Catherine's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
aaclzamora's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to aaclzamora Send a message via Yahoo to aaclzamora
Well, I've never been one to really dwell on sharing about myself. I have to say I don't really like the spotlight. I was never a part of the "popular" group at school, although I was well-liked. I was always the shy one. So here goes:

I was raised in a tiny farming community in Illinois--grew up in the same house up until I was almost 16. My father was a police officer for the county. My mother did different jobs to make ends meet--she only took jobs that she could take us to when my 2 older sisters and I were younger (mostly housecleaning); then, once we started school, she started working as a Cashier; finally, she settled on a job as a home health care worker. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, and although I am not one now, I do fiercely respect their beliefs--It is hard to find people that loving and who have that much faith despite ridicule. My father had studied as a JW, but had never made the commitment to be one. My two older sisters both are. I have one niece who is going to turn 2 Aug. 31--she's a tad bit small for her age, but she has very long legs for her age (she must have taken after her dad in that respect). We moved from IL to a still small (although larger than my hometown) city in New Mexico to take care of my grandmother. That is where I met my husband, a few months after I turned 18--he was the hiring manager at the Walgreens I began to work at. A couple of months after I began working there, we started dating. My parents did not approve, but I was headstrong and in love, so I moved out. We were married 7 months later (I know not a very long time, but we've made it) on May 23, 2008. We've survived a lil over a year now. In that year, we have moved, found out in the process of the move (a week and a half after we got married) that I was pg, survived me w/o a job for a couple of months, survived finding out I was going to m/c; survived him being laid off for a few months until he found another job; survived my stupid jobs; and survived TTC for 9 months. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of times we didn't think we'd make it--the first year is one of the hardest years.

One of the reasons I'm having so much trouble getting PG is because I don't seem to ovulate often. I blame that on the miscarriage. My miscarriage was caused by a blighted ovum, and it was a missed miscarriage. Missed meaning this: I didn't get to see the doctor until I was supposed to have been about 15 weeks. My uterus was measuring 8-10 weeks, so he did an ultrasound. He found an empty gestational sac, amniotic fluid, and the placenta. But, despite the fact that he deemed my pregnancy a blighted ovum, he refused to do a D&C (I will not see this doctor again). So I waited, and waited, and waited some more to miscarry. I went in on a Tuesday to see him yet again (he had me going every week), and he told me that if I didn't miscarry naturally by my appointment the following monday, he would have to do a D&C (I don't know if this was because of what my dates should have been or if he finally decided I had waited enough). Well, I started spotting on Friday, and started passing clots on Sunday (and I had to go to the ER then).
I think that because my body had been holding on for so long that it just messed my body up. I think that would be understandable. My husbands insurance starts on Aug. 1st, so at this point, if we get pg, we are home free. But that isn't going to happen...at least not this cycle--it's annovulatory...again. I have O'd once since the miscarriage--and the miscarriage was 10 months ago on the 14th.

But I have a new plan. A friend of mine had some FertilAid that she could not use---she only used 5 of the capsules and they gave her awful headaches. I am hoping that they don't have the same result with me. (Note: FertilAid is not a medicine---it is a supplement, but if you are taking any fertility drugs, like clomid, consult your doctor).
So when AF arrives, I will start taking the FertilAid, and we will see what happens...I just have to wait for AF to finally get here. And then we can see if this will work.

Catherine (20) & Alex (29) Est. 05/23/2008 One angel 09/14/2008
July 5th, 2009, 09:07 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the journals!! I've seen ya in the chat room a few times.

Sorry to hear about your loss and that your cycles are still crazy. Have you talked to your doctor about not Oing?

July 6th, 2009, 12:15 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hi and welcome here is some fertility

July 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Glowlilac's Avatar Veteran
Hi Catherine! It sounds like you've been through a lot but have a great attitude about it all! Good luck!

July 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the journals section of TTC#1, I think you will find that keeping a journal helps to relieve a little stress and emotion. Its nice to get those things out and talk to other ladies. The women here are so wonderful and so supportive i dont think i could have gotten through my miscarriages without them.

I hope you start to O more regularly and that you get pregnant very soon!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
Hi Catherine! I was really touched reading your journal! It sounds like you have definitely been through a lot, but you sound like a very strong woman! I hope that the FertilAid works for you and that you get your BFP very soon!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

July 9th, 2009, 04:03 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Catherine! YAY for starting a journal! SOunds like you have already been through a lot I hope things get better for you and the Fertiliad works!
July 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you started a journal! If AF doesn't show anytime soon, your dr can prescribe provera for you to get it started. That's what my dr does with my neverending cycles!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search