Jess' TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone! I've been visiting this site for a couple months now and I figured it was time to get into the action!! So first I just want to say that since I'm a newbie I don't know all the meanings to things like DH or EWCM... I did figure out what a few things meant but if anyone has the time or patience to fill me in so I'm in the loop, it would be greatly appreciated!! Anyway, my husband and I got married June of 2008 and last month after a pregnancy (not so) scare lol we decided what the hell?! Let's do this!! So technically we're not trying just not preventing, but of course we're bd'ing around my suspected O date. Of course I'm just doing those silly ovulation calculators online. But since I was on the pill for so long (off for almost 2 months now) my period is pretty regular, comes every 28 days. I can always expect it on a wednesday! So I think we bd'd around the right time and that was around 13th-17th so I should get AF (or not!) on sept 2.. which is my husbands birthday and the day before my birthday! Since I've been off bc i've noticed sore boobs before my period which i never got on the pill, so of course last time I figured I was pregnant but nope! Just AF!! At least now I know that sore boobs are regular for me and I won't get all excited.
August 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
So after my first post I saw Meagans first post and decided it looked like fun, so I'm borrowing it from her! Thanks Meagan!

Lately a JM posted in the TTC forum about her story and ours and I thought this would be an excellent way to start my journal, so this is X posted. I'm so glad because I always wanted to start a TTC journal but couldn't think of a starting point, i.e. the reason I am nearly a year into TTC and only starting this NOW.

Thanks for reading.

Who are you? I'm Jess, 25 in one week. Husband is Ben, will be 26 in 6 days.

What do you do? I just started a new job within my agency as a substance abuse counselor for outpatient services. It's a lot more paperwork than my old job (case manager for alcoholics and addicts) but I'm starting to get the hang of it and I love it so far!!! I am also working on my master's degree in psychology, I'll be done in June!

What does DH do? Ben works as a financial adviser for First Investors. He deals with stocks, insurance, roths; a bunch of stuff I have no idea about.

Do you have any children? Just 3 dogs who are my babies!!

What made you decide you wanted to TTC now? Hmmm let's see... I've always been excited to get pregnant and have a baby so now that we're married... it's allowed! lol Also my good friend had a baby in October of 2008 which got my baby fever into gear... and then a male friend found out he was having a baby (not with the girl, complicated situation: one night thing, paternity test) and he really stepped up to the plate so a couple of us girls threw him a baby shower and he let us register at baby's r us for him so needless to say I had full blown baby fever! Right around the time of the baby shower I realized that my period hadn't come.. and i'm like clockwork and on the pill! It always comes on wednesday of the placebo pills and by Friday I was like WTH!! I took a test that Sunday and it was neg... but still no period. I had also been having some weird dreams about my due date being feb 14 (the birthday of my late father-in-law) and i figured it out that feb 14 could actually be the due date. I thought it was a sign or something! Turns out I wasn't pregnant but since we had discussed it so much we decided we actually wanted to be pregnant. So I didn't start my pills that day!

Reasons for the Timing of TTC: Well I think the answer above takes care of this question... but with the business my husband is in, he only makes more money so we figured we were doing well in the financial aspect.

How long have you been TTC? umm this is my second cycle of trying

What are you doing in your quest? baby dancing!! We're not trying too seriously right now, no temps or charting quite yet. Maybe at the 6 month mark?

Where are you from? Born in MI but moved to CT at 11 years old.

What are your hobbies? My dogs, scrapbooking, reading, my shows!! lol, facebooking, just relaxing cause the weeks are so hectic
August 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
hi jess! welcome!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
August 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
i like your name....welcome to the forum(ttc journals) i hope your stay is short and that you get your soon!!!

August 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! Welcome to the JM boards!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the warm welcomes! So AF is supposed to show on Wednesday so I'm thinking maybe Sunday I'll test! Anyone else testing this weekend?

I haven't really felt any new or unusual symptoms... sore nipples but that's starting to be normal now that I'm off the pill. And i got up twice to pee last night but I always get up at least one! lol
August 30th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Have any of you ladies just referred to the ovulation calenders online with any luck? That's pretty much the route I'm going but I have no idea how accurate they are.
August 30th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
I THINK MOST OF THEM ARE ACCURATE....THAT'S HOW I LEARNED MORE ABOUT MY BODY.....A LOT OF GIRLS SWEAR TO FERTILITYFRIEND.COM did you test??????

August 30th, 2009, 06:20 PM
yea i tested but just with a cheapy from the dollar store... i'll just wait to see if AF shows on Wednesday
September 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
UGH! So I just found out yesterday that my neighbor, who I don't care for on a normal basis, is pregnant! So obviously now I can't stand her even more! I hope to God that I get pregnant soon otherwise it's going to be real hard watching her get bigger and bigger everyday that I see her outside! She already acts better than everyone else and now she gets pregnant?! WTH!?!? Sorry I'm just venting now! But seriously, if I do some gardening she has to do that and more, like put a coi pond in the yard. It's like keeping up with the Jones' or something and now it's more then ever!!!!
September 6th, 2009, 07:33 PM
did af come? how have you been?

September 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
yea she came... she just finished up yesterday. oh well, i can't expect it to happen over night. instead of trying to figure out when I O, i think we'll just start bding every other day that way we won't miss anything!
September 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I HOPE YOU GET YOUR SORRY THAT AF HAD COME

September 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
hey there! after seeing that you came to visit some of our journals...I was hoping that you would write in yours lol... how have you been? thanks for your comment so so much!!! it would be nice if the rest of us could get our s in sept &oct!!!

September 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Hey Nayomi! Thanks for writing in my journal. Well AF started on 9/4 so I'm just getting into my week of bd'ing!! Now we're not trying super hard, just trying to BD the right time of the month, but I'm not charting or anything like that yet. I just came off bc a few months ago so we're taking it slow. I actually brought up to DH that maybe we should put this off right now, our mortgage went up and we've got a trip to vegas next month and i'm nervous about money. But he definitely changed my mind! He was so dissapointed when I suggested waiting. And now he's the one with major baby fever. He got back from a clients house last night and went on and on about how cute their little girls were (7 & 9 years old). So I think we'll give it a go this month and see what happens!

I've been reading everyones journals for awhie now and I finally thought, if i'm in the journal I might as well post something!!!
September 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
your situation is just like dh and I I wanted to give up because its emotionally draining getting af each month...but my dh never wants to give up....at the same time my hubby isnt as emotional as i am and also doesnt have to worry about getting af.....funny how that all works.

September 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hey everyone! So as of today I'm CD12 and according to the online ovulation calculators this is my week to BD. And last night we did and it was weird because if i do get my BFP this month I think it's because of yesterdays BD. Just a feeling I have. But i will continue to bd the next couple of days. I have a couple OPK's from dollar tree... gonna try one today.. not sure how well they work tho... just a cheapy.. I'll keep you all updated!
September 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Just posting this quick to see if my new signature worked!

September 17th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hey! I think your ticker worked! I hope you caught that eggie or catch that eggie & get your I like your siggy.

September 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
not much to post during this 2ww!!!! this is the worst part! except AF of course

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search