while and thought I'd come on over to the journal section! Creeped on everyone's journals last night and thought it was cool because you can get to know someone a lot more than by seeing random posts everywhere.

So, me... I was here 3 years ago with my ex husband. It was his idea to ttc, however when I first told him I was late he freaked right out. When I said this was your idea and what you said you wanted, he said he knows that, but thought we'd have a lot more time to have sex. Our marriage had a lot of problems and there was no sex for a year, and that was his way of getting some... playing with my heart by pretending to actually want a baby with me. I woke up, learned, and after realizing how much was wrong with our marriage and that we would never be compatible as life long partners, we divorced.

I went through a stage of hating men and was determined to stay single. Then I met DF, Matt We were both online on a dating site and I was just closing my account because I thought it was ridiculous. He messaged me, seemed nice so I added him to MSN. We start chatting and he recognized me from 16 years ago, he was my manager when I worked at McDonalds! I had no desire to meet up with him again, but he was persistent! Calling, texting, messaging, and drove me crazy enough I finally agreed to meet him for a drink just to tell him to pound sand. I tell ya, it was instant chemistry, after our first date we couldn't get enough of each other... that was last March and now we are getting married Aug 22nd

DF has 3 boys from a previous marriage and at first wasn't sure if he wanted another because financially he is tapped. But, I have a job that brings home the bacon and a great family support system so once he came to terms with that, he is the one that really wants this to happen! How amazing is it to plan with someone that wants it as much as you? I'm so lucky to have met him and didn't lose him when I was trying so desperately to keep him away.

I went off BCP in April and I'm all over the place. I have a feeling it will take time for us and I really hope I'm wrong! I see so many wonderful couples have a hard time getting pg and I think if it takes us too much time we won't stick it out because DF will be 38 this Sept.

So, that's my story in a nutshell! Can't wait to get to know everyone better, and all go through our BFP's together

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Tammyms; March 3rd, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
July 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tam! I'm Lee Ann. That is kind of funny how ya'll had worked together before and met online.....wierd how things work out!!! Glad it was for the better. Good luck this cycle!!
July 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Lee Ann!!!

So, I'm pretty pumped this evening! I was so frustrated with OPK's because I wasn't getting any sort of line whatsoever Yesterday I got the faintest of lines and this morning got another faint line. Had an urge to POAS this evening and got a positive OPK!!! I started taking my temp a couple days ago despite my shift work, right now I'm just happy to know that I O!

And the good news is that DF and I BD'd this morning. So, now how long till I actually O, not sure... guess we'll say between 12 and 48 like all the different sites say and hope for the best!

Yay me for O'ing!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 5th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RubyRed03 Send a message via Yahoo to RubyRed03
Hey Tammy..... YAY for Oing!!!! Glad you started a journal!
July 5th, 2009, 09:34 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! Hope you catch that eggie! Good luck
July 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hello! i wanted to say hi...and hope you get your this month!!!

July 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Well poo. Here was me so darned excited my OPK's were positive and the bd'ing ain't gonna happen We did yesterday afternoon and I got my positive after that. DF got called to work at 7am and wasn't in the mood when he left, and won't be home until tomorrow sometime, which I work nights so earliest we'd get to bd again is around 1am. Grrr. Was so pumped that I would actually know when to time it.

Crappy thing is, we work shift work and he's away from home for a couple days at a time almost everytime he works.

Yes, I'm having myself a pity party I know.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Yeah for starting your journal...
Feel free to have a pity party we all have them at some stage...
I'll keep my fingers crossed that ye caught yer eggie ( it only takes one spermie )
Good luck on your journey to getting your BFP looking forward to getting to know you better.

[SIZE="3"]

July 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Tam! Thanks for the sweet comments on my journal... sounds like we O'd around the same time (I'm hoping I O'd anyway!). Maybe if we're insanely lucky we'll join the same DDC! Your BDing the day before your + OPK could have done the trick, you never know!

