~*~*Candace's TTC #1 Journal*~*~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2009, 06:53 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
My name is Candace (25) and DH is David (24). We started 6 years ago as friends, who met through work (gotta love Target!). It started off kind of complicated: we went on vacation with a few mutual friends and we ended up kissing. When we got back home, we casually hung out and were kind of affectionate. Then, one day out of the blue, he just stops hanging out me as often and quits calling me. Ok, whatever, it sucks but I moved on. We still, both, hung out with the same 5 or so people all the time for the next year and a half. I was fortunate enough to see all the bimbos and watch them break his heart (most of them cheated on him).
He finally found another job, but it was overnights until 2AM or so. He used to call me and some others to see if we wanted to hang out because he was still awake and not ready for bed after work. I had done this several times and then finally, I was the only one who would stick around. We ended up watching TV on his parents' couch in the living room. I accidentally hit his nose and kept apologizing. He said 'Fix It' and I asked 'What do you want me to do?', he goes on to say 'Kiss it and make it better'. So I lean down to kiss his nose and he moves his head so my lips land on his lips. This was in 2004 and fast forward a little over a year and he gave me a promise ring for Christmas. At first (since he didn't have the money) he used his Mother's engagement ring and eventually he bought a promise ring for me. We only broke up 2-3 times while were dating, but always came back together and it was never for very long.
In 2006 (so approx. 6 months after the promise ring), we had been discussing marriage a lot, so it was in the near future. He took me and his parents up to the North Georgia mountains for the day, as part of my birthday (the end of May). We had a good time and eventually headed home. When we got home he took me to one of my favorite spots around the local lake for sunset. He pulls in and we get out, he wraps me in his arms and says 'You know I want to marry you, right?' and I said 'I know babe'. He proceeds with 'Well, will you?', I say 'Are you joking?' because he had done that before as a joke. He says 'No, I am serious' and I say 'Yes, of course I will'. We kiss and stay for a little while longer then head to his parents (which is where I was living at the time).
I started to plan my wedding soon after we became engaged. I was so excited, I even went out and bought a dress. It was going pretty well until my mom decided it was HER wedding too. My dad was the only one who gave us money and she did not, well could not. I finally got fed up with her telling me what to do with OUR wedding, so one day at work David and I were joking (at this point we were together, again, with his dad) at work saying we could just got get our license and get married at the justice of the peace. His dad told us, well why not? Good point. I contemplated for an hour because I knew my parents would be outraged, more like my mom. After much thought and discussion with people, I realized I needed to do what was best for US, not others. We left work, went home, got in our Sunday clothes, and headed to the court house. His mom came with us (SAHW since she is disabled) to take pictures. We were married August 21, 2006 at 4:15PM. We got in the car and I put in our song, 'More Than A Feeling' by Boston. We went to Macaroni Grill afterwards and had a really nice, romantic dinner. They even gave us 1/2 a cake as a 'Congrats'.
After a year of marriage, we started to have some marital problems. Basically, after counseling and getting through a near-divorce moment, I came to realize that we were growing and maturing together, so that caused some problems. I had a lot of insecurities because of a lack of confidence in myself. David and I are a lot alike: opinionated, stubborn, and out spoken. Don't get me wrong our marriage is not picture perfect, but we have come SUCH a long way. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We grew a lot from that episode. It brought us together and made us stronger.
We always knew we wanted children, it was a given. I had slight baby fever every now and then, but when my SIL got pg last March, it was on like donky kong! David and I were still recooperating from our 'episode', so he knew we were not ready and I am thankful he was the wise one on that call. Over the past year and a half, we worked out the kinks and finally we both are on the same page. When DH lost his job in June, that put TTC on the back burner, but we didn't know how long. With the help of my BIL, he helped David find a job within the company he worked for. We are grateful for the job, but DH is heart-broken over losing his last job (thats another loooong story). Learning he found a new job quickly, we decided nows as good as any to start TTC. I went off bcp Monday, July 13th (6 days early). As of today, my body is responding well. I started AF 5 days early and hoping to O this month.
Ok, that's our love story. It's not perfect, but it's ours!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
Candace...I'm so glad you started a journal! I think you will really enjoy the feedback from all the wonderful ladies here! It sounds like you and your DH have a very loving relationship! I love reading stories of how people fell in love! I wish you all the best of luck in your TTC journey, and I hope you get your BFP very soon!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

July 16th, 2009, 08:28 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Candace!!! I'm so happy you're TTC! What a great love story too! Nobody's relationship is perfect. It just takes two people who are willing to work through things and it sounds like that's what you both have done. I really hope TTC is a great experience for you and you get your BFP in no time.

