Jenn in DC's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm back from vacation and back to temping on a regular basis. Although it was nice to not temp for a few days while I was away, I realize how obsessed I am with having this information. I really look forward to tracking this everyday. I've learned so much about my body! I'm sure that lots of other people feel this way also.
Today was my second day of a High reading on my CBEFM it's time for lots of BDing It's funny to me that I am so disappointed when AF shows every month but it seems like just a few days go by and its time to start focusing on the next month and BDing. Temping and monitoring fertility/pregancy signs really seems to make the months fly by!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
October 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a high reading...have fun catching that eggie!!!

February 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Iíve been away from the TTC boards for awhile because I just felt like I needed a break. But today I am feeling really down and think that maybe sharing these feelings might be helpful.

Today I got AF which ended our 8th month of TTC #1. I know that a lot of you understand this but it just seems to hit me harder every month. I think that today was especially hard on me because my chart was looking really good relative to past charts. Usually my temperature drops around CD 11 but that didnít happen this time and today was CD 13. Also, FF has been incredibly accurate in predicting the day that AF will show. I usually donít do a HPT before the test date that FF suggests therefore, I pretty much never test because I always gets AF before the suggested test date. But today was my suggested test date and I got a little message on FF saying something like ďYou are past your usual luteal phase. You should go ahead and test. You may be pregnant!Ē Iíve never gotten that message before! I decided to wait to test until DH and I were both home from work tonight but then I got AF a few hours ago. I was/am so disappointed. Iím also mad at myself for getting my hopes up.

I know that I am echoing things that many of you have said before but I just donít know why I canít get a BFP. I think we are doing everything right. My charts show a clear biphasic pattern, my fertility monitor shows that I am ovulating every month. My husband had an S/A and all looked great. I had an HSG and everything was normal. We are BDing at the right time. What is wrong with me????? Why canít I get PG????

I really hate not knowing what the problem is. I donítí even feel like I have any understanding of what the problem could be (in other words Ė what are some of the likely reasons)?

Overall, I am just feeling really down today. The other thing is that I feel like I donít really have anyone to talk to about this besides DH. DH is wonderful and supportive but I know that he feels the pain of this too so I feel kind of bad when I keep bringing it up. Also, I donít think that he can quite understand what it feels like think about this every single day and to have AF show up. All of my friends know that I am TTC but they donít ever ask me about it and when I try to talk about it they donít seem to be able to relate (most of them already have children and conceived right away).

Iím usually a very optimistic and happy person so itís kind of difficult for me to express the sadness that Iím feeling. And I am just feeling very alone. So, I am going to try to spend some more time on this Board. I know that you are all a group of wonderfully supportive women who are experiencing similar feelings. I thank you all for all of the support and kindness that you have expressed in the past and I look forward to spending some more time here with you all.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
February 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jenn! I read your post in TTC 6 months and came over here to reply. First, I wanted to say that I'm sorry you are feeling down. Stupid AF doesn't help with hormones and such either. THis month I just went out and bought a bunch of things. I haven't been shopping for clothes in SOOO long cause I thought I'd be pregnant by now and it would be a waste. So, I said screw it and bought some cute things, that helped, although it certainly doesn't fill the whole void.

I looked at your charts and my heart just sinks for you. I can see that you guys are trying SOOOOOOO hard to make this happen. I just don't understand why it takes some women longer than others. I wish I had something better to say to you, but I hope that coming back here cheers you up a little bit and soon you will be working towards next months BFP! It's getting harder and harder to think it's going to happen for me, but I know it will someday. Hopefully sooner than later!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

February 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry that you got af nice to see you are back....

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

ON My Weightloss Journey.....

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
February 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jenn! Welcome back to the boards! I'm Jess (25) and DH is Ben (26) and we've been trying to have our first little bean since June of 2009. We got our bfp in Nov but that ended in m/c in early Jan... so we're back on the wagon now! I know what you mean about getting frustrated that it hasn't happened yet. we try so hard in our early years to avoid pregnancy and now it just takes so long to happen!! I hope this is your month Jenn!!! BFP BFP BFP!!!

February 17th, 2010, 05:24 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry
I could have typed most of your post word for word....I really wish ttc wasn't so painful for some of us. We are always here for you sweetie..whenever you need us and please PM me if you need someone to vent to. {{{HUG}}}}

February 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jenn,
I am so sorry you aren't getting what you so clearly deserve. It really is unfair. I wish I could say something to make you feel better... I could feel the hurt in your words and wish for a BFP for you to make it go away! Feel free to vent here anytime, we are here for you!
Do the drs. have any idea on where to go from here?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

February 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back, Im sorry for all you went through. Wishing you all the best of luck this cycle :-) Feel free to vent whenever you need to!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search