New to this

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone Thought I would try this and see if this would help me out. My husband and I have been trying for about 3 yrs now to get pregnant and we are not getting anywhere. I'm going to get and ovualtion kit soon. I do have stress(heck who doesnt these days). We are making it at least. I have an irregualr cycle/period. I could have one one month and then go another month and i dont have sometimes i have one every. It just difficult cuz really dont have anyone to talk to , dont have many friends here only been live in the area a couple of years for one and for another I'm currently unemployed. I just thought I would come on here for some support and encouragement

Thanks
Char
July 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the journals. And feel free to come join us on the forums.
July 4th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! You will find a ton of great ladies here and so many that are willing to answer any question you may have, good luck

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 5th, 2009, 12:03 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hey! i just wanted to say hi and welcome

July 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for welcoming me I really appreciate it. I just dont know where to start if i could advice that would be great. First off, like I said before I have irregualr periods. Then we have trouble getting his sperm to stay inside of me and I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to try and get an ovulation kit soon I'm hoping. UUggghhhh I'm getting frustrated.
July 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Have you talked to a doctor about your irregular cycles? That would probably be of some benefit to you.

Also, don't worry about some of the fluids leaking out of you....that is just natural for it to do that. You are still going to have some sperm inside....it is just the seminal fluid and such leaking out. You can try to lie on your back with a pillow under your hips for 20 or so minutes.
July 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Lee Ann. I really cant afford a doctor right now and I dont have insurance. I've done the laying on the bed for 10, 20 30 mins and with a pilliow. He keeps thinking its him and I keep thinking its me. I dont know when I ovulate so I thought we can try an ovualtion kit . Then I read somewhere the other day that a guy should have sex daily when trying and I dont what I believe or what to do anymore???? Getting confused

Char
July 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM
That was probably the article in the NY Times. I think a man wrote that. I know what it is like to think it is one another, we did the same thing. We just got testing done after 15 months of no luck...he had good results and I have clear tubes, so we'll be moving onto an IUI because the viscosity of his semen was high (making it harder for the sperms to move).

You can always get a BBT (basal body thermometer) and temp every morning. That will give you a very good idea or when you are ovulatiing. Fertilityfriend.com is a site you can use for free to chart your BBT and it will tell you whether you ovulate or not. That is a very inexpensive way to see if you are ovulating. A BBT will run you about $7-10.

Hope that helps....good luck
July 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks Lee Ann I was thinking about that too or ovulation kit, there is one up at Walmart for $12 which isnt bad, i'll try that and BBS temp too. I do however think my weight, which i'm about 60-70 lbs over weight, has something to do with it or that we both smoke(which we dont smoke that much)but I know that doesnt help either, and he does drink everyday. Then it doesnt help that his mother thinks he cant have kids, because supposedly his dad couldnt, well opps guess what he did they had my husband and on top of that I went back to school(college) recently. thanks for listening and being there for me I appreciate it.

Char
July 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. I would recommend joining fertilityfriend.com or something similar so that you can track your cycles. You will notice a ticker on a lot of the girls signatures that take you to their chart. It's a fantastic way to learn what is going on inside your body.

July 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks I'll check it out. Now my husband is saying its not a good time to start doing this cuz i'm unemployed and going to school. But I think he getting scared thinking and he isnt ready to do this???
July 15th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Obviously your husband's father couldn't be all that infertile.....they did have your hubby! Does she not want grandkids and saying that to be hurtful or is she saying that kind of like...."just so you know, your father and I had a difficult time conceiving X"?!

Timing isn't always perfect, but that is just something you have to work around. Good luck
July 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks again Lee Ann and your right they did have my husband, thats what i keep saying to myself plus its both of their genes that he has and she isnt infertile, sometimes I do think she wants more grand kids, but sometimes I do think she is saying that to be hurtful. Also, she didnt have trouble getting pregnant(my motherin law) But he told me something the other night, an ex girlfriend of his had gotten pregnant two different times"supposedly"(he was drunk when he said this)which for some reason is when people really let out alot. Anywho, my sister told me awhile ago tho that my one aunt had trouble getting pregnant too. I know timing isnt always perfect, thats what I said to him last night and he did admit to me that he is freaked out cuz i'm in school and unemployed with no insurance. I did buy a basal tempature gauge thing today. I thought it would be better than an ovualtion kit

Char
July 19th, 2009, 04:26 PM
You can use fertilityfriend.com to track your temps! Well, if his ex got preggo twice by him...I would say he probably doesn't have a problem. As for you, if you are regular...you're probably okay too!

My mom & her cousin both had hypothyroidism that kept them from conceiving until they were medicated. I was tested for it, but don't have it. Did your mom have any problems?
July 19th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi welcome to the board. I agree with everything that Lee ann has told you.
Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting is the best way to find out when you O. My advice is to keep the pillow under you for at least 2o min. and from CD 9 or 10 to try and bed every secound day just to be on the safe side untill you know you have O'd. Do you check your CM. EWCM is also a good sign of O.
I hope you get your BFP really soon but untill you do, jump right in and join us on the main forum.

[SIZE="3"]

July 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I'm Chrissy. Lee Ann gave you great advice! Just wanted to say welcome and wish you lots of luck
July 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks LeeAnn, rebroche and Chrissy. As far as I know LeeAnn no hypothyroidism in my family but I've never been tested for it either. I have a very irregular cycle. My mom never had problems either. Heck my loser sister is pregnant and I cant get pregnant. Rebroche I have no clue on some of the abbrevations so could you fill me in on what you are talking about a little more

Char
July 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi Char
If you go to the main TTC#1 forum. there is 4 posts hightlighted in pink. There is one that says Sticky: ~*Getting Started TTC and TTC Abbreviations*~ you will find everything you need ther so you can understand what we are all talking about at the end of the post. But for now~
BFP-Big Fat Positive
CM- Cervical Mucus
EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus
CD - Cycle Day
DPO - Days Post Ovulation

[SIZE="3"]

July 24th, 2009, 05:48 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
July 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Irregular cycles, huh. Are they long or are they just 25 day one month, 32 the next? If they are long, you might PCOS....and I mean 40+ days long. There have been some women on the board that have seen an excess of 60 days in one cycle!

Also, the weight issue could be the problem. I have read (mostly online articles) about women having annovulatory cycles because of their weight and once they lost it, their fertility returned to normal.

If you ever get the need for some advice or just chatting, you should join us on the main TTC#1 board! Hope you have a fab weekend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search