Do you know why you have longer cycles? I do too (thanks to PCOS, ugh) and I hate it... it feels like you get so many fewer opportunities! I hope if it does take you guys awhile that you don't quit... my DH is 40 and we are just now trying for #1 of (hopefully) 4!! You're only as old as you feel, as they say. Or as old as your spine is stiff, according to my yoga teacher. Good luck, hope you get your BFP soon!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
July 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Mandy, that is awesome you guys are going to try for 4!!! DF would love to have more kids with me, but he has 3 from a previous marriage so the financial burden would be too great I suppose that is part of my pressure... when I tell him I'm worried about it taking a long time to ttc, he goes on to tell me not to worry because him and his ex wife weren't even trying and it happened easily... trying to be supportive yet it's stressful at the same time because compared to her I will feel like a failure if it takes time.

I'm not sure why I'm irregular, I'm guessing because I have been on BCP since I was 16. I went off for a few months in 2006 and was irregular until I started it again. My doctor has never been concerned about it, so I'm trying to be patient.

Oh, if we get BFP's together that would be fabulous!!! Looks like we have a lot of similarities in our situations which is always helpful

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Tammyms; July 5th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
July 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice to have "met" you on chat the other night Tammy!

Happy that you and DF are getting married! Love your story!

Hope you caught your eggie this month!

July 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for starting a journal!!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I love weddings!! How's the wedding planning coming?

July 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you started a journal! Congrats on your engagement! I hope you get your BFP soon!
July 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Thought I would do my 200th post in my journal! I have nothing exciting to report... DF was away for work yesterday and won't be home until late this afternoon, which sucks because then I will be at work Funny thing about that, with my ex husband I loved working opposite shifts so I'd never have to see him, and when we got divorced I always wanted a man who worked away from home so I could have my life. Now that I'm with the right one, I hate being apart. If I only I knew then what I know now, I would have saved myself a ton of heartache, but then I wouldn't be where I am today so it's all worked out right?

So, here I am, bored and lazy because my roommate came home at 11 last night and decided to cook something in my oven. Which the fan is LOUD and lasts for 90 minutes after you turn it off. Seriously, the kid (who is 29 going on 16) doesn't ever cook, but chooses to at that time of night? To boot, he hasn't paid his rent so I'm already mad at him... then the dog starts barking because he's home making noise. Do you think he could let the dog out? No, that would be silly wouldn't it? So, I finally get up, let the dog out, water the garden to let off some steam and get back to bed. Then he's rustling in his room for about an hour. So, about 1am I finally get the peace I need to fall asleep. Then, the cat decides at 6am she's hungry and chooses to lick my face as a way of telling me.

Seriously, it's like having children! lol

On a happy note, it rained here last night which is awesome because we've had drought like conditions and need the rain more than anything!

Hope you all have an awesome day

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 6th, 2009, 12:32 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about the noisy roomy! I had a terrible night sleep last night too! I was tossing & turning until almost 1am before I finally fell asleep and even still it didn't last.

Glad to hear you got some rain! It's been cloudy off & on all day here... I wonder if you are sending the rain our way!

July 7th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Well pooh... lol I got my readings back they're posted in my siggy and all 3 say a boy! DF has 3 boys and we really want a girl... I've already told him if we have a boy, he's having 5 kids, I want at least one on my team!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Wow...all of those readings are really close....good luck!

July 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! Hope things are going well! I hope the reading are wrong and you get a BFP very soon and it's a girl for your team!
July 8th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Oh ladies! Woo woo! Not only did I get + OPK's my first time around, I got crosshairs and am 3 days post O!!! Pretty good for someone was so sure her body didn't work! I'm stoked, even if I don't get my BFP this month, I'm happy to see that I learned a lot, including that I O and I have a good idea when AF will come! Yay me!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Yeah for getting CH... Looking at your chart you planned your BD just right to catch that eggie. Good luck honey

[SIZE="3"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search