Rachel's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
girlggc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! I thought I'd start a journal. Couple's Therapy went really well. Tomorrow I have an ultrasound scheduled for 8:00am. I have an appointment scheduled with the surgeon on Tuesday. At this point, I really just want my gall bladder out.

Edited to add: I hate being overweight. Everyone judges you when you are heavy. Yesterday I went to the doctor's office for a follow-up about my gall bladder. The medical assistant who weighed me started lecturing me about my weight without even looking at my chart! If she had looked, she would've seen that it's down 10lbs from last time. Everything is relative and I don't appreciate being judged based on my weight, especially when it's down 10 lbs AND I'm on medication that has known side-effects of weight gain.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for the beautiful siggie!

Last edited by girlggc; July 22nd, 2009 at 04:41 PM.
July 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journaling Rachel! Look forward to reading about your journey.
July 23rd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Thank you Lee Ann.

Update: I went for my ultrasound this morning, but the tech wouldn't tell me squat about my gall bladder. She said I'd have to call my doctor next week for the results.

July 23rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
That is odd.....everywhere I've gone and had things done, they tell me if they know the answer. I hope your doc gets back with you soon about the results.
July 24th, 2009, 04:37 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Rachel! Hope you get some good news and make a quick recovery! Have a wonderful weekend!
July 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Today I went to Walmart to buy some plastic bins for storage. I also went to CVS to pick up a prescription. I managed to convince DH to switch from cigarettes (he only smokes 1-2 cigarettes per day but can't quite kick the habit) to the gum.

July 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on starting a journal!!

I'm sorry you're having to deal with ignorant people. Sadly, some people aren't able to see past what is right in front of their faces, or to take a moment to get all of the facts before they start making judgments.

I'm also sorry you weren't able to get the U/S tech to tell you anything. When I got my U/S for my gallbladder, I asked the woman as she was doing it and she pointed out the stones and told me they weren't supposed to be there. But I do know that sometimes they don't want to take the risk of giving someone inaccurate info and then that person suing... we have become a very litigious society these days.

Here's hoping you get some info soon and that your surgery will go as quickly and easily as mine did. Again, I'm happy to give you any insight, info or encouragement I can.

July 25th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HI Rachel! I wish that the techs would be able to tell you stuff. But, they technically aren't radiologists so I guess they don't want to mis-diagnose.

Good luck at your appt. I hope that it goes well.
July 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Oh!!! Frustrations!!!! I want a baby soo bad! I don't care that we have very little money! I don't care that we are living with the inlaws! Heck, I don't even care about my gall bladder at this point! I just want a baby! But DH is refusing to ejaculate in me because of my gall bladder! I just want a baby!

July 25th, 2009, 05:10 PM
He sure does have some willpower! I know you want a baby but just remember - you need to be healthy too. And you don't want something to happen with your gallbladder that jeopardizes the pregnancy!

Have you scheduled a day for your surgery? Is it in a month or is that just a consult about the surgery?
July 25th, 2009, 06:10 PM
The consult for the surgery is on Tuesday. It will be scheduled then.

July 25th, 2009, 07:06 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rachel I think you are making the right choice, hard choice *hugs*, but the right choice. I hope everything goes well at your meeting with your doctor. Please KUP on how your meeting goes.

July 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I can't sleep. My gallbladder is bothering me again. It hurts so bad. But DH is sleeping so I'm still trying to decide if it's worth going to the ER over. Maybe I should just suffer in silence and let DH sleep.

July 25th, 2009, 08:11 PM
HUGS! I had pancreatitis 5 years ago....and I thought I was going to die! So I can only imagine what your gallbladder pain feels like

I hope you don't have to go to the ER. I'll be thinking about you....hope you get to feeling better!!!
July 25th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Okay, I woke DH and told him that I really don't want to go to the ER. We agreed that I would try to tough it out. DH is currently sleeping.

July 26th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Ugh, my fil ran over Xander's water bowl with his pickup truck. I went to walmart this morning to buy a new dog bowl to replace it. I'm hoping fil will reimburse me since he's the one who ran over the first bowl to begin with.

July 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Okay, I'm completely nuts! I have made a baby registry even though I'm still ttc. If you want to view it, it's available here. I did not include baby furniture because I plan to buy that elsewhere.

July 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM
HA! No you are completely sane!!! I have my baby registry in my head. I know exactly what I am going to register for!!!
July 26th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I spent hours looking at tutorials on how to make a blinkie. I finally came up with . It's supposed to say "Rachel Loves Billy." What do you think?

July 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
The sun will come out tomorrow... Okay, maybe not. The weather man on tv predicted rain. But the good news is that tomorrow I get the results of the ultrasound. Let the singing resume! Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya! Tomorrow! You're only a day away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search