Jenn in DC's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
I am very new to this message board and this is the first time I have ever posted an on-line journal but here goes…

A little about me and my DH: My name is Jennifer and my DH is Alan. I just turned 34(yesterday) and Alan is 43. We got married in September, 2008 after dating for about 2 years. We have both been married previously but neither have any children. When I first met Alan and began to fall in love with him, he was sure that he never wanted to have children. He had never felt the desire to be a father and at 40 years of age, was sure he never would. I was faced with the dilemma of knowing that I wanted to be a mother but feeling like Alan was the most perfect partner I could imagine (with the exception of him not wanting to have children). I decided to just enjoy the relationship for awhile but get out before it got too serious. However, getting out before it became too serious never really worked as I fell deeper in love with Alan. On the other hand, while it was something that we never really talked about, he seemed to be becoming more receptive to the idea of being a parent as time passed. In May 2008, Alan proposed to me under the stars in Costa Rica, saying “I want to marry you and start a family together.” I think those are the most perfect words I had ever heard! We married in September. In January we expanded our family by adopting a dog, Shilo. We call him our practice baby or our dog-child. So far, we think that we are pretty good dog-parents together.

This is our first month TTC. We started planning this a few months ago. In April, we bought a bunch of baby books – Alan has already read 3 or 4 father-to-be books! We are pretty healthy to begin with but started making small changes to our diets a few months ago (including cutting down alcohol consumption to a very minimum) to be as healthy as possible before we TTC. I also went to the Dr. for pre-conception counseling in June and got the ‘green light” to start TTC. So, earlier this month, while on a work-related trip to China we started TTC for the first time. Currently I am around CD 25 and 11 DPO. If AF doesn’t show up on Saturday, I am planning to test that morning.
July 29th, 2009, 06:59 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Jennifer, welcome to the board!! That is a really beautiful story, especially the way DH proposed!! I hope your stay is short and sweet....I also hope you get a this month!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 29th, 2009, 07:02 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jenn. I'm Lee Ann, welcome to the board! My husband is 41 (although he was 39 when we first started trying) and this will also be our first. If you have time, you should join us the the forum.
July 29th, 2009, 09:17 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jenn! Welcome and I really hope that you get your BFP!!!!!!!!!
July 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on starting a journal Jenn!!! I hope you guys are the lucky ones and get your BFP on your first go!

If you have the time, I agree with Lee Ann... stop by the forums. We have some great conversations that are both entertaining and educational!

I look forward to hearing how this month turns out for you.

July 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!! Im Stef I hope this cycle brings you a BFP!!! Good luck with testing this weekend.

July 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
i hope your af stays away and that you get your July/Aug instead

July 31st, 2009, 05:09 AM
Thank you to everyone for the welcome messages and kind words.

Today is CD28 for me. DH and I are planning to test tonight when we both get home from work. No AF yet so that's a good sign. However, my temp dropped a lot today and yesterday - about one whole degree in two days! I don't really understand that at all but it doesn't sound like a good sign.
July 31st, 2009, 01:56 PM
I got my AF this afternoon so no testing for me this time. DH and I are both pretty disappointed but not completely shocked. We knew that the chances of getting a BFP the first month of trying were somewhat low. We went out a bought a CBE Fertility Monitor and will start doing that in addition to temping this month. I kind of feel the need to have as much information as possible. I would love some advice on using the CBE Monitor if anyone has any...

Thanks.
July 31st, 2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry about AF showing

I hope the CBEFM works great for you. There are quite a few ladies on the main board that have used one. You might want to post a thread on the main board asking about the CBEFM.

July 31st, 2009, 07:49 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about AF Good luck next cycle!
September 21st, 2009, 12:29 PM
I haven't written here in awhile. It's hard to find the time with working full-time and being a student in my "spare time." I do really enjoy reading everyone else's journals and messages on the forum though!

I am in the middle of my third cycle TTC (7 DPO). I'm kind of scared to actually say this but I have a good feeling about this month. I'm not sure why. My symptoms are no different from the last two months when I got BFNs. My husband and I celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary yesterday and I think that a BFP next week would be the perfect anniversary present Also, when my husband and I first got married, we decided that we would start TTC in Sept 2009. We ended up starting to try a few months early just because we realized that on average it takes people several months to get a BFP. But since Sept was our original plan it has been easy for us to face the last two BFNs by saying - well, we weren't going to start trying until Sept anyway and July/Aug was just practice. LOL. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is our month but still not getting my hopes up too high.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
September 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hey there! glad to see you are back....happy anniversary...hope you and your dh had a good day....and hope you get your

September 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Today I am 10 DPO and my temps haven't dropped yet. They normally aren't this high at this time of my cycle. Actually for the past three days my temps have been higher than they have ever been at any point in any of my cycles. I am hoping that this is a good sign but am trying to not get too hopeful.

The other side of this is that I am starting to feel kind of emotional today just like I would a few days before AF. When just about anything can bring me to tears, I know that AF is on the way. I'm hoping that this is a different kind of indicator this month but again, I don't want to get too hopeful.

I plan to test on Sunday so will continue to obsess about these things until then At least I will be distracted since DH and I are going on vacation starting tomorrow morning. That should make the next few days fly by I hope

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
September 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Dang Jenn that's a good looking chart!!

I wanted to say thanks again for the SS gift! OMG, the nuts...we'll they're almost gone!! I should never have gotten started! YUM!!!

I hope this is your month and that you can move on to being a mommy!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 26th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Yay for a vacation. I hope yall have fun!!

September 26th, 2009, 07:57 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey sweetie! Have fun on your vacation! Sorry AF showed, but here is to new hope for this cycle
October 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I just want to say thank you to those of you who left messages in my journal. I have been on vacation for the past 10 days and have had no internet connection at all. I finally got to a location with reception today and checked JM and it was very nice to find some messages here. I was very disappointed when AF showed up on the first full day of vacation but at least I could distract myself with the beautiful scenery of the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park.
So, here we go with cycle #4.... I haven't been temping because we have been camping and it has been in the 20s at night. I think that the freezing temps will definitely mess with my temps so I didn't even bother. I will start again on Wednesday when I am back home. It has actually been kind of nice to take a short break from temping.
Going to get off the computer now and get back to vacationing

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
October 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Have a great time on the rest of your vacation!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
October 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Expecting #1
My name is Ashley(23) and DH is Danny(24)

I'm sorry AF showed up again. I hope this is the last time you see her anytime soon and you get your BFP this month!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search