Mousie's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Mommy Wannabe
Hey there. I am new to this part of the board. I've spent 2.5 years on the "I want a baby but my partner doesn't" forum. I am so excited to finally be here and to be able to journal the path to my first child.

I am 30 years old, and have actually gone by the nickname Mousie since university (10 full years ago, if you can believe that). My husband is 29, but he'll be 30 soon, too.

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome last month. Although it is an unpleasant diagnosis, it answered so many questions regarding my health that it was almost a relief. My health problems stopped being a big scary thing without a name and became a named issue with a little box I can pack it all away in. It's much easier to deal with things when they have a name.

This is our very first month trying to conceive. I don't know how it's going to work. My husband (bless his confident little heart) thinks it's as easy as having sex and depositing his sperm. He thinks we'll have a baby by July (9 months from now). I think he's a little overconfident, but since he's very rarely wrong, I am hopeful.

My tarot reading was not positive for an October baby, but a more general reading indicated a strong probability that I will be pregnant by Christmas. I'm writing that down for posterity, since I'm still unsure how much I believe in Tarot.

I look forward to keeping up this journal, and hope and pray it will be a short one.

God bless, and thanks for reading.
October 10th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on moving up to actively TTC!! It's great when you finally have "permission" to get pregnant, isn't it? HA HA!!

I hope your DH is right and you get your BFP really quickly!! Don't get discouraged if you don't though... a perfectly healthy couple can take anywhere from 6-12 months to get pregnant, although it does happen much sooner too!

Either way, I look forward to reading your journal as you navigate your way through this TTC journey!

Best of Luck to you and tons of Baby

October 11th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Mommy Wannabe
My husband wanted to baby dance last night. He's pretty eager to get me all knocked up and stuff.

Unfortunately, I've been quite sick for the last week and did not feel up to it. I'm all weak and tired and stuff.

My temperature dropped this morning. I hope it's just because the room was cold. It's a little early for ovulation. I just finished up with AF on Friday.
October 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
hey welcome to this board.....I hope your stay is short...and you get your this cycle.

October 12th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Mommy Wannabe
What do you do when everyone is so eager for you to get pregnant, but you know it may take a while? With certain friends and family members, I can talk at ease about my plans for when I have kids. With others, I just want them to *shut up* already.

We were at an engagement party last night. My husband's family is pretty intrusive on certain topics. When one person gets engaged or married, all the attention falls on the next cousin to follow suit. Same with children. Well, apparently it's been "our turn" for two or three years, and people are starting to get annoyed that we haven't "popped a kid" yet. Also, apparently we have some weird obligation to produce a girl, since there are too many boy babies. Actually, there are only boy babies.

As much as I'd love a girl, I don't really get to control it.

A baby girl would be so completely cherished in that family. She'd be spoiled rotten. In a good way. And then the pressure to perform would start. Chinese families excel at that kind of pressure. But our kid will have that regardless of gender. If we have a boy, he'll be compared to all the boy cousins. If we have a girl, she'll set the standard, and if she sets it too low, she'll be compared to all the subsequent girls.

It's some weird standard of "normal", I think.

No egg yet, and no signs of ovulation. Fertility friend is promising me that I should ovulate around the 19th. That's awesome. That puts my fertile days smack in the middle of my sister's wedding, when we have a house full of people and everyone is running around going crazy.

I guess I can jump my husband on the Thursday. We'll have no privacy Friday, and Saturday is promising to be exhausting. I think Sunday might be a bit exhausting, too, but we'll find a way to make it happen.

According to Shettles, up to Thursday gives us the best chance of conceiving a girl.

Good luck, me.
October 12th, 2009, 03:13 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
I am in a similar situation as you...lots of boys in the family...and so I am thinking pink...but my brother in law the other day said...Wait til you have a son...since his son that is 1 years old is giving him and his wife so many problems because he is teething....and crying more often...

what happen to people just loving eachother's kids instead of comparing them???

October 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Mommy Wannabe
Yeah, I don't know. I just hope that when I have my kids, I do not compare them. I hated being compared as a kid, and I hope I remember that for my own.

My chart is not looking too great for this month. Lots of ups and downs. I was 36.6 this morning. Fingers crossed that I ovulate. Should happen around the end of the week, if at all.
October 15th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats how it is Mousey, dont give up. My pre-O temps were wacky as well.
October 15th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Mommy Wannabe
I GOT MY DIP!!!!

I completely wasn't expecting it so soon, and I was nervous because my pre-O temps were already pretty low, but I think 36.3 is a pretty unmistakeable dip.

Unfortunately, hubby was already getting ready for work (and was late) when I woke up and took my temp, so we couldn't BD this morning. We wouldn't on a work morning anyway. It's not his style and is too far out of the norm for him (he's a creature of comfortable habit).

However, we will try catch that egg tonight. Wish me luck!!
October 18th, 2009, 12:48 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Mousie! Glad to see you've started a journal here, I remember you posting a few times over at TTC w/PCOS- I am the new host over there by the way, so feel free to drop in whenever! We'd love to see you!

Hope your dip was a great sign and those temps go way up (and that you caught it!)... with PCOS it can be unpredictable B) but those high temps don't lie! My fingers will be crossed for you! Did your doctor start you on Metformin or anything yet?

