Jen's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2009, 11:24 AM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I didn't end up testing this morning. When I took my temperature it had gone way down again, below the cover line. This matches exactly what has happened the past two cycles what happens to my temps a day or two before AF shows up. So I didn't bother wasting a test.

If it miraculously goes back up and AF doesn't start, I'll obviously think about testing then, but until that point I'm pretty convinced that I'm out. Sigh.

January 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry AF showed her face...she showed for me too. Happy New Year

Good luck next cycle...come on 2010 BFP!

January 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Aw, sorry to hear that!

Good luck to you too!

January 6th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hey girl...checkin' on ya!!! Looks like AF left ya...yahoo!!! Good luck this cycle!

January 10th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
Hey girl...checkin' on ya!!! Looks like AF left ya...yahoo!!! Good luck this cycle!
Thanks!! Good luck to you too!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~
I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to TTC this cycle. I'm a bit tired from the holidays and the up and downs of this ride.. and on top of that, the Chinese Gender Chart says I'm more likely to conceive a boy this cycle.. and DH & I both really want a girl first. BUT.. I know the chart isn't 100%.. and considering how hard TTC seems to be, I don't think skipping a cycle due to a gender possibility is worth it. Either gender is good!!

I made an appointment for DH & I at our family doctor, but he's on vacation so our appointment isn't until January 28th. Maybe this will be good luck and the appointment will turn into a "hey look, we're pregnant!" appointment instead. lol! I mean.. if my cycle runs like it usually does (not like last time) then I should be around 12-13 DPO or so by the time the appointment comes around.

But if I don't get pg this cycle, on one hand I wouldn't mind being diagnosed with something that will end up explaining all the strange things going on with my body. On the other hand, I'd rather there be nothing going on and that I just get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy.

January 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I hope you can keep your appointment only to tell your doctor you will have a little bun in the oven

I kinda understand how ya feel about not really wanting to ttc....my DH and I decided not to chart or do anything for ttc except DTD when we feel like it.

January 13th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Things at work are pretty stressful right now.. just busy, the job itself is fine.. But it's year-end time and part of my job is working with payroll type stuff... so yeah, busy. >_<

Other than that things are moving along. I'm on CD 13 today. I did an OPK on Monday, negative. I did another today and it still looks negative.. however, yesterday and today I've had a small amount of EWCM! So here's hoping I'm going to be within "normal" ranges this month and get a + OPK soon!

I'm having a tough time today. Yesterday was the one month anniversary of my cat, Mandy's, death. She was a part of my life for almost 18 years and I raised her from birth.. so her death is very difficult for me, even though I know she had a great, long, love-filled life. Sorry to leave this entry on a sad note, but it's a sad time right now.

Hopefully there's a BFP in the near future to help brighten things up.

January 17th, 2010, 08:23 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww sorry about your cat! I know exactly what you mean! Im so attached to my cats, Im not sure what I would do without them!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
January 19th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks Kimberly! I'm feeling better for now.. It'll take a long time, but day by day!

==================================
I'm officially in the 2 Week Wait, again. 3 DPO today. I'm not sure what to say about it all right now. On one hand I'm still positive and I'm hoping this is "the" cycle and all that. But on the other hand I'm just not thinking about it much. I was really excited during our first TTC cycle.. cautiously excited during the second.. too busy during the third to really think too much about it.. and now I'm just sort of neutral. I don't want to get too excited and set myself up for disappointment, but I don't want to think negatively about it. Whatever good egg-fertilizing, implantation-encouraging, and sticky-egg vibes I can drum up will be helpful!

I was hit by a wave of strong emotions last night. It felt like PMS but it's way too early for that. Sometimes I get really really grumpy for a few days leading up to AF showing. I have a temper. But this time it was different. Nothing set me off and I hadn't been thinking about anything that got me upset. I just was. Could that be pregnancy hormones this early??? I kind of doubt it, but it's fun to think about.

Ooh, and I took a nifty little psychic ability quiz! It's in my signature currently, but in case I take it out in the future (and thus referencing it here would be confusing), I'll type it out:
Telepath 05/10
Clairvoyant 06/10
Psychokinesis 02/10
Precog 04/10
Medium 09/10

According to the site this means that for Clairvoyant I'm "Excellent" (in the highest range) and obviously I ranked very high in Medium! So cool.. I'm going to have to make time to explore this further again. I used to do that a lot but I got distracted by other things.. and then TTC.