July 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the world of journals!! Thank you for sharing your story! Hopefully your TTC journal will be a short one, and we'll get to read a pregnancy journal from you in short time!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I cant wait to follow your journey! I hope its very short though!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I hope its short too, but like some of you know...it may take some time. DH thinks he has super sperm, so we will see how super they are! My mom had trouble carrying full term (had multiple miscarriages early/mid-pregnancy, if I remember correctly). She had to use some kind of fertility treatment to get pg, then she ended up with twins (me and my brother). On top of that, she was 2 weeks late and we both weighed over 7 lbs...DH was on time and weighed over 7 lbs too. Anyway, I am just scared of m/c, as we all are.

Born June 5, 2010
July 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope AF leaves soon so you can get started on ttc! Good luck!

July 20th, 2009, 04:20 AM
CD5

Not much to report. AF is officially gone. Her stay was short and sweet, which I am hoping doesn't mean I may get another visit soon (just because of going off of bcp). I won't dwell on it, just take this whole TTC day by day. DH and I BDed last night and I think I need to start elevating my lower half afterwards, well at least when I am actually fertile. I still didn't purchase bbt because DH doesn't want me to temp this month, so I am just 'sneaking' in my temps with a regular thermometer. I realize its not as accurate, but I have to work with what I have. Ok, that's all I have to report.

Born June 5, 2010
July 20th, 2009, 07:31 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Candace! YAY for starting a journal! Glad AF is gone and you can officially TTC!! Good luck sweetie! Hope you get your BFP very soon
July 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for starting a journal Candace!

Personally, I think the unique love stories are the best. We so often get caught up in what movies and TV show us is the way you're supposed to fall in love, get engaged and then married. But in real life, it's often quite different. The fact that you guys did what was right for YOU is what makes it all the more special! So congrats on that!!

I'm just curious... why doesn't DH want you to temp yet?

July 20th, 2009, 08:15 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Yay for starting a journal Candace!

Personally, I think the unique love stories are the best. We so often get caught up in what movies and TV show us is the way you're supposed to fall in love, get engaged and then married. But in real life, it's often quite different. The fact that you guys did what was right for YOU is what makes it all the more special! So congrats on that!!

I'm just curious... why doesn't DH want you to temp yet?
I totally agree Nikki!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Because he wants me to put more faith in God. Which I agree and understand. He also thinks it will only take once, which I am all for and hope for, but its all in God's timing.

Born June 5, 2010
July 20th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I see.

I wish you the best of luck during your journey. I hope you get your BFP very soon.

July 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I do too, thank you! I am not holding my breath that it will happen the first time. I am prepared to stay as long as it takes.

Born June 5, 2010
July 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice reading your story Candace!! We've all had our ups & downs! That's life's journey right?

Hope your stay is short & sweet!

July 21st, 2009, 04:31 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Candace! Hope it doesn't take that long Have a great day!!!!!!
July 21st, 2009, 06:38 AM
CD6

Nothing real new to report. I think I am starting to get wet cm, but we will see as the day progresses. FF says I should be fertile all this weekend and O on Monday...I hope so!

Born June 5, 2010
July 21st, 2009, 07:10 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Candace! I hope you hit the target on the first month
July 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hey! we have the same ticker!! but im about to change mine before i get offline.....anyway i hope you get your at the end of your cycle.

July 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hey! we have the same ticker!! but im about to change mine before i get offline.....anyway i hope you get your at the end of your cycle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search