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
October 18th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mommy Wannabe
Well, I used to chart, and in my old charts, I realized that I never ovulated on months that my temperature didn't dip before ovulation. You'll notice my AF temps (and immediately post AF temps) were pretty high. So if my temperature doesn't drop, it can't go back up which usually means I don't ovulate.

I ovulated last month, so I wasn't hopeful that I would again this month.

I need to work on that whole "positive thinking" thing.
October 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Mommy Wannabe
Well, this afternoon I got my EWCM. Fingers crossed that this is a good sign.

Conflicting schedules mean that we only got to BD on Thursday. But we really really want a girl, so we're hoping that this won't decrease our overall chances of getting pregnant, but will increase our chances of having a girl.

Fingers crossed.

Schedules permitting, we'll BD again tonight and then hope and pray.
October 19th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Mommy Wannabe
Well, tomorrow's temperature will tell, but I think I ovulate today. My temperature took a little dip this morning. If it pops up tomorrow to anything higher than 36.8C, we'll know I've ovulated.

That's shockingly...regular for me. That makes me very happy. I did not have high hopes for ovulation this month. I ovulated last month, and two months in a row seemed almost too much to ask.

Prayers for baby dust and sticky bean dust. Our schedules permitted us to make use of the signs and symptoms last night.
October 21st, 2009, 06:35 AM
Mommy Wannabe
**sigh**

So much for ovulating when I thought I did. My body is doing what I originally expected it would do, and not cooperating or ovulating. Instead of going up today, my temperature went down.

My chart no longer looks promising to me for ovulation this month.

Maybe next month.
October 22nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Mommy Wannabe
My temperature rose this morning, which is a good sign. Fingers crossed for my crosshairs in a few days. I'm still not feeling very positive for this month, but that could be a whole bunch of things.

I might be prejudiced by my tarot reading, which is consistently showing up poorly for October. I have a feeling the stress of the month might contribute to a bfn, as well. Hubby was busy, and so was only able to make two attempts at knocking me up.

Still, November looks like it will slow down for him, and things are going to be good in December. He gets two weeks off, and those two weeks will coincide nicely with my projected fertile time. So...YAY!

On a completely random note, the mouse-adoption process seems to be well underway, though we might actually be getting a hamster instead. As a side note, when you say "Hamster", do you say it as "HAMster" or "hamPster"? For some unknown reason, even though I know it's spelled "Hamster", I cannot help but pronounce it "HamPster". I try so hard not to, but that P sound keeps popping in there.

Anyway, what Hubby and I both really want are two white mice. We shall call them Lunkwill and Fook (ref. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). If we get a hamster, we'll have to come up with some equally geeky name, but we both really want mice.

It thrills me to pieces, because I adore animals, but always thought my husband hated them. My husband hated them because he was raised to see them as dirty. Also, he's allergic to everything under the sun. Cats are his worst allergy, but he also gets nasty welts from dog saliva. So when we were talking about my parent's dog and he told me that he'd take him in an instant if he were not so allergic (my parents treat their poor dog horribly), I was like "OMG, you like animals??" Then all of a sudden we were talking about pets, and he mentioned that he wanted something more than just fish.

I could have done cartwheels!! Thus began the saga of the Mouse Adoption, and now I'm all happy and excited about it. I think it was when he saw the little white mouse in the petstore that he really started to love the idea. Now, even though we've been offered a free hamster, what he really wants are mice.
October 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pronounce it HamPster, which may be wrong but oh well!

Sending you lots of good luck, too Maybe those predictions can still be right

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
October 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Mommy Wannabe
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who says it that way. It drives my husband up the wall, but I swear I hear a little "p" pop into his mouth when he says it, too.

I know it's spelled hamster, but it SOUNDS like hamPster. It does.
October 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I find I say hampster too. Isn't that funny? Good luck on your mouse hunt! Hamsters are cool too, but I do prefer mice. They can be a lot of fun and really intelligent. Sorry to say, but all the hamsters I've known (including the two I've had in the past, a teddy bear and a Russian) were boring, sleep-all-the-time, ignore-the-human types of pets. My mice had their times of sleeping all the time, but could be coaxed to play with you for the right treats.

Other hamster owners may correct me, but in my experience hamsters only fulfilled the "cute fluffy thing" requirement. Not so much the fun one.

But of course.. having bred a few batches of mice I'm probably biased.

October 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Mommy Wannabe
Well, the free hamster deal appears to have fallen through. I've gotten the tank all cleaned up. We'll probably get the mice this weekend or next.

In other news, my temps are not looking good this month. I could use an opinion. Can anyone tell me if it looks like I've ovulated yet?

I think I'm going to get OPKs for next month. Also, screw oral temps. My room is cold at night. I'll be going with vaginal temps.
October 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Mousie!! Welcome to the journals....sorry its taking so long to say high...Im trying to get caught up this weekend.

It doesnt look like you O'ed based on your temps but they could be affected by the temp in the room though. Do you still have any EWCM or have you dried up? If you still have watery or EWCM...keep bding.

Also, are you using OPKs this cycle?

My cycle is a little crazy this month too. I dont think I Oed but FF gave me CH's...so I guess time will tell.

Good luck...sendin' ya some good luck dust...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search