January 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I really hope this is the last 2WW you will ever have to go through.

Very cool results on your test...I will have to try it.

January 19th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Good luck!!! We will survive!!!

January 20th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
I really hope this is the last 2WW you will ever have to go through.

Very cool results on your test...I will have to try it.
Yay! If you do, let us know what you get (if you'd like)! And I wish you luck with your cycle as well! Hopefully not paying attention to what was happening when does the magic trick for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLove23 View Post
Good luck!!! We will survive!!!
Good luck to you too!! Here's to a round of BFPs and maybe being in the same DDC!!

====================================
Just jumping in with an interesting little encounter. Tonight while Ryan and I were having dinner he said, "So.. how are your temps doing?" So sweet!! When we first started TTC he was really not terribly interested (wasn't yet sure he even wanted to, but knew we had to get started if we wanted to at all).. gradually over the months he's warmed up to it and once in a while surprises me by actually asking about it. I love it every time he does!! I try not to rattle on too much about things to him, especially because last cycle we messed up BD'ing because he felt under pressure. This cycle the first time we BD'd afterwards he asked if it was good timing.. I just said I didn't know, it was probably too early, and I just initiated it for fun. He was thrilled by that.. since I don't typically initiate BD unless I know it's the right time.

January 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM
Okay, so it's 9pm and I'm in line for the 10:30 showing of Avatar. This time is my second time seeing it, first time in IMAX. I thought I'd kill a little bit of time by posting here. Today we had a celebration at work and I won one of the prize draws!! I won an official Olympics jersey worth $100! I'm not into sports or jerseys at all, but it is neat to have won something and as a souvenir of the Olympics coming to my home province!

In other news my temp spiked today. Maybe that's a good sign?

January 24th, 2010, 03:42 PM
It's 9 DPO! It's the 1-Week-Wait!! Yay! I was feeling discouraged today, but I'm feeling better now.

For some reason I have myself convinced that this is "the" cycle. I dunno why, I just do. And so at 9 DPO with almost no symptoms I've been feeling kind of down.. like maybe I'm wrong. And yeah, I may be wrong.. But I don't want to be wrong yet, y'know? I want to wait and get that official BFN or AF start before I'm sure! So I posted on the "Am I Pregnant" forums to get some reassurance that no symptoms doesn't mean not pregnant. I mean, all I hear about is how so many people are experiencing this or that.. and some are less DPO than I am! Of course, some of them it may be like I was in my first cycle.. every symptom in the book, all in my head.. Others (I really hope) may get their BFP! Thankfully, though, others posted to my question saying it is perfectly normal to NOT have any symptoms in the early weeks. Phew!

I even wondered if my interest in cheese on my weekend meant anything.. On Friday I suddenly wanted a melted cheese sandwich.. and downed two of them AND a glass of milk. Which is the oddest thing because I haven't been able to drink milk literally in years due to issues my body has with fat processing. Well, it was skim milk so that helped, but still! I haven't bothered with skim milk (not for drinking) because it's not as nice as 2%. Anyway, I also had a melted cheese sandwich on Saturday and a cheese slice for a snack before bed Friday night. A bit unusual.

And no sooner did I lament my lack of symptoms and then feel better because of the ladies on AIP, then I had a whammy of a dizzy spell coupled with slight nausea! At around 11am this morning I was suddenly dizzy, clammy hands & face, leaning to the right at my desk feeling really WEIRD.. and very slightly nauseous. Not enough to really feel like throwing up, but enough to feel gross. I would chalk it up to being all in my head but at the time it hit I wasn't thinking about it at all anymore, I was concentrating on work! Well, it may still be in my head, I dunno. We'll see.

That lasted until I ate lunch at noon. Now I'm feeling fine. Hmmm!

January 24th, 2010, 04:22 PM
LOL!! Good Luck!! When are you going to test?

January 24th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Definitely testing tomorrow, though I'm not holding out much hope until Wednesday, when I'll test again.. Since that'll be 12 DPO I'm really hoping to see *something*!! Not to mention the fact that we have a preconception checkup on Thursday, so I'd really like to be able to tell the dr I may be pg instead!

January 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Today I'm feeling up and down about this cycle. I'm just worried that I'm wrong about it. On one hand, my temperature jumped up to 98F so that's a good thing! But I still have plenty of time left for it to nose-dive, signaling AF's arrival. I still haven't really had any symptoms that I can tell, thought I do feel run-down (and did yesterday too). I'm always tired, but I feel more tired. Could be lack of good sleep, though. I feel a bit "wavery", I guess I could say.. Not full on dizzy, but kind of floaty. Just a tad. I may be reaching.

However.. I dabble with tarot card readings and I pulled a card for myself that I very much like! I spread the deck, asked "Am I pregnant?" and pulled an Ace of Cups/Hearts. I've been doing readings for myself and friends for years but even so I still use the books that come with the decks to help decode the cards. In the move last year I misplaced the book that comes with this particular deck (I know it's in a box SOMEWHERE), but I do have a general description of the card:

"The Ace means passion, inspiration, love, joy, and spiritual nourishment, replenishment. It can mean love, marriage and motherhood. This is the card of feminine gestation of the Minor Arcana signifying faith, fruitful abundance, creative talent, enterprise in creation, good news, happy company. When near the love cards this means either true love or great rewards from a loving union."

... !!! Now, different books/sites define each card slightly different but the root meanings are always the same. This card is just chock full of love, blessings, beginnings. If it's not showing me a BFP is near then I'll have to wonder about my card-pulling abilities! I've always hit the nail on the head for my friends/family in readings... but I won't get my hopes up too much yet. It may just mean we're on the right track.

January 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
My temperature fell below the cover line today. I know AF will start in the next few days, without a doubt now. I'm not sure how I feel yet. When I got up today I had to concentrate on getting ready for the doctor's appointment I had booked at the beginning of the month, so I didn't really have time to think about the cycle. I was a little worried about the appointment. It was supposed to be a full check up (so, including a pap test).. but somehow when I booked it I didn't make that clear and we only had a consultation today. So now I have to go back next week for the actual check up that I wanted done today.

But anyways. I still don't know what to think about this cycle. I really thought it was the one. I wasn't being all worked up about it, just confident. And I don't know what to think about that tarot card I pulled. I guess it simply means we're on the right track. I know we are, but okay. So let's go, cycle #5. At least if I conceive this time the Chinese gender chart predicts we'd have a girl, which is what we want to have first.

I'm frustrated and disappointed. I don't want to keep doing this, I just want it to happen! And I certainly don't want to wait until I'm 32 to have my first child. Clock is tickin', body, smarten up!!!

January 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you feel like the is on her way. Boooo!!!

I know exactly what you're saying about not wanting to have to keep doing this. This is our 11th cycle, so I'm TOTALLY there with ya!

January 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
While I'm very reluctant to give myself ANY false hopes, I am having an odd end to my cycle here. I've only been temping for four cycles but it's been very clear: temp takes a huge drop and ends up below the coverline, temp drops again and either AF starts or it drops another time and then AF starts.

On top of that, my actual periods (which obviously I've been monitoring for a lot longer than my temps) are always the same: no spotting prior to the full first day (never have had that happen, ever), Day 1 is either heavy or medium and has really bad cramps that I MUST take a pill for to cope, Day 2 there are no cramps and the flow is medium, Day 3 is no cramps and either medium or light, Day 4 is no cramps and either medium or light, Day 5 is either light or nothing. That's it, rarely longer than that.

Well, yesterday evening I noticed extremely light spotting when I wiped. It was basically just a slight discoloration of my CM (which has been pretty steadily "creamy/lotiony" for a while now, another unusual thing.. usually I'd be very dry at this time). I figured, oh well.. My temp had nose-dived that morning, so it was probably some odd new thing my body was trying: spotting before full AF.

Today I couldn't take my temp at 6am (my regular time) because I didn't get to sleep until 4am (VERY unusual for me... but for the first time in over a year we went out dancing with friends and it was a welcome break from routine! ). So I temped when I did get up, around 10am. So obviously that temperature can't really count as much, but for the sake of curiosity, I recorded it. 97.7. Back up over my coverline! Strange. And this afternoon I had one time of the same extremely light spotting when I wiped.

So I looked up implantation. I always thought it was 6-10 days max for when implantation would occur, but now I'm finding things that say it could take up to 13-15 days? Rare but maybe?? O.o If that's true.. then MAYBE this could be implantation?? Maybe yesterday was the implantation dip?? I dunno, I really don't want to get my hopes up. We'll see what tomorrow's temp brings. We'll see if AF finally shows up. Maybe I'll even test tomorrow am again, though if that WAS implantation, that's probably too early.

Agh, I'm just so confused! I just want to know one way or the other!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search